Quantcast
Jump to content
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

 

  Hide contents

I wanted to use the webnovel because It seems I will be able to read it offline. Was just wondering if buying the spirit stones worth it. IF the translation is superb, I am game.....  

 

I read it on webnovel and bought spirit stones.So far, I enjoyed it.The translation is overall goood.Occasionally there are some parts  that you wonder of something is missing.

However, on my opinion it is worth it.

  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

When Ning Que woke up, he didn't see Sangsang. So he walked to the courtyard and shouted, but there was no response from Sangsang. He stretched himself and glanced at the kitchen. There was no trace of Sangsang at all. He shook his head, then found the bowl of hot and sour sliced noodle soup on the table at the front of the shop.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet, how can I have breakfast now?"

He thought to himself at the sight of the hot and sour sliced noodle soup, his eyebrows knotted. During the past few years, Sangsang would hand him a bowl of clean water and the dental set when he got up every day. He had gotten used to this over a long time, so he felt unaccustomed to it when Sangsang didn't come out.

"Even if you were in such a hurry to buy the first and most delicious bowl of soup, you should first serve me as I wash my face and brush my teeth. Wait, the soup has been bought. Where the hell did you go?"

Eating the hot and spicy shredded noodles beside the table, Ning Que spent some time wondering where Sangsang could have gone. Finally, he guessed that she might have gone to the vegetable market at the south gate to buy the cheap and fresh vegetables sold there, driven by her parsimony.

"It's only a few coins cheaper. Is it necessary for you to get up so early and walk such a long distance?"

After eating, Ning Que went to the backyard with the bowl while laughing at her in his heart. He randomly put the bowl down on the hearth and felt somewhat sleepy, so he went back to sleep again.

When the sun had climbed higher in the sky, he woke up again and rubbed his eyes, then went outside without wearing his shoes. There was still no trace of Sangsang, so he shouted in great anger,"Bring me hot water! How can I go out today?"

Nobody responded. Every corner of the Old Brush Pen Shop was in silence.

Ning Que stiffened and walked into the kitchen. He found the bowl was still on the hearth, and there was neither firewood nor fire in the hearth. Of course there could be no hot water.

He walked to the wall of the courtyard and sighed at the tidy firewood pile, then picked up a small bundle of firewood and returned to the kitchen to make a fire.

It was not difficult for him to make a fire and heat up some water, although he hadn't done such trifles for many years. After all, it was he who had to manage their lives in the earlier years. The water in the pot was soon boiling.

Looking at the hot steam, Ning Que felt that something was wrong.

After the water was heated, he washed his face and even washed the dirty bowl.

Normally it would be time for him to go to the Academy or to idle in Chang'an. But today, he went nowhere other than the front of the shop. He sat on his armchair and looked at the displays that were polished till they shone, as well as the clean floor devoid of dirt. He felt absent-minded.

After a long period of silence, he felt stiff to some extent. Occasionally, someone would pass by the shop, and he would raise his head at the sight of their shadows. But in the end, nobody pushed the door open to walk in.

Nobody pushed open the door to come back.

Ning Que had been waiting in silence until noon, after which he stood up, opened the door and walked out.

He bought a roasted duck in the Bianyi Shop in the Eastern City and some green vegetables in the market, then returned to the Old Brush Pen Shop.

Sangsang still hadn't come back. After a moment of silence, Ning Que entered the kitchen and fried two dishes of vegetables and a bowl of steamed rice. Then he peeled the duck and arranged the pieces beautifully on the plate. Finally, he put the dishes on the table at the front of the shop.

Two pairs of chopsticks, two bowls of white rice, and a rich spread of dishes.

Ning Que was satisfied with the dishes on the table. He put his hand on his knees and waited.

However, nobody came back even after a long time.

There were still two pairs of chopsticks, but only one person. What was worse, the rice and the side dishes had become cold.

After staring at the food for a long time, Ning Que picked up his chopsticks and began to eat.

But somehow his hands were trembling. He tried for a long time, yet failed to pinch even a piece of the vegetable.

He wanted to pick up and throw away the chopsticks, yet he refrained himself from doing so. Then he gently placed them on the table.

Suddenly he stood up and went to his bedroom. He rudely turned over the bed board and took out the box, then threw all the contents of the box onto the bed.

Looking at those drifting notes, he was finally convinced that she had left by herself.

