[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Good questions.  I desperately want to know more about the umbrella too.  It seems to be key to Sang Sang's real identity.

I'm not sure if his classmates will do anything much in relation to the plot.  The drama doesn't seem much interested in them now NQ is Mr Thirteenth disciple.

Agreed.  Even though i don't think his acting is the greatest ever or anything but I do think he is doing a very good job given his age and minimal experience and he completely makes you believe he is NQ.  I definitely agree about his physicality, voice and presence which work so well for the character.  He's really managed to make the role his and it would have been nice to see his acting and experience grow along with the character.  I'll be interested to see how his successor interprets the role especially as from what webnovel readers say the story becomes darker and more complex.

I'm happy Song Yi Ren will stay.  She is perfect as Sang Sang and I can't imagine anyone else in the role.  I can't wait until she has more scenes and more material to work with as we find out more and more about SS.

I didnt expect CFY to be so young either. 17 when he played NQ & 18 now. Hes a literal baby. I didnt expect SY to be older than him at all. I was shocked. The Director really cast the perfect pair. SY is definitely the stronger actor in terms of emotion/expression.

SY is really good with her eyes. She cries effortlessly w/ such nuance/subtly, it doesnt feel forced at all. Theres so much energy/personality in SY's portrayal of SS that makes it very enjoyable to watch. Heck, Id watch a whole season of just her character alone. So hopefully the upcoming arc, she gets to shine. 

• Like 5
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm mostly OK with the changes made in ep 47/48. Overall the tone is lighter more comedic but there are some moments that convey similar feelings to the novel.  I think they are holding back on the fe

Happy New Year  Ever Night Fans @epinklyn @Wotad @n3bula @angelangie @lynne22 @raziela @greenwatch08 @mei2018 @dzareth @LeeN  @ningsangcpp @littlemissmiss @toninha @Snow Guardian @Cheng Chao @pangia @

Spoiler translation for ep 46     More spoiler translation for ep 46    

I only watched and finished episode 27 since the website I watch it from is slow Re English subs and lately lots of lag - so I have to wait at least a day or two before watching. The relationship between NQ and the Old Tailsman Master is also very sweet and touching.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, angelangie said:

they probably have it in the VIP section

Hey Chingu How are you doing??

I have a major question from the novel??? It has been bugging me a while now

Spoiler

Doesssss Sang Sang and NQ have their own language.  i know in combat they talk in Code but now I am reading chapter  71, the writer mention no one being able to understand NingSang talking to each other. I am correct or not???  

8 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@UnniSarah the novel clearly 

Reveal hidden contents

States that they can understand and communicate with each other by one look, expression or word - that is how close and how well they understand each other. 

I only said that @stella77 because of this particular scene in the novel. I tend to over think while reading. I do know that NingSang don’t always need words to communicate. :D

Spoiler

WK4Gs5q0xoRslxEYgjfW70W89hMFhjshDsFKkK3n

• LOL 4
Spoiler

About ep 35

I really loves the scene where NQ at last getting introduced as Mr. Thirteen, and how NQ debate with the bad old woman called 姑姑,  he even called her 老太婆, how ruthless and cold blooded is NQ, when he try to get justice from evil people. CFY really did a great job. I keep repeating this scene LOL. Really proud of NQ.

About ep 34

I am quite dissapointed with the 'Horse Gang' fighting scene especially where NQ and Lin Ling fight, it was too simple compared to the novel. And the girl sacrifice her life saving NQ, she hasnt know NQ that much but she willing to die for him hmmmm...

About ep 36

Well NQ is starting to have new girl friends, learning how to flirt with MSS. And make a puppy eyes contest with her. Something that he never done in Chang An Capital. Well i like this emotion development for NQ.

Oh well I accept NQ with everybody LOL, sorry for the NingSang worshipers out there :P

So far ep 33-36 in the wilderness, quite interesting since there are a lot lot lot of breath-taking view, upcoming great fighting scene and getting new friends and foes. Really interesting and cant wait for next week!

