[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

ASN wants to have SJ maybe because she knows another power SJ had that others wasn't knows. Another power beside changing fate and moves the stars and awaken the dead body. 

Someone ask about JSM previous dream of her being in tradisional wedding dress, so basically because SJ and ASN slowly changing fate, that is why SJ dream herself in ASN position 1000 years ago. It's not about SJ previous life.

There are many possibilities of how SM can get out from the coffin:

1. Just like someone already mentioned before, that Han Jo can told OG of JSM traditional wedding ceremony dream, so from that OG can start to put up the puzzle together and finally find the coffin and free SM

Or

2. OG and JSM new contract that whenever OG call JSM, she will show up to save him. (It can happen if it really a contract not just conversation). So when SOG call JSM she can come to him and free from the coffin

Or

3. JSM who has power to see what happens in future, suddenly has a visions of OG being hurt by ASN so she want to get out from the coffin so she call OG. Or SM got the vision of ASN crush the world so she want to prevent her so she call SOG

Or

4. Demons teams work, and they finally found SM 

Or

5. SM who is in the coffin which placed in KDS living room, heard what ASN and KDS plan to run the world and doing evil things, make SM wants to free from coffin so she call SOG

Or

6. General Frost being beat up by OG and force him to tell where is SM, so OG can go find SM

Or 

7. SM will lock in the coffin until ASN being kill by OG

Ok those are some possibilities that my mind can think about, seriously this drama make me think harder than i used to be in the other drama i ever watched

Anyway just a reminder, don't forget about SM-OG contract can be nullify/cancelled when SM gave up her life. Omo :o if the contract is nullify because SM gave up her life and choose to be in the coffin, then when she call OG, OG will not hear it, omo this is scary, too much of thinking, hopefully this one is not going to happen :bawling:

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, dvrels said:

ASN wants to have SJ maybe because she knows another power SJ had that others wasn't knows. Another power beside changing fate and moves the stars and awaken the dead body. 

Someone ask about JSM previous dream of her being in tradisional wedding dress, so basically because SJ and ASN slowly changing fate, that is why SJ dream herself in ASN position 1000 years ago. It's not about SJ previous life.

1. Just like someone already mentioned before, that Han Jo can told OG of JSM traditional wedding ceremony dream, so from that OG can start to put up the puzzle together and finally find the coffin and free SM

Or

2. OG and JSM new contract that whenever OG call JSM, she will show up to save him. (It can happen if it really a contract not just conversation). So when SOG call JSM she can come to him and free from the coffin

Or

3. JSM who has power to see what happens in future, suddenly has a visions of OG being hurt by ASN so she want to get out from the coffin so she call OG. Or SM got the vision of ASN crush the world so she want to prevent her so she call SOG

Or

Or

5. SM who is in the coffin which placed in KDS living room, heard what ASN and KDS plan to run the world and doing evil things, make SM wants to free from coffin so she call SOG

Or

6. General Frost being beat up by OG and force him to tell where is SM, so OG can go find SM

Or 

Ok those are some possibilities that my mind can think about, seriously this drama make me think harder than i used to be in the other drama i ever watched

Anyway just a reminder, don't forget about SM-OG contract can be nullify/cancelled when SM gave up her life. Omo :o if the contract is nullify because SM gave up her life and choose to be in the coffin, then when she call OG, OG will not hear it, omo this is scary, too much of thinking, hopefully this one is not going to happen :bawling:

I like number 3

and it would be great if she managed to get out and goes head to head with ASN herself this time

i mean patriarch keeps saying she is more similar to samjang

• Like 5

I just want to say that I'm glad JSM finally knows about the death bell. There really was no gentle way to break this news to her. No matter who ended up telling her the truth, she would have been just as hurt and tried to retreat into herself to avoid reality. The same thing happened last time when she let the bookseller lock part of her soul away after she found out OG was responsible for her becoming SJ. Now she has locked herself in a coffin to run away from her reality again. It's sad but she really needed to know the truth for the story to progress. I was tired of her being the only ignorant one while everyone else knew the truth. Can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, dvrels said:

Or

Or

Or

Or

Or

Or 

Ur prediction # 6 just make me laugh out loud. I surely can umagine uri Oh Gong beating up General Frost :lol: :tongue:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

She needs to accept her fate.

it's saddening to see a strong woman who endured all those years of misfortunes and loneliness decided to give up her soul because of love. 

