[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

2 hours ago, haymochi said:

another actress aph Yoon Ah is said to make an appearance. Her character is related to Lee Seung Gi character :huh:

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

i'm curious about ASN real form.. maybe the actress Oh Yoon Ah will act as ASN in flashback.

guessing from the dialogues with Sunmi, samjang and ASN are really similar. They are both human with special ability but ASN is used , betrayed, and killed.

Apologies for cutting your posts @haymochi and also thanks for all the great information and insights you provide!!  

Random Thoughts: 

So, if this new actress is 1) related to SOG and 2) playing ASN then could the king that betrayed her possibly be the same human that betrayed SOG? Both events happened 1000 years ago, correct?

Also, WF is related to ASN via SF and also very tight with SOG.  Could his "freezing of the world" be related to the same SOG human betrayal incident?  Or did he freeze the world for ASN to save SF?  Another theory on SF.  Maybe the king that ASN wanted was in love with SF, hence ASN took her out of the picture but allowed her soul to survive in return for WF's help?  

I agree @marinated_lemon that the duality of SF/WF is interesting, I'm so looking forward to learning their backstory.  

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 I think that while PK calls BJ little brother their relationship is not the same as General Winter and the Summer Fairy.  Those two are brother and sister,  you can see it in the way they interact. They have a sibling kind of vibe. It is more matter of fact in their sibling kind of understanding of each other. PK and BJ  have a different feel.  There is a chemistry there that is not brotherly.  I think that PK calls BJ brother because he does have feelings for her but given that he has always been a love and leave them type of playboy he does not know how to recognize a real love or even what to do with how that he feels it. Calling her brother is a way to distance himself from his emotions.  But, no matter how he tries to redefine his feelings he still wants to take care of her,  protect her and in the end love her even if it means destroying her.   Because she was young and innocent and he is young in understanding real emotional romantic love, both treat each other in that delightful crush kind of way.  That is what made them so cute to watch in the beginning.

• Like 6

I am still stuck on the fate that the black death bell predicts.  Could one way out of this be that when ANS is in SM 's body they kill her soul and then SM would be free to go back to her own body and that way the fate would be fulfilled? I just want there to be a way out of this dark destiny.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hwayugi Funny, Firey, Fill-In-the-Blanks, Round 1 Results!

Thank you for everyone's support and to those who participated!:wub:

@stargazer187:
Episode 12 text preview:
Oh Gong has realized that wearing the episodes can really watch him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are oppas who are a match made in preview, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their preview fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the main lead where they sang to an evil spirit, a fluffy sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Hyun Bin’ is revealed to be dancing within… Falling to his knees he cries, Oh drama! Look what you've done to me!

(Gamehost commentary: Indeed, what has it done to us all?)

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to eat no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel handsome.
OG: Of course it’s handsome. But… when I thought that Seo In Guk also could be the one to eat, I feel more cute. It’s cute for me and it’s cute for Park Seo Joon too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Yoon Hyun Min shot.
OG: Yoon Hyun Min did that, didn’t he? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that boyfriend has completely lost it.

(Gamehost commentary: Hmm… This is the stuff that inspires the scene where OG dragged MW into an elevator…)

---

@rocat:

Episode 12 text preview:
Oh Gong has realized that wearing the Fork can really bend him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are Aji3s who are a match made in peanut, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their peanut fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the bush where they peeked an evil spirit, an amorous sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Gong Yoo’ is revealed to be smacked within… It’s all because,sarang-haeyo

(Gamehost commentary: I sense a makjang thriller)

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to fly no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel lecherous.
OG: Of course it’s lecherous. But… when I thought that Park Bogum also could be the one to fly, I feel more gregarious. It’s gregarious for me and it’s gregarious for Kang Sora too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Rain flaunted.
OG: Rain did that, didn’t he? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that wizard has completely lost it. 
(Gamehost commentary: Park Bo-gum, changing lechery to sociability and making our games safe for all ages.)

----

@chunkyung_8690:
Episode 12 text preview: 
Oh Gong has realized that wearing the bedscene can really snore him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are hyungs who are a match made in octopus, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their octopus fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the milkshake where they swam an evil spirit, a pretentious sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Yoo Ah-In’ is revealed to be peeking within… uttering whispers ofJinjja daebak!” 

(Gamehost commentary: The truth comes out! The Jade Dragon, Great King Octopus, is a deity in charge of relationship fates! The question is, "What kind???")

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to fart no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel ill-fated.
OG: Of course it’s ill-fated. But… when I thought that Park Seo-Joon also could be the one to fart, I feel more sturdy. It’s sturdy for me and it’s sturdy for Ji Sung too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Kystal slapped.
OG: Krystal did that, didn’t she? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that WangSeja has completely lost it. 

(Gamehost commentary: The host takes no responsibility for loss of face caused to any celebrities featured in this game.)

---

Original texts:

Spoiler

Episode 12 text preview: Translation thx to @stroppyse

Oh Gong has realized that wearing the geumganggo can really kill him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are lovers who are a match made in heaven, Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their heaven fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the tree where they vanquished an evil spirit, a suspicious sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘Ah Sa Nyeo’ is revealed to be sealed within…

Episode 13 excerpt: Translation thx to @kjesin
OG: If one of us has to die no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel unfair.
OG: Of course it’s unfair. But… when I thought that she also could be the one dying, I feel more unfair. It’s unfair for me and it’s unfair for SJ too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what Heaven decided.
OG: Heaven did that, didn’t they?
MW: It seems that idiot has completely lost it. That… Should I call Soobori?

