[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

8 hours ago, VanillaSalt said:

do you know when this will be released? I could have sworn there was this song last couple episodes and another one by Ben? i remember a ballad...

I'm pretty sure I heard it will be released on the 27th? Which means soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to this forum again... it is Friday and i am downloading ep 7 and 8 on Netflix. Another reason is JSM wore wedding dress. I have seen many spoiler in IG, include the gif. I want OG to be another bride stealer.... Episode 2 he has stolen her from demon's wedding ceremony, how about the next one? Curious....

• Like 5

Tgif. can’t wait for episode 09. sunmi looks so beautifull as a bride 2.0 , son oh gong and frosty looks so dashing . want more of them . hope things will pick from ep 9- 10 onwards as well as ratings. 

fighting hwayugi ! 

• Like 4

Omo I feel like it's Jonathan, the guy holding her hand !!! Oh Gong eodiyaaa ! Pali nawa, Jin Sun Mi kkyeoreonagesseo ( typo in a mess if there are Koreans sorry :lol::lol:)

EDIT : Never mind it's Oh Gong !!!! I bet my money on it, it's Oh Gong !!!

• Like 4

Lee Hong Ki Praised For His Acting In “Hwayugi”

Lee-Hong-Ki.jpg

FTISLAND’s Lee Hong Ki is receiving much praise for his acting as P.K, a pig monster, in tvN’s weekend drama “Hwayugi.”

P.K’s clumsiness creates lots of entertaining scenes, and his dirty tactics to endanger others makes the viewers feel tense. On top of that, his nonchalant expressions and amusing lines show another side of him as well.

Through the drama, Lee Hong Ki can be seen growing as an actor as he portrays a variety of changing sides of P.K. It’s said that the role of the humorous yet stubborn pig monster seems meant just for him.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/26/lee-hong-ki-praised-acting-hwayugi/

• Like 9

THAT look on Son Oh Gong’s face when Ma Wang reminds him of Seon Mi as the little girl with an umbrella who saved him all those years ago; it’s as if he returned for a second in his memories to that time.

fWGXtDq.jpg

Karma really is a richard simmons because when Oh Gong broke their contract and decided not to protect SM as he promised, he unwittingly caused that SM met with Jonathan (because Jonathan mentioned that ever since he met SM she’s been mentioning the Fairy, so their must have met only after SM’s encounter with the Monkey King). Therefore Oh Gong basically created his own love rival; if he had watched over SM, this would have never happened. He is the cause of his own pain and jealousy.

fenc332.jpg

“What o do from now… is all your fault.”

He still need these ridiculous excuses to justify how much he likes Seon Mi, doesn’t he? 

KxnZ9WB.jpg

• Like 17

Oh Gong’s and Seon Mi’s second kiss is an echo of their first kiss; there is a visual parallel between them. A suprise kiss. However, the circumstances and motivations are completely different and it’s these differences that truly matter. The objective of the first kiss was to achieve a goal - to activate the GGG - if they wanted to get out of the picture, SM had to kiss Oh Gong and she had very little choice in the matter. However, now it’s Son Oh Gong who kisses her and not because he has to or because the bracelet is making him to but because kissing SM is something he’s secretly wanted to do, even if he didn’t admit it to himself. He’s been seeking SM’s physical closeness for some time now but with this kiss he is taking their physical intimacy to the next level and Jonathan’s intimacy with SM was the final trigger. 

Kvf88PN.png

There is no doubt that OG kisses SM because he wants, though he is also motivated by jealousy, no doubt, which is a legit reason. Being jealous means that you are afraid to lose something that you considers yours; so it’s only fitting that Oh Gong’s fear to be left behind by SM, his fear of losing, manifests itself as jealousy. The fact that he didn’t only kissed but also embraced her shows he wants to be physically close to her in every way possible. 

xVsWbLM.png

Finally, it’s also about one-upping Jonathan, his love rival, who held SM’s hand and then hugged her; therefore Oh Gong does the same - holds her hand and embraces her - and one-upping him by kissing her. It’s the result of his emotional reaction to Jonathan’s arrival - panic, anger, fear, jealousy,… - and the fact that he is a proud deity, a force of nature, and foremost, A PREDATOR, therefore his possessive, animalistic and instinctive reaction makes so much sense. In his world, among his equals, it would be only natural to fight a battle for the woman he loves, and I like Jonathan well enough that I don’t want to see him shredded to pieces or burned to crisp. Once again, Oh Gong’s kiss isn’t a result of the bracelet’s power because GGG makes its bearer blissfully obedient but physical and emotional possessive  and physical desire are not part of the deal.  

iL3c2vJ.png

• Like 17

One of the main objectives of that kiss is to observe the different reaction of the OTP to it, as compared to the first kiss. Previously, there were no happy, satisfied smiles, no eagerness to see each other, no replaying of the kiss,… It shows how much their mutual feelings have developed over these few weeks. 