The Jisunmi who said

"Becauce i manage to survive all these years alone , i'm proud and think 'more preciously of myself. I want to grow old till my hair turns white"

Guess OG is really more precious than herself now :bawling:

please don't forget your fate as a samjang.m no matter how much you love OG. You need to be responsible..don't run away...

although even if she called OG the soul changing has already started a while ago anyway. Because of our betrayer General Frost

• Like 11

2 hours ago, haymochi said:

please don't forget your fate as a samjang.m no matter how much you love OG. You need to be responsible.. do 't run away...

Sorry for editing your post! It reminded me of what Superman said to Lois Lane “You are my world”. SOG is the world for her now. 

Oh has anyone seen this movie, “Reign of Assassins”?  It’s also a pretty touching love story and stars Jung Woo-sung. In that movie someone was telling this story which is quite touching: 

A young monk fell in love with a girl and Buddha asked him, “How much do you love her?” The young monk replied, “I would turn into a stone bridge and endure 500 years of wind, and endure 500 years of sunlight and 500 years of rain, and all I ask of her is to cross it.” ~Reign of Assassins

Love is a many splendored thing

• Like 11

I really think OG should have let SM know about the Death bell and that they'll fight that deadly fate together. The main reason SM chose to be sealed was because as soon as she heard about the death bell, she immediately realized that OG already knows and is willing to die instead of killing her.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kjesin said:

I really think OG should have let SM know about the Death bell and that they'll fight that deadly fate together. The main reason SM chose to be sealed was because as soon as she heard about the death bell, she immediately realized that OG already knows and is willing to die instead of killing her.

Right hiding the truth for with the reason "for your sake" never ended well.

he should  tell her about it and how they should fight together like he planned too.

Sunmi was once again left clueless when she wanted to ask sobori and OG insisted he wanted to go alone.

I swoon at his protectiveness for Sunmi but everyone leaving her in the dark about her own fate is cruel. In the end she has to hear it from the manipulative witch which leave her to no choice

• Like 10

I have also finished watching Ep.13 and as I wait for full subs for EP 14 this is my view on the couples and where the story is going.  As predicted this story has turned intense and somewhat dark.   Each couple represents a side of love. Pk and Bo-Ra are the sweet innocent couple if a demon and zombie can be considered innocent.  Pk wants only the best for her. He refuses to believe that she is completely gone and search for her mother to keep a promise and to keep faith with the love he has for her. Bo-Ra still exists deep inside and it is her kind pure heart that keeps holding on and surfacing every time PK is around.   Woo Whee our bull brings that stubborn bull like refusal to accept anything that stands in the way of love to his couple relationship.  But it is this blindsided view that has caused all the problems for him and the love of his life.  Each refused to except anything but what they wanted and so their blindness to what is and their subsequent acts have caused all their pain.  Finally, it is the Son O-Gong /Jin Sun-Mi couple that has the potential for the most growth and also the most heartbreaking outcome.   Each started out wanting to protect who and what they were.  Sun-Mi was afraid of giving too much and losing too much. She has spent most of her life wish for what she didn't have and giving no value to what she did have.   Son O-Gong cared only about what he wanted and his monkey nature made him reach only for what was fun and easy.  Given their nature, it would seem impossible for these two to ever become a true couple. But each took a chance on trying to feel real love for someone else and each has grown. Now at this point, they represent the deepest, truest form of love, a love that is selfless.  Each is trying to protect the other and each is will to give up their very lives for the other.  It's hard to predict a happy ending for them with so much sacrifice in the name of love waiting ahead in the storyline.  So our story turns for a light-hearted romp into so much more.  It has become a story that turns on the true meaning of real love for another. 

• Like 9

Just finished ep 13 and waiting for ep 14 to be fully subbed. I really hate that ASY but I agree it would be fun to watch OYS taking the role of ASY for half episode instead of her just sleeping there. I have a feeling that the Summer Fairy will have a role in helping SunMi from ASY and she will know that his brother helped ASY and will knock some senses to his head.

I saw someone posted this on Tumblr and I completely agree with this.

also to anyone thinking that Song Oh Gong luvs her more, yall are wrong!! Ji Seun Mi, that sweet angel that the world doesn’t deserve, willing sacrificed herself so her love, Son Oh Gong, could live. 
Son Oh Gong is the type of lover who would burn the world for his love. 
Jin Seun Mi is the type of lover who would give herself away just so her love would experience the world.
ahhh the tragedy, no wonder that it’s a journey. 

It was a pretty accurate description of their relationship. My heart can't handle that! :bawling:

• Like 9
  • Sad 6

@lindas55 About PK and BJ's relationship: you compared them to a couple but PK has been calling BJ as his little brother, so his love for her is different from our OTP. This is a brotherly love. If we had to compared this couple PK-BJ, then we should compare it to Winter General and his sister Summer Fairy as they are also siblings.

