[Drama 2019] Different Dreams, 이몽

Go Seung Ji

Could you hear me scream when I watched the preview for the next episode because I did XD. Why do I have to wait one week *screaming*.

No but one character nursing another character back to health is one of my favorite trope :3

Spoiler

that plus a kiss ahhhhh kill me already I'm so weak for this gdhsgdhjqhdlsq !!!!!

Ahem besides that, the scenes between Miki and her "dad", that was chilling. I'm glad this monster is dead and Miki is free of him. But I wonder what's in store for her next.

Her and Fukuda are really interesting characters and I'm glad because there are many dramas with useless secondary characters (useless in the sense that the writers don't know what to do with them).

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Ouch so many plotholes in the spy's side. They are so transparent and Bluebird is supposed to be the best. They should stay away from the medical plot.... anyhow the suspense is no longer suspenseful. Miki is even a better spy than the spies. And Noda is a perverted fiend who used a girl to make him look good by saying he is his adopted daughter but uses Miki as his plaything. I can't even...., uughhhh. Now, Miki is more interesting and smarter. Goodluck to the spies. Hope the writer gives them a better and more intelligent story line. 

Yeah i’m quite surprise, i hope she won’t becoming bad. She’s quite terrifying when she’s watching Noda died slowly.

I also agree with the spy’s schemes, they gave a lot of trails to be easily found by Japanese. 

and i still don’t understand the purpose of KWB’s blowing the governor building without even killing the main guys, i mean all the big bosses got away without any scratch

12 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I don't understand why KWB must explode that place by all mean? when the time-bomb didn't work, he could escape from that place. Sure, when they discover the un-exploding bomb, they will be more careful, which makes it more difficult for Heroic's next plans; but I think what's more important is to be alive to set up another plan, isn't it? 

And when he came back to make the bomb explode by himself (like suicide bomber), did he think he would be injured but still survive, and polices would integrate him and find out he's Heroic's leader? at least, Fukuda wouldn't let him go easily.

Perhaps he wants to inspire the people since he has been dropping his revolutionization declaration letters in the city.  Whether it’s a success or failure, it could send a message saying Heroic Corps could do anything possible, like infiltrating and blowing up The Governor Office.  Although WB’s action is hasty, it is consistent to his character.  Even Dul Wol Seong noticed of his temper nature.  It also confirmed to what I’ve concerned about WB before, that is his reckless action could put YJ in a harmful place.  Now she’s in a very difficult situation to dealing with.  My theory is she gonna fake WB’s death.  Let see how they could actually get out of this stressful incident next week.

As for the backup plans, Jung Im said there are countermeasures.  She just didn’t reveal to the group what.

12 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I also think LYJ's plans for Noda's assassination and the pass are not good. Now, everyone including Hiroshi and Fukuda suspects her. Also, Miki is a tricky and risky chess in the table. She knew abt LYJ, KWB and the tailor shop. If Fukuda  _ her crush, talks to her again without LYJ's presence, no guarantee that she will keep her mouth shut. Well... it's like Heroic and LYJ put them in the corner by themselves. LYJ showed so much emotions when it came to KWB, which is not good because it can blow up her cover. Many eyes are watching her now (Hiroshi, Fukuda, chief of surgeon at hospital,...)

I don’t see there’s beneficial for Miki to tell Fukuda.  In contrary, she would be charged for her intention to have Noda killed as well when she knew something was wrong in the ice.  So why stirring up the case again when she is freed from all suspicions already. 

1 hour ago, QSD said:

As for the backup plans, Jung Im said there are countermeasures.  She just didn’t reveal to the group what.

I don’t see there’s beneficial for Miki to tell Fukuda.  In contrary, she would be charged for her intention to have Noda killed as well when she knew something was wrong in the ice.  So why stirring up the case again when she is freed from all suspicions already. 

I don't know what she has in store, but without KWB, they're panic as hell in last ep and next ep. LYJ is their only only savior. According to KWB, their back-up plan in case he dies is all the members flee to Shanghai with the Chinese gang (I forget the gang's name).

