"Don't, don't"

"Aiya"

JJY hiding behind the door and then "I've caught you!"

"My reaction is quick"

"You've waited so long"

They have an almighty tussle. ;)

"I mustn't laugh. If I laugh, I have no strength."

Someone: Keeping fighting, keep fighting

ZZH breaks free and runs to the other side of he courtyard. They take turns to say to each other:

"Come over here!"

Video ends

I really like ZZH's own speaking voice. He speaks clearly and with an accent that I can more or less follow. Some of the regional accents can be quite hard to understand especially when they speak quickly. But I do understand why some actors need to be dubbed. Lin Gengxin is one.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that video of them bts is cute @40somethingahjumma Omg that force kiss and Duke Qin grabbed YX neck to kiss her lips after Qi Shao came into her room to give her the medicine was such a sweet kiss between YX and Duke Qin. And I love Ning Jing abd YX interactions...they are sneaky and funny. If LOYX F4 version:

Duke Qinnis DMS

Qishao is Lei

Yun Xi is Shancai

Duke Qin bodyguard is Ximen

Tang Li is the other F4

Bai Ming Xin can be one of the mean girls

Lol imagined our boys F4!!!! So handsome and cute they will be!

Episodes 25 and 26

Jealous Long Fei Ye is a joy and a delight but they can definitely do better with the kissing in the drama. :DI love how he's trying to prove to the missus that he is really jealous by lip touching. Still he is a hot-blooded male and while another man touches his wife he can't sit at the sidelines and do nothing. One of the things that become increasingly evident is that the more in love with her he is, LFY can't stay away from YX even when he thinks that keeping his distance will protect her, eventually and inevitably he succumbs to what his heart truly wants. Even while he has chased her out of the manor, he thinks about her and has kept all her spy notes, taking them out to read when he misses her. But it seems like the more he tries to take the path of most resistance it always seems to backfire in some way.

Yunxi is sensible about many things. She's been great about Baili Ming Xiang and can set aside her resentment at the latter's intrusion into her marriage. She accepts that LFY and BLMX have a history and that MX has sacrificed herself for FY. I suppose what bothers me is that  she doesn't seem to be able to see that her relationship with Gu Qi Shao can lead to misunderstanding and that he has to be interested in her beyond friendship and collegiality. That has certain implications. Other people can see it and have helpfully pointed it out but she seems almost oblivious to it. Now it could be that she's just so in love with LFY that she can't see another man in that light so on some level that doesn't matter but surely propriety would demand that she give consideration to the husband's feelings regarding this. Of course the circle she moves around in is a small one and among her peers there's really no one else that shares the same interest in medicine but poisons more specifically. GQS like BLMX (although much less unhinged) entertain thoughts about another woman that would be considered adulterous and taboo especially in that period. He's sounding her out... propositioning her with thinly veiled jokes... but really they are jokes made in poor taste. YX is naive about these things undoubtedly because her head's in other things.

The battle of the two princes sooner or later will come to a head. For me I think that the Crown Prince comes off a little better. He's not very bright and he's easily manipulated but I feel underneath all that there's a part of him that wants to play happy families. His mother was probably a decent woman which is why he's a bit of a softie but under the influence of his corrupt uncle and the pressures of trying to please Daddy Dearest, he cracks. He's not really made for palace politics, poor guy. 

I actually like the relationship between the emperor and Consort Qing especially in how that develops later on. As I've said previously, I see some interesting parallels in their relationship with that of YX and LFY. To some degree they feel like mirror opposites.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:18 AM, rhaps said:

About the bracelet :

Hide contents

Yeah, I did suspect that the bracelet was supposed to represent the one in the novel, which came from the future. Thanks for clarifying. Then again, I expect them to change it , in order to fit more into the drama settings. Perhaps, change it into medicine+poison books which contain the secret of all medicine+poison in the world, then YX keeps it as a token from her mother and has been studying it since young. Well, it could be anything other than that. I just feel kinda weird to see a magic bracelet in a non fantasy drama. 

Regarding Feiye's origin :

Hide contents

The novel Consort Yi did what??? :angry: 

Well, I guess the novel version is just like a male lead's mom in other palace dramas who wants to marry her son to another girl :P . The drama version also wants to marry Feiye with BLMX, but I feel that she is more likeable due to her rivalry with ED (I hate this woman) . 