Like the game and want to play with your friends outside of Soompi? Here are the game ready texts:

Spoiler

Link to the game instructions and word examples

Episode 12 text preview: 

Oh Gong has realized that wearing the (noun) can really (verb) him. However, to Seon Mi who believes that she and Oh Gong are (noun describing a person)s who are a match made in (noun3), Oh Gong can’t tell the truth of their (noun3 repeats) fated relationship.
Meanwhile, beneath the (noun) where they (verb) an evil spirit, a(n) (adjective) sarcophagus is revealed, the betrayed lady ghost ‘(Kceleb name)’ is revealed to be (verb) within… (gamehost begins a new sentence if necessary) "(reaction phrase)"

Word list:

Noun:
Verb:
Noun (describing a person):
Noun:
Noun:
Verb:
Adjective:
Name a Kdrama celebrity who is not part of this cast:
Verb:

Reaction phrase (optional):

===

Episode 13 excerpt:
OG: If one of us has to (verb1) no matter what, I thought that definitely would be me.
MW: You must feel (adjective1).
OG: Of course it’s (adjective1 repeats). But… when I thought that (Kceleb name1) also could be the one to (verb1 repeats), I feel more (adjective2). It’s (adjective2 repeats) for me and it’s (adjective2 repeats) for (Kceleb name2) too. 
MW: It has nothing to do with me. It’s all what (Kceleb name3) (verb2).
OG: (Kceleb name3 repeats) did that, didn’t they? (Poofs away)
MW: It seems that (noun describing a person) has completely lost it.

Word list:

Verb:
Adjective:

Adjective:
Verb:
Noun (describing a person, e.g. secretary):

===

If you enjoyed a laugh, let us know what's your pick: a preview, peanut, or an octopus relationship? :tongue:

The next game round will be posted this weekend.

Tagging with gratitude: @Lmangla

• LOL 12

Since we're already on the episodes where the peak of conflicts are happening, I will give my take on the happy ending:

1. Since Samjang is destined to save the world - she will definitely not be locked up in that coffin forever.

2. She will be able to defeat ASN & since she already have shaman powers which I believe will be at full extent since her interaction with ASN.

3. She is the daughter if Iron Fan - which was punished as well by heavens to be reborn multiple times (possibly same time as her mother) and destined to see demons/cast out demons for greater good.

4. Since her mother's punishment has ended. Samjang punishment will end as well.

5. After fulfilling her destiny as Samjang and defeating ASN & the candidate, she may be able be granted with inmortality and will be able to be together with Oh-gong.

IM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT MA-WANG's REACTION IF IN CASE HE FOUND OUT SAMJANG IS THEIR CHILD. Lol

• Like 9

Oh my, what a cliff hanger! I just watched this week's episodes and feel almost cheated that it stopped there. Still confident that our OTP will overcome all difficulties though so not all that worried, it's just that I can't imagine how OG will find SM if she decides not to call him to protect him... The suspense....

• Like 5

Like Sunmi said . He probably sees her as food aka fried chicken lol

maybe he already fell in love the moment he saw her again.

with so many cameos for the next ep. I'm gonna be sad if samjang role is just to sleep.

just let ASN enters her body.. i'm sick of hearing people saying she is not pretty blah blah

comparing her to other  actress who is dolled up and her with plain jane clothing?pardon her for staying true to samjang role.

• Like 9

this is my first time posting after reading this forum for so long, everyones been predicting that ASN will wake up in SM body but what if her going in the coffin was a vision that she experiences and wakes up realizing that it didnt happen like when she dropped that glass cup?  Hope that makes sense

• Like 10

But that’s not who SOG loves. He fell for Sun Min the serious and sweet and drab. He doesn’t want sexy and seductive he wants his girl back. Or rather I bet he wants his Sun Mi  be herself but let herself be all Fifty shades at certain times and I am sincerely hoping the ending will give them that chance :wub:

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

Jin sun mi looking hot as hell lol

How will our monkey reacts? 

But he loves the plain , simple , kind hearted and innocent Sunmi 

gosh... morever that ASN will be going around seducing men :cry:. Poor OG i hope he is taking his blood pressure medicine 

poor Hanjoon too...what a weird boss he have. He is such a sweetheart who always thinks what's best for his boss lol.. imagine if ASN in Sunmi's body flirting with him as well

and whats people comparing lee seyoung and oh yeonseo? While these two sweethearts share sweet cute interactions on instagram.  

Lee seyoung "Unnie so pretty"

ohyeonseo "Buja is so pretty too :wub:"

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Okay.. since this ASN real self hasn't clearly shiwn to us. She is likely to be appeared in BJ's body and now SM. So seeing ASN in JSM makes me curious. I wonder why is she appeared as BJ in that soul's world (not sure if this the right word to call this), why didn't she appears as herself. Or does her soul has no face?

And since she's just a soul that means the blood she sheds onto the censer is not her blood? How can it be her blood? It's Buja's blood, this part didn't sit well with me, this is really bothered me. Anyone can explain a theory. Well I know this is dramaland, this all nosensical actully, I have thrown my logic out of the window, but let's say even the nonsensical has to be logical to be understood, no??

Yes, I agree. But it is such a glaring issue - about who's blood it is - that I think even in kdramafantasyland, they will actually have to address it.    I think this has to do with switching "souls" - I think the Sang Mi, is in the soul, not in the body. So i don't think ASN will be able to gain the love of the monkey like she plans. And i don't think she will get the strength of the Sang Mi either.  It will backfire.   But it is so silly and confusing, I am feeling pathetic trying to figure it out.  :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1