Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

sugarplum892

46 minutes ago, liddi said:

From what I read, the drama has deviated markedly from the source material. In the original, Yuran was caught between JY and LGC and ultimately chose someone else, even though author Jiang Nan confirmed that the one she loved was JY.

chose someone else? the third guy? she is like that playgirl? :flushed:

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I missed a lot, because I am waiting for the subs....but what really bothers me is the fact that Asule seems to have changed from main character to side character....there were only some short scenes in ep 43 und 44..but where was he in ep 45+46..nowhere:angry:

I have to be honest, I don´t care for Yu Ran´s storyline at all..

This drama started so promising, but the script has become messed up..or should I rather say "watered" down...there are so many storylines, that none has the chance to properly develop. The last episodes rather feel like an intro to 2 different dramas: Yu Ran, her tribe and her love story with Ji Ye and then Asule with his destiny and the upcoming fight with his brothers.

There are only 10 episodes left and I fear that this will be another drama with a half-baked and unsatisfying ending.

4 hours ago, a_tumiwa said:

chose someone else? the third guy? she is like that playgirl? :flushed:

That's a little unfair. Asule and Ji Ye didn't marry who they want too. Does that make them playboys? It's all political marriage.

2 hours ago, Asgarla said:

Maybe I missed a lot, because I am waiting for the subs....but what really bothers me is the fact that Asule seems to have changed from main character to side character....there were only some short scenes in ep 43 und 44..but where was he in ep 45+46..nowhere:angry:

This drama started so promising, but the script has become messed up..or should I rather say "watered" down...there are so many storylines, that none has the chance to properly develop. The last episodes rather feel like an intro to 2 different dramas: Yu Ran, her tribe and her love story with Ji Ye and then Asule with his destiny and the upcoming fight with his brothers.

There are only 10 episodes left and I fear that this will be another drama with a half-baked and unsatisfying ending.

While Asule is billed as the main character, I've always felt that Novoland, as fantasy epic is bound to be ensemble cast, otherwise it wouldn't really be an epic. From what I've gathered, in the books, he's more like an observer in the Eastern Lands, and they blitzed through most of Northern Lands stuff so mhm. Asule is also with Xiao Zhou, who has rapidly become the most hated character in the cast, so mhmmmm.

I've become rapidly detached from the drama that I don't really care about what happens in general, but I still feel compelled to finish the drama oops. I'm personally pretty happy that finally, someone out of our young cast is getting on the path they are destined to be on instead of dillydallying for whatever reasons, and it does wrap up a fairly important side plot. In the past 40 episodes, Ji Ye was sort of working his way towards being a general for half of the first arc (so 30 episodes ago), Xiao Zhou have always been working towards a goal, but she took a break after Asule came back to life (10+ episodes ago), and Asule...just...made...connections?

I dun understand Y so many ppl hated XZ, its becos she has too much screentime? I tot she acted really well n her character is such that she is in an special position. Seems like 4 of them will end up being alone for the rest of their lives...…...suddenly Asule is worthless overnight. I dunno if the writers wanna just end things conveniently for YR n JY, just touched and go for the Wing Tribe unnecessary ppl die and 1 save the land etc.....All settled in 4 episodes or shld I say 2 epi n bits of here n there.....

@a_tumiwa From what I know of the book, YR met JY first, and LGC later. The three of them bonded naturally and later they merged with others to create 乱世结盟 League of Turbulent Times. She was torn when both men fell in love with her, though she admitted to YTZ before leaving Nanhuai that she loved one (JY) and saw the other as a close friend and comrade. Ultimately, unable to choose between them, she opted to be with one of the leaders of Tianqu - assassin 龙襄 Long Xiang. Based on this, YR never toyed with any of their feelings, but made the decision not to choose either of them because to choose one would be to hurt the other.