Yet agree it is so sad for SS being left alone waiting for NQ to come home safely. She must be worried a lot, that's why she gave the umbrella, and it does really help NQ in the wilderness. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, angelangie said:

tired.....went out the whole afternoon with mom and grandma lols.....well it weekend and i cannot simply stay at home.....my mom will kill me if i dont spend some times with her rather than staying cope up in my room lols....

actually @stella77 is right....they do not need words or gesture.....they had grew up together sides by sides....all it needs is that some indicator and both know perfectly what the other part needs.....just like the parts when they were guiding the princess out......there this part in the book.....where SangSang starts feeling cold and nothing is helping......it was a very normal arrangement....and with no words exchange or look exchange.....NingQue pass SangSang the sack for her to sip on and SangSang without saying anything just gulp it up and then proceeded to fall back to sleep....

NingQue didnt even need to ask whether is she feeling better like in the drama.....in the drama they had them spell it and act it out....but in the book.....NingQue knew SangSang was feeling better and the cold had left her body because he had her feet on his body every night and also there is a sweat beads forming on SangSang face finally......

just a small sweat bead and that is all it take for NingQue to know that she is better.....in the scenes of fighting...SangSang can read NingQue move and have absolutely trust in NingQue, we can see no hesitation in between.....in the drama SangSang hide from the blow that NingQue was about deliver since she ran to him from behind but u can see at the moment or inches from the moment he was about to hack it down....it stop in mid swing....no one in the heat of battle can do that....but NingQue did because the very person is SangSang and when she was chases down by those barbarians in the wood....there is no other thought but for her to reach NingQue.....she doesnt goes to the nearest soldier but she went to NingQue......

that is how much trust is in between NingQue and SangSang :) no one can reach this kind of path of understanding in between 2 individuals unless they both trusted each other fully......they can read each other move without much efforts......

How i love reading about this two couple, thx for the explanation @angelangie, is there any couple like these couple character NingSang in any jianghu novels? Their destiny, how they meet, and how their life goes, until the end. I'm so happy and feel lucky to be able knowing this novel, and able to watch a decent adaptation drama, hopefully it will get remake like Gu Long or Jin Young or any other famous author. Getting here i feel so sad and dissapoint to the fact that CFY is not coming back for the 2nd season :tears: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Spoiler translation for ep 31 SS slowly losing her marbles

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, I heard that the wilderness is very cold. You have to remember to do the same as me and eat something hot. Since you are not here, I eat a little more simple but it's quite tasty.

Imaginary NQ: If it tastes good then eat a little more. Take my share and eat it as well.

SS: nods

SS: Do you want to taste? Not giving.

Imaginary NQ: Very ugly.

SS: Young Master what did you say?

SS: Young Master, Sang Sang really misses you very much. When will you come back?

Student: What are you thinking?

Real NQ: Thinking about Sang Sang, thinking about home.

Student: Yeah, We have already come out for more than one month.

Spoiler translation for ep 32

Spoiler

SS: The weather outside is so cold and the wind is so strong. If you sleep outside I also won't sleep peacefully. Put the blanket over there.

SS: Today, for now, stay here for the night. Tomorrow when the weather is good, then you can go. Sleep. Are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?

WGM: Thank you for letting me stay.

SS: Quickly sleep. Don't forget to extinguish the candles.

SS: Don't mess up the things.

SS: Young Master, is the wilderness cold? Are the blankets enough? The wilderness definitely doesn't have nuts from the goods shop. I will eat it on your behalf. Today in Du city, the wind is very strong, very cold. At the entrance, I picked up an elderly drifter. They say, good people, will have good rewards. I hope this good reward falls on you.

SS: This, you eat it. I'm going to sleep.

Spoiler translation for ep 34 SS's fighting talk

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, Let me tell you, that old guy is a really bothersome person. All day long he thinks about taking me as a disciple. Don't you think it's funny? He also said he wants to teach me divine skills. When I learn the divine skills, I can help the Young Master fight. In the past, it was Young Master who protected Sang Sang. In the future, Sang Sang can also protect the Young Master. HA

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

Why is LQ so full of himself? Every time he opens his mouth I want to shut it. Why does he believe himself so high above everything and everyone? His conversation with the other Light priest showed how much he believes he’s invincible when he declared that in the future he will raze the city in Tang to the ground and destroy its people. Is he by chance a fortune teller? He seemed so sure he’ll succeed and perhaps he will.

