[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

Thanks @rhaps @40somethingahjumma @yueyyo for all your responses. 

But without the time travel , this story completely deviates from the original right ? ( I did not read the novel , just chanced on comments on the subbed sites) . (I can never fully  understand a lot of policies the Chinese government puts in place :D

also confused with a couple of things :

1) Are they doubting LFY’s identity because his Mother is not his real mother? I read she adopted him? They seem so close 

2) Who is  Gu  ( the owner of the herb / poison valley ) in the greater scheme of things ? Why does he want to bring the kingdom down ? I thought he was supposed to be the prince of the northern Li , but then I saw the princess of Western. Qin ( the new consort ) talk to another prince as well 

3) The magical bracelet is where her knowledge is stored ? 

I caught a bit of eps 9 during my lunch break. She asked him who undressed her when she was sick the night before, and instead of giving her an answer , he asked her who she thought would help change her ...such a tease :D 

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Well, I havent found any new stories that is as complex and interesting as Jin Yong stories, so I'm still okay with remakes, as long as it's done well. Btw, we're actually going to have another remake for Return of Condor Heroes *LOL* 

I couldn't agree more with you. Jin yong stories got interesting characters to be developed. I think they will still remake them for many years to come.

Sorry for OOT. If they do make a LoY sequel in the future, what do you think the story? For me, i'd like to have kind of action espionage story. LFY as special agent and JJY as scientist since it is a fantasy story. They have to pretend as marriage couple in secret mission. 

If they make LFY as some chaebol and YX as poor girl than it will be like BBJX II. It will be terrible.

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

I think CP could be better if his mother was still alive and his dad was more understanding. That's why I dislike this character, because he didnt want to change his method toward the CP and didnt have enough patience for the boy ( actually, his daughter is also not very smart. It seems that all children from the late Empress lacked intelligence :P ). Still, I understand his anxiousness, coz the CP is supposed to be the next Emperor. But, the Emperor let the kid with his corrupted Uncle , so he is also at fault for not giving him the attention that he needs.

It's good that he wants his sons to be capable and protect the throne, but I dont see him teaching them some wisdom . That's why his sons and concubines are busy competing each other, while trying hard to get his attentions. 

Well, I havent found any new stories that is as complex and interesting as Jin Yong stories, so I'm still okay with remakes, as long as it's done well. Btw, we're actually going to have another remake for Return of Condor Heroes *LOL* 

Well, Chang Bing is a spoilt brat and is accustomed to getting her way. Seems like the ED and the emperor have indulged her far more than they should have. She's a younger, more puerile version of the ED, I would have thought. It's always fun to see YX get the better of her because let's face it, she's a two year old with servants throwing tantrums. Man, I felt sorry for Mu Qing Wu for the longest time. 

The problem is that these kids aren't taught what power means and how they should wield it properly. The ED and emperor aren't exactly good role models in that regard. For them power is used to hold on to power, to get rid of one's enemies or potential enemies. Anyway, I've said this all before... beginning to sound like a broken record. I don't think the emperor can teach his children any kind of wisdom when he has so little of it himself. While I don't think he deliberately sets them up or sets one son against the other, the way he chastises them inevitably leads to that. 

Well, last year's Legend of the Condor Heroes wasn't too bad. Certainly I liked it more than the one with Hu Ge and Ariel Lin. Ariel was fine but Hu Ge... I don't know... not one of his shining moments, I think. 

I don't really like what Jing Yong did to the ending of HSDS. Writers shouldn't be allowed to revise their works honestly... The complexity of his works is undeniable and I know every director worth his/her salt wants to take a stab at it but honestly, unless they're going to improve on the CGI, I don't see the point.  I must be one of the few that liked the 2009 version of HSDS. I can still see that beautiful scene of WJ and ZM, both in white, duelling in the forest. 

What I really want to see is a new version of Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu (Heroic Legend). The last one was so different from the novel that it was like watching a completely different show.

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

also confused with a couple of things :

1) Are they doubting LFY’s identity because his Mother is not his real mother? I read she adopted him? They seem so close 

2) Who is  Gu  ( the owner of the herb / poison valley ) in the greater scheme of things ? Why does he want to bring the kingdom down ? I thought he was supposed to be the prince of the northern Li , but then I saw the princess of Western. Qin ( the new consort ) talk to another prince as well 

3) The magical bracelet is where her knowledge is stored ? 

