[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

4 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Just finished ep 13 and waiting for ep 14 to be fully subbed. I really hate that ASY but I agree it would be fun to watch OYS taking the role of ASY for half episode instead of her just sleeping there. I have a feeling that the Summer Fairy will have a role in helping SunMi from ASY and she will know that his brother helped ASY and will knock some senses to his head.

I saw someone posted this on Tumblr and I completely agree with this.

also to anyone thinking that Song Oh Gong luvs her more, yall are wrong!! Ji Seun Mi, that sweet angel that the world doesn’t deserve, willing sacrificed herself so her love, Son Oh Gong, could live. 
Son Oh Gong is the type of lover who would burn the world for his love. 
Jin Seun Mi is the type of lover who would give herself away just so her love would experience the world.
ahhh the tragedy, no wonder that it’s a journey. 

It was a pretty accurate description of their relationship. My heart can't handle that! :bawling:

"So her love would experience the world" *sobs* 

That's the different btw a human and a demon.  

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

Just thought of something. Maybe JSM getting into the sarcophagus is a fake out? Just like with the glass of water scene. Maybe she sees herself get into the sarcophagus and then ASN going into her body, SOG fighting with her and she killing him(he wouldn't be able to kill her because she will be using JSM's body and he cannot bear to harm her? Not due to the GGG.)

So after getting this vision, she calls SOG and he gets her out?

That would be great

although it would be auch a troll to viewers who alreasy cursed out and are suffering like crazy right now

• Like 3

TvN what happened to the budget for the cgi ? i was shocked when i saw the heaven(?)

(Comparing the breathtaking scenes of Eternal Love/Once Upon a Time, with those from the drama...)

Mawang and Princess iron fan, they deserve better ! why are they so stingy with their money :(.

At least, they were not too cheap for JSM.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(dcinside)

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

To tell you the truth I am rather somewhat disappointed in General Winter. They always complain about humans being selfish creatures, and apt to betray. To me they seem the same, and sometimes even worse. 

JSM seems to see them in a postive light. I still think they are ‘grey’ in the scope of being black or white. But I can’t seem to think they are better than humans just because they are immortal. I understand that their bonds are important. In General Winter case I’m a tad bit annoyed because he should have asked SOG’s views on the death bell. Instead he basically said the human should be put to rest to ‘protect ‘ his buddy. His selfish reasoning annoyed me a lot more than PK’s letting Buja munch on JSM to tell you the truth. I guess it’s because  General l Winter’s character, to me, was more mature, and advised SOG. Oh well...<shrugs her shoulders> 

Maybe General Winter will be back to being one of my fav characters in the future , but today you’ll sleep in the dog house buddy! <big grin> 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, nrbrown said:

To tell you the truth I am rather somewhat disappointed in General Winter. They always complain about humans being selfish creatures, and apt to betray. To me they seem the same, and sometimes even worse. 

JSM seems to see them in a postive light. I still think they are ‘grey’ in the scope of being black or white. But I can’t seem to think they are better than humans just because they are immortal. I understand that their bonds are important. In General Winter case I’m a tad bit annoyed because he should have asked SOG’s views on the death bell. Instead he basically said the human should be put to rest to ‘protect ‘ his buddy. His selfish reasoning annoyed me a lot more than PK’s letting Buja munch on JSM to tell you the truth. I guess it’s because  General l Winter’s character, to me, was more mature, and advised SOG. Oh well...<shrugs her shoulders> 

Maybe General Winter will be back to being one of my fav characters in the future , but today you’ll sleep in the dog house buddy! <big grin> 

Actually the point of the original JTTW was to show how immortal beings and Gods aren't any different from humans and shouldn't be worshipped in the way they are by us.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

That's why i don't understand who bash sunmi for choosing to be sealed instead of bashing the real perpetrator who caused this.

General Frost the buddy who OG and Sunmi trust. In the end he only sees Sunmi as a mere irrelevant human being who deserve this rather than the great sage.

i can see Mawang feeling uncomfortable in the hospital thinking about the great sage duing in human hands.

i can't wait to see General Frost get his lessons from OG for causing this to Sunmi and it would be great if SM is indeed Mawan's daughter then he would regret what he did

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, haymochi said:

That's why i don't understand who bash sunmi for choosing to be sealed instead of bashing the real perpetrator who caused this.