So, does the novel Consort Yi love Feiye too like her own son, or does she only use him for her benefit? :P

@rhaps I agree with you about the bracelet. They should be able to come up with something more "believable" for the drama. And a bit about novel Consort Yi:

Spoiler

I think I would never 100% sure about her feeling for LFY since in my perspective she was more into the benefit of having him as a son rather than loving him as her own son. The first time she got a look at him, she was so stunned since his whole being radiated a charisma and an aura as high born imperial prince (even though at that time LFY was just a little baby). Eventually, when LFY become the famous Duke of Qin, she kind of used him for her own protection and to stand equally as the Empress Dowager. Grand Concubine Yi is the only consort that could live freely with her son when the previous emperor died and nobody dares to make a ruckus about it, even the Emperor, because of their "fear" towards Duke of Qin. That's why she really wanted to have her biological daughter to marry LFY so that she could live with her powerful status for a long time. Maybe, along the way she too loved him like her own son. Again, it was based on my perspective when reading the novel :).

On 7/25/2018 at 7:30 AM, rosierosie said:

@cancergirl87 lol what, mother-daughter?? wonder who is the mother, ZZH or JJY? maybe JJY? But ZZH looks mature too on BTS. 

@rhaps @rosierosie ZZH is the mother and JJY is the daughter. It is because on set, ZZH was kind of looking out for and taking care of JJY that eventually JJY nicknamed him as "Mom" ^_^.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:31 AM, anonymouschic said:

The dubbed voice is actually better because it has more authority but ZZH voice is not bad either. I wonder why they used a voice actor. I need not any confirmation before because i don't really mind it but is it always like that in chinese dramas?

Most Chinese drama will have dubbed voices. Someone once tried to explain about this and if you are interested you could watch it below:

On 7/25/2018 at 7:34 AM, rosierosie said:

and omg he sings!!!??? Just stalked his bio in wiki... did he sings some ost for LOYX??

As of now, there is no information whether he sing any OST for LoYX or not :).

On 7/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, rosierosie said:

If LOYX F4 version:

Duke Qinnis DMS

Qishao is Lei

Yun Xi is Shancai

Duke Qin bodyguard is Ximen

Tang Li is the other F4

Bai Ming Xin can be one of the mean girls

Lol imagined our boys F4!!!! So handsome and cute they will be!

Lol, the novel also mentioned this kind of thing (though it has 3 members instead of 4).

Spoiler

The official 3 well known-names from the author would be:

Tianning's Duke of Qin - Long Feiye

Northern Li's Duke of Kang - Jun Yixie (which merged with Gu Qishao in the dramaverse)

Western Zhou's Crown Prince - Duanmu Beiye (which is nonexistent in the drama *lol*)

The three of them were nicknamed as the Royal Trio :D

Now, if we want to make F4 + Shancai formula (4 men + 1 woman) with the novel version, mine would be:

Woman -> of course it is Han Yunxi

Man 1 -> Long Feiye, since he is the official husband :D

Man 2 -> Gu Beiyue, since even the ice cube LFY went in full mode jealous when Yunxi defend him at certain point. (And I think the author is biased towards GBY as well since it was often mentioned how GBY is so handsome, warm, and gentle :D).

Man 3 -> Gu Qishao, since he kept pestering Yunxi (at least novel Yunxi know the boundaries as propriety demand when it comes to her relationship with Gu Qishao).

Man 4 -> Jun Yixie, as a poison user himself, of course he has some interest in Yunxi (for her poison ability).

Can't wait for ep 25!! Just watched ep 24 and it was so sad when Yunxi and Fei Ye separated :(. I understand his intention but whhhhaaa! I noticed the evil queen wears too much makeup! Poor boo Fei Ye, he suffered so much as a child. It breaks my heart that Yunxi mama died protecting him. Is the author bias towards Qi Shao and YX? Seems like she wants YX to be with both Fei Ye and Qishao???

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

GQS like BLMX (although much less unhinged

Who is BLMX? which drama. 

42 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

Can't wait for ep 25!! Just watched ep 24 and it was so sad when Yunxi and Fei Ye separated :(. I understand his intention but whhhhaaa! I noticed the evil queen wears too much makeup! Poor boo Fei Ye, he suffered so much as a child. It breaks my heart that Yunxi mama died protecting him. Is the author bias towards Qi Shao and YX? Seems like she wants YX to be with both Fei Ye and Qishao???

