Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

On 7/15/2018 at 5:58 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hey, this isn't a bad drama at all... ending not withstanding... I've only had a bit of a peek but the couple dynamic's pretty good and the palace intrigue's not too bad.

It's very rare for me to watch 'sweet' dramas like this. Even if I did, I just did a quick browse and not interested to watch the detail. In case of this drama, I was curious because I like Zhang Zhe Han in his previous roles (Decoded, Demon Girl) and I also noticed him as the young Lin Shu in NIF. So I still did a quick browse, peeked the ending(RAW) :p , then decided to watch this from the beginning.

Surprisingly, it's better than I thought. The story is quite interesting (well, I skipped some palace politics/supporting chars that I dont have any interests in). Although the usual setup from this kinda drama still exists ( a cute cheerful optimistic kind girl, a cold handsome guy whose heart is waiting to be melted, a kind devoted handsome rival guy, annoying pretty rival girl , etc2), but I love the chemistry between the main leads and I found the story about this 'poison intrigue' interesting. About the leads, I really love their contradictions, that is the really cold (it's so good to see his rare slight smiles or naughty expressions while teasing Yunxi) Feiye vs the cheerful, sometimed shy Yunxi. Hehehe, it's actually nothing new in dramaland, but they are loveable. 

I just hope that the ending is better, after reading some comments and watching it (no subs yet). 

On 7/15/2018 at 5:58 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm  not really sure why Long Fei Ye's title has been translated Duke. He's officially the Emperor's brother, the son of a former Emperor... he is a wang ye... so he should be a prince. Yun Xi is wang fei... not a Duchess but a Prince Consort. The Wikipedia entry got it right. In fact, he is yet another... 4th Prince! Heh. 

Thank you for the explanation! I've been wondering myself, since he is a younger brother of the King and they called him 'wang ye'. I have been wondering why does it translated as 'Duke'? 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, hot_hot1975 said:

I don’t remember the exact episode but she left the house of Prince Qin and stay at Feng Shao (second male lead).  I think it after episode 25 on

PM me and let me know where you saw episode 25 onwards.

@rhaps Hello dear! It's been a while.

It could be the translation programme that the subbers are using. I noticed that in the first three episodes Qin wang was translated into "king", "duke" and "prince". :lol: But "prince" should be the right term here. If he were the emperor's nephew or other kind of relative not in direct line for the throne, "duke" or "marquis" might have been okay. 

王 (wang) = prince

公 (gong) = duke

侯 (hou) = marquis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hot_hot1975 said:

I don’t remember the exact episode but she left the house of Prince Qin and stay at Feng Shao (second male lead).  I think it after episode 25 on

I also watched the raw and didnt understand, but I read some comments saying that

He divorced her bcause he didnt want her to know more about her mother's incidents in the past, since it involved important people. In other words, he was trying to protect her. Perhaps people who understand Chinese can confirm this 

Hello dear! It's been a while.

It could be the translation programme that the subbers are using. I noticed that in the first three episodes Qin wang was translated into "king", "duke" and "prince". :lol: But "prince" should be the right term here. If he were the emperor's nephew or other kind of relative not in direct line for the throne, "duke" or "marquis" might have been okay. 

王 (wang) = prince

公 (gong) = duke

侯 (hou) = marquis

@40somethingahjumma, hi Dear! Yeah, it's been a while since we were watching a same drama :P. I also noticed that the translations for FeiYe's title were changed several times *LOL*, but then they continuosly used 'Duke' and 'Duchess'. That's why I'm confused. I've been wondering what's that supposed to mean, so thanks again :D

• Like 2

@rhaps Can you tell me where you're watching anything after Episode 18? PM me if we're talking about back alleys here. ;)

Did you say that ZZH was in Decoded? Was he the autistic lead? I dropped the show half way because I started to get annoyed.

4 hours ago, rosierosie said:

What I like about YX is her personality of showing sincere affection to Duke Qin, I can't count how many times she jump to hug him, that's just so cute, or the way she gets so happy to see him and is jealous when another girl is near him. Their love is just so pure, and you can tell Duke loves and likes her even though they were arranged to marry each other. Their personality synced with each other.