General Frost the buddy who OG and Sunmi trust. In the end he only sees Sunmi as a mere irrelevant human being who deserve this rather than the great sage.

i can see Mawang feeling uncomfortable in the hospital thinking about the great sage duing in human hands.

i can't wait to see General Frost get his lessons from OG for causing this to Sunmi and it would be great if SM is indeed Mawan's daughter then he would regret what he did

Hmm, I can understand your feelings. I myself was so damn angry at MW on numerous occasions for his disregard of SM even though she did a lot to help him. But after watching ep.14 I can clearly see that he and his attitude toward SM have changed. He was genuinely grateful for her help with his wife's reincarnation and he is also genuinely worried for SM now.  As he said to the secretary Ma it saddens him to think that SM and OG share deadly fate and one of them should die. And this time I do believe him.  He wanted to open SM the truth about the death bell not only for OG's sake but for SM's good as well (he doesn't want to see her getting hurt). MW is indebted to them both and he really wants to help even if it's in his own way. I think this time MW's intentions are sincere.

As for General Frost I doubt that he disregards SM as mere human in favor of OG. Saying that is just a way of making deal with his guilty conscious 'cause he is worried ASN would harm his sister.

Personally I still hope that General Frost would use his powers and freeze the incense burner while both SM's and ASN's souls are in the land of dreams to ruin ASN's plan.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, haymochi said:

And previously I saw there are posts (from other websites) saying why sunmi would help MW by easily giving her blood. It's MW who asked her for help, and naturally she wouldn't think that much because it's MW. I think they are trying so hard to bash SM.

After watching ep 13 with sub. I think MW is the one that is so fooled by ASN. He would do anything to save his love yet disregard the fact ASN is a dangerous demon/shaman. Whatever ASN mention, MW just follow blindly. 

And argh, that General frost is so easily manipulated by ASN. Yes she helped him n his sister before but that doesn't mean he can also betray OG n SM. Can't wait for OG to realise that it is GF who betrayed them and flew into rage bashing him! 

And why is everyone betraying SM and just using her as a bait? Just because she is human? Sighhh. 

• Like 5

K-Drama Reaction: Hwayugi | Episode 13

hwayugi-kiss-scene.jpg?w=670
Date: February 13, 2018 Author: maknaeahjumma

Can your namjachingu take 10,000 years of pain for you?

Lesson 1: Protect Thyself

hwayugi-ah-sanyeo.jpg?w=616

The Sam-Jang-wannabee priestess Ah Sa-nyeo (Lee Se-young) shared one thing in common with Son Oh-gong (Lee Seung-gi). Like the Monkey King, she was betrayed too. The king, who was supposed to marry her, broke his promise and locked her up instead. I like it that the antagonist herself has a good backstory. The story becomes more effective and it makes the audience understand her actions better. She wants the Great Sage to protect her. She was just a victim of a backstabbing greedy human.

a-korean-odyssey-kiss.gif?w=616

Lesson 2: Believe In Yourself

More: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/02/13/k-drama-reaction-hwayugi-episode-13/

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, aunniek said:

JSM and SOG are talking early in episode 14 about how when immortals form connections, betrayal is paid for with their lives.  So, it makes me wonder what happened with the Summer Fairy?? Any guesses? 

Then General Frost have to pay this betrayals with his life.

i do love Summer fairy though... i hope she will be okay.

i'm gonna give GF the benefit of the doubt. If he comes to his conscience and freeze the incense burner.

why is this drama so unpredictable?? It's driving me crazy...and it's only Tuesday

• Like 4

I hope SM will say that she loves OG soon. I feel sad when OG says he loves her 100000 times but she hasn't said that even once to him. I bet she'll say it when she sacrifices herself at the end or if he's the one to die last minute. Why is this so common in kdramas? Like one of the leads will have difficulty of confessing their love till it gets to the end or something. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I havent watched ep 14 because I want to watch it with sub that is supposed to be out today *cheer* but I have read dramabeans recap last night (I know how you feel about reading before actually watching it, BUT I find that reading prior to watching dampens whatever pain caused by the actual ep, and allows me to move on without breaking anything. It do this as I passed half series that are usually angsty)

Ep 13 is fabulous. It puts all necessities and made me cheer so much, and all stupid things are forgivable. I love that lid metaphor. It seems that it becomes more deniable that OG loves SM for real, and eventhough SM still has questions on its authenticity, I am glad that she is taking a step forward nevertheless.