DAdzNrB.jpg

The main difference, of course, is that their HEARTS WERE NOT INVOLVED ALL THOSE WEEKS AGO IN THE MEADOW, NOW THEY ARE. Now, both Oh Gong and Seon Mi are deeply affected by the physical intimacy no matter how much they try to persuade the other that they are not. 

UUMaEkW.jpg

And if anyone still needs another proof that the GGG has nothing to do with Oh Gong falling in love with SM and kissing her, then this might be the final one - the bracelet was active already after their first kiss but OG wasn’t replaying the kiss nor was he affected in any apparent emotional way, now he is.

m2jcUm1.jpg

• Like 11

And what else I want to know - are they going to make a parallel between 2nd and 9th episode? Between traditional and modern wedding?  If they're going, doesn't it mean that GGG will be taken off tomorrow? When I think about there's too much parallels - the wedding, that gif when SM holds OG's hand like in the 2nd ep plus I bet they're again in the trap (maybe inside a book?) And honestly I think GGG is no longer needed. Maybe it's time to take it off?
But I'm really confused by OG's look. On the stills he is wearing the same clothes as in the end of ep 8 but on the preview when he found out about SM's disapperance he's wearing a red coat. Does it mean that this wedding scene will happen before the "i am the new owner of the GGG" thing?

• Like 5

Please don't let it be a dream/illusion

what if the demon is in Oh Gong disguise? 

What if Samjang is under hypnotize again?

but oh well.. Oh Gong is still the official bride stealer

maybe we gonna get another kissing scene to seal the GGG tighter :tongue:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

It’s really hard not to notice all these mentions and themes of fairy tales, fairies, princes, monsters,… and it’s only apt because they are an integral part of the world Seon Mi lives in and sees with her eyes; all the things and beings other people are blind to. However, unlike the worlds in the human fairy tales, in this world not all monsters and demons are pure evil and they are capable of greater, purer and deeper love than most humans - a love that lasts forever.

FaRnXxU.jpg

“The Fairy gets lost when she meets the Prince.”

One of the reasons why I dig the fairy tale comparison so much is because Seon Mi herself doesn’t see her life as one, but rather as a horror but that doesn’t necessary means that she dislikes it. And it’s only fitting because SHE DIDN’T FALL IN LOVE WITH THE PRINCE, SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH THE MONSTER, THE BEAST. And she is happy about it, even though it’s dangerous. Son Oh Gong can never be the perfect, safe lover most women dream about - HE ISN’T PERFECT BUT HE IS THE LOVER SHE CHOSE.

The prince would be the prudent, sensible choice - he’s nice and rich - but it makes so much sense that after spending her whole life surrounded by demons and ghosts, interacting with them and even befriending them, Seon Mi would chose as her lover a monster. Although she desires family and friends and a lover, she doesn’t really care for the mundane and normal. SM might say that she would date humans if there were any men who would like her and accept her strangeness but here is such a man, who basically worshippa the very ground she walks on and finds her strangeness awesome and inspirational to the point where he wants to shoot a blockbuster movie about it, AND SHE BARELY SPARES HIM A GLANCE AND ONLY THINKS HOW SHE CAN GET AS FAST AS POSSIBLE TO THE DEMON. She is even more comfortable interacting and befriending the supernatural beings more than humans. It’s interesting, really, because we talk about how Oh Gong and Seon Mi are from two completely different world with him being immortal and her mortal; however, the truth is SEON MI IS PART OF BOTH WOLRDS SO IT’S HER CHOICE WHERE SHE WANTS TO BELONG. And besides, which prince could compare to the SUPER HOT MONKEY KING ANYWAY?!

ECA5ny2.jpg

“My fairy has a nasty temper,…”

Seon Mi has referred to Oh Gong as HERS on multiple occasions - my Oh Gong, My Fairy - it’s so funny because she keeps calling him like that only to vehemently protest that he definitely is NOT HER BOYFRIEND. The girl is clearly in huge denial.

2OkodO0.jpg

• Like 15
  • LOL 1