[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

16 minutes ago, Wotad said:

5% for cable still good 

which drama aired final ep? 

I think you make a good point but if she locked him in there he would have hated her and would have been shocked.

I dont agree with this past life stuff because he would have hated her from the first episode but still like reading theory's.

5% is still very good as hitting 3% is already considered decent

it's just people expectations are getting higher cos it keeps breaking record with each ep.

Hmmm... we need to dwell on Oh Gong reason for imprisonment asap as it will make the story moves along... and this big mission of Samjang to save the world. 

• Like 6

Yeah i know 5% is still considered good in cable i was just saying its kinda drop a lot since ep6 ratings is 6.9 or smthing like that . Either way it wont affect me from watching this drama till the end . I dont watch drama bcos of ratings anyway

• Like 8

And because of that, Summer fairy advices Sun Mi to not be confuse, to look for a person that she can love and stop trying to steal a spirit’s heart because it’s dangerous. Sa Bo Rii and Ma Wang knew about it too, How a mere human betrayed SOG before. I guess, in the past, the great sage fell in love with a human .

In their lib. convo; The great Sage said he shouldn’t  have started that kind of love in the first place and the great sage looks hurting when he said that. At the bar conversation where Sun Mi subtly confess her feelings for the great sage, that she like being with him.

Well from here, the two peoples involved, Sam Jang and Oh Gong, if we based it from the last week episodes, they seemed took the love path.

• Like 4

episode was only 60 minutes and subs were up when i looked for them . this episode was so funny , it’s fine tv when they don’t miss a beat . i was laughing at the humor , and felt the sad and then laughed without missing a beat . good job hwayugi team . and the meta and referencess are so rich . can we have more princess and gods rather than random demons ? they are so much better . and the mermaid plot was so well done . this is hong sisz at their best . 

oh gong’s first love probably betrayed him and thats a good backstory why he is like this and why he got locked up in the first place. his pain felt so real . and him sacrificing his chance to drink which he waited for 525 plus years to give sunmi a chance to meet her grandmother and not taking any credit for it was so touching . 

so much foreshadowing was going on i could barely keep up . frosty can’t freez anything for long because summer fairy will melt it right away . it was so hilarious how oh gong thinks he’s having a cold becuase his simptoms point to a cold by zombie buja . the trio oh gong buja and sa oh jeon are my fave this episode . it also lighten up oh gongs mood when he’s with them so i want more !!!

mawang and sec dog are the best duo for comedy plus lee han joon .

• Like 3

I must say the actors and actresses are amazing in this drama... I don't remember myself watching a drama where i loved ALL the characters..  we know how good MW and SOG are but those who acted in these roles are fabulous in my opinion....

(a) Buja - she is so lovable as a zombie... You can understand why PK is protective towards her..

(b) General Frost/Summer Fairy - He is so amazing as Summer Fairy..very elegant and full of love.. Everytime Summer Fairy is on screen, i don't feel that it's a man acting...i am in awe of "her" presence..kudos to the actor

(c) Alice.. When she is possessed by octopus spirit... .the love-struck look which switches to arrogant prince's look....I was like WOW! She was just an annoying actress before she was possessed...

(D) even PK.. He is quite layered too..i can't wait for his story to unfold... 

(E) Secretary Ma - she is a romantic at heart... Love how loyal she is.. I loved her expressions... From the unapologetic look she gave to SJ when she wants to kill her.. To the blissful look she has when she thought of a romantic meeting between SJ and Jonathan...  

I do hope the acting team will receive loads of love from Korean audience... 

• Like 4

I'm running so late in catching up the episodes but finally made time to complete episode 5, and damn it just keeps on getting better, it's one of those dramas wherein even if you read the recap, the watching experience is just different.... 

About the episode, okay I didn't get much about the Japanese girl's storyline neither the purpose nor what it wanted to convey, but that's okay Coz I didn't really watch the episode for it in the first place.. Also I have a doubt about it, will the girl's story continue? Coz she did say everyone who knows about her must die and also because she's still roaming around I'm curious will it continue or was it just a story without a closure? 

I'm loving the way SOG and JSM are progressing, like it's not like most  love stories where they first only fight and the become close, here SOG continuously keeps on taking two steps ahead in the relationship and then four steps behind, he just keeps on oscillating between a jerk ND a fool in love... No wonder Sun Mi is reluctant to him, I really don't blame her, in fact I totally understand why she rejected (?) him and told him that she doesn't want to like him, it's her way of protecting her Heart from getting broken. But then again it's not like you can really control liking someone, while your mind might follow your orders, your heart sadly doesn't, and I think that's the reason why even after all that OG does or tells she somehow does find her way back to OG, OG too for that Matter might chalk it to the effects of GGG, but his words and actions never match, his words may be rudest and hurtful but even the thought of "his" Samjang in danger is enough to pain him... 

Speaking of pain, I saw a totally different MA Wang in the film when he saw his wife, I think I saw pain and desperation (?)  in him when he saw her, I really hope that he becomes a diety and frees his wife from this continuous cycle. Also must Commend CSW for his acting, he's a seasoned actor and it shows, he's probably having the time of his life playing the different starkly different shades of Mw. Must say when he and OG are together they behave like petty play school kids.. It's really amusing to watch... 

