[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Heehee i hope the director can stay for some more time to make our monkey jealous haha

I'm still curious about his character though. He doesn't seem to be just a mere human who likes Sunmi....

i want to see some ground breaking character from Sunmi. She has been so solemn and serious since she grew

up alone for so many years.  I see her character as graceful and realistic but some people may find her too simple

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Heehee i hope the director can stay for some more time to make our monkey jealous haha

I'm still curious about his character though. He doesn't seem to be just a mere human who likes Sunmi....

i want to see some ground breaking character from Sunmi. She has been so solemn and serious since she grew

up alone for so many years.  I see her character as graceful and realistic but some people may find her too simple

yes, I'm sure there are more backstories of the director, and how will respond to seeing the kiss? and most importantly how will SOG react to his exsistence in SJ's life.. I could smell jealous monkey ahead.. hehehe

I'm kindda nerveous about BJ stories that will be revealed soon, I'm sure it will cause a huge impact on SOG and SJ, and how heartbreaking will it be for PK..

• Like 5

To the new guy, You seems like a good guy and your english sounds amazing, but we are #Team50Forever !! You can't compete with Great Sage :tongue:

That kiss scene, I wish it was longer :wink: maybe they will show more of kiss scene for tomorrow's opening. And the background song that played during the kiss, it was so so great. Maybe OST part 5?? Can't wait for it.

Ma Wang's wink scenes were so funny. CSW nailed it! He looks intimidating and cool and sometimes scary, but he nailed those comedic scenes. :heart:

• Like 9

Of course team 503!! But it's always fun to see jealous and petty Monkey haha

Samjang also already drew a clear line that she loves Oh Gong and even willing to be stabbed in the heart by him

i also notice Oh Gong said in this drama "i will not let you disappear/die before me"

i sense a heavy heartbreak in this love story... :cry:

• Like 8

You know this is completely my subjective musing but while watching the show I’ve always felt that Son Oh Gong reminded me vaguely of another character and then when he said that he’s done so much for Seon Mi I realized Oh Gong reminded me of Jareth, the Goblin King from Labyrinth. 

mXqvUdr.jpg

They are not similar per se - Oh Gong has much more depth and complexity, he isn’t such a sinister character either and Lee Seung Gi has more acting prowess in his litte finger than David Bowie ever did - but there is a similiar vibe about them. The sense of danger, the immense power and abilities which allow them to do pretty much everything, including reshaping time and space; there is that hint of darkness in Oh Gong, he is capricious and seductive and just like Jareth he’s trying to manipulate the female lead into giving up in their game, and there is also the hidden longing and admiration for her. Plus they are both kings in their own right - one of goblins, the other of monkeys. And the way Oh Gong looks at SM like he would really want her to be his and for her to like him for real, reminds me of that famous quote:

jxlYetn.jpg

“Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave!” 

And also:

“Everything that you wanted I have done… I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for you! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn’t that generous?” 

tumblr_p2u16tY5Hx1s8t96qo7_540.png

• Like 8

Ma Wang reaction is just hilarious, but his enjoyment was halt when The great Sage kissed Sun Mi abruptly after saying HE MISSED HER (bogoshiposo).

The king monkey is possessive and very territorial.  Now, Sun Mi is already branded. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

LOL I love how our Great Sage couldn't stand the sight of them together even for 30 sec and he just went there and made a scene kissing her in front of everyone like "Undestood?". At first I thought he was gonna suffer in silence for awhile, but THIS is so him. And there will be plenty of time for angst later, now just give more kisses :ph34r:

• Like 8

Agree with all people here... SOG really looks so handsome and manly like that... He just marked JSM as his... Really excited for tomorrow episode, I hope I can get streaming links tomorrow... I wanna watch, curious what will happen... But as I remember they often jump scene like previous...

• Like 3

Myultimate otp is of course 503 course couple

but how happy am i when there is someone who loves Sunmi sincerely.  It's heartwarming when Sunmi smiled brightly looking at the drawing by the first love oppa.