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Surprisingly, it's better than I thought. The story is quite interesting (well, I skipped some palace politics/supporting chars that I dont have any interests in). Although the usual setup from this kinda drama still exists ( a cute cheerful optimistic kind girl, a cold handsome guy whose heart is waiting to be melted, a kind devoted handsome rival guy, annoying pretty rival girl , etc2), but I love the chemistry between the main leads and I found the story about this 'poison intrigue' interesting. About the leads, I really love their contradictions, that is the really cold (it's so good to see his rare slight smiles or naughty expressions while teasing Yunxi) Feiye vs the cheerful, sometimed shy Yunxi. Hehehe, it's actually nothing new in dramaland, but they are loveable. 

The thing that separates this drama from others of this type is that instead of having the usual bickering, push and pull, there's an interesting give and take. They both take turns to make concessions as they inch closer together. She takes the dart for him and then he keeps a bedside vigil. She helps him solve the poisoning of the Da Li Shi personnel, he helps her with Han family doctor case. She notices that he's treating her very well, her loyalty to him increases and she makes things up about him in her reports to the Empress Dowager. When he finds that she hasn't betrayed him, he gets her to solve Yuzhe's poisoning. He starts including her in his world and she repays that trust by protecting his secrets and his missions. I love Episode 15 particularly because he's so protective of her in front of her very dysfunctional, largely neglectful family. And I love that he's building her a pharmacy of her own.

They have this lovely dynamic of doing things for each other and earning each other's trust as the stakes get higher. They don't hide their growing affection for each other at all. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Did you say that ZZH was in Decoded? Was he the autistic lead? I dropped the show half way because I started to get annoyed.

Nope, he wasnt the lead. He was the lead's friend, the sharpshooter, the quite one + having some trauma from the past (Han Bing, IIRC). I also didnt watch the drama fully, just watch several episodes, then jumped to the parts that I liked, such as the action, the decoding of the purple code, and ZZH's and Guo Jing Fei's (the charismatic mentor here, as PYY in NIF 2). 

Anyway, ZZH's role is not big there, but quite good, I think. I like the supporting roles there, such as him, GJF and the other handsome mentor 

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The thing that separates this drama from others of this type is that instead of having the usual bickering, push and pull, there's an interesting give and take. They both take turns to make concessions as they inch closer together. She takes the dart for him and then he keeps a bedside vigil. She helps him solve the poisoning of the Da Li Shi personnel, he helps her with Han family doctor case. She notices that he's treating her very well, her loyalty to him increases and she makes things up about him in her reports to the Empress Dowager. When he finds that she hasn't betrayed him, he gets her to solve Yuzhe's poisoning. He starts including her in his world and she repays that trust by protecting his secrets and his missions. I love Episode 15 particularly because he's so protective of her in front of her very dysfunctional, largely neglectful family. And I love that he's building her a pharmacy of her own.

They have this lovely dynamic of doing things for each other and earning each other's trust as the stakes get higher. They don't hide their growing affection for each other at all. 

You're right. One of the things that separates this drama from the other is the leads got attracted naturally and not just bickering without reasons (other than attractions or misunderstandings ,although there are also misunderstandings here). I like it that Feiye is a logical/smart guy who doesnt trust Yunxi at the beginning and silently 'deal' with her, until he sees the real her. On the other hand, I also like it that Yunxi is trying hard to win him and the Empress, then ends up giving fake information, hahaha

Yeah, I also like epi 15

• Like 4

Who can forget Episode 17 where in her drunken stage, she pushed her "rival" away, said that Long Fei Yue is hers, jumps onto him, kissed him and pulled him to his room to make babies.

Who can forget the presents he had given her

1. A Expensive cream to heal scars

2. He built her a medicine hall and purchase the necessary herbs

3. He went out and fitted her with a full wardrobe and jewellery when he heard of his mother's criticism of his wife

4. Lastly, he rebuilt a replica of the Medicine Valley for her.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Why did the The prince and yun xi separate?

i watched raw and don’t understand. 

What @rhaps said was correct. 

Spoiler

It was to protect her. Because after the Empress Dowager's birthday bash, he now realised that his enemies were using her to get to him. He thinks he can't protect her properly and keep his secrets. And he's right. Gu Qi Shao used her to find out that he was a Poison Person and the Empress Dowager threatened her to act using an imposter of her mother. She is his weakness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

Who can forget Episode 17 where in her drunken stage, she pushed her "rival" away, said that Long Fei Yue is hers, jumps onto him, kissed him and pulled him to his room to make babies.

That one was funny too *LOL* . The shocked expression of Feiye was priceless :P . Then afterwards, Qishao asked her whether she had done something crazy to the Duke (due to the alcohol that she drank). LOL ..the look on her face  ..