@skibbies @firipy I do not understand the hate for XZ either. Actually I love her character very much, just as I do YR - just in different ways. YR is a joy because she is artless, always upfront, wearing her heart on her sleeve for all to see. XZ on the other hand, is sharp, poised and selfless - it is evident that every decision she makes is never for herself, but for those she loves - first her royal brother, then LGC, and the Chuwei army who are threatened with attack from the Lower Tang army stationed at the capital if LGC does not return to Nanhuai. I just hope that somehow, all 4 of them will find happiness in their lives, in whatever form, having experienced so much personal loss already.

@skibbies For me, out of the 4, only one purpose got waylaid along the way, and that is LGC's. His primary reason for becoming a hostage at Lower Tang was in exchange for provisions for his people, yet since then, that concern seems to be forgotten amidst all that happened. There was never any lofty purpose in JY apart from being acknowledged for who he is, while YR clearly was happy as long as she could be with her two closest friends so her destiny was something that was thrust upon her, not one she actually sought or wanted. Of the 4, XZ knew from the start what her purpose was, but that goal no longer had relevance once her brother died. Now her only wish is to protect LGC and let him go home, a whole person physically and emotionally, which, by the departure at Shangyang Pass, she has accomplished. As such, if I am not wrong, the last 12 episodes will see LGC rise to succeed his father and lead Tianqu into a definitive war against Chenyue. Just my 2 cents... 

13 hours ago, Asgarla said:

This is connected with Tribes and EMpires right? Tribes and EMpires had a really good beginning nut we were all left hanging at the end. 

Novoland Eagle FLag has a really good start too.... it was fast paced during the earlier eps but its starting to drag now..... maybe bcos my ship has sunk that's why im feeling like this but i really hope it has a good ending

2 hours ago, NicoleChen said:

i like the princess too, it shows drama up to 56 eps, Asule deserves to be loved.

He does and I am pretty happy with all the gifs and screencaps i've seen in weibo today. 

I have finally let go of my delulu ship! Lol 

I really hope we get 56 eps! It cant end at 50!

It feels like its the plot is starting to move again at 46 lol 

WTF is happening!!! 

Suma and Qin are Alive!??! 

SUMA CAN SPEAK?

I am soo confused. I'll drop this drama first them comeback after all the eps are subbed (if I can, its actually driving me mad! Lol I want to watch it subbed now)

I thought it will be a happy ending, my hopes are up!! Now future seems bleak! 

Most people in Weibo are not happy with what has happened in the drama so far. I have seen post saying they are abandoning the drama. Ugh i really want to watch it with subs now. 

Sorry if you guys find mw annoying. I have no other venue to rant and express my thoughts and feelings regarding this drama

I'm still watching this drama but as each episode passes, I lose more & more interest. It started out so good but now ? Too much killing, too much misery & for what? What's the purpose? I guess as a viewer I was looking for a hero, for someone to rise above all & save the day. I watched the trailers up to 50 & Asule takes the lead in a battle (I've lost track of who's battling who & why). 

Truthfully, I'm terribly disappointed. I so looked forward to this drama. I so loved it at the beginning, as in Tribes & Empires. I so wanted to see a satisfying coherent ending. I'm not dumb but I feel like I've become very dumb now (dumb as in IQ). 

15 hours ago, jeenee said:

This is connected with Tribes and EMpires right? Tribes and EMpires had a really good beginning nut we were all left hanging at the end. 

They only share some settings and history because it's technically set in the same word. They are written by different authors and Jiang Nan, Eagle Flag's author have since changed some of his setting. It also changed significantly from the books/story so lmao.

19 hours ago, firipy said:

I dun understand Y so many ppl hated XZ, its becos she has too much screentime?

Yeah basically. She's not a main character in the book, because Jiang Nan didn't quite get to explore her story. So to book fans, it felt like she was shoved in (She was much younger in the books and didn't have much as interaction with the main group) To shipping fans, they ruined their ship, which is little silly because Yuran's otp was never Asule, their relationship have always been one sided, book or drama.