Because I have read/watched too many spy movies/series/books, I tend to overthink when it comes to the story plot, sorry... :lol: What I over-think here is in Miki's case, she must be scared. Why? because she knows what LYJ, KWB and Heroic are capable of. They plotted to kill Noda in front of her eyes. Noda is a scary person, he has many enemies but no one, even the Japanese, dared touch him. Miki herself could only "kill" him in her thoughts, but LYJ and KWB poisoned him in front of her bare eyes. If I were her, I would fear for my life, because I were the only one witnessing everything, LYJ and KWB can cut my neck whenever they want. KWB indeed had the intention to shut Miki's mouth when he asked LYJ if it's ok to let Miki be free. Miki is smart, she knew LYJ and KWB wouldn't let her live easily, so she played vulnerable and showed that she's on the same team with LYJ in term of wanting Noda's death, and cooperate with LYJ to fool Fukuda. But still, no guarantee that she's safe 100% after that. Now, Fukuda suspects LYJ, so he will check with the only witness at the scene. Knowing Miki likes him, he would use that. I think Miki won't tell him directly but give hint here and there. In return, Fukuda can protect her.

I love the stories which have many layers, plan B-C-D...-Z, haha. :) 

10 hours ago, loversbridge said:

Her and Fukuda are really interesting characters and I'm glad because there are many dramas with useless secondary characters (useless in the sense that the writers don't know what to do with them).

I agree... despite the holes here and there in the plots, I enjoy that all sides in DD (good or bad, weak or strong) are fairly equal in the war, every one has some hidden cards. No one is at upper hand or lower hand so far. NICE ! 

3 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I don't know what she has in store, but without KWB, they're panic as hell in last ep and next ep. LYJ is their only only savior. According to KWB, their back-up plan in case he dies is all the members flee to Shanghai with the Chinese gang (I forget the gang's name).

Because I have read/watched too many spy movies/series/books, I tend to overthink when it comes to the story plot, sorry... :lol: What I over-think here is in Miki's case, she must be scared. Why? because she knows what LYJ, KWB and Heroic are capable of. They plotted to kill Noda in front of her eyes. Noda is a scary person, he has many enemies but no one, even the Japanese, dared touch him. Miki herself could only "kill" him in her thoughts, but LYJ and KWB poisoned him in front of her bare eyes. If I were her, I would fear for my life, because I were the only one witnessing everything, LYJ and KWB can cut my neck whenever they want. KWB indeed had the intention to shut Miki's mouth when he asked LYJ if it's ok to let Miki be free. Miki is smart, she knew LYJ and KWB wouldn't let her live easily, so she played vulnerable and showed that she's on the same team with LYJ in term of wanting Noda's death, and cooperate with LYJ to fool Fukuda. But still, no guarantee that she's safe 100% after that. Now, Fukuda suspects LYJ, so he will check with the only witness at the scene. Knowing Miki likes him, he would use that. I think Miki won't tell him directly but give hint here and there. In return, Fukuda can protect her.

I love the stories which have many layers, plan B-C-D...-Z, haha. :) 

I agree... despite the holes here and there in the plots, I enjoy that all sides in DD (good or bad, weak or strong) are fairly equal in the war, every one has some hidden cards. No one is at upper hand or lower hand so far. NICE ! 

I didn’t think that is the actual plan since the scene comes after the fact Jung Im told the group there’re countermeasures.  If it’s the case, then how did she know about the plan already when WB hasn’t revealed to her yet?  So it’s either there’s another arrangement in the flashback scene or they’ve messed up editing the scenes in sequential order if fleeing to Shanghai is the case.

You probably are over overthinking again.  WB didn’t ask about if freeing Miki is OK.  He was inquiring what happened to her and regarding the case of Noda if there is a problem.  YJ then explains death from acute myocardial infarction is the best scenario for Miki.