• Like 3

The intimacy that Long Fei Yue and Yun Xi had is way beyond anything the Miss Bai Li has ever had with Fei Yue. I believe he practice a great deal of polite decorum with her. Only fire can melt ice.

No wonder in the end, he told her twice that he only see her as a younger sister.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

What @rhaps said was correct. 

Hide contents

It was to protect her. Because after the Empress Dowager's birthday bash, he now realised that his enemies were using her to get to him. He thinks he can't protect her properly and keep his secrets. And he's right. Gu Qi Shao used her to find out that he was a Poison Person and the Empress Dowager threatened her to act using an imposter of her mother. She is his weakness.

Thank you! I don’t understand is how Yunxi still close to the second lead after she found out he was using her her for information on Prince Qin?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

Does anyone know why And who exactly is Gu Qi Shao?? Why does he not like Duke Qin? Is he one of the bad guy?

Hes basically a bad guy and wasnt there a hint that hes royalty of another kingdom because the other prince or w/e said ill tell father what your doing etc..? 

43 minutes ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Thank you! I don’t understand is how Yunxi still close to the second lead after she found out he was using her her for information on Prince Qin?

he clearly wasnt just using her . 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

I notice that many people think there will be season 2 or want season 2 for this drama. But to me, I don't think they are making one. 

They are probs not making one but still i feel like it could do with one.

I wish we could know the book ending does no-one here read chinese or read the book? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/14/2018 at 9:11 AM, shirohime said:

Really hoping for a season two. It wouldn't make sense for the director to include scenes where someone took away the bracelet and save gu qi shao and also gu qi shao is still poisoned. This definitely seems like a layout for another season. Praying for more. The chemistry between the leads is great!:D

You make a good point why include someone getting the bracelet unless the story will be continued.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:37 PM, joyblack4 said:

I think,in my opinions she might still be alive, because  illusion  scenes always shows  the images  wearing away like a smoke into the thin air  but when the duke embraced  her yun xi didn't wear away ,so my guesses  are,she drank  the poison to make Mr gu to give up on her ,for him to move ,which  becomes  very unbearable  for me watching  him every time chasing  after her,also for her husband  to give up his position becoming  the  emperor, this is my two  wide guesses  why she drank  the poison, but still  hate her drugging  her husband  on first day  eating  breakfast together after their frist night,I  know the life of emperor  is not easy  one ,constant  battle plus ambitious  other  wife's which I dought  the duke will be interested to embrace  given that he is crazy in love with yun xi. Moreover,the duke  is very  handsome    his silence when  doesn't want  talk makes  his acting super,most  exciting excellent  writing  in this drama,he is always present in the time of danger  saving his wife, that is what I love  most  in this drama.i can comfortably  rewatch it again,well hope for part2 to continue. 

He never gave up being emperor though did he?

On 7/14/2018 at 11:58 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

4udrama has better subs i think

On 7/15/2018 at 1:44 AM, Jackie1048 said:

I am from the generation that the best Legend of Condor Heroes ever made is the one that was produced by HK-TVB in 1983.

The recent one in 2017 is pretty good. The actor who played Huang Yaoshi in the 2017 is the same actor who play Yang Kang in the 1983.

I might have to watch a Legend of Condor as well keep seeing this drama.

On 7/15/2018 at 6:53 AM, yueyyo said:

Omg hes singing to her thats so damn cute.

Does she find out the reason he divorced her and are they separated from episode 25 until the end?

37 minutes ago, Wotad said:

They are probs not making one but still i feel like it could do with one.

I wish we could know the book ending does no-one here read chinese or read the book? 

i heard from the novel, it's a happy ending.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Why is the king hate Prince Qin so much? Beside the king afraid of losing the throne and what else?

The king is very jealous of Prince Qin as Prince Qin win the battle and the people like him. The king try to find anyway to get back the power from Prince Qin so he will be in a better control to protect his throne.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluesky888 said:

The king is very jealous of Prince Qin as Prince Qin win the battle and the people like him. The king try to find anyway to get back the power from Prince Qin so he will be in a better control to protect his throne.  

Thank you!

I'm in love with this drama. Never once did I come across a dragging ep that made me skipped between this couples (I skipped a lot when the king came on). 

I will come back and write more of my thoughts once eng sub is available for eps 19- 48. I really hope end sub for the rest will come out soon. Watching the ending with raw is so hard because I'm just going off by their acting and trying to puzzle the pieces together...LOL

I really hope they have a 2nd season as I really want to see our couples together again. 

• Like 6