Anyway, I must repeat how much I like NQ’s character. Most of the times I see a hero, he doesn’t acknowledge his limits/weaknesses but with NQ, he is aware of his limitations, acknowledges them openly, is a practical person, is intelligent, has wisdom for his age, is a survivor, knows when to stand down or fight, etc. I just really find him so likable because he’s a sensible and ever growing hero. According to you guys his novel self is more vicious but I guess it may also work if the villains are vicious too. I like the drama NQ even if he’s not totally the same as novel NQ.

@angelangie, thank you for bringing up second brother because I keep forgetting to mention how hawt I find him. :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
52 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Why is LQ so full of himself? Every time he opens his mouth I want to shut it. Why does he believe himself so high above everything and everyone? His conversation with the other Light priest showed how much he believes he’s invincible when he declared that in the future he will raze the city in Tang to the ground and destroy its people. Is he by chance a fortune teller? He seemed so sure he’ll succeed and perhaps he will.

Anyway, I must repeat how much I like NQ’s character. Most of the times I see a hero, he doesn’t acknowledge his limits/weaknesses but with NQ, he is aware of his limitations, acknowledges them openly, is a practical person, is intelligent, has wisdom for his age, is a survivor, knows when to stand down or fight, etc. I just really find him so likable because he’s a sensible and ever growing hero. According to you guys his novel self is more vicious but I guess it may also work if the villains are vicious too. I like the drama NQ even if he’s not totally the same as novel NQ.

@angelangie, thank you for bringing up second brother because I keep forgetting to mention how hawt I find him. :wub:

I really hope he does not succeed when people like Fuzi and Yan Se are around and then we have Ning Que who will spank LQ. 

53 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Ning Que is how i want the leads in MA and Fight Breaks sphere to be.. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I skimmed through ep 36 and compared it to the previews released.  The preview of 41-42 is the last scene in episode 36, (if we adjust that), hopefully by episode 40 NQ should be going home to SS already. 

@angelangie I love Jun Mo's character, he's like the older version of NQ but more stiff and arrogant. (and I love his crown!!)

@pad-hari 

Spoiler

i think the end of season 1 will be after he defeats General Xia Hou, because in some trailers you can see him fighting XH

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Spoiler translation for ep 36 SS becomes E.T

Spoiler

SS: Young Master, today Master taught me divine skills. From now on, we don't need to worry about lighting the fire. Sang Sang will also not be scared to walk the roads at night. Master said I have a lot of talent, all I need to do is study hard and in the future, I will be able to light up the night. But....lighting up the night in the middle of the night, how will everyone sleep? But having a Master is also very good. Apart from Young Master being able to protect me, Master can also protect me. But don't be jealous Young Master, in Sang Sang's heart, Young Master will always be the most important.

Another spoiler for ep 36

Spoiler

NQ: When we were young whenever it snowed, our families Sang Sang would say when can our family have silver teals the same as like the shining white snowflakes?

MSS: Sang Sang?

NQ: mm My families little maid. I've been out for too long if I had a bowl of Sang Sang's spring onion noodles with the addition of two fried eggs now, wouldn't that be great.

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

anyway can i just complain about the 2nd Brother hat!! it just look kinda odd to me....i been meaning to say something about it....and then i was playing the song Gu Zhang An and this image happen again so i just need to vent a little sorry 

tongue leaf

Dylan Guo is a tall man and they had him wearing this kind of hat ><" not to mention that this is his first times being in a period drama 

When NQ was punished in the cave he told Second brother that everyone thought his hat was funny but no one dared to tell him.  And he was only telling him now because Second brother couldn't touch him beyond the cave barrier. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

What's MSS overall impression of SS(when MSS hears about/meets SS in the webnovel)? Judging from preview clips, MSS seems like an alright-kind of gal in the drama. Live action/drama tends to deviate a bit from the source material, so I dont mind knowing bits about MSS's opinion on NQ&SS relationship in the webnovel. Im slightly curious.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

What's MSS overall impression of SS(when MSS hears about/meets SS in the webnovel)? Judging from preview clips, MSS seems like an alright-kind of gal in the drama. Live action/drama tends to deviate a bit from the source material, so I dont mind knowing bits about MSS's opinion on NQ&SS relationship in the webnovel. Im slightly curious.

