[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Wait till tomorrow already turtore me... just curious what will be the ending of tomorrow? What if that will more than tonight, imagine I should to wait for 6 days and without preview????

But the ending is one of their test because issues about GGG's effects always rise up... This episode will answer few questions same like SOG's question :

(1) What the meaning of SJ in SOG life without that GGG effect?

(2) What the meaning of SOG in SJ life when she's normal human as she wanted?

(3) Is it true that Spiritual Realm give GGG to hide their true feeling?

Yeah.... Hope this GGG problem not drag to much tears....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, realistic2280 said:

This is a 20 episode drama, and a long drama at that.. im sure there will be more angst... while waiting for the Eng-sub of tonight's episode, is there  anyone else following Seung Gi's new variety - Master in the House? Just finished the 5th episode and its very funny - Looking for its discussion thread, but doesnt look as if its been created yet. Looking fwd to the discussion thread in soompi forum to talk about the jokes in that variety.

I cant imagine how Seung Gi do the show and then has to do Hwayugi the next day (weekdays) (and in winter at that! - remember he showed the -16 degree temperature at the end of filming recently?), he must have been physically tired especially over the mountain hike, cute that he ran down and the other members joked that Seung-Gi really thought he is SOG:D) It helps that Seung Gi is still is still physically fit due to his military training and happy to share his army stories (which I actually like:)

OMG I love that Master In The House show. I never expected it to become funny and interesting. All of the members are unique in their own way. I love how fed up Yang se Hyeong when Seung gi started to use some military terms in daily conversations. Just like in 1st episode when Sunmi had to listen to Ohgong talking about military. Lee Seung Gi is not acting as Oh Gong, HE IS OH GONG! :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Geez.. this pairing is like one step forward and two steps back. :bawling: Can't they just be happy together????

And the preview for ep 10 isn't helping at all!! What's with the cold attitude to Sunmi?!? Waeee??? Please just realize that both of you love each other even

GGG!!! :bawling: I can't handle more angst!! Go Sunmi! Go get your man back!! And Ohgong, come back to your sense! You love Sunmi for who she is. Not because of the bracelet!!

hes being cold because he doesnt want to show his true feelings :(

3 hours ago, mufalo said:

He can't hold back anymore from who? SM or BS? I guess that's the main question. But if he really falls in love with BS, I'll be very disappointed. Plus it's good that tomorrow will be next episode. I could not wait to wait until next week

he will "love" her due to bracelet.

3 hours ago, briseis said:

The situation with the Book Seller is really an ingenious way for OG and SM to realize that true love can't be created or defeaded by any magic and that what they feel for each other is real. Once again huge kudos to the Hong Sisters for this amazing  story and idea :wub:

exactly ;p

3 hours ago, haymochi said:

Sunmi life is just so pitiful.. why give this fate to her?!

no parents, famliy who despise her, bullied at school, haunted by demons all her life, and now falling in love with such painful fate?

Oh Gong is still hot and cold to her. This storybook demon will def make them realize that they love each other so much.

And how is this storybook demon so powerful?!! Sunmi is no longer samjang... gaaah!!!

if she claims herself as the new samjang, i hope she will be eaten by those monkey ape demons!!!:crazy:

shes no longer samjang? im pretty sure it cant be removed that easy . The bracelet has nothing to do with being samjang.

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Interesting preview. I like how the bookseller is telling OG that he has to love her now, but OG is flat out refusing to acknowledge the bookseller as the true owner of the geumgango, which is also a way of saying the true owner of his heart. It's actually rather romantic in an OG kind of way. :)

I think its because he loves someone else ;p

2 hours ago, kjesin said:

Because I have nothing else to do and I'm in Hwayugi withdrawal, here's another translations.

SM finding out she became SJ because of OG.

58 minutes ago, rocat said:

Doesn’t the bracelet need a kiss to work?

if the bookseller took SJ’s form and was rejected by OG, does it means she has less or no control over him? What is she so happy about then? What is she doing?! Give it back!! Gahhh. Thorn in my side.

MW cracked me up with his piano playing...he’s a nut but my kind of nut. Heh.

* I am watching Master in the House too. What fun they have!

it would make sense for a kiss to work considering its to make you love each other.

2 hours ago, kjesin said:

SM: It still could be a good fate.

MW: There's no way. It's definitely(?) an ill-fated destiny.

SM: How can you be so sure?

MW: Because the one who changed your fate was SOG. As a punishment for releasing SOG, you became SJ.

SM: What are you...

*flashback*

MW: I'm saying that because of SOG, you were fated to be SJ. Since that guy clearly knows it too, if you don't believe me, call him and ask him yourself.

SM: Is it the truth? Is it, SOG? That's what happened?

OG: Yes. You had to live specially like that because of me.

SM: I see. You and I meeting was really just a misfortune. If you weren't in my life, I wouldn't have became something like SJ. I shouldn't have met you.

damn shes so mean.

• Like 1

I think that SM is no longer SJ because of that BS took away a little part of SM's soul. The part when she was young, when she became SJ. The part when she met SOG. And BS placed that part in the book like she did with all the kids. If it's true then SM won't remember OG anymore. I hope that i'm wrong
This all is so sad :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I think SOG plays a prank with SM and the BS. He smiled at her after she said she is the new owner. GGG has sealed his heart. How should someone other become the owner? It does not make sense. Also there is still their contract. He said that a contract between a human is strong. She didn't gave her identity as Jin Seon Mi up. So its just to show that SOG feelings are sincere and that SM should already know that although he isnt telling her. Like she is so into not to believe SOG. Ok I can really understand her after she was deceived by him and waited so many years for him. But I am pretty sure there is a behind story where SOG was over the years. That he didn't leave her side even though he took the memory of his name, so she can't call him. There is always this " Ohhh he was always there for her" effect in K Drama world. 