Ning Que folded those notes and put them into his pocket emotionlessly. From the storage box in the corner, he took out the Primordial Thirteen Arrows that had been repaired the day before and put them into his bag, then inserted all the Fu paper into his sleeves. He took the chopper from beside the pile of firewood and put it on his waist, and finally, he hung the big black umbrella on his back and walked out of the Old Brush Pen Shop.

He knew Sangsang would be safe, but he was clear that what he would now confront would be the harshest moment of his life, so he brought with him all his most important objects. It seemed that only in this way could he feel comfortable again, and he assured himself that he would definitely bring back the most important person in his life.

If he couldn't bring her back, then it wasn't necessary for him to come back either.

...

...

Spoiler Chingu. NQ desperation when Sang sang left. There's more I'm gonna paste after this.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kkrystal said:

Through the whole book and drama the only thing I'm curious about is Ning Que.

 

I'm really curious as to who Ning Que really is? Where was his origin? He isn't from this world but where.....

He is connected to SangSang but how?  Even until the end of the novel it wasn't really explained clearly.

 

 

Spoiler

I know right?  Did you ever suspect he was time traveled to this world?  Because the novel mentioned many times about him surviving 2 lives.  Was he from the modern day?  He sometime compared things like Paris Eiffel Tower, chocolate and English.  

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, thartie said:
  Hide contents

When Ning Que woke up, he didn't see Sangsang. So he walked to the courtyard and shouted, but there was no response from Sangsang. He stretched himself and glanced at the kitchen. There was no trace of Sangsang at all. He shook his head, then found the bowl of hot and sour sliced noodle soup on the table at the front of the shop.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet, how can I have breakfast now?"

He thought to himself at the sight of the hot and sour sliced noodle soup, his eyebrows knotted. During the past few years, Sangsang would hand him a bowl of clean water and the dental set when he got up every day. He had gotten used to this over a long time, so he felt unaccustomed to it when Sangsang didn't come out.

"Even if you were in such a hurry to buy the first and most delicious bowl of soup, you should first serve me as I wash my face and brush my teeth. Wait, the soup has been bought. Where the hell did you go?"

Eating the hot and spicy shredded noodles beside the table, Ning Que spent some time wondering where Sangsang could have gone. Finally, he guessed that she might have gone to the vegetable market at the south gate to buy the cheap and fresh vegetables sold there, driven by her parsimony.

"It's only a few coins cheaper. Is it necessary for you to get up so early and walk such a long distance?"

After eating, Ning Que went to the backyard with the bowl while laughing at her in his heart. He randomly put the bowl down on the hearth and felt somewhat sleepy, so he went back to sleep again.

When the sun had climbed higher in the sky, he woke up again and rubbed his eyes, then went outside without wearing his shoes. There was still no trace of Sangsang, so he shouted in great anger,"Bring me hot water! How can I go out today?"

Nobody responded. Every corner of the Old Brush Pen Shop was in silence.

Ning Que stiffened and walked into the kitchen. He found the bowl was still on the hearth, and there was neither firewood nor fire in the hearth. Of course there could be no hot water.

He walked to the wall of the courtyard and sighed at the tidy firewood pile, then picked up a small bundle of firewood and returned to the kitchen to make a fire.

It was not difficult for him to make a fire and heat up some water, although he hadn't done such trifles for many years. After all, it was he who had to manage their lives in the earlier years. The water in the pot was soon boiling.

Looking at the hot steam, Ning Que felt that something was wrong.

After the water was heated, he washed his face and even washed the dirty bowl.

Normally it would be time for him to go to the Academy or to idle in Chang'an. But today, he went nowhere other than the front of the shop. He sat on his armchair and looked at the displays that were polished till they shone, as well as the clean floor devoid of dirt. He felt absent-minded.

After a long period of silence, he felt stiff to some extent. Occasionally, someone would pass by the shop, and he would raise his head at the sight of their shadows. But in the end, nobody pushed the door open to walk in.

Nobody pushed open the door to come back.

Ning Que had been waiting in silence until noon, after which he stood up, opened the door and walked out.

He bought a roasted duck in the Bianyi Shop in the Eastern City and some green vegetables in the market, then returned to the Old Brush Pen Shop.