Do they stay separated now? 

26 minutes ago, Wotad said:

yeah ep 24 he have her move out of his mansion :(

She left and is staying at Qishao valley place. But I know her move is temporary.

49 minutes ago, Wotad said:

BLMX is Baili Mingxiang... the general's daughter who is staying at the manor who is crushing on LFY pretty hard. ;) She's been cultivating the Beauty's Blood for some time to help LFY suppress the parasite poison.

No they don't stay separated for very long at this stage. Maybe the total length of one episode? Besides, LFY can't stay away for very long especially because he really misses her and there's another man hovering around YX. :D

@rosierosie I've heard him sing the theme song on a video clip that I will be translating later. He's pretty good... as good as Luo Jin I would say.

But I don't think he contributes to the OST in this drama.

@40somethingahjumma please post when you're done :)!! I stalked ZZH on random Instagram posts and he is having a drama with Park Min Young called Time something?? Omg two of my favorite actors in one drama! ZZH looks very good modeling too and in modern clothes. I like him even more than Yang Yang lol. Lol....the new actors have a pretty look more than manly look but they are still very handsome that's why they become actors and actress. I almost spoiled myself when I came acroa and the scene where YX died??? But I didnt watch it... sigh. I'll have the happy moments for now. And our girl JJY is skinny....hope she gain weight. 

2 hours ago, rosierosie said:

yeah ep 24 he have her move out of his mansion :(

She left and is staying at Qishao valley place. But I know her move is temporary.

NJ scared him Qishao is after YX.

in eps 24 I like when he told BLMX even she not in the mansion, but she still his wife. He want BLMX to respected YX as she is your sis-in-law.  This girl is way crazy in love with LFY.

34 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

NJ scared him Qishao is after YX.

in eps 24 I like when he told BLMX even she not in the mansion, but she still his wife. He want BLMX to respected YX as she is your sis-in-law.  This girl is way crazy in love with LFY.

BLMX is not logical. FY only likes and sees her as his sister. She needs to get it through her head lol. I understand she grew up and give her beauty blood to FY, but she is doing it on her own and she is using it for FY to like her back, but nope FY heart is for YX. You cannot change feelings. Sorry not sorry for BLMX. If I was BLMX, I would not help FY bc he is not worth it. Perhaps I'll help him bc I see him as my bro, but nothing more. I wouldn't kill myself over him. I hope BLMX get over FY soon. It is tiring liking someone who clearly shows you they dont like you. 

I saw episodes 27 and 28 last night and there are two things that i can"t forget. Of course, all the chocolate and cheese in the world are nothing compared to the cheesiness sweetness of LFY and YX but these scenes really made me appreciate the grand imperial concubine and LFY even more.

I was jumping with joy because of this scene.

Long Fei Ye, I love you more!

Screen_Shot_2018-07-25_at_9.11.52_pm.png

The grand imperial concubine redeemed herself in this scene:

Screen_Shot_2018-07-25_at_8.56.48_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2018-07-25_at_8.56.31_pm.png

I actually admire her when she confirmed the duke as LFY right to the face of the emperor even after knowing the duke's real identity and i really hope that the support that she gives to the duke will not change even after her travel to the temple.

It's a mystery how the duke assumed the identity of LFY without the grand imperial concubine doubting him. I initially thought that she knows it but the latest episodes proved me wrong. I really hope that they shed light to this because if they will not be able to explain it until the end which is episode 48 then a second season is a must. There are a lot of avenues that they can explore for a sequel. I've seen all the episodes but without comprehension and i can honestly say that i'm contented, a happy open ending is still acceptable to me but what's not are the unanswered questions. Nevertheless, i still love this drama with or without a sequel and i can say with confidence that it's worth it.

On 7/25/2018 at 2:57 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

@anonymouschic

You mean this one... ;)

"I want to take you home"

Title: Husband Don't Leave :D

"I will take another route"

"Don't, don't"

"Aiya"

JJY hiding behind the door and then "I've caught you!"

"My reaction is quick"

"You've waited so long"

They have an almighty tussle. ;)

"I mustn't laugh. If I laugh, I have no strength."

