[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

8 hours ago, haymochi said:

Character development? I've seen enough character development in the first half of this drama. There's a limit.  I'm satisfied.

I love this  drama bcs it's unpredictable. This is the first time in K-drama history we've got the  strongest female villain like Hela in Thor Ragnarok.

I want SeungGi and YeonSeo to be friends in real life. Both of them have the same personality.

#RIPGrammar

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

Seriously.. it's just so easy to say mean things theough your keyboards.

character growth? They have a lot.

Sunmi is already beyond mature.. what she needs to do is be more open and bright.

but the situation doesn't allow her to.

OG? Do i need to say more about this monkey development? He is not the stuck up Great sage anymore. He starts to care about others because of Samjang

• Like 11

After watching 11 & 12

I like the zombi and O Gong the best as far as characters go. So I was pretty happy with these episodes since we saw a lot of them.   After that it is Mw, the dog lady and the pig idol.  This little episode is a bit different since the priestess is not a normal demon.  She is humanish. Probably was human and transformed with certain powers.  She was sealed in under the tree who was keeping her locked in.  The spirit of the tree (was it a demon - not sure) was chased away by MW.   So priestess got out.
I am not sure what the deal is with the chaebol guy.   But it appears likely he wants her to make him a King.

I did love the way zombi said good bye to everyone.  I would have liked her as a match with O Gong - more than SM.  SM  pretty and  is doing okay, but doesn't really draw me in.   SM as the little girl was chill though.   Wish they got someone more like her to play the adult.   

And then there is this blah guy Jonathon hanging around. He gave SM a necklace. Maybe he is working for a demon and when and if she puts the necklace on something will happen to her?   There has got to be a reason this boring guy is in the show. It's not like SM has shown the least bit of interest in him (Is Jonathon or a Deity even a choice?).   

I can't wait until O Gong gets released from that darn bracelet. That suspense music crescendo as SJ reached out to the bracelet this time was a hoot. 

• Like 4

I love this drama but gonna stop for a while.  I'm a fan of OYS so i'm a bit sick of the people bashing her for no reason....

I even read comments about LSG won't like OYS in real life because of her WGM scandal.

it's just ridiculous...can't you just appeeciate rhe actress  *roll eyes*

I miss my otp but gonna stop reading these comments first. Yes she is the female lead , deal with it. I'd rather OG kill her if people want to.  Let him end up with Buja/ Ah Seo nyeo/Sec dog

whatever

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

First of all I should say that I totally enjoyed ep11 and 12 and I think this drama is getting better and better and it has a fresh vibe in it hope they don't ruin this brilliant drama by trying satisfy everyone and make it like majority of korean dramas that becomes predictable for the second half.

What I like about this drama the most is how realistic the characters are.  They all have some kind of selfishness in their characters and are different from usual kdrama characters who are so immersed in love.and I really liked how they built their characters and their development.

And about that spellbind  that would control OG I think he will act normal and we won't see its affect right away and it will show itself in an important moment when that shaman is in danger.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

I love this drama but gonna stop for a while.  I'm a fan of OYS so i'm a bit sick of the people bashing her for no reason....

I even read comments about LSG won't like OYS in real life because of her WGM scandal.

I miss my otp but gonna stop reading these comments first. Yes she is the female lead , deal with it. I'd rather OG kill her if people want to.  Let him end up with Buja/ Ah Seo nyeo/Sec dog

whatever

Yes Exactly my thoughts! 

I could not understand why people keep on bashing OYS for acting so blandly and has a weak character . 

I feel it is unfair for her to get those hateful comments while in my point of view, she has done areally great job portraying someone as a human with weakness and vulnerability. Come on, she is a human whose blood draws attraction from demons and all spirits with superpowers. 

And from her background and childhood i do believe she has portrayed a strong, clever woman in a modern era who is capable to be independent (in a normal way without any evil spirit) , but not to be compared to that priestess/evil buja who in fact has a superpower in thw first place, or compared to OG, MW, sec Dog, PK, OJ, or all those demons with all their superpowers. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, manaic said:

Jonathan is the snake.His face looks like a snake and i bet he will bite SM...

i hate him

Don't worry that harmless snake is gone

but another more dangerous snake is attached to OG now 

but whatever hahaha

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

whatever

no don’t . this drama needs more fans like you who support a strong female lead who’s doing her best despite writters ruining things for her . seunngi fans are really relieved he’s acting with such a fine actress like oh yeon seo . hopefully otp will pickup steam from next episode onwards . 

oh gong will be glad he has ggg on because ggg will save him once again and he might ask her never to remove it again untill they stop the apocaylipse . and evil prisetess in in buja’s body who will naturally will be in #teamsamjang . 