Spoiler

From what I remember MSS and SS only meet once in the novel. MSS comes back to Chang-an with NQ and the eldest brother and they stop by the Old brush house.  MSS and SS don't speak to each other.  MSS's first impression of SS was that SS looked ordinary and not so beautiful. I think MSS was a little surprised that NQ had such affection for such a plain looking girl.   After reading the chicken soup calligraphy MSS had already pretty much fallen in love with the writer and she is curious about the person Sang Sang in the note.  NQ mentions SS a lot as my Sang Sang and MSS wonders if she can change his style of addressing Sang Sang.  But I think MSS knows very early on that NQ doesn't like her enough.  When NQ rejects MSS, MSS drives past the Old brush house and she sees NQ and SS talking and having dinner and she realises that NQ and SS have already created their own world a long time ago and she leaves.

So in the novel, MSS is also a nice girl who really likes NQ and still wants to be with him but already kinda knows it's a lost cause but still tries to get close to him.  This up to around chapter 400.  I think they meet again later after NQ and SS get engaged.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
9 minutes ago, satanghaesolim said:

Reveal hidden contents

From what I remember MSS and SS only meet once in the novel. MSS comes back to Chang-an with NQ and the eldest brother and they stop by the Old brush house.  MSS and SS don't speak to each other.  MSS's first impression of SS was that SS looked ordinary and not so beautiful. I think MSS was a little surprised that NQ had such affection for such a plain looking girl.   After reading the chicken soup calligraphy MSS had already pretty much fallen in love with the writer and she is curious about the person Sang Sang in the note.  NQ mentions SS a lot as my Sang Sang and MSS wonders if she can change his style of addressing Sang Sang.  But I think MSS knows very early on that NQ doesn't like her enough.  When NQ rejects MSS, MSS drives past the Old brush house and she sees NQ and SS talking and having dinner and she realises that NQ and SS have already created their own world a long time ago and she leaves.

So in the novel, MSS is also a nice girl who really likes NQ and still wants to be with him but already kinda knows it's a lost cause but still tries to get close to him.  This up to around chapter 400.  I think they meet again later after NQ and SS get engaged.

Wow. I cant wait to see how this plays out in the drama. Thank you. 

• Like 1

@satanghaesolim.... Thanks so much for the translation chingu. I wished the adaptation had kept true to the novel. I think Drama tend to be more dramatic that way they can keep the viewers hooked to watching it.  @greenwatch08 I too can’t wait to see it on tv but I hope the drama doesn’t drag this out to long. Being dramatic is good to a certain point. This drama is a soap opera, it is a drama. Lol lol 

• Like 1

@coffeereads

Spoiler

Their engagement takes place only after killing xia hou.  So to finish this season on a good note I guess this will end with their engagement.

BTW can somebody clear me a doubt.  When LQ and NQ were arguing at victory restaurant, did LQ asked SS to sleep with him when he told that he will reward her for drinking wine more than him? 

• Like 3

@satanghaesolim, thx for translating, especially the part when :

NQ talked to MSS about SS .

I've been annoyed watching them :P , because the drama has added several scenes between them that was notnin the novel. So, I was just happy when NQ suddenly mentioned SS while they were together 

Anyway. I'm kinda disappointed with last week's episodes. First, the battle in the wilderness was too short. Secondly, there were too many scenes for the Empress. And third, because of NQ-MSS

I like MSS, but for me, her interaction with NQ was kinda boring compared to NQ-SS. Perhaps because NQ-MSS are all polite , while NQ-SS bicker and tease one another *LOL*. The actress of MSS is really lovely, though. 

3 hours ago, satanghaesolim said:

Hide contents

Just want to add a bit (please CMIIW) :

IIRC, MSS has already guessed the importance of SS for NQ since they were together in the wilderness. She even suspected that NQ himself didnt realize how important SS to him. That's why, she wasnt really surprised when NQ rejected her. 

And IIRC, MSS said that she liked him because he liked her (SS) more. Please CMIIW. 

In summary, MSS is a good girl. She is just unlucky because NQ has already been with SS since a long long time ago. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

BTW can somebody clear me a doubt.  When LQ and NQ were arguing at victory restaurant, did LQ asked SS to sleep with him when he told that he will reward her for drinking wine more than him? 

He asked NQ to reward SS(a servant) to him. After that, I think he can do whatever they want (including sleeping with her).  Please cmiiw. 

• Like 4
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