[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

Emmm... for the first time I don’t felt like watching the episodes, and kdrama it is. You know why, I felt like because there are a lot of pains. What is worst the pains is out of their control and watching this two getting hurt again and again in full circle just too much for me. How could one sacrifice and love the other but ended up of breaking up or be killed.  Am so afraid, that this would ended up like “we would meet again in the next rebirth” or “time would heal, and we would meet up in a different form” coz we have greater thing to do for everyone but not for oneself.  

Yeah... I knew is a dramaland but to infuse so much pain just break my heart, last kdrama that did this to me was Goblin... I just hope it didn’t ended up the same...  LSG and OYS acted well and surreal that I can’t find fault with them, I could see hope, love, wanting and hurt in each other eyes that sometimes I felt like reaching them beyond the screen and give them a good shake and ask this - What’s up? 

There... I said it all. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Liting1 said:

For some reason, I really want to hear a sad yet touching song from this drama. More like a hit song. Not saying all of them weren't good. I just need a song that makes me feel like how Ailee's song from Goblin hit me really hard every time I hear it. I loved it the first time I heard it. Need a hit song to make me feel in all sorts of ways from this one. 

As I was listening to my playlist, this OST from another Monkey King movie I watched made me think of how Hwayugi will end. To be honest, when the song appeared in the movie, my heart was happy and sad for their love story.

I think more ost is coming soon?

Hwayugi has 20 eps

There will be new ost to fit the heart breaking moment towards the ending

Next week part 7 by Chi Yeol

Hopefully we get a ballad for part 8 or part 9

I love Ben Ost though..its really sad :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, SakuraC said:

Hwayugi has 20 eps

On Wikipedia page it's now listed as 22 episodes.. 

1 hour ago, intanr said:

Emmm... for the first time I don’t felt like watching the episodes, and kdrama it is. You know why, I felt like because there are a lot of pains. What is worst the pains is out of their control and watching this two getting hurt again and again in full circle just too much for me. How could one sacrifice and love the other but ended up of breaking up or be killed.  Am so afraid, that this would ended up like “we would meet again in the next rebirth” or “time would heal, and we would meet up in a different form” coz we have greater thing to do for everyone but not for oneself.  

Yeah... I knew is a dramaland but to infuse so much pain just break my heart, last kdrama that did this to me was Goblin... I just hope it didn’t ended up the same...  LSG and OYS acted well and surreal that I can’t find fault with them, I could see hope, love, wanting and hurt in each other eyes that sometimes I felt like reaching them beyond the screen and give them a good shake and ask this - What’s up? 

There... I said it all. 

I feel the same way. The emotional roller-coaster is too much some weekends! It can be very distressing!!

Deep down we all want to see a happy ending for OTP (and for the others of course!)  even though this is just a drama. 

By the way really love how SOG matured. It's like he has really started to care for someone else other than himself. 

Love also MW and SM's conversation about deities punishing people. Agree that some humans are far too evil but I don't think SM or SOG fall into that league!!

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not post consecutively within an hour. Please edit previous post instead. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, SakuraC said:

Hwayugi has 20 eps

I can't wait for Chi Yeol's song. That was definitely the OST for OG to SM. And Hwang Chi Yeol's voice just make it better and more heartbreaking.

I really hope Lee Seung Gi will sing one of the OST. He is super busy but I really miss his voice. For the past couple weeks, I have kept replaying his songs especially 'Return'.

• Like 4

The weird thing is, I don't really want to change anything about this drama. When I watch other dramas, there are moments or situations that I re-imagine, wanting it to go a different direction. However, even though it's obvious that Hwayugi is going to have a tragic or not entirely happy ending, I want it to stay that way...Maybe it's because the purpose behind everyone and everything hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe it's because it was obvious from the start that this drama would be painful to watch. Maybe it's because there really isn't any other direction for it to go, but honestly, this drama is actually quite well written, I think. Once it ends, I think there will be a lot to take out of it and remember.