17 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I also think LYJ's plans for Noda's assassination and the pass are not good. Now, everyone including Hiroshi and Fukuda suspects her. Also, Miki is a tricky and risky chess in the table. She knew abt LYJ, KWB and the tailor shop. If Fukuda  _ her crush, talks to her again without LYJ's presence, no guarantee that she will keep her mouth shut. Well... it's like Heroic and LYJ put them in the corner by themselves. LYJ showed so much emotions when it came to KWB, which is not good because it can blow up her cover. Many eyes are watching her now (Hiroshi, Fukuda, chief of surgeon at hospital,...)

You're right, Miki is smarter than she appears to be, and she's superb at playing vulnerable. Who would suspect a vulnerable, delicate and harmless girl? Fukuda gets smarter and sharper by day, while LYJ and Heroic are too rushing and reckless. :wacko:

I have the impression that everyone here underestimates LYJ:glasses:
In any case it's not the first time that all eyes are turned on her, I do not worry about her; she is bluebird and well prepared and very smart. I'm sure she's suspicious of miki
Speaking of miki, she is excellent lol:joy:
Otherwise for fukada, with the ambition and the intelligence that he has, it would surprise me a lot that it does not suspect LYJ for a long time
As the drama unfolds, I suppose we'll see other traits of characters,
  for KWB, I do not think he will die now

FOR THE SHIP FUADA AND LYJ, i'm here until the last episode, i know, it's bad, maybe fukada fukada will sleep with miki and use her even more without loving her

4 hours ago, QSD said:

You probably are over overthinking again.  WB didn’t ask about if freeing Miki is OK.  He was inquiring what happened to her and regarding the case of Noda if there is a problem.  YJ then explains death from acute myocardial infarction is the best scenario for Miki.

Haha, sorry, I tend to read too much into the situation. In other spy/crime series/books I have watched/read, ppl always clear every trace which potentially reveals their identities or actions. For example, when Hiroshi poisoned the ex-director, I wondered why the heck he didn't ask his ppl to collect the bottle after the drink? if he had done that simple act, it would have left nothing for Matssura to investigate. Or in Noda's death, we don't need a professional investigator with great instinct to suspect LYJ because she was at the drink with Noda the night before his death, she was the very first person who was informed abt his situation in the morning, and she was the one who did the blood test and reported the cause of his death. If there are 2-3 coincidences, they are no longer coincidence. In modern crime series, polices must immediately gather all the ppl who joined the last drink with Noda (KWB, LYJ, Miki, waiter, club owner) and isolate them from the crime scene and dead body, so they can't intervene the blood testing or whatever. They will test what they drank (wine, icy...) and the bottle, glasses,... or even water sources of the club to find if any poison left. It's historic drama, so we can tolerate that. But we can't ignore the fact LYJ is the obvious suspect here along with Miki. 

Ok, here is my over-thinking again, please bear with me :sweatingbullets: I hope that the blood tube LYJ gave the Japanese Governor is real blood of Noda from his previous blood tests at the hospital, not random blood tube of someone else, which LYJ took only to prove her report. Because the Japanese guy kept that tube, and if he doubts abt LYJ's report, he can ask his ppl to check if it's really Noda's blood. If it's not, we can only pray for LYJ because even Hiroshi can't save her.

Lastly, here is what KWB asked LYJ abt Miki "The woman named Miki. What happened to her?" "Don't you think there will be a problem?". And LYJ replied "I looked into it. If there's anything suspicious about Count Noda's death, she won't be able to inherit his fortune. Death from acute myocardial infarction is the best scenario for her." 

I think KWB didn't really care abt Miki's well-being, he worried abt Miki's statement which may who were behind the plot. So, he has doubts abt Miki.

Ok... I should stop my over-thinking, haha. This is why I can't be a script-writer. :D

I love this genre and especially Kim WB's character. I binged watch this last night and completed from ep 1 to 18 within a day. 

KWB is full of passion and he should not die too early and he wont. So many plots and I am looking forward the next episodes. 

I love the soundtrack too, keep listening to it. 

Friends, thanks for posting here. I will be lurking here for the time being. 

