Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Joy of Life 庆余年

11 minutes ago, creidesca said:

I believe it was mentioned that the grand princess and the emperor are not related by blood?

Ohhh  thank you @creidesca i missed that piece of info, sorry ....and i thought that to be with that title you had to be related to the emperor . 

On 12/12/2019 at 12:56 AM, creidesca said:

I dunno how some sites have up to episode 27?

because tencent and iqiyi did this "pay to get more episodes" thing on top of vip. So they dumped 6 episodes on wednesday, next week there's 2 ep update as normally. Just vvip (33) would be 6 ep ahead vip (27), 12 ep ahead of non vip (21) by the end of the week.

There's been lot of yelling at tencent, mostly tencent because Yuewen (novel was serialised on Qidian, so the IP belongs to Yuewen) is controlled by tencent. Xinli, the main production company was also bought out by Yuewen. Also because they started this with Untamed this summer, price discrimination to the max. I think the previous week (and this week)'s leak is also from tencent since the ads are the same. People have been saying it's from oversea wetv app, but idk if that's a confusion from first week or what? It is kind of unusual for consistent just two extra ep leak per week. 

On 12/12/2019 at 4:50 AM, jadore1 said:

:confused:Is the chicken drum lady not his "first" cousin.  If YX is emperor's son, and she is the daughter of royal princess (i am assuming that means  she is emperor's "sister" )  So if he does not know, the emperor knows and yet he wants them to marry ?

Historically, I think first cousins do marry sometimes, but the drama changed it. Your assumption is correct though, for future reference, the title is given to emperor's sister. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, skibbies said:

because tencent and iqiyi did this "pay to get more episodes" thing on top of vip. So they dumped 6 episodes on wednesday, next week there's 2 ep update as normally. Just vvip (33) would be 6 ep ahead vip (27), 12 ep ahead of non vip (21) by the end of the week.

There's been lot of yelling at tencent, mostly tencent because Yuewen (novel was serialised on Qidian, do the IP belongs to Yuewen) is controlled by tencent, Xinli, the main production company was also bought out by Yuewen. Also because they started this with Untamed this summer, price discrimination to the max. I think the previous week (and this week)'s leak is also from tencent since the ads are the same. People have been saying its from oversea wetv app, but idk if that's a confusion from first week or what? It is kind of unusual for consistent just two extra ep leak per week. 

Historically, I think first cousins do marry sometimes, but the drama changed it. Your assumption is correct though, for future reference, the title is given to emperor's sister. 

If I remember correctly,  in 1st ep it states that the emperor and his sister are not related by blood. She was adopted into the royal family. So Wan Er and Fan Xian are not related at all by blood. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2019 at 4:06 PM, ForgottenSoulx said:

Im glad people here seem to be liking this im at 21 sub and its soooooo good it has got it so right. 

@ForgottenSoulx where is it subbed up to 21 already? can i dm you? asking first, in case you needa keep it private and i wanna respect that. 

I'm waiting for the "drumstick girl" hijinks to be over. I think that's the only plotline that annoys me (although the reference is funny). Everything else, especially FX closest relationships are great. 

edit: saw the hijinks sorted out in episode 11. it was cute how it was resolved. 

Sad Teng Zijin is dead, he was such a good friend and bodyguard to FX. FX was so sad, it was nice to see the tender moments between him and Wan'Er :)!!! I like how the plot keeps us guessing who is behind the killing and why??!! Love the funny moments between FX and Wang Qinan lol. I'm on ep 18, and so far it's great!! 

2 hours ago, rosierosie said:

Sad Teng Zijin is dead, he was such a good friend and bodyguard to FX. FX was so sad, it was nice to see the tender moments between him and Wan'Er :)!!! I like how the plot keeps us guessing who is behind the killing and why??!! Love the funny moments between FX and Wang Qinan lol. I'm on ep 18, and so far it's great!! 