Someone: Keeping fighting, keep fighting

ZZH breaks free and runs to the other side of he courtyard. They take turns to say to each other:

"Come over here!"

Video ends

I really like ZZH's own speaking voice. He speaks clearly and with an accent that I can more or less follow. Some of the regional accents can be quite hard to understand especially when they speak quickly. But I do understand why some actors need to be dubbed. Lin Gengxin is one.

Oh yes, THAT one! I don't know how to thank you anymore.:heart:

I reckon that they're close enough to play such antics. I don't know how long was the shoot for the entire drama but i can safely assume that they've gotten closer. It's actually not surprising and very entertaining to watch considering that they're still in their 20's and legally single. Aaah, to have that liberty to 'play' with your colleague is rare. Watching that BTS brought back something at least to me, it's akin to the feeling that i felt when my husband proposed. I'm just so happy for them because it's not easy to have such kind of rapport. They clearly have chemistry and as a viewer that is kind of difficult to forget. 

I also like ZZH voice. Not too manly and not too cute. I think it will still change as time goes by but i'm sure that it will suit him. I envy you and others who understands chinese because comprehension is there right away but at the same time i'm also happy because you share what you know. Please don't get tired of translating. It takes time and effort to do such task and for that i am more than grateful.:heart:

14 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

Most Chinese drama will have dubbed voices. Someone once tried to explain about this and if you are interested you could watch it below:

Oh my. Thank you!:heart: 

That video is very helpful. Now, i understand. It's really to achieve uniformity and if you look at it's actually a very good decision but like anything else you don't just achieve something very good without sacrificing anything and it's unfortunate that in this case it's the actors' (wonderful) voices.

10 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I was devastated too when he ordered YX to go but don't worry because after that comes lots and lots of very good scenes between them. I don't know the site that you follow for the drama but if you watch it on 4udrama(dot)com you will be on episode 28 already. It's actually the fastest site that uploads the subbed episodes and the one with the best video quality and if you happen to understand chinese then you can go to maplestage(dot)com to watch all the episodes.

A very rough translation of an interview with ZZH

ZZH begins by introducing himself as the lead in L of YX

When asked to describe the character of LFY, ZZH says that the character is overbearing to the point of being aloof. He's a wife protecting jealous prince

He is asked why he called JJY "daughter"

"There's a scene where I hug her. I said hugging her was like hugging my daughter because she's smaller in physique. In another scene, she's crying out "Mum, Mum" while dreaming and I'm at her side rubbing her hand etc."

He is asked if he's been watching L of YX on iQiYi

"I've watched it at least 3 times."

Then he's asked if he's opened up and looked at the comment screen. He says he has and when asked if any has captured his attention... he said that there were far too many to list although he mentions a few (which are too difficult for me to translate).

The interviewer asks if he's posted comments there. 

"No. I don't dare. What if someone digs it up, won't it be strange?"

The interviewer asks for his comments regarding the ending as there's some online debate over what it means

"They said that it was an open ending. It has not been determined if she's dead or not dead.

We'll have to see if there's a second part."

He's heard that a second part is in development and he's had talks with the producers over a meal about it. 

He's also suggested to them that the next one be set 1000 years later in a modern setting. ;) He reckons that'll be pretty good. (I'm too sure about that... think BBJX 2)

He is asked about the change in his complexion. He has become fairer and more handsome.

He says that in the past he was quite dark.

"I remember I was shooting 'The Making of a Beauty' in the summer. Everyday around 5:30 I would get up and go to the court to play basketball (presumably) for 1-2 hours and then go do some filming. That's why it's impossible for me not to look darker."

He didn't use sunscreen at the time so became really dark. "As one ages, one can't get too dark otherwise one will easily be deemed old."

"I gradually started playing indoors and learned how to protect my complexion, apply face mask etc."

The interviewer notes that he's actively taking care of his body and then asks him about his 6 pack.

He refuses to answer and says coyly,, "Guess! I'm not telling"

I think he's also asked to show them off but he refuses to.  :D

He is asked to sing a section of the closing theme.

That night he had so happen to have lost his eyesight. (Not sure what he's referring to) When he heard the song for the first time (I think) he thought it was well-written, amazing and he cried.

"Every word, every line was written by HYX for LFY."

