Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Joy of Life 庆余年

With how involve the emperor is to his life in the capital and seeing one of the released posters where the emperor is by his side, I think he might be one of the princes, i remember of a mention that there are 4. I already saw the crown prince, the second prince, and a mention of the youngest just being an infant. So he might be the 3rd Prince, just my theory so far. The Fan family might be on his maternal side. 

I'm planning to read the english translation of the novel, since as someone mentioned earlier, there is 5 years worth of production time(2017-2022?) and its easy to find it online.

27 minutes ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

With how involve the emperor is to his life in the capital and seeing one of the released posters where the emperor is by his side, I think he might be one of the princes, i remember of a mention that there are 4. I already saw the crown prince, the second prince, and a mention of the youngest just being an infant. So he might be the 3rd Prince, just my theory so far. The Fan family might be on his maternal side. 

I'm planning to read the english translation of the novel, since as someone mentioned earlier, there is 5 years worth of production time(2017-2022?) and its easy to find it online.

Spoiler

In the novel, an Eldest Prince does exist and the fourth prince is 8 years old. During Fan Xian’s wedding, the Emperor says to himself that he regrets that he couldn’t get married with the ceremonial rituals of a prince.

I read somewhere that the drama changed Fan Xian’s background to a prince of the previous dynasty.

• Like 1

So, at this point...Is Fan Xian's the emperor's son??? It seems like he cares for Fan Xian? From the plot, who is Fan Xian's enemy and who is the one behind his mother's death??? 

On another note, I like the humor, actions and acting in this drama :)!! I never thought I would like historical comedy drama, but this one got me hooked!!! Waiting for subs is difficult!! I wish I can just binged-watch it!!!

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

So, at this point...Is Fan Xian's the emperor's son??? It seems like he cares for Fan Xian? From the plot, who is Fan Xian's enemy and who is the one behind his mother's death??? 

It is a major spoiler and I don’t think it will be revealed until the last season. Are you sure you want to know?

Spoiler

The emperor and yes, he is his father.

• Like 2

big spoilers about his father and mother. The reason for his mother's death.

Spoiler

Yes. He is the emperor's son. Also his mother was killed by the emperor. In the novel FX mother was reincarnated just like him. She had an ideology that you didn't need rulers since she was from modern times and that threatened the imperial power while in the drama i think they will just make it so that she had alot of power and the emperor feared that. Also according to the first 150 chapters she drugged the emperor with an aphrodisiac and wanted a child since she was lonely. In the novel she was more or less the founder of the overwatch council/Control Department

• Like 3

@Lunkera and @bluehibiscus

Spoiler

are you referring to the emperor of the previous dynasty that was disposed of? or is it the same current emperor?

also what is the status of the current emperor before he became one? Who is Chen Pingping and Fei Jie that doesnt want Fan Xian to return to the capital and how relevant are they to the story?

2 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

@Lunkera and @bluehibiscus

Hide contents

are you referring to the emperor of the previous dynasty that was disposed of? or is it the same current emperor?

also what is the status of the current emperor before he became one? Who is Chen Pingping and Fei Jie that doesnt want Fan Xian to return to the capital and how relevant are they to the story?

Spoiler

The current one. He was a prince who became the emperor with the help of Fan Xian’s mother, Ye Qing Mei.

Cheng Ping Ping respects Ye Qing Mei very much as she was the first person who treated him with respect. He wants to avenge her death. As the head of an investigation/control agency that has eyes everywhere, outwardly he reports to the emperor. Fei Jie is a leader of the 3rd Office in the agency and a master of poison. He taught Fan Xian the art of poison. He can also be a healer.

• Like 2

This video explains some of the background of the story this drama is based on. There are MAJOR spoilers in this video - she gives you a chance to skip the spoilers.

• Like 1

did ep 16-17 get leaked, because torrent-wise, the group MP4ba has them, or did they change the airing schedule?

On 12/4/2019 at 2:28 PM, nasaan ka Alex? said:

The crown prince is the third son, he calls second prince older brother. The eldest is leading the army I think, so he's not in the capital. 

Tangetially related, he normally wouldn't be numbered regardless of who his dad is, since he's born out of wedlock. Generally those kids wouldn't go on the official genealogy book (?) or officially acknowledged. This is fantasy world so it's not that strict though. 

5 hours ago, creidesca said:

did ep 16-17 get leaked, because torrent-wise, the group MP4ba has them, or did they change the airing schedule?

oh no. They haven't changed the airing schedule. You sure it's actual episodes and not faked? There's been people selling the full drama since last week but I'm not sure they were real or scam. I hope it hasn't been leaked, since that would mean less hits for the drama. 

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, skibbies said:

oh no. They haven't changed the airing schedule. You sure it's actual episodes and not faked? There's been people selling the full drama since last week but I'm not sure they were real or scam. I hope it hasn't been leaked, since that would mean less hits for the drama. 

I took a peek at ep16 before heading to work, and it's definitely continuing where ep15 left off

1 hour ago, creidesca said:

I took a peek at ep16 before heading to work, and it's definitely continuing where ep15 left off

damn. I think last week was a miscommunication with youtube team so it's not real leak. This seems different. Not sure if they will change schedule again to accomodate. 

Could anybody explain my questions below ?

What is the relationship between Fan Xian's mother and Fan Jian, who adopted Fan Xian after his mother was killed?

Why did Fan Jian come to adopt Fan Xian and keep him safe growing up with the grandmother?
Does Fan Xian even know that he is an adopted son of the Fan family?

• Insightful 1

2 hours ago, dancingbee said:

Could anybody explain my questions below ?

What is the relationship between Fan Xian's mother and Fan Jian, who adopted Fan Xian after his mother was killed?

Why did Fan Jian come to adopt Fan Xian and keep him safe growing up with the grandmother?
Does Fan Xian even know that he is an adopted son of the Fan family?

At this point, Fan Xian doesn't know that he is adopted. He doesn't know his real identity yet.

I don't know the other questions, so I'll have someone answer it^^

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has read the book since it's 746 chapters long? Is it a recommended read or should I just focus on the drama instead? I was thinking of creating an ePub if reading is recommended. 

I create English translation ePubs for the Untamed, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and the Pillow Book since they are great novels turned to movie dramas.  I was wondering if this drama would be the same.

• Like 1

@MK916 The novel is different since he actually transmigrated into a 2 month old baby. There's alot comedy and with his inner thoughts and messing with his enemies. But there is alot of investigating & information gathering because he's part of the control department. Such as getting information of enemies by means of poison&torture and stuff. I also think it's harem. He ends up with 2 legitimate wives i think. If you don't like harem novels you should avoid it. Seems like the drama avoids it, not sure yet though