[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录

sugarplum892

23 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Ah so they would air at different times?

According to rumored schedule, Over the Sea will air at 7:30 from 6.13 every day, and temporarily rebroadcasted at 10:00 from 6.13 Monday to Thursday, until furthur notice.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, skibbies said:

I actually kind of feel bad for My Robot Boyfriend, why announce it and try to market it if you are trying to get Novoland to air. This is real wild.

Actually there isn't much announcement or marketing for MRB, just a short promo the day before. Most are rumours and insiders' speculation, not confirmed by the TV station. Chinese TV schedules are volatile enough, these days even more so.

4 hours ago, sonicwave said:

Actually there isn't much announcement or marketing for MRB, just a short promo the day before. Most are rumours and insiders' speculation, not confirmed by the TV station. Chinese TV schedules are volatile enough, these days even more so.

It had TV promo and it was on TV schedule, that's usually confirmation.

There's still a chance:

Here’s the current situation: ZJTV decided not to air My Robot Boyfriend after all in the last minute and is keeping the 10pm slot drama-less for now. They didn’t explain why, but yes, speculation is because they’re still desperately trying to get NEF approved.

Currently, and possibly for the rest of June, they are showing Keep Running reruns (they were going to show reruns of another drama but had to nix that).

So yes, the hope is technically still alive, but still quite small. There are a couple reasons why ZJTV is being really persistent about this:

1) They made a LOT of commercial money on NEF. This is probably the biggest reason according to the ZJTV tieba - the company itself is currently split in terms of opinion on what to do, and it’s largely the advertisement dept that wants them to hold out a little longer. If/when they give up, they’ll have to return the funds they’ve already received.

2) NEF is a big time production and would ideally garner a lot of buzz, especially since it was supposed to be in the coveted summer slot. It was supposed to be one of ZJTV’s headliner dramas for the year. So the thought process is probably: since we don’t have anything ideal to replace it with, why not give it our 100% to make one final push for it to air this summer?

3) They really only have until the end of June - which is when NEF’s broadcasting (for TV) license expires (they’re usually good for 30 days). So since there’s a deadline anyways, they might as well just try.

So what happens after June? NEF will have to resubmitted to NRTA and It’ll officially be PRC anniversary season anyways so it might be end of the year/early next year before rumors pop up again. I will add - NRTA officially announced a couple days ago that they’ve let the TV stations know to start prioritizing dramas dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the PRC, which is earlier than expected, so hope gets even a little more slimmer.

But yes, until the end of June, there’s still hope.

https://curiouscat.me/eagleflag_intl/post/901259105

• 5 weeks later...

I think this really may be airing on Monday/Tuesday because I see the promo clips back on the youtube channel that's officially uploading the drama. And all of the trailers and clips promoting the show are available to watch again on Zhejiang TV's youtube channel, which were previously hidden/deleted, I believe. Let's hope it really happens. 

Edit: Everyone is saying it's Monday on weibo, if there aren't anymore surprises or accidents. And the youtube channel I mentioned above, apparently they uploaded 11 new clips, I have no idea how true that is because I read it on douban, and I can't verify because I never watched the clips before. :sweatingbullets: But all of this looks promising though. 

Le sigh, now people are saying it's airing tomorrow. Lol, so much uncertainty going around.

However, the official mobile game that's supposed to launch when the show airs also put out a notice just over the weekend hinting that the show and the game are coming soon so...

:tears:

On 7/13/2019 at 5:11 PM, MidnightRain said:

I think this really may be airing on Monday/Tuesday because I see the promo clips back on the youtube channel that's officially uploading the drama. And all of the trailers and clips promoting the show are available to watch again on Zhejiang TV's youtube channel, which were previously hidden/deleted, I believe. Let's hope it really happens. 

Edit: Everyone is saying it's Monday on weibo, if there aren't anymore surprises or accidents. And the youtube channel I mentioned above, apparently they uploaded 11 new clips, I have no idea how true that is because I read it on douban, and I can't verify because I never watched the clips before. :sweatingbullets: But all of this looks promising though. 

11 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Le sigh, now people are saying it's airing tomorrow. Lol, so much uncertainty going around.

However, the official mobile game that's supposed to launch when the show airs also put out a notice just over the weekend hinting that the show and the game are coming soon so...

:tears:

Thank you very much for the update! 

*sigh*<_< All this uncertainty but at least it seems like something positive is coming and the dram will air soon.  Not that we can take anything for granted until we are watching the opening credits roll :lol:

48 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you very much for the update! 

*sigh*<_< All this uncertainty but at least it seems like something positive is coming and the dram will air soon.  Not that we can take anything for granted until we are watching the opening credits roll :lol:

No problem! :)

Hopefully it does air soon, this time around a lot of reputable sources on weibo are saying it's tomorrow. But then again, this show and The Investiture of the Gods from last month have taught me that nothing is ever certain in drama land. Lol I'm such a Debbie Downer. :sweatingbullets:

38 minutes ago, angelangie said:

im not seeing anything on this....even though it does circulate around that it was suppose to air today....however Baidu and Weibo seems to be quiet about this airing currently.

I read about the news of the mobile game and the weibo accounts on douban here. This person is a fan that does daily updates on the rumors etc that they find from weibo and the net on the fate of the show. 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Novoland: Eagle Flag 九州缥缈录
24 minutes ago, skibbies said:

8 ep out on Tencent VIP, I only watched like half episode though. All these dramas airing one after another ahh.

Hooray!  Now just to hope we get subs somewhow!

I read there will be 56 episodes so they have cut a lot from the previously announced 68.  I hope it doesn't impact the drama too much.

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Is there any link to watch? raw no problem, i will watch anything for it! While being super patiently waiting for the proper eng sub available.

Same!  According to the excellent fan Twitter account it will be streaming on Youtube from Friday 19th July :)

Archived