[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

I'm actually tired of predicting this drama cos  i'm always wrong lol

but i predict evil Ah Sa Nyeo will have to succeed in possesing Sunmi body. She will be the climax for Sunmi and OG to just go all out with their love.

However if Ah Sa Nyeo is said to be so powerful that she can make anyone a king.. then eventually she will seduce Kang Dae Sung . He is the greedy politician  who will become the president afterall.

Then that's when the gang have to fight him together

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I mean, that evil shaman target is Sunmi what if she successfully possess Sunmi??

OG will have no choice to kill her?:bawling:

Although I am really sad for today’s episode, I am beginning to wonder that next week episode will involve activation (aka kiss by SM) to get OG back to his senses.

but perhaps, this time the activation will happen again when SM is being attacked by OG (under evil BJ’s influence). As a result, SM will confess about her true feeling while trying to remind him of who he is (with the activation ) . In my imagination, 

the scene will be SM is  seconds away to be stabbed or hurt by OG and she kisses him (thus returning OG back to his usual self) ..but the impact is already there cause by the time  OG is back to his senses he has already attacked/stabbed/hurt SM. 

So in short it will be like ep 6, but in a more dramatic way

OG ( still possessed by evil BJ) : You have to die in order for me to live

JSM: ( tearful eyes) I love you , OG , and I wont hurt you anymore. (Kisses him and take off GGG)

OG is stunned by her kiss and remembering their journey together and he regained his senses. 

JSM lost her consciousness and lost so much blood due to OG’s attack.

OG is completely going mental as he realised he got confession from JSM and he also is the one who hurt her 

Imagination’s going wild. 

LOL

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Guest norakim

I think the spirit that possessed BuJa isn't going away quickly like the other demons that OG fought. I believe she's going to stick around and seduce the guy that killed BuJa and make him more powerful.  

She probably cast a spell so OG couldn't hurt her. 

Also, are we going to ignore the fact that MW killed someone by pushing him into an elevator shaft? 

Comments on Naver are frustrated with the goguma plot his week.

while i thought this drama is angsty but it's the right kind of angst. It's necessary for the plot and every one or two eps there are different stories...

when the drama is funny in the beginning  "it's childish", when the plot thickens "Goguma 100%" 

I'm so in love and  ready to cry along with this otp anyway. So the comments like "if Lee Seung Gi isn't in this drama, it would have finished  already" made me upset.

Lee Seung Gi is super awesome but please don't disregard the other casts great acting too.

Even Hong Sisters are writing this drama in such a perfect way that i have no complain. The way they adaptedthe original Journey To The West is brilliant!

i have no high expecctation for such twist because they are more pros in rom-com genre  but i have to admit Hwayugi with each ep, the plot wows me and gets even better. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Comments on Naver are frustrated with the goguma plot his week.

while i thought this drama is angsty but it's the right kind of angst. It's necessary for the plot and every one or two eps there are different stories...

when the drama is funny in the beginning  "it's childish", when the plot thickens "Goguma 100%" 

I'm so in love and  ready to cry along with this otp anyway. So the comments like "if Lee Seung Gi isn't in this drama, it would have finished  already" made me upset.

Lee Seung Gi is super awesome but please don't disregard the other casts great acting too.

Even Hong Sisters are writing this drama in such a perfect way that i have no complain. The way they adaptedthe original Journey To The West is brilliant!

i have no high expecctation for auch twist because they are more pros in rom-com genre  but i have to admit Hwayugi with each ep, the plot wows me and gets even better. 

Oh! I believe those who said it was a goguma plot are not familiar with the original Journey to the West story.

That might be the reason why they cannot appreciate the encounters of OTP with the different demons. It is a journey that the monk and  his three disciples have to take - eradicating evil along the way.

Each demon they encounter grew stronger as the journey continues..the trust among the monk and his disciples also grew stronger along the journey. I believe this theme from journey to the west will be kept.. Notice how SOG and SJ's bond grew over time and how each demon becomes more difficult to deal with as the drama continues...

That's why I am excited by this drama and I agree with you @haymochi that Hong sisters are doing a brilliant job thus far. ..

Like Journey to the West..  I believe Good will triumph evil... It's just when that will happen... 

Can I say how awesome this forum discussion is? It helped me appreciate the drama at a deeper level.

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure whether I want the possession to be real, forcing MW, SJ, et al to rescue OG, or whether I hope it's a plan that OG and MW perhaps cooked up to make ASN show her cards. Anyway, it's yet another cliffhanger that makes me anticipate the next episode.