She also seem to be on track of Ji Ye's path in the book, so Ji Ye fans are extra unhappy with her, since she "stole" his storyline. Asule fans are unhappy with her because the he got revived and amnesia plot is drama original. They feel that it was written in to prop her up, while I disagree and think it's just terrible writing, I can sort of see where they are coming from, it's because she comes out of this with most benefits. Asule only remembers her, he's fully reliant on her, they spend a lot of time together and get a relationship developed.  I guess one could argue the plot ensure Asule learns how to control his berserk mode, but that's also because of her. I briefly shipped them two together but have since abandoned it because of that entire arc, I really think they could have used some other plot device/development and make it smoother.

@liddi I don't mean what they want, but what the story had in mind for them. I've mentioned before that Yuran doesn't care for anything political, but that's clearly not what other people or the story have in mind for her. For Ji Ye, in drama, I think that's earning a place in the army (general or something)? He did get acknowledge for who he is, but I don't think that was the story's end goal for him. Since then he has gotten dragged into his friends' problems, which is fine since they are his friends. I'm just not sure what he has in the future for him the way the story is going now. Asule should be returning to Northern Lands now so let's see how that goes.

I saw the shots of epi 49 n 50....I m so upset! the 4 of them just gonna have sad n lonely lives..... If they were so out to throw Asule n XZ together, they are now forcefully throwing XZ away. Poor JY oso gets thrown away out of the blue. Bad guy BLJH oso gonna jus die....gosh!Tat part abt ZBC coming alive again n chatting the wolf gang up n Suma reborn, omg....Just gonna watch till it ends tats it, very sickening end of the world kind of story...

10 hours ago, jeenee said:

WTF is happeninh!!! 

Suma and Qin are Alive!??! 

SUMA CAN SPEAK?

I am soo confused. I'll drop this drama first them comeback after all the eps are subbed (if I can, its actually driving me mad! Lol I want to watched it subbed now)

I thought it will be a happy ending, my hopes are up!! Now future seems bleak! 

Who is Qin sorry?

7 minutes ago, firipy said:

I saw the shots of epi 49 n 50....I m so upset! the 4 of them just gonna have sad n lonely lives..... If they were so out to throw Asule n XZ together, they are now forcefully throwing XZ away. Poor JY oso gets thrown away out of the blue. Bad guy BLJH oso gonna jus die....gosh!Tat part abt ZBC coming alive again n chatting the wolf gang up n Suma reborn, omg....Just gonna watch till it ends tats it, very sickening end of the world kind of story...

Who is Qin sorry?

The older girl during the first ep. Asule's first love, Qin-jiejie 

4 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I'm still watching this drama but as each episode passes, I lose more & more interest. It started out so good but now ? Too much killing, too much misery & for what? What's the purpose? I guess as a viewer I was looking for a hero, for someone to rise above all & save the day. I watched the trailers up to 50 & Asule takes the lead in a battle (I've lost track of who's battling who & why). 

Truthfully, I'm terribly disappointed. I so looked forward to this drama. I so loved it at the beginning, as in Tribes & Empires. I so wanted to see a satisfying coherent ending. I'm not dumb but I feel like I've become very dumb now (dumb as in IQ). 

Altho I am so confused with what is happening in the drama now and asking what is the logic of all of it, I dont think I can drop it. I am so invested in this drams right now, enough to resurrect this account. I cannot let Asule go and I need to know what will happen to him. 

This feels like Tribes and Empires again, it really has a good start but towards the end it just a big whole mess! 

6 minutes ago, firipy said:

She is also alive??? wat? goodness, damn weird this show

Im not sure, maybe it was Suma with her hair style. I just watched nonchallantly and I thought I saw her. When I saw Suma alive they can let her live too... no one has permanent death in this show it seems 

1 hour ago, jeenee said:

Im not sure, maybe it was Suma with her hair style. I just watched nonchallantly and I thought I saw her. When I saw Suma alive they can let her live too... no one has permanent death in this show it seems 

plus she can speak n is the eldest prince lover or something......gosh

Archived