I started reading the English translated novel because this drama was good. I definitely see more funny moments in the drama than the book, particularly between Fan Xian and Wan'Er. I feel that their relationship developed much better than the novel. You get to feel how they feel in love with those few encounters and not knowing each other true identities. 

I think in the novel, they fell in "love at first sight" at the temple and then he finds his chicken-leg girl by pretending to be a physician. No other interaction in between.

• Like 1

Just finished ep 21!! Love how slowly the plot is unfolding. Would we be seeing FX and Wan'Er wedding in this season, or no?

Vietnamese subbers are quick, up to ep 31 (I was only expecting ep 28-29 today even if someone VIP already paid more for the extra episodes)

4 hours ago, creidesca said:

Vietnamese subbers are quick, up to ep 31 (I was only expecting ep 28-29 today even if someone VIP already paid more for the extra episodes)

The extra ep should have been up to 29, iqiyi dumped extra 4 ep (up to 33) by accident on vip last night. This drama airing schedule is a mess, and trying to discuss it while going at different rate is kind of difficult. Weibo's current no. 1 trending spoils early 30s episodes lol. I've been spoiled left and right already but it's kind of frustrating. Oh well, I'll waddle through 20s slowly and binge when the ending hits. 

Wow, we are almost half way through----I wondered who wants to kill FX?? Anyone knows? Is it just me, I can't feel any chemistry between the OTP?? Perhaps, because they don't have a lot of lovey dovey scene??? However, their love is so pure and genuine :)!!!!!

I don't feel a palpable romantic chemistry between FX and LWE either, but yeah there aren't that many scenes between them lol. Perhaps, this loveline wasn't meant to be the focus of the story. They do feel loving towards each other...like in the way family members might be towards each other. Since both actors are great, I'm inclined to believe that's just how it written. 

But also, doesn't it seem like FX has great and interesting chemistry with everyone else tho?? His friends and family members are wonderful. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

But also, doesn't it seem like FX has great and interesting chemistry with everyone else tho?? His friends and family members are wonderful. 

I do think FX and Wan Er have chemistry, but I agree that he also has chemistry with everyone else. 

5 hours ago, crackaddict said:

I just found out that some of actors in Joy of Life are also in the Republican Drama The Awakening of Insects also starred Zhang Ruo Yun, there are Guo BaoKun, Fan Xian's adopted Father, one official in Investigation Office, and our patriot bodyguard of FanXian Teng ZeZing, maybe that is one reason why Fan Xian has more chemistry with them than with Lin WanEr. (Note i havent searched which one is earlier, Joy of life or The Awakening of Insect)

But i believe in Zhang RuoYun's ability, he is one of talented actors that should be easy creating chemistry with all his supporting casts, include the female lead, which Li Qin is also one of talented actor.

Really love the casts, the script, the music score! Dont really like the hair style for some characters (like 2nd prince's and Fan XiZhi's).

After all this time, I should have known that the

Spoiler

Royal Princess

was the one that kept trying to kill FX!!! She is one interesting character. I think she might have BP.

• Like 1

@rosierosie Linger’s Father once told FX that she is crazy. It will be interesting to see what her backstory is. If she is not related to the Emperor by blood, then how did she become the Royal Princess? 

FX is in a difficult position - he should get rid of her for his own safety, but she is also Linger’s Mother. Will Linger forgive him and still want to marry him if he harms her Mother?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, omiki said:

@rosierosie Linger’s Father once told FX that she is crazy. It will be interesting to see what her backstory is. If she is not related to the Emperor by blood, then how did she become the Royal Princess? 

FX is in a difficult position - he should get rid of her for his own safety, but she is also Linger’s Mother. Will Linger forgive him and still want to marry him if he harms her Mother?

Hmmmm well FX has indirectly murdered Ling Er half brother Lin Gong, so yeah he is really really in a difficult position like you said. Ling Er is closer to Lin Gong than to her own birth mom, and I saw Ling Er is more shocked when she knows that FX has something to do with Lin Gong's death. So FX is surrounded by In Laws that want him dead, especially when the truth about Lin Gong is out.

• Like 1