Sangsang still hadn't come back. After a moment of silence, Ning Que entered the kitchen and fried two dishes of vegetables and a bowl of steamed rice. Then he peeled the duck and arranged the pieces beautifully on the plate. Finally, he put the dishes on the table at the front of the shop.

Two pairs of chopsticks, two bowls of white rice, and a rich spread of dishes.

Ning Que was satisfied with the dishes on the table. He put his hand on his knees and waited.

However, nobody came back even after a long time.

There were still two pairs of chopsticks, but only one person. What was worse, the rice and the side dishes had become cold.

After staring at the food for a long time, Ning Que picked up his chopsticks and began to eat.

But somehow his hands were trembling. He tried for a long time, yet failed to pinch even a piece of the vegetable.

He wanted to pick up and throw away the chopsticks, yet he refrained himself from doing so. Then he gently placed them on the table.

Suddenly he stood up and went to his bedroom. He rudely turned over the bed board and took out the box, then threw all the contents of the box onto the bed.

Looking at those drifting notes, he was finally convinced that she had left by herself.

Ning Que folded those notes and put them into his pocket emotionlessly. From the storage box in the corner, he took out the Primordial Thirteen Arrows that had been repaired the day before and put them into his bag, then inserted all the Fu paper into his sleeves. He took the chopper from beside the pile of firewood and put it on his waist, and finally, he hung the big black umbrella on his back and walked out of the Old Brush Pen Shop.

He knew Sangsang would be safe, but he was clear that what he would now confront would be the harshest moment of his life, so he brought with him all his most important objects. It seemed that only in this way could he feel comfortable again, and he assured himself that he would definitely bring back the most important person in his life.

If he couldn't bring her back, then it wasn't necessary for him to come back either.

...

...

Spoiler Chingu. NQ desperation when Sang sang left. There's more I'm gonna paste after this.

Which chapter is this?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, thartie said:
  Hide contents

When Ning Que woke up, he didn't see Sangsang. So he walked to the courtyard and shouted, but there was no response from Sangsang. He stretched himself and glanced at the kitchen. There was no trace of Sangsang at all. He shook his head, then found the bowl of hot and sour sliced noodle soup on the table at the front of the shop.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet, how can I have breakfast now?"

He thought to himself at the sight of the hot and sour sliced noodle soup, his eyebrows knotted. During the past few years, Sangsang would hand him a bowl of clean water and the dental set when he got up every day. He had gotten used to this over a long time, so he felt unaccustomed to it when Sangsang didn't come out.

"Even if you were in such a hurry to buy the first and most delicious bowl of soup, you should first serve me as I wash my face and brush my teeth. Wait, the soup has been bought. Where the hell did you go?"

Eating the hot and spicy shredded noodles beside the table, Ning Que spent some time wondering where Sangsang could have gone. Finally, he guessed that she might have gone to the vegetable market at the south gate to buy the cheap and fresh vegetables sold there, driven by her parsimony.

"It's only a few coins cheaper. Is it necessary for you to get up so early and walk such a long distance?"

After eating, Ning Que went to the backyard with the bowl while laughing at her in his heart. He randomly put the bowl down on the hearth and felt somewhat sleepy, so he went back to sleep again.

When the sun had climbed higher in the sky, he woke up again and rubbed his eyes, then went outside without wearing his shoes. There was still no trace of Sangsang, so he shouted in great anger,"Bring me hot water! How can I go out today?"

Nobody responded. Every corner of the Old Brush Pen Shop was in silence.

Ning Que stiffened and walked into the kitchen. He found the bowl was still on the hearth, and there was neither firewood nor fire in the hearth. Of course there could be no hot water.

He walked to the wall of the courtyard and sighed at the tidy firewood pile, then picked up a small bundle of firewood and returned to the kitchen to make a fire.

It was not difficult for him to make a fire and heat up some water, although he hadn't done such trifles for many years. After all, it was he who had to manage their lives in the earlier years. The water in the pot was soon boiling.

Looking at the hot steam, Ning Que felt that something was wrong.

After the water was heated, he washed his face and even washed the dirty bowl.

Normally it would be time for him to go to the Academy or to idle in Chang'an. But today, he went nowhere other than the front of the shop. He sat on his armchair and looked at the displays that were polished till they shone, as well as the clean floor devoid of dirt. He felt absent-minded.

After a long period of silence, he felt stiff to some extent. Occasionally, someone would pass by the shop, and he would raise his head at the sight of their shadows. But in the end, nobody pushed the door open to walk in.