He never sees her as.  weirdo with that even with that umbrella...  i think i love him already

• Like 3

Finished watching it RAW...

Hahahahahaa.. I had huge fun. MW was so mischievous. He had a full Drama Screen in his Head already and just waited to see O-Gong in Pain. How can he still underestimate OG. He should know that this Guy is unpredictable and never easy to handle. Gosh - OG was cool. I am sooo happy Seung Gi took this role.

And he had the chance to drink Whisky - but he gave it up so Sun Mi could see her Grandma. Wow... Even for the bracelet I think he should not do this - thats just because of his heart.

I like Zombie now more and more - i don´t wont her do die in the end. Ah wait - she is dead - I mean I don´t want her to leave in the end.

And what more for now.... I got a strange feeling when OG said he will not die before Sun Mi...

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

@haymochi i'm still here with OYS but rarely visit soompi for a moment .. hehehee... 

at least finally the director and screenwriter start the pure relationship between SM & SOG ... not robotic love... heheheee...

SM respect any relationship, even they animal like the previous mermaid case, it's the line for the next level between monkey and human..  so it's a perfect time to start love between SM & SOG

Tonight, SM confusing face with big eyes reaction while being kissed by monkey SOG is really funny, like hold breath in the water ...

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, eve_wu said:

@haymochi i'm still here with OYS but rarely visit soompi for a moment .. hehehee... 

at least finally the director and screenwriter start the pure relationship between SM & SOG ... not robotic love... heheheee...

SM respect any relationship, even they animal like the previous mermaid case, it's the line for the next level between monkey and human..  so it's a perfect time to start love between SM & SOG

Tonight, SM confusing face with big eyes reaction while being kissed by monkey SOG is really funny, like hold breath in the water ...

Lol that kiss was so unpredictable... of course she was shocked

Monkey always comes up with surprises....

• Like 7

Is it me or did they shorten the episodes.. (did I miss why explained in this thread?).

I loved the episode and especially enjoyed OG at the end. I never liked third parties getting in the middle of an already complicated issue. And MW always underestimates OG and then when he sets OG off to retaliate he seems mad or confused. Well OG showed him at the end of the episode today. NO one and I mean No one is going to get in the middle of him and Sun Mi. I loved his response to the director. I also love that given OG's personality he is possessive of Sun Mi and can be very jealous if provoked.

Honestly OG and MW are like two toddlers sometimes having a bad play date. One moment things are fine and they are sharing toys and being besties and in the next moment there is a tantrum an argument some hits the other and takes all the toys and someone wants to go home! LOL... I think because they both have been around a long time and know one another is why things do not end up in a huge brawl and they end up destroying the world. They are really the ultimate friend-enemy. (I expect some guilt on both their parts too for things they have done or caused to happen to one another.. i.e. MW's wife's fate at having to die time and time again only to be reborn to live a harsh life.)

OG's giving up being able to taste whiskey to give her the gift of seeing her grandmother was sweet and I loved him sitting alone in his special place and having that small smile knowing that although he gave up what he really wanted so she could have what she really needed and wanted he was happy.

I would really like this third party arc with the director to end quickly and not be prolonged. Of course I know I may be the minority here (LOL). I would rather they have more instances to understand one another and that although they may say one thing know that they mean another.

I love the entire monster gang that is around OG, SM and MW. All the supporting characters and I too hope that Zombie girl is allowed to remember what happen and find her mother who is in the hospital. Either she gets a chance to live as she is (or can be returned to human) or is able to transcend into a different being altogether and be with PK. I think she would be a good sidekick for Sun Mi later on and I think it is one of the things that Sun Mi has never had are a group of friends (even if they are gods and monsters) that will not shun her or make her feel small or alienated because of who she is or what she can do. Its very telling that the monsters who have the ability to do amazing things are more accepting of her and are able to extend friendship (even if some want to eat her) over humans who can be very cruel.

I look forward to seeing how OG and SM turn out and I hope we are able to get a real romance out of them even though the original story had SJ as a man and no romance.

• Like 11