• Like 7

Well it had to happen eventually (angst time). I believe these are lessons or tests for the couple to overcome. There are a couple of more lessons, but these are the ones that stood out for me the most so far.  Lessons to learn as a couple:

1. Lesson 1: admit to your feelings. They finally admitted to their love. 

2. Lesson 2:  admit to your mistakes. I loved the kiss, but I especially liked the fact that SOG apologized! That to me was a major breakthrough. 

3. Lesson 3: Forgiveness. JSM forgave him. (Another breakthrough).

Now a future lesson. 

1. Communication. Egads SOG. I understand your need to protect, but there is such a thing as being overprotective.

Communication is key in any relationship. He should of told her about the bell,& evil BJ. JSM should have, also,  told him about the bell so he wouldn’t be filled with doubts. 

But then again it wouldn’t be a lesson to be learned, would it? (Wiggles eyebrows). 

Seriously, 22 episodes? ? Wahoo. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, aprilx said:

Love also MW and SM's conversation about deities punishing people. Agree that some humans are far too evil but I don't think SM or SOG fall into that league!!

I agree with their perspective, but they are not supposed to hurt humans, correct?  I wonder if there will be repercussions...........

• Like 1

If you skip to 1:41:00, I imagine OG and SM in this sad scene together when one of them dies. But it'll be a very touching scene like this one. A song comes up when they kiss and the body disappears into the air. :'(  Couldn't find eng subs for this movie but the girl ask why he looks like a dog (she knows he's a monkey), and carries on saying what is it that she hears when they embrace each other (she hears his heartbeat) and dies in tears. The monkey king cries along with the memories they had. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

she needs to die , that is all. 

2 hours ago, Liting1 said:

If you skip to 1:41:00, I imagine OG and SM in this sad scene together when one of them dies. But it'll be a very touching scene like this one. A song comes up when they kiss and the body disappears into the air. :'(  Couldn't find eng subs for this movie but the girl ask why he looks like a dog (she knows he's a monkey), and carries on saying what is it that she hears when they embrace each other (she hears his heartbeat) and dies in tears. The monkey king cries along with the memories they had. 

i cant accept either dying 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I caved and watched episode 11...

All this talk about dying is making me think that there's going to be a loop hole. And everything MW says is becoming seemingly less likely to happen.

But that just makes me think I'm putting my emotions into my thoughts on what is going to happen.

Aksksnxnsksk

• Like 2

My gosh what a depression episode we got in 12.

Instead of saying "excuse me" JSM should start calling SOH Oppa (when they're talking face to face) so his heart can have the opposite of his real name being use :D. I have a feeling she's gonna have a case of "you don't know what you have until it's gone" for hesitating on feelings for SOH.

I'm hoping BJ seducing SOH isn't real cause even the bookseller couldn't get to him. But then again possessed BJ is over a thousand years old with more power and was able to sit on his lap in his demon form and the other demons couldn't detect that BJ is possessed.

Our only hope is the GGG.

I have so many questions?

-What happened to the little Korean/Japanese girl who killed Kang Dae-Sung's grandma?

- Why and what was protecting the coffin buried under the tree?

- We know JSM is gonna get SOH killed based on what that demon whispered into SOH's ear in episode 8 but will it be from saving her or killing her himself and the GGG killing him?

- How come JSM can hear the bell ring but SOH can't?

I don't trust the Soobori/ Patriarch guy. This show is gonna give me heart murmurs :crazy:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I mean, that evil shaman target is Sunmi what if she successfully possess Sunmi??

OG will have no choice to kill her?:bawling:

That's what I'm thinking too. If it gets worse for SM when she is possessed, she may insist for OG to kill her. That's if he's still wearing the GGG. If he objects her, the GGG will hurt him again so he will have to kill SM in order to kill the shaman. We'll see! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2