However there was one thing that owned the episode for me, "for her sake, SOG burned down an entire world" asgshsjsjshsh, damn it made me swoony and gave me some major chills at the same time. To what extent would SOG go for her, I hope the line was just for the purpose of swoons and not a hint of future. Because if upon the monkey if he doesn't mind destroying one world for her he could surely do anything to protect her and if she's the offering to stop the gates of hell  from opening, SOG would rather let the whole world burn down and get her safe, well in that case the one to protect the world would be indirectly responsible for the destruction.. But knowing Hong sisters they'd introduce all the heavy story elements in the later half so until then I'm gonna enjoy the two - faced hot and cold monkey.... 

P. S. - that turned out to be an essay, sorry for the long post.. 

P. P. S- there's one thing I didn't comprehend or may be it's just my pervy mind acting up, so when SM is in the movie reel she has a different dress, before she entered the movie she was in her black dress, how dafaq did she get into that green dress in the theater with SOG.. B) (who helped her change btw or was it just magic :wub:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, haymochi said:

Maybe it dropped due to the other drama airing final ep?

anyway let's just forget about rating.  with such a good show , we should enjoy the drama pleasantly 

i guess Oh Gong imprisonment has something to do with a human  or Sunmi past life.  This sounds like a major heartbreak... Sunmi said if she ever betrayed him, he can stab her heart and i also heard in the preview Oh Gong said "If you die, i die too"

Gosh....

Actually, OG said, "If you tell me to die, I'll die."

I don't know if anyone else has already done this already but here's the translations of the preview.

OG: Don't leave me behind.

SM: The great sage, Son Oh Gong.

MW: One will die and

SM: What is it?

OG: They said you're gonna kill me.

MW: the other will kill. When they met each other with the destiny of death (Not sure about this one.)

OG: You're the only thing in this world that can kill me.

SM: Son Oh Gong

OG: Because if you tell me to die, I'll die.

SM: Thank You.

OG: I love you, Jin Sung Mi.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE EPISODE TONIGHT. I'LL BE LIVE STREAMING IT.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

Hwayugi: Episode 7

by javabeans

hwayugi7-00426.jpg

There’s something nicely intricate about the way today’s plots weave together—and also something satisfying about the way the primary motif plays off our main couple’s relationship in a fitting way, but opposite to the way we might expect. Because fairy tales are fun and all, but better with a twist.

EPISODE 7 RECAP

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/01/hwayugi-episode-7/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Wotad said:

Why though its weird to dive that much for pretty much no reason its odd ;p 

did a new show start?

On DC Inside the commenters and news was all about how the last episode focused too much on the love line. People want it to get back to the main storyline and they want to see more of Ma-wang and Nathal (the fallen goddess). I love the Ma-wang and Nathal storyline, so I definitely want more of that. I am waiting for their OST to come out from the bar scene in the old film reel.

I liked the last episode though! That octopus prince was so out of left field and had me rolling when he became Alice. And did the octopus fall in love with PK? Because it sure looked like it in that photoshoot.

I'm live recapping today! Here is the link if you're following along.

https://www.bah-doo.com/hwayugi-korean-odyssey-live-recap-episode-8/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Princess Iron Fan fate was really sad indeed :bawling:

i want kim ji soo to appear more too but wasn't it stated that the actress only going to make a cameo appearance?

i'm praying for more of an action pack episode with a flavour of 503 love story as well. It was swoony like ep 5 and 6....when he burnt the world, etc

as funny was ep 7 , i think there were too much fillers . The few minutes of the ending made up the whole episode

Ps. Although i think this drama insert their PPL in a very smart way haha. Like Mawang cosmetics, the thermos, and so on. I'm not annoyed by them

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, V said:

On DC Inside the commenters and news was all about how the last episode focused too much on the love line. People want it to get back to the main storyline and they want to see more of Ma-wang and Nathal (the fallen goddess). I love the Ma-wang and Nathal storyline, so I definitely want more of that. I am waiting for their OST to come out from the bar scene in the old film reel.

I liked the last episode though! That octopus prince was so out of left field and had me rolling when he became Alice. And did the octopus fall in love with PK? Because it sure looked like it in that photoshoot.

I'm live recapping today! Here is the link if you're following along.

https://www.bah-doo.com/hwayugi-korean-odyssey-live-recap-episode-8/

Im not really interested in anyone else apart from the two main characters tbh ;p 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

@V Lovely! I will be sure to follow the live recap. Thanks so much for the effort- it alleviates the excruciating wait for ENG subs. 

@briseis You have such wonderful, artful interpretation of the show. I feel like I am in a literature class. Keep them coming! 

3 more mins now...

• Like 4

Just finished Ep 7 and so many reaction memes which can be used!

I love how the story of the mermaid ties in with the overall story about love unrequited. And SOG's emphasis that humans cannot be trusted (cannot wait for that backstory!)

RVbLXE.gif

PS. That last scene in the preview when he declares he loves her. THAT sounded sincere.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10