[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

This episode was really fun! I still want to know about the end of the world though!. When will they mention it? From the preview it doesn't look like it will make an appearance tomorrow.

• Like 4

Ah I am definitely getting stressed by the whole "I'll die by your hands" talk. Basically, SM can kill OG now because he loves her, which would explain why he has been trying to get rid of her. Now it's too late and he can die by her hands. I so hope that killing him won't be the solution to preventing the end of the world... But I totally see that one coming... Like killing him would release enough energy to close the gates of hell or sthg like that. Damn...

• Like 7
  • Sad 4

Now that I watched th episode and the kiss it's clear that those first 2 stills of the kiss actually show the aftermath of the kiss which we will get to see in episode 8 since they show SM with her eyes closed and she closed them only in the very end. I can't wait :D

tumblr_p2tufbsICL1s8t96qo2_r1_1280.jpgtumblr_p2tufbsICL1s8t96qo1_r1_1280.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

So their faces collided. Another touchdown! Yay! SJ looked like she arching in discomfort with the distance between them? As much as I like LSG, I much prefer the Sung Hoon method of pulling close before the landing. Heh. This ep looks fun! Thanks for the recap! So made my day!

I wonder though...which human betrayed OG all those years ago?

Edited by rocat
  • Like 2

This show made me fall in love with Lee Seung Gi i didn't realize he was this good a actor . 

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

Ah I am definitely getting stressed by the whole "I'll die by your hands" talk. Basically, SM can kill OG now because he loves her, which would explain why he has been trying to get rid of her. Now it's too late and he can die by her hands. I so hope that killing him won't be the solution to preventing the end of the world... But I totally see that one coming... Like killing him would release enough energy to close the gates of hell or sthg like that. Damn...

if either die ill be sad but its Korea most Korean shows have a depressing ending , if he was the solution then why do they need her? 

Also he hasn't really been trying to get rid of her, even without the bracelet he didnt really want her to die. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Well... she may kill him but we still get an even happier ending when because he has learned humanity, how to love, to care for humans because of her he gets his reward of getting back into heaven but chooses to be reborn as a human. Or They could both die and enter heaven to be together along with MW and his Love. 

I would not mind  either of those two pretty likely alternatives because her staying a living human with her destiny and him staying a living demigod as they are means they can’t ever be really happy on earth. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Well... she may kill him but we still get an even happier ending when because he has learned humanity, how to love, to care for humans because of her he gets his reward of getting back into heaven but chooses to be reborn as a human. Or They could both die and enter heaven to be together along with MW and his Love. 

I would not mind  either of those two pretty likely alternatives because her staying a living human with her destiny and him staying a living demigod as they are means they can’t ever be really happy on earth. 

she would never kill him and i dont think he would ever kill her, i could see them both dying and enter heaven together that could be a decent ending.

If one dies and leaves the other alone ill hate it ,  he gets his reward of getting back into heaven but chooses to be reborn as a human - could also be good. 

I dont want a depressing ending please. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Wotad said:

This show made me fall in love with Lee Seung Gi i didn't realize he was this good a actor . 

if either die ill be sad but its Korea most Korean shows have a depressing ending , if he was the solution then why do they need her? 

Well because he cannot be killed. Like MS cannot kill him; only somebody he loves (I guess) can kill him, hence at this point only SM can kill him. So that is why she has to be there, that is why Soobori made sure that SM and OG's destiny were to be linked.

22 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I dont want a depressing ending please. 

Me neither...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

Well because he cannot be killed. Like MS cannot kill him; only somebody he loves (I guess) can kill him, hence at this point only SM can kill him. So that is why she has to be there, that is why Soobori made sure that SM and OG's destiny were to be linked.

Me neither...

uhm i dont believe hes un killable without SM, has that been proven? 

Even so she wont kill him. 

30 minutes ago, Wotad said:

uhm i dont believe hes un killable without SM, has that been proven? 

Even so she wont kill him. 

He did mention in episode 6 that he was imprisoned in that house because he was still fine after been sealed and roasted for 49 days. So it seems like they tried to kill him but couldn't so they decied to imprison him instead.

P.s.

I don't think it will be a sad ending even if we may cry rivers in the last episodes. Looking at the hong sisters track record the otp always end up together. There is always a moment of separation sometimes a very frustrating moment of separation but in the end they always end together.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Cayu18 said:

He did mention in episode 6 that he was imprisoned in that house because he was still fine after been sealed and roasted for 49 days. So it seems like they tried to kill him but couldn't so they decied to imprison him instead.

Yup, plus today's episode and preview for tomorrow's episode seem to be pointing to that too.

@Wotad I do agree, I doubt she'll kill him. I don't think she'll be able to.

In another note, I liked that song at the end during the kiss. OST part 5?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, astrobooy said:

Ill patiently wait for the subs to come out again . :D But seems like tonights episode is so fun might want to watch it in raw tomorrow. 

Today's episode had me rolling. Worth the watch in the raw!

1 hour ago, carolinedl said:

Yup, plus today's episode and preview for tomorrow's episode seem to be pointing to that too.

@Wotad I do agree, I doubt she'll kill him. I don't think she'll be able to.

In another note, I liked that song at the end during the kiss. OST part 5?

Yep! It looks like it is an unreleased OST from Ben and will be released on the 27th.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

You have to give it to the Hong Sisters for creating such an intriguing character like Son Oh Gong. Each episode reveals a new fascinating puzzle piece to the mystery that is the Monkey King. 

He wasn’t always a complete cynic, he used to be friends with humans, he trusted once. But once bitten, twice shy and it’s only apt and logical that he would end up like this and protect himself behind an armour of cynicism since it was a human who betrayed him and who caused him all the pain of being roasted alive for 49 days and robbed of his freedom for hundreds of years as a punishment. It explains why he betrayed SM all those years ago - because rather than to be betrayed once again he betrayed her before she could betray him. It explains why he holds humans in comtempt and looks at them with so much cynicism. It sheds a new light on what he told BJ about getting revenge and also why he decided to help the mermaid punish her killer even if it meant hurting a human, why he tells SM that he has no reason to care what happens to the human. And I truly admire the Hong Sisters for letting the mermaid to mete out her punishment instead of the usual trope of forgiving the person and letting the human justice take over - death is too quick and too merciful for some crimes. Which leaves the question, did Oh Gong get his revenge? 

cgAwfmN.jpg

The betrayal was a lifechanging moment in Oh Gong’s life and it’s what shaped his personality - why he possesses the hint of darkness and full-blown cynicism about humans and love you don’t see in the other demons like Ma Wang and PK - AS IF THERE WAS SOMETHING BROKEN DEEP INSIDE HIM - and it also explains WHY HE FIGHTS TOOTH AND NAIL AGAINST CARING FOR A HUMAN.

duiDdMD.jpg

Finally, it explains why he took such interest in Seon Mi from the beginning - it was a human who betrayed and hurt him and now there is this human girl who saved him, who trusts him and who also cares about him and protects him when he has only known hurt and betrayal from humans. However, on the other hand, he did the same thing to SM that was done to him - he betrayed her and then let her bear the consequences and punishment.

tumblr_p2vhuz3Q3x1s8t96qo5_540.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Completely agree with everything above , he was hurt and betrayed by humans in the past so why would he care about them now but i do think he cares about her. He is fighting against it but he clearly does care about her with or without the bracelet. 

He shouldn't care about humans that is his character he shouldn't be saving humans that is not his character at all , he only care's about her that is it. 

His character has so many layers and is so interesting. 

• Like 11