[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Here's another LFY tribute video featuring ZZH singing...

I don't think this is ZZH's voice. The song is sung by Zheng Guofeng (if we go by the information provided in the video :)). However ZZH has sung the OST for Legend of Banshu before:

Throwing another BTS for your viewing pleasure ^_^:

Oh my.... someone has made an unofficial MV for the ending OST and it is beautiful :wub:

On a side note, here is ZZH playing piano? of "Liang Liang" (OST Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) as a late 400million views celebration combined with the 1.5billion views of LoYX (I hope one day he will play LoYX OST too :D)

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Gqeg6p7Ko?fid=1034:4262513332703153

@rosierosie, @anonymouschic, the closest I can find to what you guys were looking for with ZZH singing and the OST, click on this video to hear it:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=278396302743446&id=272638323319244

I read he posted it since he reached 5 million followers in Weibo but took it down shortly after.   Not sure the reason.  Maybe intellectual property issues related.   I am so used to hearing the female version , it's hard to judge objectively but his singing here is not bad.  He must really like the song and the drama too to have watched it three times like he said in the interview translated by @40somethingahjumma.  

I am curious as to whether there has always been this many series about a heroine like there has been lately with Chu Qiao, Fu Yao and Yun Xi, etc.   I can't think of many about a hero lately.  If only all the heroines were as smart as Yun Xi.  Chu Qiao was very frustrating in her stubbornness when it comes to certain things.   I don't think I was ever frustrated by the Yun Xi character except maybe for her persistence in seeking QS's advice on poison antidotes but that at least served a good purpose as we see towards the end of the drama.

58 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

Oh my.... someone has made an unofficial MV for the ending OST and it is beautiful :wub:

On a side note, here is ZZH playing piano? of "Liang Liang" (OST Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) as a late 400million views celebration combined with the 1.5billion views of LoYX (I hope one day he will play LoYX OST too :D)

This video is so damn good thank's for posting. 

I also watched ZZH played piano to the song 10000 Peach blossom, the song where the girl and guy sings together. Our boo ZZH is so talented and creative. There must be nothing he cannot do lol. Also FY covers his arms because of his outfits....but ZZH has really nice arms. Love his arms muscles! @yueyyo I'm starting to see a pattern in Chinese drama regards to heroine, they seems to be more independent and feminist. I like how they are portrayed as more or less of an equal to their male counterpart than the past decades. In LOFY and LOYX, I like how both heroine  can voice their own thoughts and opinions without feeling repressed by their actions.  

4 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

It is really a beautiful song. I love it and i don't know why but it evokes so much emotion in me especially JJY's version. Initially, i had zero comprehension when it comes to the lyrics but i feel in love with it even if that was the case. The song became more meaningful when i saw a video with an english translation. 

I also hope that he'll treat us one day with a video of him playing the ending song of this drama. Thank you for the link.:heart:

3 hours ago, yueyyo said:

@rosierosie, @anonymouschic, the closest I can find to what you guys were looking for with ZZH singing and the OST, click on this video to hear it:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=278396302743446&id=272638323319244

I read he posted it since he reached 5 million followers in Weibo but took it down shortly after.   Not sure the reason.  Maybe intellectual property issues related.   I am so used to hearing the female version , it's hard to judge objectively but his singing here is not bad.  He must really like the song and the drama too to have watched it three times like he said in the interview translated by @40somethingahjumma.  

It's very unfortunate that he had to delete and it's amusing how some fans were so quick to record it. His rendition is very good and i'm grateful that you shared the link here.:heart:

16 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I don't really want the second series in the modern era for a number of reasons. For one I generally prefer C period dramas over modern ones but part of the charm of this one is that it is a period drama combining all kinds of interesting elements like superhero sci-fi and traditional Chinese medicine together. If it were to be set in modern times, it loses all of its unique qualities instantly. Anyway, it's only ZZH's suggestion, it doesn't mean they'd actually do it. ;) The real problem usually is that second series is seldom as good as the first.

Same here. I prefer that they pick up where they left off. I want to see again the beautiful and colorful set designs and the elegant traditional clothing. 

But i reckon that a modern setting is not really bad basing from this photo.:blush: I feel like the rivalry is still there.:grin: 

37782753_277770646139345_179272895719224

if they do modern....have the main leads back. It has to be a very good plot. Not sure how they are going to continue the story in the modern world. It will better to set it same rea. The setting and clothes are so pretty.

While waiting for new episodes, here are some new BTS:

"Dayu xixi lili" -> title was taken from a phrase in Opening OST

I'm not that expert in translating so, I'll just summarize a little part of the video (starting 0:54 - 1:05)

ZZH: Forget it, my wangfei looks ugly (due to her pale complexion for that scene)

then there is this writing around JJY that said

1. "what did you say?"

2. "who did you say looks ugly?"

while JJY kicking ZZH and when ZZH still points at JJY, there is this writing again: "you still dare said that" from JJY.

And last, this is the BTS for the first koala hug, starring Han Yunxi and Long Feiye feat. Tang Li :) (I can't find the youtube version yet, so I'll just share the weibo link first):

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/GrSNupFUC?fid=1034:4266453394724113

Someone tried to make the story in a modern setting :D

I think JJY parts were taken from Mr. Swimmer and ZZH parts were from Time City.