6 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Haha, sorry, I tend to read too much into the situation. In other spy/crime series/books I have watched/read, ppl always clear every trace which potentially reveals their identities or actions. For example, when Hiroshi poisoned the ex-director, I wondered why the heck he didn't ask his ppl to collect the bottle after the drink? if he had done that simple act, it would have left nothing for Matssura to investigate. Or in Noda's death, we don't need a professional investigator with great instinct to suspect LYJ because she was at the drink with Noda the night before his death, she was the very first person who was informed abt his situation in the morning, and she was the one who did the blood test and reported the cause of his death. If there are 2-3 coincidences, they are no longer coincidence. In modern crime series, polices must immediately gather all the ppl who joined the last drink with Noda (KWB, LYJ, Miki, waiter, club owner) and isolate them from the crime scene and dead body, so they can't intervene the blood testing or whatever. They will test what they drank (wine, icy...) and the bottle, glasses,... or even water sources of the club to find if any poison left. It's historic drama, so we can tolerate that. But we can't ignore the fact LYJ is the obvious suspect here along with Miki. 

Ok, here is my over-thinking again, please bear with me :sweatingbullets: I hope that the blood tube LYJ gave the Japanese Governor is real blood of Noda from his previous blood tests at the hospital, not random blood tube of someone else, which LYJ took only to prove her report. Because the Japanese guy kept that tube, and if he doubts abt LYJ's report, he can ask his ppl to check if it's really Noda's blood. If it's not, we can only pray for LYJ because even Hiroshi can't save her.

Lastly, here is what KWB asked LYJ abt Miki "The woman named Miki. What happened to her?" "Don't you think there will be a problem?". And LYJ replied "I looked into it. If there's anything suspicious about Count Noda's death, she won't be able to inherit his fortune. Death from acute myocardial infarction is the best scenario for her." 

I think KWB didn't really care abt Miki's well-being, he worried abt Miki's statement which may who were behind the plot. So, he has doubts abt Miki.

Ok... I should stop my over-thinking, haha. This is why I can't be a script-writer. :D

Haha, I feel that the plot is a little too simplistic in its details and the writer did not do a good job with the assassination schemes. It is kind of frustrating to watch at times when characters like Fukuda are so blinded by their feelings and turn a blind eye to simple protocols that could have easily established facts. I feel that the production could have been of higher value by making assassination plots gripping with better camera Angles, addition of soundtrack to foreshadow their movement and make us jump at the scene.. 

Currently I feel that the assassination plots are mostly predictable and anti-climatic with the rare inclusion of a crafty and smart character like Miki. I'll still give Different Dreams a chance as the rest of the plot line should be interesting enough to watch for their reactions when their trust of their loved ones is breached and how KWB LYJ revolutionises South Korea.

Casting: Other than the plots I have some doubts about the cast. I am not sure if this comment is relevant or im too picky but aside from the 4 leading characters, I have never seen the supporting cast in any prominent or mainstream k dramas. I dont recognise any of KWB's Heroic Corps sidekicks and their characters make me confused as to where they are heading. I'm not sure if the reason is bad acting or because of a poor scenario written. Or it might be my unfamiliarity with the cast and their acting quirks.

Aside from that, kudos to Im Ju Hwan, I find that he has put up one of the best performances by far with the detailed acting 

Does anyone feel that the plot is slow and could be sped up a notch???

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I avoided this thread like plague since one week because i'm convinced that Kim Bon Wong is going to die and i can't considering the thought without tears, let alone write about it :tears:

No other drama has done that before: killing his main lead in the middle of the story but i can't see how he could survive what we saw in the preview. It's really him who lost the blood not a susbtitute patient.    

I keep trying to imagine others scenarios: he survives but in such condition that he can't fight anymore. Or he fled away with Park Ha Na's character to Shanghai where he fights along with Cheonbang against the japanese army and the Black Dragon Society but i have a hard time to believe it. 

In both cases, Jin Young and Kim Bon Wong will be separated for a very long time as the new poster for the last OST seems to confirm it. But the pic is new to me: does it mean that he survive?:o:tears:  

Of course he is, and you will definitely be jumping for joy too when you watch it!

Archived