He mentioned that JJY told him that when she recorded it, she shedding tears (and mucus)... deeply moved. He told her that when he heard it, he thought it was so well-written

"I'll sing a section"

3:18    In this section he is asked to respond to questions regarding how he would react in a certain scenario as LFY with pictures of various expressions that he's been given.

He says it feels like a language test

3:26    When shown the picture, he says that must be the scene where the princess (Chang Bing) falls

"I remember every part (of the plot) very clearly." 

[Then there's some desultory chatter about the word "dai". A play on the                   puns "dai" as in "attention!" or "dai" as in "slow-witted"]

3:42      If LFY is on the street and comes across YX

(ZZH selects a picture)

3:46      When LFY/you discover a man with YX

3:50      If the man is Gu Qi Shao (He snickers)

(The picture says: Ha, ha, ha... the second fool of the landlord's house)

3:58      When LFY angrily drags YX away

(The picture says: The prince shows contempt)

4:02      When YX says she wants to make babies

ZZH: "There aren't enough expressions available to use"

He is asked to autograph cards

4:15       He sings the closing theme song

Here's another LFY tribute video featuring ZZH singing...

Tagging @anonymouschic and @rosierosie

Can someone remind me when it is that LFY saves YX when she falls off the bridge at the palace? I just don't remember that scene at all.

23 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

He's heard that a second part is in development and he's had talks with the producers over a meal about it. 

So its basically confirmed that they are working on it.. that makes me quite happy and i agree i would hate a 1000 years in the future series i want it to carry on in that era. BBJX was just bad so i dont think people should compare it to that if anyone here has watched that show its god awful and that ending.. holy crap.

I think a season two of scarlet heart could have worked if they did it well. 

@40somethingahjumma thank you so much for translation!! ZZH seems so humble and kind. Love his singing voice....I really hope he sings the song in his own version :)!!! That would make many of us happy, it's such a nice song and the meaning is so lovable. 

@Wotad let's hope the 2nd lifetime would be as good as the one now. But I agreed the same era would be better. If they do modern time, hopefully they have a very good plot. BBJX 2 was bland, I try to watch it but I couldn't. It lost its touch for me from BBJX 1.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Can someone remind me when it is that LFY saves YX when she falls off the bridge at the palace?

Are you referring to the first time they went to greet the emperor and ED after they were married and while LFY was busy elsewhere in the palace, YX crossed path with the princess who looked down her nose at YX and YX tried to handle it herself?  That would be in episode 4.  

By the way, @40somethingahjumma, you mentioned something about better kisses?:D  After putting up with the drought of displays of affection in Princess Agents, I am content with any kind of such displays here, whether it be hand holding, koala maneuvers, hugs or kisses.   

As to the possibility of part 2, I am in whether it is set in that same period or modern days as long as ZZH, JJY, and same writers are back.  I am curious to see if the chemistry between those two is due to the circumstances of characters they play in the drama or does that chemistry comes with their acting style or whatever that makes them click so well in this drama.

1 hour ago, yueyyo said:

Are you referring to the first time they went to greet the emperor and ED after they were married and while LFY was busy elsewhere in the palace, YX crossed path with the princess who looked down her nose at YX and YX tried to handle it herself?  That would be in episode 4.  

By the way, @40somethingahjumma, you mentioned something about better kisses?:D  After putting up with the drought of displays of affection in Princess Agents, I am content with any kind of such displays here, whether it be hand holding, koala maneuvers, hugs or kisses.   

Well, this is certainly true. ;) And I have enjoyed the skinship in LoYX very much and despite the fact that LFY is a reputed ice block, there are plenty lovey dovey scenes between the leads even in those early episodes that it makes up for what comes later. But one does get a bit greedy. They give an inch, I want a foot.

For me I guess excellent chemistry means a natural spark that happens when two actors are together in a scene. That they're at ease with one another when they interact. Aside from the fact that they look good together on camera. I certainly thought LGX and ZLY looked great together and despite her resisting him almost entirely in PA, there was something about LGX's performance that projected a kind of longing around her that was very attractive.

And yes, thank you for that piece of confirmation... I was thinking it had to be an early episode because I've watched a lot of the later episodes several times over already. 

6 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

I saw episodes 27 and 28 last night and there are two things that i can"t forget. Of course, all the chocolate and cheese in the world are nothing compared to the cheesiness sweetness of LFY and YX but these scenes really made me appreciate the grand imperial concubine and LFY even more.