The gem of the ep? Because I hate ASN, the time OG caught her red handed when she draw blood from her hand, that very moment is the gem for me. Just like when he whacked the back of her head on prior ep.

What makes me wonder is PK. It amazes me how among these people, the one who can have effect on her is PK. I wish for more screen time for PK, actually, a more essential ones.

I am also glad that Sec Ma is choosing higher path for MW this time. Too bad MW didnt listen.

Perhaps among the bunch, the one who loves MW the most are Sec Ma and OG. It is very apparent in this ep.

Ep 14 seems great. I have only read the recap, but it sounds like another fabulous ep. I will retain my comment until I have watched the ep.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Then General Frost have to pay this betrayals with his life.

i do love Summer fairy though... i hope she will be okay.

i'm gonna give GF the benefit of the doubt. If he comes to his conscience and freeze the incense burner.

why is this drama so unpredictable?? It's driving me crazy...and it's only Tuesday

I'm more wondering if Summer Fairy was involved in a betrayal, hence she loses her body and her soul only survives because of GF............

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Liting1 said:

I hope SM will say that she loves OG soon. I feel sad when OG says he loves her 100000 times but she hasn't said that even once to him. I bet she'll say it when she sacrifices herself at the end or if he's the one to die last minute. Why is this so common in kdramas? Like one of the leads will have difficulty of confessing their love till it gets to the end or something. 

I can imagine OG sends ASN's soul straight to oblivion if he hears something like "I love you" from the real JSM.

4 hours ago, aunniek said:

I'm more wondering if Summer Fairy was involved in a betrayal, hence she loses her body and her soul only survives because of GF............

That duality itself is interesting, dont you think?

I love both SF and GF, but in terms of action, it is unclear who does what, since they both reside in the same body.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

So I'm watching "Come back, mister" to get my mind off Hwayugi and OYS is hilarious here. She's an underrated actress and she deserves recognition. I might stan her now and watch "Shine or Go Crazy" after. First seen her in "My Sassy Girl"

So I don't know why some are telling that she doesn't know how to act. For me her portrayal of Seon Mi as clueless and gullible is on point. I can also see the progress. Hope she becomes a brave priestess in the end though

• Like 12

3 hours ago, hikaru_dawn said:

So I'm watching "Come back, mister" to get my mind off Hwayugi and OYS is hilarious here. She's an underrated actress and she deserves recognition. I might stan her now and watch "Shine or Go Crazy" after. First seen her in "My Sassy Girl"

So I don't know why some are telling that she doesn't know how to act. For me her portrayal of Seon Mi as clueless and gullible is on point. I can also see the progress. Hope she becomes a brave priestess in the end though

I became a big fan of her after Shine or Go crazy. She was excellent in that drama and her role is a smart successful indepent woman as well but sickly...

I love MSG too. She was hilarious and sassy but the drama dragged with the political stuffs too much in the middle and her character lost her sassiness since then

if you comparee those characters to Jin Sun Mi. They are like polar opposites from each other. 

I think people misunderstood Sunmi character . It's a pity cos her character is just sad, serious, gullible, kind, and selfless. She is smart in terms of human world but totaly clueless regarding the demon world. Regular evil spirits are common for her but manipulative ones like Bookseller and ASN who play with her feelings are totally new. She is already so insecure about OG's real feelings and inferiority complex about being powerless...

• Like 10

Something I find interesting is that SM hasn't really made any connections with other humans. She's only interacted with demons (with the exception of Jonathan who's completely irrelevant at this point). Normally if you want a character like SM to eventually have a fulfilling life as a human, you would give her more human friends and allow her to make human connections. However, this hasn't happened in the slightest way. The only other human she talks to is HJ who she had relations to before she met OG and the others...Maybe the Hong sisters are setting SM up to eventually leave the human world? Like say, sacrificing herself and being rewarded with deity status? 

• Like 10