Its getting tense and sad. But I really love this drama so much. Happy that it has 20 Episodes. Because 16 would be to short to fullfill our hearts with lot of lovey dovey sences. :wub:

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mufalo said:

I think that SM is no longer SJ because of that BS took away a little part of SM's soul. The part when she was young, when she became SJ. The part when she met SOG. And BS placed that part in the book like she did with all the kids. If it's true then SM won't remember OG anymore. I hope that i'm wrong

i dont think that will happen :( but i could see a good reason for that , OG could fall in love for real this time ;p

I still thinks shes SJ though its not something someone with a book could change. 

• Like 4

Last thought before I go sleep off the angst....Displacing SM as SJ and becoming the owner of the bracelet is akin to defeating a wizard and taking over his wand. A wand no matter how powerful is nothing without the original wizard. Though the bookseller may be a SJ, she shouldn’t be able to wield as much control over OG as the original SJ. 

By right, her presence should facilitate the epic confession I wld like to see and when tt is done, be vanquished by chomping cos she is a SJ albeit a demonic one. Then OG might hv the power to break free from the bracelet and have a real wedding with not-a-SJ and have monkey kids before the politician triggers the apocalypse.  Monkey family will then fight it with Bull, Pig and Zombie, emerging victorious. Happily ever after. The end! 

Almost all the eps so far hint to a murky end. I hope the show would not be one with a crummy finish. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, mufalo said:

That is what I'm wondering too, if she forgets SOG and possibly everyone else she's met due to that meeting.

Thanks for the callout @packmule3.  I mainly lurk but comment every once in a while.  I too, like you, think that SOG has been around SM since that time he left her as a child.  It will be interesting to see if that was the case........ 

• Like 4

Just my two cents or 500 won in this case. 

Was SOG interested in SM before putting on the bracelet (ggg) ?

Most definitely. 1. Interested in her defiance.

2. Admired her willing to live. Thought it was cool. Similarly to his survival instinct.

3. Felt a little bit guilty in realizing he was the cause of her punishment (in becoming SamJang)

4. Liked that he received a present from her(even though it took him a while to remember that he had it in the first place).

This is his personal odyssey. To stop being an animal with tons of impulses. To become more humane. Similar to the differences between humans and animals. I think that’s the main reason he was cast out of heaven. I doubt he was betrayed by a human because of love. —he seems to be to naive in regards to being in a relationship.

Now in the next episodes we will most likely see a realization of that he truly does love her. SM will most likely feel more anguished. Lots of misunderstandings in this relationship! But I believe she will come to the realization that she can’t live without him regardless if his feelings are real or not. Most likely she will fight for him.....

Edited by nrbrown
  • Like 4

I'm so excited for episode 10 because this is going exactly where I want it:

Will true love triumph over fake love? Can true love break any spell, even if it was cast by the Heaven? Is SM’s and OG’s love for each powerful enough to break the magical leash? Will Son Oh Gong come if Seon Mi calls his name? Will their contract be still in effect? And will it be powerful enough?

tumblr_p38dipfCad1s8t96qo1_540.pngtumblr_p38dipfCad1s8t96qo3_540.png

• Like 15

More than sure,Oh Gong will let that Storyteller Demon "control" him making her think she has him onder her spell for SunMi to have her so desired normal life and get away from her punishment...The problem will come when he realizes he can't live without her,not because of the bracelet spell but his own heart that wants her by his side...So he will put a "show" to make her detach herself from them(deities)and return to her own place among her kind with all that "you're not special to me anymore now"...That's why more than sure he says that it's hard to control himself pretending he doesn't care for her at all...

Quite curious when they will find out about the death bell she has...Really hope Ma Wang can become a deity so he can save his beloved,their fate is sooo tragic and yet sooo beautiful,as he loved her all this time...Sadly like the SUmmer Fairy said,there is not a single deity-human couple to have a happy ending that is true as one will grow old right under the other's eyes and die while the diety will remain just as young and beautiful and suffer being left alone...

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

More than sure,Oh Gong will let that Storyteller Demon "control" him making her think she has him onder her spell for SunMi to have her so desired normal life and get away from her punishment...The problem will come when he realizes he can't live without her,not because of the bracelet spell but his own heart that wants her by his side...So he will put a "show" to make her detach herself from them(deities)and return to her own place among her kind with all that "you're not special to me anymore now"...That's why more than sure he says that it's hard to control himself pretending he doesn't care for her at all...

That's what the writers may be aiming for! With Han-Joo saying how he can't make her happy, Sam-Jang saying that it was a misfortune for them to meet and Mawang and the Summer Fairy asserting that they are an ill-fated couple. He really is a lot more selfless than I thought and I love it how he lets his guard down whenever he's with her.

I'm ready to see the difference between the GGG love and real love and how this will affect the dynamics in their relationship. A positive thing I can note : Jonathan has stopped appearing, yeah :D though I loved the jealousy he induced in OG, I didn't like him as much as the character Jonathan. He has this image of SJ that is not realistic at all and despite her objection ('My life is more like a horror movie') he insists on this image which irritated me.

Prepare your tissues for tomorrow....

• Like 6