I was jumping with joy because of this scene.

Long Fei Ye, I love you more!

There's no doubt that this show does a really good job with the romance in a way that doesn't compromise the quality of the rest the show or the other characters. I drink in the cheesiness with the greatest pleasure because as @yueyyo points out, often in C dramas we don't get a lot of skinship until much closer to the end. Or in some cases, not at all. 

It isn't just the Grand Imperial Consort that acted sensibly in this episode but also Tang Li. He too said some sensible things to BLMX. The bit that I appreciated most was him telling her that feelings cannot be forced. If someone likes someone... it is what it is. He can at least see that YX is sincere about FY to set aside his own misgivings about her. For me, it's clear that YX gets under FY's skin in way no one else does. I don't mean that he's not a caring, essentially good hearted person but what she does is penetrate that mask and get to the heart of the man with the greatest of ease. It annoys me though that everyone seems to be able trust FY to make good decisions about life and death situations but they can't accept that he doesn't know what he wants when he meets the love of his life. That's the most insulting aspect of the whole business. 

On the issue of compatibility which BLMX brings up. Well, what does that mean? Social status... similarity in upbringing? A shared childhood... history? Do all those things alone necessarily suggest suitability? Lots of royal marriages may be "compatible" according to certain criteria pertaining to "breeding" but it doesn't mean the two parties are get on well much less find a certain amount of pleasure being with the person that they're married to. Now that YX has entered into his frame of reference, he can't see other women in the same way. He knows what it means to be happy with a woman who really understands his heart so he can't just let go of her so easily. 

BLMX is looking in part at outward things. Although she has known him from childhood, she doesn't know what he wants. She assumes she knows and knows better. Has she ever asked him? Maybe she's afraid of the kind of answer she would get. Note that she imposes her ideas rigidly without even trying to think if what, for example, Tang Li says is true. 

YX does understand FY and the last few episodes demonstrate that really well. She knows that he feels guilty about BLMX and he doesn't want her to suffer. YX knows he doesn't love BLMX but he feels obligated to see her through to recovery because of all the sacrifices she's made for him. It's a burden he can't bear but BLMX can't even see that... how can she says she loves him? Often people from good intentions want to help but they don't realise that by "helping" they are creating more problems and placing unmentionable burdens on others. It's a human conceit that we often think we know what's best for others and impose our will on them without their permission.

But I suspect that there's a part of her that's doing it because she knows it's the one thing that she can use to tether him to her.

It's getting complicated on episodes 29 and 30. Both the duke and the duchess are in a very difficult situation but no matter what i draw happiness from these: 

Screen_Shot_2018-07-26_at_3.27.50_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2018-07-26_at_3.28.02_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2018-07-26_at_3.28.14_pm.png

That's enough to last me until tuesday next week. 

A very rough translation of an interview with ZZH

The interviewer asks for his comments regarding the ending as there's some online debate over what it means

"They said that it was an open ending. It has not been determined if she's dead or not dead.

We'll have to see if there's a second part."

He's also suggested to them that the next one be set 1000 years later in a modern setting. ;) He reckons that'll be pretty good. 

He himself confirmed that the ending is ambiguous. I'm just glad that although it did end that way it was more on sort of a happy note. I really hope that the plan for the sequel will prosper. 

He is asked to sing a section of the closing theme.

That night he had so happen to have lost his eyesight. (Not sure what he's referring to) When he heard the song for the first time (I think) he thought it was well-written, amazing and he cried.

"Every word, every line was written by HYX for LFY."

He mentioned that JJY told him that when she recorded it, she shedding tears (and mucus)... deeply moved. He told her that when he heard it, he thought it was so well-written

"I'll sing a section"

You can't portray a scene if you're not really into it because you'll not be able to let the viewers see and feel the emotion. The song is beautiful and JJY understands HYX more than anyone else so i understand if she was moved by it. What's amusing and lovely is that them talking about it. They've got really great camaraderie and rapport.

Here's another LFY tribute video featuring ZZH singing...

Oh my, video and audio of him, what a treat! My heart is overflowing with joy. Thanks to you.:heart:

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's no doubt that this show does a really good job with the romance in a way that doesn't compromise the quality of the rest the show or the other characters. I drink in the cheesiness with the greatest pleasure because as @yueyyo points out, often in C dramas we don't get a lot of skinship until much closer to the end. Or in some cases, not at all. 