I caught a bit of eps 9 during my lunch break. She asked him who undressed her when she was sick the night before, and instead of giving her answer , he asked her who she thought would help change her ...such a tease :D 

1) I think it was in one of the early episodes when he had just come back from fighting in the war. He was drinking a particular tea that the ED served up. That aroused the ED's lady-in-waiting's suspicion. Because apparently the real LFY had a really bad reaction to that tea in the past. 

2) Gu Qi Shao... as you will find out later on... is a prince of Beili, another neighbouring country... the second prince, if memory serves. He is acting as a spy for Beili to manipulate the Crown Prince. He has also been tasked to find the Poison Master and take him to Beili. He is the second male lead as you'll find out soon enough.

3) The magic bracelet is her mum's. A gift from her Dad to her mum and is a repository of information about poisons and treatments.

7 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The Empress Dowager was a right royal nasty piece of work. She's the woman behind the emperor and it shows. When YX calls her the "Old Witch" there is a reason for that. At least in this show there are consequences for people's choices and they all play out quite logically.

As much as I detest the Empress Dowager, at least she made one great decision which was asking Emperor Tianhui to decree a marriage upon LFY and HYX :D. Then again, I think she was too overconfident that everything would go according to her plan without considering other variables (ie. HYX fell in love with LFY).

I had to come here and squeal!!! Episode 10 - awesome progress between the 2. They are slowly falling for each other. How many times did she jump on him now...she didn't betray him, making up all sorts of stories.  He planted that book hoping she'd look for some reference. He SMILED...yes SMILED and it was because of her.... Oh another bathing scene ...is this some sort fan service to be showing your rear end in C-dramas :lol:? I cracked up when she said this isn't the time to be ogling at him but to get down to work...I WANT MORE!!!

gif cto  https://yoonjihos.tumblr.com/post/176038096034/shook

tumblr_pc38id7Mvn1wmtxd3o1_500.gif

tumblr_pc38id7Mvn1wmtxd3o2_540.gif

tumblr_pc38id7Mvn1wmtxd3o3_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pc38id7Mvn1wmtxd3o4_540.gif

@lynne22  I see you here...ahahah..are you watching this? 

What episode are you at @rosierosie ?

Phew~~

Finally, I've caught up with the latest subbed episode.

I did not watch every single drama out there but, from all that I have been watched, LoYX must be the only drama that tied one main lead to another main lead tightly to the point that everything around them looked like it was predestined. Usually we were provided the Romeo x Juliet story line with one family killed the other family thus made it impossible for the main leads to be together without a lot of angst. However it was not the case here since the male lead had to face reality that the female lead family was half destroyed and half rescued his life.

Spoiler

Even in the end, he kind of had to lose the love of his life precisely because the only way to restore his destroyed life was also her life/blood. (Assuming that it was a happy ending, LFY did, at certain period, lost HYX.)

Does anyone who has finished this series know if LFY ever hated HYX's father, was there a time when LFY showed his hatred towards HYX? And how did HYX react?

Oh btw, apparently today (July 31, 2018), they held a press conference for Legend of Yunxi.

I'll share some pictures - more under spoiler tag (sadly, Merxat didn't attend):

Djbgte2WwAELsYY.jpg

Djb_LMtXgAALf5G.jpg

The main couple:

Spoiler

Djb4j79VAAEe-r4.jpg

Djb4j7-VsAA49oR.jpg

DjbS7_dU8AAmfvG.jpg

Qin wangfei - Ju Jing Yi

Spoiler

DjbSkm3X0AAtPg1.jpg

DjbSmQPW0AAqLOR.jpg

DjbTjrCXsAE3R63.jpg

Djbgq6PXcAEE0BI.jpg

Qin wang - Zhang Zhe Han

Spoiler

6d73d730gy1ftt8c07n15j22op3pvx6p.jpg

6d73d730gy1ftt8dcc4oqj22op3pw7wj.jpg

Others:

Spoiler

6174dd44ly1ftta7hbtcij21hf1z4e81.jpg

006Ok8aUly1ftte00t9thj31jk2bc7wh.jpg

006Ok8aUly1ftte00log5j31kw11yay4.jpg

006Ok8aUly1ftte00f0ojj31jh2bcwyi.jpg

006Ok8aUly1fttdzyw5q2j30tn18ggqh.jpg

006Ok8aUly1fttdzz2uryj30tn18gjz9.jpg

1 hour ago, cancergirl87 said:

Does anyone who has finished this series know if LFY ever hated HYX's father, was there a time when LFY showed his hatred towards HYX? And how did HYX react?

He hated her father enough to kill her father if it wasn't for the fact that he is her father.  