• Like 11

I love this drama and everyone is doing a wonderful job with their characters.

i know jsm is not a person very bright and is always wearing black coats

That makes her look to serious or plain. The only thing i want the production to change that black coats with a little brighter colors.  Or just to wear green lol after all that is her fav color. If she did not tell sog that green is her fav color i would of always thought black was her fav color since she wears black all the time.

So far i love this drama and have nothing to judge. 

About hate comments 

OYS gets hate on every roll she plays for no reason.  I read  comments on YouTube, some know she is a great talented actress but they just don’t like her because she don’t have that cutesy charming Aura/vibe :rolleyes: or because they think she don’t have that aura to be a lead actress and don’t match the lead actor or she looks too old to be partner  with the leading man.  I got used reading this type of comments about her so i dont pay attention or bothers me but  what it hurts me is when they cannot blash her acting skills so they bring wgm scandal to JUDGE HER REAL LIFE CHARACTER/PERSONALITY.

i have seen less hate on her in this drama. So i am happy and i feel that her character jsm is getting the more hate  but maybe i am wrong Since i read the top comments because i couldn’t continue Read all because they started hating OYS. 

If they hate her character JSM i don’t mind since nit everyone will like her character because it is not an usual character acting cute or bright but when they start saying bad things about her real persona(her real self) i get sad.

Edited by estrellita1122
She
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, estrellita1122 said:

I love this drama and everyone is doing a wonderful job with their characters.

i know jsm is not a person very bright and is always wearing black coats

That makes her look to serious or plain. The only thing i want the production to change that black coats with a little brighter colors.  Or just to wear green lol after all that is her fav color. If she did not tell sog that green is her fav color i would of always thought black was her fav color since she wears black all the time.

So far i love this drama and have nothing to judge. 

About hate comments 

OYS gets hate on every roll she plays for no reason.  I read  comments on YouTube, some know she is a great talented actress but they just don’t like her because she don’t have that cutesy charming Aura/vibe :rolleyes: or because they think she don’t have that aura to be a lead actress and don’t match the lead actor or she looks too old to be partner  with the leading man.  I got used reading this type of comments about her so i dont pay attention or bothers me but  what it hurts me is when they cannot blash her acting skills so they bring wgm scandal to JUDGE HER REAL LIFE CHARACTER/PERSONALITY.

For the first time i have seen less hate on her in this drama. So i am happy and i feel that her character jsm is getting the hate more but maybe i am wrong Since i read the top comments because i couldn’t continue Read all 

Right we as OYS fan have had enough.

Some hate comments i read are like "Can't she even permed her hair? Even Lee Seeyoung looks prettier"

God forbids an actress who stay true to her character as a samjang.

Bringing WGM scandal to bash her is worst of the worst. She had a super difficult time and almost gave up her dream as an actress that time  (i don't think she did anything wrong). Luckily Jang Bori made her famous again... 

eventhough you are an actor fan how can you say something like that?

"He won't like her in real life because of her WGM scandal"

seriously no respect

34 minutes ago, cleoLsg said:

no don’t . this drama needs more fans like you who support a strong female lead who’s doing her best despite writters ruining things for her . seunngi fans are really relieved he’s acting with such a fine actress like oh yeon seo . hopefully otp will pickup steam from next episode onwards . 

oh gong will be glad he has ggg on because ggg will save him once again and he might ask her never to remove it again untill they stop the apocaylipse . and evil prisetess in in buja’s body who will naturally will be in #teamsamjang . 

And there is always sweet fans like you who brings peace and make everyone happy :wub: ...

• Like 6

Wow I didn't know that lot of people don't like OYS as an actress. I loved all her works till now. She can play all kind of roles. Yeah she looks not her age at all and looks more mature, but thats what I like about her. She is different and you see how talented she is. I really can't understand people..just enjoy the work and don't be personal. You don't know all actors personality.

As for the episodes.. BJ :( why does she have to go through so much pain. She is killed twice and found her mum and now she is possesed. Poor girl :(

I somehow think its a little dragging now. I don't know if this part with BJ is the main plot where SJ or OG will be killed. But in some post I read that the death bell didn't ring because of OG. That MW was there too. I also think the end of the world is MW doing. He loves the women so he wants to be a deity to help her. So I also think he would also destroy a world for her. I think he is the one who kills SJ. So he can be a deity. 