Nobody pushed open the door to come back.

Ning Que had been waiting in silence until noon, after which he stood up, opened the door and walked out.

He bought a roasted duck in the Bianyi Shop in the Eastern City and some green vegetables in the market, then returned to the Old Brush Pen Shop.

Sangsang still hadn't come back. After a moment of silence, Ning Que entered the kitchen and fried two dishes of vegetables and a bowl of steamed rice. Then he peeled the duck and arranged the pieces beautifully on the plate. Finally, he put the dishes on the table at the front of the shop.

Two pairs of chopsticks, two bowls of white rice, and a rich spread of dishes.

Ning Que was satisfied with the dishes on the table. He put his hand on his knees and waited.

However, nobody came back even after a long time.

There were still two pairs of chopsticks, but only one person. What was worse, the rice and the side dishes had become cold.

After staring at the food for a long time, Ning Que picked up his chopsticks and began to eat.

But somehow his hands were trembling. He tried for a long time, yet failed to pinch even a piece of the vegetable.

He wanted to pick up and throw away the chopsticks, yet he refrained himself from doing so. Then he gently placed them on the table.

Suddenly he stood up and went to his bedroom. He rudely turned over the bed board and took out the box, then threw all the contents of the box onto the bed.

Looking at those drifting notes, he was finally convinced that she had left by herself.

Ning Que folded those notes and put them into his pocket emotionlessly. From the storage box in the corner, he took out the Primordial Thirteen Arrows that had been repaired the day before and put them into his bag, then inserted all the Fu paper into his sleeves. He took the chopper from beside the pile of firewood and put it on his waist, and finally, he hung the big black umbrella on his back and walked out of the Old Brush Pen Shop.

He knew Sangsang would be safe, but he was clear that what he would now confront would be the harshest moment of his life, so he brought with him all his most important objects. It seemed that only in this way could he feel comfortable again, and he assured himself that he would definitely bring back the most important person in his life.

If he couldn't bring her back, then it wasn't necessary for him to come back either.

...

...

Spoiler Chingu. NQ desperation when Sang sang left. There's more I'm gonna paste after this.

This is one of my fave parts :heart: I hope the drama shows this well

 

@miyu2, it's from chapter 357 - A Pitiful Kid

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, miyu2 said:

Which chapter is this?

357 and 358 i tink is the highlight of Sang sang and NQ. OMG! I read it i think 10x! hahaha

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

This is one of my fave parts :heart: I hope the drama shows this well

@rhaps and the chapter net to that! Hahaha. He wanted to close all the gates in the city and issue warrant of arrest against her so she can't leave Chang'an! he was furious and wanted to kill anybody.

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna post the whole next 2 chapters for everybody to read. hahaha. Just give me a go signal if ya'll want it. I'm telling you, it's the best chapters in the book.

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thartie said:

357 and 358 i tink is the highlight of Sang sang and NQ. OMG! I read it i think 10x! hahaha

@rhaps and the chapter net to that! Hahaha. He wanted to close all the gates in the city and issue warrant of arrest against her so she can't leave Chang'an! he was furious and wanted to kill anybody.

 

*LOL*

Beware of spoilers though, for those who directly jump to those chapters. There is a story about SS that hasnt been mentioned in the drama yet

 

And  after all that happens, NQ is still :

 


hasnt fully understand his feelings ..until he quarrels with SS
 

 

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

 

*LOL*

Beware of spoilers though, for those who are jumping right to those chapters. There is a story about SS that hasnt been mentioned in the drama

 

And  after all that happens, NQ is still :

  Reveal hidden contents


hasnt fully understand his feelings ..until he quarrels with SS
 

 

Oppps, I should have hide the chapters and I gave to miyu2. hahaha. too late now. 

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thartie said:

I wanna post the whole next 2 chapters for everybody to read. hahaha. Just give me a go signal if ya'll want it. I'm telling you, it's the best chapters in the book.

 

Which chapter do you want us to read?  I have finally reached chapter 50 of the novel. My goal is to read a whole lot tonight but my job is keeping me so busy.... :bawling:

 

@thartie   Dm me the chapters or the link you are using... LOL LOL 

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

Which chapter do you want us to read?  I have finally reached chapter 50 of the novel. My goal is to read a whole lot tonight but my job is keeping me so busy.... :bawling:

@UnniSarah just go ahead and jump to chapter357-359! hahahha. Ony if you can't wait. I'm almost in chapter 400 now. lol

12 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@thartie   Tomorrow is Wednesdayyy..... 