It's surprising really that they consistently maintain their intimacy and even if things are beginning to become difficult and although at the preview it was shown that they'll crack at some point at least it will happen later.

It isn't just the Grand Imperial Consort that acted sensibly in this episode but also Tang Li. He too said some sensible things to BLMX. The bit that I appreciated most was him telling her that feelings cannot be forced. If someone likes someone... it is what it is. He can at least see that YX is sincere about FY to set aside his own misgivings about her. For me, it's clear that YX gets under FY's skin in way no one else does. I don't mean that he's not a caring, essentially good hearted person but what she does is penetrate that mask and get to the heart of the man with the greatest of ease.

I forgot about Tang Li. He did grow up and that change in perspective in him is admirable. I'm glad that he is not blind to YX's attributes anymore. I reckon that he realised it for sometime already and he just found the right timing of acknowledging it to the general's daughter.

It annoys me though that everyone seems to be able trust FY to make good decisions about life and death situations but they can't accept that he doesn't know what he wants when he meets the love of his life. That's the most insulting aspect of the whole business. 

They've been conditioned by the action of the general's daughter. From the start they thought that it will be her and also like what the imperial concubine nanny said because the duke didn't really show affection/interest to the opposite sex.

On the issue of compatibility which BLMX brings up.

BLMX is looking in part at outward things. Although she has known him from childhood, she doesn't know what he wants. She assumes she knows and knows better. 

YX does understand FY and the last few episodes demonstrate that really well. 

But I suspect that there's a part of her that's doing it because she knows it's the one thing that she can use to tether him to her.

YX managed to break through the duke's ice cold persona in a short span of time. The general's daughter had more than enough time because they were together since childhood but she failed to accomplish that. She focused too much on herself thinking that everything that she does is for the duke but if you really think of it, it's more for her, if she'll succeed in formulating the cure for the duke then he will be indebted to her so much that he'll offer marriage. Sure it's true that she loves the duke but It's a very selfish kind love.

YX, on the other hand, chose to protect the duke. The empress dowager initially fooled her into thinking that she has something that she really wants but even if YX didn't know the truth yet she didn't betray the duke. The thing is YX from the start didn't think to hurt the duke in anyway while the general's daughter carelessly does things like going to the cave and in the end putting the duke in a difficult situation. Of course it looks like she's doing it for the duke's sake but the bottom of it is just for, again, selfish reasons no matter how much "because of Fei Ye ge ge" reasoning she'll say. Her stupidity selfishness that comes from failing to acknowledge and respect other's feeling is really something. 

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

And I dont agree with this :

"He is asked about the change in his complexion. He has become fairer and more handsome."

I think he is as handsome as he was before in Decoded *LOL* . The difference is, his skin was indeed darker (but still okay. He was an agent/soldier, so darker skin made him manlier), and I think he was chubbier at that time. When I saw L of YX for the 1st time, I wondered why he looked so skinny (coz I just watched Demon Girl). He looked even fatter in Banshu Legend, but I think it was also because of his costume that was too thick / layered

Is this the part when he smiles widely and the video adds blushing icon? :P

Regarding LFY saving YX when she falls off the bridge, it should be in the early episodes. Perhaps it is in episode 4 or 5, after Feiye asks her to meet the King to express their gratitudes

Regarding the 2nd season, hmmmmmm I'm still okay if it is in the same timeline or Republican era (like in the 30s), but I prefer that it is not in the modern timeline. I'm just more intersted in traditional timelines than the modern one. 

Yes... to your question. ;)

Regarding how he looks: I think it's the weight loss that's thinned his face down and he does look better now that his jawline is more defined. He's gone from cute to more manly.

I don't really want the second series in the modern era for a number of reasons. For one I generally prefer C period dramas over modern ones but part of the charm of this one is that it is a period drama combining all kinds of interesting elements like superhero sci-fi and traditional Chinese medicine together. If it were to be set in modern times, it loses all of its unique qualities instantly. Anyway, it's only ZZH's suggestion, it doesn't mean they'd actually do it. ;) The real problem usually is that second series is seldom as good as the first. I don't know how they would combat that apart from making sure they have a good script. NiF 2 was an exception of course but then NiF 1 was an exception too. 

Archived