I am really excited how the Hong Sisters will lead the story. I am still sure we will get a happy ending ♡

• Like 5

My poor OYS, i always feel sad when i read comments about her, 

i remember rain/joowon/parkhaejin's fans were nice in their comments but why in that drama...

i don't know about others actresses but she has so many anti.

(But the worse will be in march, i'm still mad when i think about what happened to my favorite webtoon,

she was always in all the virtual casting made by fans, it should have been her since the beginning.)

giphy.gif

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, peaceful52 said:

Wow I didn't know that lot of people don't like OYS as an actress. I loved all her works till now. She can play all kind of roles. Yeah she looks not her age at all and looks more mature, but thats what I like about her. She is different and you see how talented she is. I really can't understand people..just enjoy the work and don't be personal. You don't know all actors personality.

As for the episodes.. BJ :( why does she have to go through so much pain. She is killed twice and found her mum and now she is possesed. Poor girl :(

I somehow think its a little dragging now. I don't know if this part with BJ is the main plot where SJ or OG will be killed. But in some post I read that the death bell didn't ring because of OG. That MW was there too. I also think the end of the world is MW doing. He loves the women so he wants to be a deity to help her. So I also think he would also destroy a world for her. I think he is the one who kills SJ. So he can be a deity. 

I am really excited how the Hong Sisters will lead the story. I am still sure we will get a happy ending ♡

Now they have nothing to say so they usually bash her with "WGM scandal" :rolleyes:

I'm worried for  next ep. Will Mawang betray OG? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jinsunmi said:

My poor OYS, i always feel sad when i read comments about her, 

i remember rain/joowon/parkhaejin's fans were nice in their comments but why in that drama...

i don't know about others actresses but she has so many anti.

(But the worse will be in march, i'm still mad when i think about what happened to my favorite webtoon,

she was always in all the virtual casting made by fans, it should have been her since the beginning.)

Rain, Joowon, and Park Hae jin fans are really nice  to her. True..their chinese fans are really supportive of her. 

These 3 actorsalso said she is the most comfortable actress to work with

Even Janghyuk fans start to adore her after SOG. as well . They even want to create a dcgall for her. I remember she was so bubbly in every bts 

while in this drama....

i don't know why tvn never want to show her bts? I saw some comments  on Naver asking why there is never a bts/ making clips for Samjang... 

Lee Seung Gi pairing with Oh Yeon seo is actually my most favourite coupling but i really hate the hates she got from it

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I'm worried for  next ep. Will Mawang betray OG? 

I think it would be interesting if MW try to use both of them and first betray OG then try to backstab that shaman. It would be so repetitive if it's all OG And MV plan and he do as what they planned before. Remember he once tried to burn that picture in early eps and trap him there forever and it was OG contract with sm that saved him not GGG. 

• Like 5

As a LSG fan i must apologize to you.  Sorry for those harsh comments on OYS . I actually like their chemistry i just dont have my pc to make my fanart for them juat like i did in gfb bfore . *Sigh i think they just dont know thatt the original monk tuanzang is actually boring as a character if they just try to learn where OYS coming from they should understand that.  More importantly its actually the first time ive seen lsg have a mature relationship/chemistry with her co star . Its actually refreshing to see . But then again i apologize . :confused:

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

As a LSG fan i must apologize to you.  Sorry for those harsh comments on OYS . I actually like their chemistry i just dont have my pc to make my fanart for them juat like i did in gfb bfore . *Sigh i think they just dont know thatt the original monk tuanzang is actually boring as a character if they just try to learn where OYS coming from they should understand that.  More importantly its actually the first time ive seen lsg have a mature relationship/chemistry with her co star . Its actually refreshing to see . But then again i apologize . :confused:

Lol you don't need to apologize. Lee Seung Gi fans Airen are actually reallly sweet and nice (just like LSG himself) haha. Haters are just everywhere and actresses have it worst

i'm loving their chemistry too but yeah maybe people are used to cute feisty female lead?

in this case Samjang is a very serious character. OYS herself said her real life character is so opposite from samjang

• Like 15

9 hours ago, Anna Tan said:

Thanks for the link! Go spread your love there.  I just did! Sometimes people are not aware of the depth of the drama.. We can just share with them our thoughts! They can don't agree with us but at least we provide them with a different perspective. .. 

I already go to the site and spread my love there :blush: I can't doing nothing when it's come to spread love to reduce hate. 

I like OYS, when i read the hate comment about her, it make me become more and more like her and want to spread my love to her, she is a good and talented actress and good person, i can't stand seeing people bash a kind person. Anyway it's not LSG fans who bash OYS, it the haters. Haters gonna hate 

• Like 14