New Ever Night Episodes   

giphy.gif

Hahahaha. I stopped watching the show and focus on the novel for now. I wanted to wait until the whole episode is going to be out. For now, I'm enjoying the novel. hahha

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Which chapter do you want us to read?  I have finally reached chapter 50 of the novel. My goal is to read a whole lot tonight but my job is keeping me so busy.... :bawling:

 

@thartie   Dm me the chapters or the link you are using... LOL LOL 

hahahha. @rhaps is the one who gave it to me. I'm sharing it to you too for the betterment of our hearts. hahahha

 

Message sent @UnniSarah

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I told you guys , How much I love you guys. You are so helpful . 

I am on a mission to to catch up to everyone in the novel. WISH ME LUCK?  Lol lol lol  I am going to start Now :wub::wub:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kkrystal said:

Through the whole book and drama the only thing I'm curious about is Ning Que.

 

I'm really curious as to who Ning Que really is? Where was his origin? He isn't from this world but where.....

 

This is explained in the novel. This part should come around the time when:

Spoiler

NQ duels with XH. Here we will understand his background and motivations for revenge. And once you read reach that part, you will feel either be horrified, sympathetic, amazed, disgusted or all 4 of that towards NQ. That is when you will know and maybe understand NQ's desperation.

 

This is one of the beauty of this story. The twist is unexpected, at least on my part. NQ is a very, VERY flawed character. Towards everything else he is cynical, arrogant and selfish. His caring for SS since she was a child is probably the only sincere, good thing he has ever done, without any additional motive. At least in his view (I think).

 

Therefore I'm really curious if the production team is going to maintain the ambiguity of NQ's moral character.

 

As for his connection with SS, I cannot say for sure as the novel is still being translated.

 

As for the chapters @thartie shared, kudos to the translators for managing to convey that desperation and NQ unawareness of his already-there affection for SS.

 

The following is the subbed trailer for Ever Night. It has been posted on the first page. But this is a trailer very well done. The clips chosen, the music. It's like a combo mix of LotR/ Titanic. It is probably the best C-drama trailer in recent times. I especially like the parts from minute 1:47 until the end. Sigh... so much feeling in s short trailer...

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't read too fast because webnovel is currently up to 598. Each chapters has a tradition. The tradition to end with a cliff hanger!!!! Even CPR can't save you. 

 

@dzareth 

Spoiler

Do you mean the twist about his "birth parents" being a commoners? About his reason of revenge was simply because XH killed his parents? I'm not surprise at what NQ did. I wouldn't be surprise if the general son did the same to NQ just to survive. Its a near death situation anything is possible. The world is grey....

 

Truth betold, his dad, if I remember correctly is an orphan. His mom vaguely remember who she was. How would we know for sure they are his real parents. They really didn't go into dept about his background. 

 

Actually my question was more about where he came from. We hear from the drama and those that read the novel mention NQ is not from this world. Just like sangsang even though she has birth parents in this world. She is the daughter of hades. So I'm curious about Ning Que. What if he was the son of hades from another world but somehow ended up in this world... He is always ask to make decisions and he is suppose to be the person with "the answer".

 

Will go into more details after the chess game airs...hehehe...

 

 

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, kkrystal said:

Don't read too fast because webnovel is currently up to 598. Each chapters has a tradition. The tradition to end with a cliff hanger!!!! Even CPR can't save you. 

 

 

@kkrystal you got me at CPR. hahahahha. I slowed down a bit too because I know the translation is up to 500+ still. hahahha. Can I pay somebody to translate the whole chapter for me Asap? hahahaha. ANd make sure to put happy ending on it. lol

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Have I told you guys , How much I love you guys. You are so helpful . 

I am on a mission to to catch up to everyone in the novel. WISH ME LUCK?  Lol lol lol  I am going to start Now :wub::wub:

@UnniSarah fighting! hahha. We love you too chingu! :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, right? It was well translated! I will give  my whole heart to the translator of this site. hahahha

Just now, thartie said:

I know, right? It was well translated! I will give  my whole heart to the translator of this site. hahahha

@dzareth 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...