I just can't believe that SOG could not block those two other petals.  I think he now knows the power of the GGG and that he will somehow be able to fight her.  

Anybody familiar with the original source material, what happens to this shaman there?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aunniek said:

I just can't believe that SOG could not block those two other petals.  I think he now knows the power of the GGG and that he will somehow be able to fight her.  

Anybody familiar with the original source material, what happens to this shaman there?

Yup it's good that SM didn't take off

the GGG this time round.

Some comments said all the characters are goguma right now. Even the female lead character is frustrating...

everyone have diff opinion but i don't get it? She is gloomy but she is not frustrating..she quite straightforward with her feelings and sometimes realize that she have to draw the line.

• Like 5

If they are adapting this from the Chinese novel, then SOG shouldn't be possessed because I believe in the novel, the monkey king could see right through her (baigujing) and managed to take her out a few times. However, every time the monk sees his unethical actions, he would make the gold crown around his head stop the monkey king. 

This is the Korean version so it will tend to change from the original. Just like moon lovers... Omg... I was so disappointed in that Korean version. Smh. 

• Like 8

Yes OG is one refreshing male lead. This is the first time i always applaud a male lead for his smartness lol

Monkey is a monkey afterall . Fast thinker and always aware

Sad that viewers forget that Sunmi is just a human being unlike the other demons with powers. She is often left clueless with the other world

There are also comments why does Ah Seon Nyeo have to appear blah blah blah. But isn't a demon always necessary in the drama? Esp this demon who will seduce the leader of the country. Also comment about how Lee Seyoung isn't the lead , why is she taking so much screen time?

She appeared later but i think she holds an important role as much aa 2nd female lead

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Sad that viewers forget that Sunmi is just a human being unlike the other demons with powers. She is often left clueless with the other world

I definitely agree that it's not her fault that she's clueless. The monk was clueless as well in JTW and other monkey king movies. But I'm sure her role will be very significant in the end when she saves the world. It'll be a sacrificial thing she'll do similar to the monk. 

• Like 4

I watched the Chinese version and it kept me on the edge of my seat, every single episode. This korean version is nice change as well. It is fresh, funny, and I love that they made Samjang a woman. I am so glad it's in the hand of the writers who wrote My gf is a gumiho, Greatest love, Big (honestly, if only they changed the take on the final screenshot!), and I love them all. They will wreck havoc on our heart from love, angst and sadness, and on stomach from laughing. 

Havent watched ep 12 though. I will, soon!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, marinated_lemon said:

I watched the Chinese version and it kept me on the edge of my seat, every single episode. This korean version is nice change as well. It is fresh, funny, and I love that they made Samjang a woman. I am so glad it's in the hand of the writers who wrote My gf is a gumiho, Greatest love, Big (honestly, if only they changed the take on the final screenshot!), and I love them all. They will wreck havoc on our heart from love, angst and sadness, and on stomach from laughing. 

Havent watched ep 12 though. I will, soon!

Which Chinese version though? There are so many! I had never heard of the one @Liting1 posted until today and it looks good! There was another drama version that I saw when I visited family back in 2012 ish that was great... (this one https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD2702D6E767C014A)

• Like 1

Really have to give credit to the Hong sisters. First they introduced us to Bu Ja an innocent girlish zombie with manners (always apologizing for being smelly!).. made us fall in love and root for her. And with then came the twist - she got possessed by a horrible shaman and become totally new person, messing with our OTP’s relationship. Will she be freed from this evil spirit? Where will this go from here!!

Also, I am loving how with this week’s episodes, the evil force is getting stronger. No more strange dudes that look like dirt clouds, but real evil coming into play. Give our SOG a real challenge! :)

Will SOG attempt to kill SM, while under the influence of BJ? 

It’s only Monday!! Argh.:wacko: 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, crispachu said:

Which Chinese version though? There are so many! I had never heard of the one @Liting1 posted until today and it looks good! There was another drama version that I saw when I visited family back in 2012 ish that was great... (this one https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD2702D6E767C014A)

This one:

7382.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, annie1234 said:

I can't wait for Chi Yeol's song. That was definitely the OST for OG to SM. And Hwang Chi Yeol's voice just make it better and more heartbreaking.

I really hope Lee Seung Gi will sing one of the OST. He is super busy but I really miss his voice. For the past couple weeks, I have kept replaying his songs especially 'Return'.

I have a feeling LSG will definitely sing an OST for this drama.  Re HCY, have you watched this video - I love his rendition of "Wukong" which sadly wasn't aired on Chinese TV:

Spoiler

• Like 5