WG had asked ASN for her help in order to save his sister's soul. Later, ASN used his sister to blackmail Winter General so that he betrayed SOG and SJ. Besides, his justification was that with her death, SOG wouldn't be killed.  Then we have PK who tried to play a dirty trick as well in order to save BJ. He also risked SJ's life and as such betrayed SOG as well. But PK realized his mistake as he learnt later that he would have turned BJ into an evil spirit. Now, he is no longer seeking to prevent her death, he just wants to respect BJ's wishes. As conclusion, PK is a step further than Winter General who would do anything for his sister's sake. WG knew what SM meant to SOG but he prioritized his own interest over SOG's interest. In other words, even a love between siblings can have negative consequences but the question is: is the person willing to change his behavior? PK did but WG not really. Sure, he sacrificed himself in the past for his sister's sake but he never questioned its nature: at which point will he give up his sister?     

• Like 8

Sigh when will the ep 15 preview be out i wonder :(

after watching ep14, i realised something.. ASN kept saying that she is more powerful than SJ. But the patriach did mention that SJ is also a powerful shaman. However, is ASN really more powerful?

sure she has the ability to see the future. But look at what happened in the last few scenes of ep14 (breaking of the glass).

1. SJ foresee that the glass will be broken

2. Startled by her vision, she placed the glass on the edge of the counter. And it breaks, just like what she saw in her vision.

3. N this is where SJ is able to take it further than ASN’s ability of having visions of the future. SJ is able to foresee what her next move will be in response to the vision. She is then able to come back to reality to make a more careful and calculated move in order to reverse the outcome. 

Will this be how she will save the world? Always being ahead of KDS’ schemes? Will she even be able to foresee that OG will sacrifice himself for her, and she’s able to reverse that by sacrificing herself instead? :(

or am j just reading too much into the glass of water scene LOL. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

51 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lindas55 About PK and BJ's relationship: you compared them to a couple but PK has been calling BJ as his little brother, so his love for her is different from our OTP. This is a brotherly love. If we had to compared this couple PK-BJ, then we should compare it to Winter General and his sister Summer Fairy as they are also siblings.

I still have to read your long previous post (where you tagged me) as I have not seen episode 13 yet, but I to discuss PK and BJ - I had assumed that PK acutally liked BF romantically but could not tell her or even accept his feelings just yet. So he called him brother, when; in fact, he loved her romantically. That is why The Octopus is jealous - because he/she, unlike PK perhaps, has realized that he loves BJ.

More later tonight after I watch the episode!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

I still have to read your long previous post (where you tagged me) as I have not seen episode 13 yet, but I to discuss PK and BJ - I had assumed that PK acutally liked BF romantically but could not tell her or even accept his feelings just yet. So he called him brother, when; in fact, he loved her romantically. That is why The Octopus is jealous - because he/she, unlike PK perhaps, has realized that he loves BJ.

More later tonight after I watch the episode!

You're right but on the surface, he acts as if she was his sibling. There is a reason why he calls her his little brother. To me it is connected to her nature: she is a zombie and she was supposed to die. He doesn't want her to be burdened, when she dies. IF she knew his true feelings, this would be more difficult for her. He knows that her wish was to be burnt before becoming an evil demon. So by maintaining this close relationship (a sibling), he makes sure that she is happy and knows how much she is loved. I also think PK knows that their relationship is doomed too. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

@Zelda, In JJTW You mentioned about NaChal Fan that has given to Oh Gong? Perhaps, do you mean this kind of Fan?

@PororoQueen The short answer is "Yes, that is Na Chal's fan!" A longer answer is coming. I'm currently working on a post comparing objects as they were depicted in JTTW and how they have been reinterpreted in Hwayugi.

Hwayugi Funny Fill-In-the-Blanks announcement:

My apologies for the hassle about this. If anyone has tried to PM me their submission and I have not read your PM and responded already, then please try to write me a PM again. It turns out that there is an old, inactive user who goes by @zelda with a lowercase "z". Whereas, my username has an uppercase "Z" @Zelda. (facepalm)

• Like 1

Just thought of something. Maybe JSM getting into the sarcophagus is a fake out? Just like with the glass of water scene. Maybe she sees herself get into the sarcophagus and then ASN going into her body, SOG fighting with her and she killing him(he wouldn't be able to kill her because she will be using JSM's body and he cannot bear to harm her? Not due to the GGG.)

So after getting this vision, she calls SOG and he gets her out?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1