Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

5 minutes ago, aprilx said:

On Wikipedia page it's now listed as 22 episodes.. 

Which was to be expected, if it's not a misentry. Too many plot lines need to be covered.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, SakuraC said:

I think more ost is coming soon?

Hwayugi has 20 eps

There will be new ost to fit the heart breaking moment towards the ending

Next week part 7 by Chi Yeol

Hopefully we get a ballad for part 8 or part 9

I love Ben Ost though..its really sad :bawling:

I can't wait for Chi Yeol's song. That was definitely the OST for OG to SM. And Hwang Chi Yeol's voice just make it better and more heartbreaking.

I really hope Lee Seung Gi will sing one of the OST. He is super busy but I really miss his voice. For the past couple weeks, I have kept replaying his songs especially 'Return'.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, aprilx said:

On Wikipedia page it's now listed as 22 episodes.. 

22?! Oh goodness... More heart break then. I believe there might be some reincarnation involved during close to the ending. 

The weird thing is, I don't really want to change anything about this drama. When I watch other dramas, there are moments or situations that I re-imagine, wanting it to go a different direction. However, even though it's obvious that Hwayugi is going to have a tragic or not entirely happy ending, I want it to stay that way...Maybe it's because the purpose behind everyone and everything hasn't been revealed yet. Maybe it's because it was obvious from the start that this drama would be painful to watch. Maybe it's because there really isn't any other direction for it to go, but honestly, this drama is actually quite well written, I think. Once it ends, I think there will be a lot to take out of it and remember.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

subs r out for ep 11.. plz translate ep 12.. whatever you feel like

did mawang tell her sthg important today in that 1-1 meting?

I think this is the scene you are talking about? This is OG sitting down to have some porridge with MW. Plus a little bit with Bu Ja and the man who killed her.

MW: Mm…You should sit down, too, and eat with me.
OG: Me, too?
MW: I understand that you (grasping his heart) almost died as well.
OG: Ma Wang, are you being considerate of me?
MW: Yah, it’s because you might have shoved something strange into here that I’m saying you should eat with me.
OG: I didn’t put anything in it! Nothing! (flings his coat onto a chair) You just have so many fears. (sits down) This looks delicious.
MW: Have you told Sam Jang about the death bell?
OG: Why? Are you worried that I might die? That you might be left alone?
MW: That’s enough! Just eat the porridge.
OG: Oh, you told Sam Jang to catch an evil spirit that was attached to a tree?
MW: Yes, apparently she and Secretary Ma were able to take care of that well.
OG: You’re sure that was an evil spirit, right? They didn’t perhaps disturb something else, did they?
MW: Yah! After letting you go, I’ve suffered so much cleaning after the poop, you think that I would have pooped again? Am I just someone who poops?
OG: That’s right! Surely, you wouldn’t have pooped again? It’s probably nothing much.

President-candidate: You really came. Since you didn’t die, I guess there is nothing that you’re afraid of.
BJ: Are you the one who caused me to die?
PC: I’m sorry. It was a mistake.
BJ: Are you saying that killing me was just a mistake?
PC: However, how are you still alive? That’s really amazing.
BJ: Where is my mom?
PC: I asked a question, but you didn’t answer the question, just asked another question. I really hate that.

Oh, those whacky Koreans and their toilet humor. So, the poop is euphemism for messes, of course, and MW is talking about creating a mess and then having to pay for that mess by cleaning up messes. It's just that they push the word "poop" as much as they can in the dialogue between MW and OG. :)

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 6

Well it had to happen eventually (angst time). I believe these are lessons or tests for the couple to overcome. There are a couple of more lessons, but these are the ones that stood out for me the most so far.  Lessons to learn as a couple:

1. Lesson 1: admit to your feelings. They finally admitted to their love. 

2. Lesson 2:  admit to your mistakes. I loved the kiss, but I especially liked the fact that SOG apologized! That to me was a major breakthrough. 

3. Lesson 3: Forgiveness. JSM forgave him. (Another breakthrough).

Now a future lesson. 

1. Communication. Egads SOG. I understand your need to protect, but there is such a thing as being overprotective.

Communication is key in any relationship. He should of told her about the bell,& evil BJ. JSM should have, also,  told him about the bell so he wouldn’t be filled with doubts. 

But then again it wouldn’t be a lesson to be learned, would it? (Wiggles eyebrows). 