And there is this cute fanvid too:

19 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

It's very unfortunate that he had to delete and it's amusing how some fans were so quick to record it. His rendition is very good and i'm grateful that you shared the link here.:heart:

Someone has uploaded Tan Yun Xi - ZZH version in youtube (fans sure are very quick when it comes to their idols lol, some even made MVs as well for ZZH version ^_^):

Spoiler

BTS - Long Feiye (may contains spoilers):

Spoiler

@cancergirl87 thank you so much for a ton of bts that you posted and also @40somethingahjumma for translating some of the bts :kiss_wink: 

ZZH has a geat voice :wub: does anyone see in some of bts ZZH like to sing for JJY, did he also sing for his costar in his previous drama. And I never know in Chinese is there any award to drama like in Korea MBC,KBS,SBS end year award, just want to see them onstage again :blush:

Hey @cancergirl87, thanks heaps for the YT videos!:heart:

The MV in modern setting is not bad. I live for period dramas but i'll not have any qualms prioritising a modern sequel of this. 

So cheeky of ZZH to say the line "my wangfei looks ugly" infront of JJY and it's fascinating that he was comfortable teasing her. 

There's no doubt that he can sing and i hope that if there will be a sequel he will also sing either the beginning or the ending song.

The ending OST of LoYX is indeed too beautiful~~

叹云兮 - JJY live version (from SNH48GROUP 5th Idol Annual Popularity Finals Concert Live July 28, 2018)

叹云兮 - ZZH version (as I mentioned before, someone has made a fanvid for this ^_^)

Bonus:

Spoiler

A song by SNH48

Could you find our Qin wangfei, Ningjing, and Chu Qingge amongst these girls? (I think JJY will be the obvious one :D)

4 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

The ending OST of LoYX is indeed too beautiful~~

叹云兮 - JJY live version (from SNH48GROUP 5th Idol Annual Popularity Finals Concert Live July 28, 2018)

叹云兮 - ZZH version (as I mentioned before, someone has made a fanvid for this ^_^)

Bonus:

Reveal hidden contents

A song by SNH48

Could you find our Qin wangfei, Ningjing, and Chu Qingge amongst these girls? (I think JJY will be the obvious one :D)

This drama really made me for fall for JJY.

Love the drama... I still watch it over and over for the past weeks. I take the final as happy ending and the girl who gave GQS pill at the final is YX and somehow she survived because of the bracelet. The bracelet got destroyed for reviving YX and somehow the knowledge inside merged into YX brain for eternity. Otherwise come on... LFY has been abandoned by everyone in his life. TL and NJ also make their own family with their own problems in establishing new empire. If LFY alone in the end it's really a suck ending. Hehehehe just my thoughts

This drama makes me fall for ZZH. I think better to make Jin yong adaptation than to make 2nd season for Yunxi. The title is Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre.

ZZH is very suitable for ZWJ role and JJY for Zhao Min. JJY can play more powerful female lead as ZM. In LoY JJY casted as weakling and burden for LFY but this girl got lots of potential as ZM. ZZH will be convincing and as ZWJ he can be cool but also warm at the same time making 4 girls falling for him at the same time. Last ZWJ was a disappointment because lack of charm to me but ZZH will be a perfect choice. He can be warm at the beginning of the story as ZWJ but along with the story he can be cool and wiser as the conflicts arise.

I think both of them will even make super chemistry if this happened. 

Hi all , just dropping a note to say how I much I am  enjoying this drama . My colleague recommended & I decided to check it out. I’m only at episode 5. Started yesterday but was completely hooked from the get go. I don’t watch many c dramas , last one being Ten Miles but this storyline does feel quite special & unique to me . Unlike some dramas , that takes a while to get its footing  , this one has really good pacing & I did not find any part boring

What really works for me  is the pairing of the main leads . They have chemistry. There’s something about them being on the same screen together that makes me smile & squeal, and they’re not even in love yet . She’s still spying on him & he is suspicious of her every move :sweatingbullets:. Can’t wait to see the romance take off. 

Her chirpy cheeky personality is really polar opposite to the serious ice block disposition that he carries .  I cracked up at all her efforts in trying to look for that birth mark. 

Also in that flashback when he became zombie like and won the war - so was he also “injected “ and experimented on like the young child he saved ?

Interesting relationship that YX has with her dad. He does love her in spite of what she thinks ,  but really doesn’t seem to show it to her in the best way. I can understand why he would want to prevent her from marrying as he can probably see the marriage is nothing more than using  her as a pawn in someone else’s chess game. But making her sick the day of her marriage isn’t my idea of tough love. It’s no wonder she  misunderstands him  time & again. 

Will back read when I have caught up with more

On 7/27/2018 at 7:31 PM, rahnia said:

...just want to see them onstage again :blush:

There is some kind of fan meet in Beijing on the 31st of this month and both are scheduled to appear so hope we get to see that.  

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

Seems like the dad(adoptive dad?) is not the same as in the novel.

I read bits and pieces of the book because it was too long to read in its entirety, especially when the translation was rather bad, and I agree with those on here who has said they did a good job adapting the novel to this drama format.  It is condensed into a more compact story yet keep the core essence and has coherency rather than be all over the place.  If you liked the novel, you should definitely watch the drama.  I think all the characters are very well developed and play a role to drive the story lines.  The chemistry between the leads makes the lead characters in the novel come to live.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

There’s something about them being on the same screen together that makes me smile & squeal, and they’re not even in love yet .

Same thing for me except for the squeal part:D.  They got me from the start when he first fell into her arms on their wedding day and it only got better from there.  It also helps that the lead characters are so well developed and communicate with each other on a regular basis.  She tells him what is on her mind and he uses action to substitute for words to show how he feels about her.  I just love the dynamics of their relationship.  It's one of the best ones between the leads that I have ever seen in a drama.

Archived