[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

5 minutes ago, briseis said:

The situation with the Book Seller is really an ingenious way for OG and SM to realize that true love can't be created or defeaded by any magic and that what they feel for each other is real. Once again huge kudos to the Hong Sisters for this amazing  story and idea :wub:

Oh I hope so!! It’s like what he said during the cotton candy scene. With/without the bracelet  sweet is sweet and like is like! The memories remain!!

i hope through this SM can finally get her proof that when he’s not under the influence he still loves her!! :wub::wub:

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, realistic2280 said:

This is a 20 episode drama, and a long drama at that.. im sure there will be more angst... while waiting for the Eng-sub of tonight's episode, is there  anyone else following Seung Gi's new variety - Master in the House? Just finished the 5th episode and its very funny - Looking for its discussion thread, but doesnt look as if its been created yet. Looking fwd to the discussion threat to talk about the jokes in that variety.

I cant imagine how Seung Gi do the show and then has to do Hwayugi the next day (weekdays), he must have been physically tired especially over the hike over the mountain (cute that he ran down and the other member joked that Seung-Gi really thought he is SOG:D) It helps that Seung Gi is still is still physically fit due to his military training and happy to share his army stories (which I actually like:)

at times redditt opens up thread on butlers.. its really good.. ep 5 will air on sunday.. how did you watch it?

7 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Sunmi life is just so pitiful.. why give this fate to her?!

no parents, famliy who despise her, bullied at school, haunted by demons all her life, and now falling in love with such painful fate?

Oh Gong is still hot and cold to her. This storybook demon will def make them realize that they love each other so much.

And how is this storybook demon so powerful?!! Sunmi is no longer samjang... gaaah!!!

if she claims herself as the new samjang, i hope she will be eaten by those monkey ape demons!!!:crazy:

sunmi is still the samjang .. just not the owner of the bracelet..

and point ot note is.. the promise of protection is separate from bracelet..

she has to call out his name to make him appear beside her - promise

bracelet lets monkey know by itself that sunmi or owner is in danger

samjang is samjang until she finishes her tasks

• Like 4

I translated only SM and OG part.

OG: You already got married twice, to me. Today and the last time.

SM: The last time? *flashback* What kind of marriage is that?

OG: You can do it again. I would like it. Come quick.

SM: I won't. Who said I want to marry you?

OG: I mean come quick to go to restaurant. Aren't you going to eat? 

You can marry me again. I will accept you no matter how many times. Come quick.

SM: I must be crazy. I think I heard the bell ringing again.

I was happy watching that beautiful scene. But then, THAT BS came AND RUINED EVERYTHING

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

31 minutes ago, kjesin said:

WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING SOMEONE PUT ME IN A COMA FOR 22 AND A HALF HOURS COZ I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT PREVIEW HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

I'm going to be positive and say this could have been the second Episode of the week, instead we'll have to wait "only" 22 hours and not a whole week, but I know this will be the longest 22 hours that I'll ever live on this Earth and I won't be able to do anything else except obsessing over Episode 10 and counting down every second. So yeah, positive.

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

19 minutes ago, briseis said:

The situation with the Book Seller is really an ingenious way for OG and SM to realize that true love can't be created or defeaded by any magic and that what they feel for each other is real. Once again huge kudos to the Hong Sisters for this amazing  story and idea :wub:

I hope that was the case. That situation was like a preview for them if the GGG was not in the picture anymore.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

at times redditt opens up thread on butlers.. its really good.. ep 5 will air on sunday.. how did you watch it?

PM you the site :)

Yes it is... I'm happy to see a funny, serious grown-up Seung-gi and he acts like the leader for the whole show. Darn, miss watching him on TV, so darn cute and handsome :)

Cant soompi have the discussion link in the variety section rather than going to reddit... hmm..

Happy to see him in both show and his old movie is coming out in February 2018 i think as well.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

sunmi is still the samjang .. just not the owner of the bracelet..

and point ot note is.. the promise of protection is separate from bracelet..

she has to call out his name to make him appear beside her - promise

bracelet lets monkey know by itself that sunmi or owner is in danger

samjang is samjang until she finishes her tasks

Because in one scene of ep 9, that book seller took the GGG then  Sunmi was found collapsed by Mawang and Secretary Ma.

Mawang said "This woman is no longer samjang"

:bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kjesin said:

I translated only SM and OG part.

OG: You already got married twice, to me. Today and the last time.

SM: The last time? *flashback* What kind of marriage is that?

OG: You can do it again. I would like it. Come quick.

SM: I won't. Who said I want to marry you?

OG: I mean come quick to go to restaurant. Aren't you going to eat? 

You can marry me again. I will accept you no matter how many times. Come quick.

SM: I must be crazy. I think I heard the bell ringing again.

I was happy watching that beautiful scene. But then, THAT BISH I mean book seller came AND RUINED EVERYTHING

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

He really loves teasing her :joy: Like he did with the "phone" thermos bottle and now with the restaurant

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, realistic2280 said:

PM you the site :)

Yes it is... I'm happy to see a funny, serious grown-up Seung-gi and he acts like the leader for the whole show. Darn, miss watching him on TV, so darn cute and handsome :)

Cant soompi have the discussion link in the variety section rather than going to reddit... hmm..

Happy to see him in both show and his old movie is coming out in February 2018 i think as well.