Seriously, 22 episodes? ? Wahoo. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, aprilx said:

Love also MW and SM's conversation about deities punishing people. Agree that some humans are far too evil but I don't think SM or SOG fall into that league!!

I agree with their perspective, but they are not supposed to hurt humans, correct?  I wonder if there will be repercussions...........

• Like 1

If you skip to 1:41:00, I imagine OG and SM in this sad scene together when one of them dies. But it'll be a very touching scene like this one. A song comes up when they kiss and the body disappears into the air. :'(  Couldn't find eng subs for this movie but the girl ask why he looks like a dog (she knows he's a monkey), and carries on saying what is it that she hears when they embrace each other (she hears his heartbeat) and dies in tears. The monkey king cries along with the memories they had. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

13 minutes ago, V said:

@Liting1 That song is so gorgeous.

Definitely agree! Here's the song if you were wanting to know. I want a song like this when it comes closer to the death fate situation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

she needs to die , that is all. 

2 hours ago, Liting1 said:

If you skip to 1:41:00, I imagine OG and SM in this sad scene together when one of them dies. But it'll be a very touching scene like this one. A song comes up when they kiss and the body disappears into the air. :'(  Couldn't find eng subs for this movie but the girl ask why he looks like a dog (she knows he's a monkey), and carries on saying what is it that she hears when they embrace each other (she hears his heartbeat) and dies in tears. The monkey king cries along with the memories they had. 

i cant accept either dying 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I caved and watched episode 11...

All this talk about dying is making me think that there's going to be a loop hole. And everything MW says is becoming seemingly less likely to happen.

But that just makes me think I'm putting my emotions into my thoughts on what is going to happen.

Aksksnxnsksk

• Like 2

My gosh what a depression episode we got in 12.

Instead of saying "excuse me" JSM should start calling SOH Oppa (when they're talking face to face) so his heart can have the opposite of his real name being use :D. I have a feeling she's gonna have a case of "you don't know what you have until it's gone" for hesitating on feelings for SOH.

I'm hoping BJ seducing SOH isn't real cause even the bookseller couldn't get to him. But then again possessed BJ is over a thousand years old with more power and was able to sit on his lap in his demon form and the other demons couldn't detect that BJ is possessed.

Our only hope is the GGG.

I have so many questions?

-What happened to the little Korean/Japanese girl who killed Kang Dae-Sung's grandma?

- Why and what was protecting the coffin buried under the tree?

- We know JSM is gonna get SOH killed based on what that demon whispered into SOH's ear in episode 8 but will it be from saving her or killing her himself and the GGG killing him?

- How come JSM can hear the bell ring but SOH can't?

I don't trust the Soobori/ Patriarch guy. This show is gonna give me heart murmurs :crazy:

• Like 4

Okay, finally got around to watching the complete episode, and I wasn't as depressed as I thought it was going to be. It's true that there were not enough cute scenes, but the story development is actually pretty interesting.

So, OG is now under the control/influence of two different women: SM who has the contract with him as well as the geumganggo to bind him to her, and the Ah Sa Nyeo - the thousand year old creature who can control souls and now has supposedly bound OG to her side forever. Which influence will actually win out? There is also the issue of what OG's true heart wants when it's not under any influence. I wonder if the competing influences may somehow end up cancelling each other out, and then OG is just left with his own heart? That could be wishful thinking, I know. However, I'm not going to be upset until at least the next episode which will show in what direction they want to take the drama. I mean, SM hasn't even come close to figuring out how she is going to save the world from the fires of hell yet.

Also, there is the frenemy-ship between OG and MW. MW is on OG's side apparently, despite his protests, unless he can take advantage of not being on OG's side? I have to say, I was a bit startled to see that as soon as MW finds out that the Ah Sa Nyeo is a powerful creature and not just little BJ, he's immediately wondering if he can leverage her help for his suffering love.

Btw, a quick note on the Ah Sa Nyeo creature. She's apparently a being that crosses the spiritual and human forms, that they call a "shin yeo". I think, "shin" in this instance is a spirit and "yeo" stands for woman. The two characters swapped, btw, "yeo shin" means a goddess. It feels as if the Hong Sisters may have made up a new creature rather than using one of the familiar ones.

Anyway, Ah Sa Nyeo, according to the Patriarch had been able to put kings on thrones and influence the world, so interesting how she was bound in the sarcophagus underneath the tree.

