Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Joy of Life 庆余年

Sometimes the music sound played behind this drama is a bit too modern especially the comedic part.. Kinda throw me off abit.

• Like 1

@angelangie Is this suppose to be something light or funny? I honesty don't know the novel.. chinese novels.  The way I choose what cdrama I watch is if I like the story and if actor is able to deliver.

Currently watching. I though I'm getting a heavy filled dark serious historical drama. It's light actually. To be fair I've just started episode 1 but.. man that slap from the kid.. that's comedy. The kid actor as Fan Xian character is funny smart.

5 hours ago, jongski said:

@angelangie Is this suppose to be something light or funny? I honesty don't know the novel.. chinese novels.  The way I choose what cdrama I watch is if I like the story and if actor is able to deliver.

Currently watching. I though I'm getting a heavy filled dark serious historical drama. It's light actually. To be fair I've just started episode 1 but.. man that slap from the kid.. that's comedy. The kid actor as Fan Xian character is funny smart.

wont know for sure as i didnt follow the novel either......so i cant tell you :D 

@jongski The webnovels usually always have a small amount of comedic undertone. It wouldn't be watchable if it was dark and serious all the time. But this is not a comedy in general. it's full of politics and other stuff. I read like 100 chapters like a year and a half ago so i don't remember it all too well. I'm going to re-read it since it's completely translated now. I can give you a better answer if you want later.

Edit : i started re-reading. While it's not a comedy novel it has alot of comedy with FX plotting/messing with his oponents. Problem is that he recites alot of stuff from modern times which they will obviously remove. I havent started watching the drama yet, but since china has banned reincarnation it's pretty obvious it won't be included.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@jongski The webnovels usually always have a small amount of comedic undertone. It wouldn't be watchable if it was dark and serious all the time. But this is not a comedy in general. it's full of politics and other stuff. I read like 100 chapters like a year and a half ago so i don't remember it all too well. I'm going to re-read it since it's completely translated now. I can give you a better answer if you want later.

Edit : i started re-reading. While it's not a comedy novel it has alot of comedy with FX plotting/messing with his oponents. Problem is that he recites alot of stuff from modern times which they will obviously remove. I havent started watching the drama yet, but since china has banned reincarnation it's pretty obvious it won't be included.

thanks for the input.....as i had seen clips of it and mostly they comic it and make it likes seems a pretty much light hearted story :) 

@angelangie Im only at 150 chapters. It will get darker if they follow the novel somewhat.

Spoiler

If they follow the novel somewhat, he will enter the Overwatch Council which deals with investigation of the other government departments and spies and stuff. Within the first 150 chapters he tortures a young women  who were involved in an assassination attempt on him. I'm guessing it will start light but get darker and darker with more conspiracies unfolding. 

• Like 1

I haven’t finished reading the novel yet but, the opening theme song refers to a mysterious temple on an inaccessible mountain. “According to legend, there is treasure on the mountain as well as a deep cliff”

Spoiler

This secret is kept by an enemy spy who did not give up his secrets even after 20 years of imprisonment and torture. He gives Fan Xian vague descriptions of the temples’s location before he dies.  

Just finished ep 2 :)!!! I'm confused, why did the guards killed the women on the street??? The story is going at a steady pace, which I like------a balance of dialogue and action we get to see. The cute young actor Fan Xian is so good at his acting skills!! His facial expressions, and acting is so cute!!! This is my first time watching the ML, he have that pretty/cute boy look going on^^---kind of reminds me of Xiao Zhan!!! 

@rosierosie someone in the imperial palace is trying to destroy Fan Xian's reputation by setting him up with those maids and luring him into the fake Fan residence.

The emperor knew of the plot, sent his imperial guards to dispose those maids, and also redirect Fan Xian to the temple where he is currently visiting so that he could observe him. It was also possible that it is also his plan for the two(ML and FL) to meet. This is all explained in episode 3.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 11:39 AM, Lunkera said:

They got round it by turning it into a story within a story. A university student is writing the story as part of a contest to show the clash between historical system and modern ideas with the main theme being if life can be done over again. The protagonist in the story found out his deceased mother already introduced a lot of the technology from the world he was from into the undefined historical period he was reborn into.

• Like 1

I normally go for romance dramas only but some how I hook to drama.  I like the humor conversations. There are so many great actors in this drama.  I even like the Emporer and his dad characters.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Just finished ep 2 :)!!! I'm confused, why did the guards killed the women on the street??? The story is going at a steady pace, which I like------a balance of dialogue and action we get to see. The cute young actor Fan Xian is so good at his acting skills!! His facial expressions, and acting is so cute!!! This is my first time watching the ML, he have that pretty/cute boy look going on^^---kind of reminds me of Xiao Zhan!!! 

I like ZRY's acting since I watched him in Novoland Castle in the Sky.  

• Like 1

If this was divided into three seasons, does it mean that the wrapped up filming was only for season 1?

Or is it that the filming was already done for the whole three seasons, but the last two seasons are on hold to be broadcast at a later date?

43 minutes ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

If this was divided into three seasons, does it mean that the wrapped up filming was only for season 1?

Or is it that the filming was already done for the whole three seasons, but the last two seasons are on hold to be broadcast at a later date?

Yeah,it looks like they only finished filming Season 1 but they have set aside 5 years to produce the 3 seasons.