If anyone needs livestream link you can also PM me and I'll send it to you, today I watched for the first time live and I found a good link that didn't lag at all :)

• Like 11

I know uri oh gong is not stupid to let himself being controlled by that person..

Right now I really want to know what exactly happen and why that person want to be the owner of GGG ? Why she wants control uri oh gong ? Because she wants to be more powerful ? And why she wants to be samjang? Is she stupidididid ?? she doesn't know how difficult is to become samjang .. Stupidididid person!!

Edited by CamelKnight
Cursing
  • LOL 2

Because I have nothing else to do and I'm in Hwayugi withdrawal, here's another translations.

SM finding out she became SJ because of OG.

SM: It still could be a good fate.

MW: There's no way. It's definitely(?) an ill-fated destiny.

SM: How can you be so sure?

MW: Because the one who changed your fate was SOG. As a punishment for releasing SOG, you became SJ.

SM: What are you...

*flashback*

MW: I'm saying that because of SOG, you were fated to be SJ. Since that guy clearly knows it too, if you don't believe me, call him and ask him yourself.

SM: Is it the truth? Is it, SOG? That's what happened?

OG: Yes. You had to live specially like that because of me.

SM: I see. You and I meeting was really just a misfortune. If you weren't in my life, I wouldn't have became something like SJ. I shouldn't have met you.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 11

I still remember one of the episode of journey to the west i watched when i was kid.. 

The monkey betrayed the monk and go to other demons 'I don't remember which demon,but he'll come back to monk again because... Ok i already  forgot about it.. '

Journey to the west is my favorite drama in 1996,especially the actor who potraits son wukong is dicky cheung.. He's so funny and handsome like seunggi.. 

• Like 4

SM would never have met OG if not for MW. If he had not used her to try to steal the fan then she would never have become SJ. Sure OG tricked her into making a deal that freed him from his captivity but it was MW who put it all in motion. MW has a huge responsibility in why SM became SJ too. His intentions were not all that innocent when he knew he could not go to the house and get that fan himself. He sent an innocent child into a place where a powerful entity was located with no other protection then a few warnings!

MW keeps instigating things and although I love his bromance and hate on with OG. He does things to aggravate OG because he is mad at him for something that happened way in the past and just because they rub one another wrong. But he is not innocent in the reasons why things have turned out this way. He meddled when SM was a child. He meddled when she and OG met again and got her the GGG (even though I am sure the Gods made sure the GGG was in the right place at the right time.) and then he tried to insert a 3rd party to hurt OG and have him feel the loss of his love or a rival. He was using SM and OG to fight ghost and demons as well. I have to wonder at what point is he made to realize that he has a responsibility as well in how things have turned out?

I do agree that the Hong Sisters are going to show OG and SM that even without the GGG they like one another and have to face that fact. I still hate 3rd and 4th parties getting in the middle of this budding relationship but I guess both need to go through this. SM needs to stop thinking her life was a horror and she should never have met OG. OG needs to face up to the fact that he is in love for the first time in his very long and powerful life and its not because of that bracelet either. Both need to realize that with out the other their lives have been a bit one dimensional. They both answer the loneliness that has been in their hearts. The need for acceptance from someone who sees all their flaws..

Just my two cents..

• Like 16

If we piece the last preview and today's preview then I think the picture becomes more clearer.

THIS is just a guess. I hope no one complains and reports me for spreading untruth and writing fanfiction here. It's a big crime apparently. So just making it clear, I am not fluent in Korean and this is what I think may happen by piecing the previews together.

I don't know how Seon Mi will come out from the books but she does and goes about her normal life. Whether she is SJ or not, no idea yet. We can see in the first preview that she is with Jonathan when the child comes to her and asks her about his sister. She probably met SOG after or before that(maybe he sees her with Jonathan, which I would prefer :tongue: ) and passes by him like a stranger, hence his broken look. The child asks her about his sister and she goes back to the demon's library. The demon knocks her out. SOG comes there. Demon realizes that SOG love Seon Mi so she takes her form and tries to kiss him so that the bracelet has it's full effect but SOG rejects her. After that he will somehow figure out how to defeat the demon and save Seon Mi.

I think it's becoming clearer to SOG that his feelings for Seon Mi are not just compulsion by the bracelet. There was a brief scenes of SOG brooding in white over the bracelet. Even though Seon Mi is no longer the owner of GGG, SOG is still getting drawn to her.

@packmule3 Yes, I am here but am mostly a silent reader. There are some amazing insightful members here who like to analyze and theorize(thankfully not a crime in this thread) so I don't have much to say. I just enjoy the writing. :D

• Like 15

Seriously this episode ending really unexpected, how can JSM is not Samjang anymore? I mean the book seller can take her into the books, trap her there but how can that book seller become Samjang? 

Seriously really need episode 10 to come faster

Anyway the wedding scene really out of our prediction. Love how this episode surprise us

• Like 4

Doesn’t the bracelet need a kiss to work?

if the bookseller took SJ’s form and was rejected by OG, does it means she has less or no control over him? What is she so happy about then? What is she doing?! Give it back!! Gahhh. Thorn in my side.

MW cracked me up with his piano playing...he’s a nut but my kind of nut. Heh.

* I am watching Master in the House too. What fun they have!

Edited by rocat
After thots
  • Like 3