Also, at one point, OG asks the Summer Fairy what she knows about "shin yeo's", to which the Summer Fairy replies that just because she's female does not mean that she's familiar with them, however, that SM is very similar to a "shin yeo" in that while she is human, she interacts with the spiritual world. Still, I'm just glad that OG has figured Ah Sa Nyeo out, so hopefully, he's protected himself somewhat from her possession.

I'm not sure if I want SM to know about the death bell or not. On the one hand, I think she needs to know. However, if she knew, she could become so afraid of it, that she just refuses to call OG at all any more. I still want a twist of some kind for this death bell, btw, such as it signals the end of one existence, but then the other attains a new existence, or something like that, except without any significant time jumps or reincarnations as the resolution. Is that asking for too much when we're potentially looking at a sad/tragic ending here?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I mean, that evil shaman target is Sunmi what if she successfully possess Sunmi??

OG will have no choice to kill her?:bawling:

That's what I'm thinking too. If it gets worse for SM when she is possessed, she may insist for OG to kill her. That's if he's still wearing the GGG. If he objects her, the GGG will hurt him again so he will have to kill SM in order to kill the shaman. We'll see! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm actually tired of predicting this drama cos  i'm always wrong lol

but i predict evil Ah Sa Nyeo will have to succeed in possesing Sunmi body. She will be the climax for Sunmi and OG to just go all out with their love.

However if Ah Sa Nyeo is said to be so powerful that she can make anyone a king.. then eventually she will seduce Kang Dae Sung . He is the greedy politician  who will become the president afterall.

Then that's when the gang have to fight him together

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I mean, that evil shaman target is Sunmi what if she successfully possess Sunmi??

OG will have no choice to kill her?:bawling:

Although I am really sad for today’s episode, I am beginning to wonder that next week episode will involve activation (aka kiss by SM) to get OG back to his senses.

but perhaps, this time the activation will happen again when SM is being attacked by OG (under evil BJ’s influence). As a result, SM will confess about her true feeling while trying to remind him of who he is (with the activation ) . In my imagination, 

the scene will be SM is  seconds away to be stabbed or hurt by OG and she kisses him (thus returning OG back to his usual self) ..but the impact is already there cause by the time  OG is back to his senses he has already attacked/stabbed/hurt SM. 

So in short it will be like ep 6, but in a more dramatic way

OG ( still possessed by evil BJ) : You have to die in order for me to live

JSM: ( tearful eyes) I love you , OG , and I wont hurt you anymore. (Kisses him and take off GGG)

OG is stunned by her kiss and remembering their journey together and he regained his senses. 

JSM lost her consciousness and lost so much blood due to OG’s attack.

OG is completely going mental as he realised he got confession from JSM and he also is the one who hurt her 

Imagination’s going wild. 

LOL

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

@stroppyse I think she meant this one.

Looked like Mawang warned JSM about something?

MW: But speaking of that, what in the world does that female spirit want?
OG: You should come with me.
BJ: Where to?
OG: Seuramdong
BJ: To Son Oh Gong’s house?
OG: Yes. (leans a little into hers) I promised to burn you after all.
BJ: Ah. I don’t need that any more.
OG: No. I think I have to definitely burn you. (leans down further) Let’s go quietly. (stands back up, pulling BJ up as well, then speaks to SM) Go ahead and start eating. We’ll come back with some good alcohol.
SM: Alcohol? I have alcohol here in the house as well.
OG: No. I’ll bring back the type of alcohol that you like, a really expensive one.
SM: Are you taking Bu Ja as well?
OG: Yes. Bu Ja has actually been to Seuramdong with me once before. Right?
BJ: Yes.
OG: We’ll be back.
SM: Okay.

(SM sitting at the table)
SM: It’s all going to get cold. Why aren’t they back yet? Should I call him?
(doorbell rings, it’s MW)
SM: Oh! What brings Ma Wang-nim here?
MW: I came to prevent you from doing something.
SM: What?
MW: Please don’t call Son Oh Gong tonight. Son Oh Gong has something important that he has to resolve tonight.

MW is there to prevent SM from calling OG that night, but whether that's because MW believes that OG is burning BJ or whether it's because MW has struck a deal with Ah Sa Nyeo, we'll find out next week, I guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 13