Spoiler

At one point she asked him him if he could forgive her father because her mom had died saving him and he said he would not kill her father because he was her father but he cannot forgive her father.  He never hated HYX even knowing who her father was.  If anything, I would say after the initial shock of finding out the truth, he did all he could to try to distance himself from her while protecting her from what bleak future holds for him while she did all she could to find a cure for him and make amendments for what her father did and giving time for him to possibly come to accept her given how much damage her father had done to him and his family.

2 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

Oh btw, apparently today (July 31, 2018), they held a press conference for Legend of Yunxi.

I thought it was more of an informal fanmeet but anyway, I heard that at the end they announced that if the view count reaches 3milions or billions (whatever the unit those milestones are normally measured, I still am not clear on it) they will release 2 extra episodes at 20:00 on august 15th.  No further info on the content of those two extra episodes.

btw, looks to me their chemistry would continue to be there if there was a second part and it is set in modern times based on those pics at that event:D.

@yueyyo many thanks to your explanation :). That must be one heck of complicated feelings for LFY.

I just came across the pics when I said press con, but yes, it seems like a fan meeting after watching the whole video.

PS: the view count target should be 3 billions since currently they have achieved 2.3 billions already.

Actually I like how LFY character still love and care for YX after the fact he found out that her real father is the one that give him the poison when he was young age. But in the other way her mom died for him. So I think that should be make it up. He never hated YX and always want to protect her by distance her. He is very jealous When he see Qisiu around her. 

I  actually enjoy this drama more than Fuyao. At least I repeated watching the eps again and again.

Awww so cute!!!! Love their chemistry and the press con they are too cute together!! It is my wishful thinking that these two dont have anything for each other, the way they gazed at each other :D. ZZH looks so handsome in his suit and JJY looks so tiny next to him, but they complement each other so well. I actually like this alot more than FY too!

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Like @40somethingahjumma said :

1. Because, in epi 1, Feiye drank a special tea in front of ED. After he left, her servant said that the kid Feiye fainted (got sick ?)bcoz of that tea, but the current one looked perfectly fine. It triggered ED's suspicion, since he was also the only survivor from the fire in the Palace many years ago. 

2. Gu is a Northern Prince, as well as the young master of the medicine valley. The one who talked to the Western Princess was the Northern Crown Prince (pls cmiiw), his brother. They all want to overthrow Tian Ning kingdom, because it is currently the biggest one among them and they are affraid that Tian Ning wants to attack them too, after the Western kingdom  (pls cmiiw, I kinda miss this as well)

Anyway, Gu is a combination of 2 characters from the novel. 

3. Yup, it's a magic bracelet belonged to YX's mom 

Hmmmm actually, I dont really want a sequel coz I'm affraid that it will suck and ruin my good memories about L of YX. Still, I'm happy if they make one. I prefer that they make extra episodes to explain what happened, plus Feiye's origin ..like a mini series. 

Regarding the story, I cant think much since I have only watched with eng subs until epi 30. I have watched the raws until epi 48, but I skipped some parts and just quick browsed the rest. Currently, my ideas are :

- it's a periode drama, not a modern one.

- if it's an espionage drama, then let it be a Republican one. 

- Hmmm because I havent fully understood the story,  is it possible to have another member of Poison sect? The poison master is the greatest poison expert. What if he has a student or brother like him, with more evil mind and continue the legacy of the poison zombies ? Then, make him cooperate with the northern and western kingdom (pls cmiiw. I havent watched this with subs until the end)

- or perhaps the poison sect has secret poison books , which contain the information to create even crazier zombies, that fall into the wrong hands . Feiye gets infected again (because he was a zombie once, so it's easier for him :P ), then  has to transform into zombie mode again and leave YX behind. LOL - this is a plot of superhero movies

- Some people were saying about the effort to unite the 3 kingdoms. That sounds nice

- Several YZ's dramas made their lead(s) got amnesia, so that they could restart their romance and bickering from the beginning. I hope that this wont happen in YX's sequel

I run out of ideas :D .

Agree with you. No amnesia please because it will ruined everything. But if period drama in effort to unite 3 kingdoms, this drama already deviated a lot from the book. As you know, in the book Western zhou and northern li are not as lame as in the drama. There are powerful opponents for LFY to face. I just hope they made YX more powerful like learning some internal energy so she can help LFY not some weakling. They can transform YX from some innocent girl madly in love into 'don't mess with my husband' poisonous badass consort. As for the enemies in western zhou and northern li, they have to work the new villain for LFY. 

6 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Regarding YX, I actually dont mind her doesnt master martial arts. I like it that she and Feiye have their own 'specialties' : Feiye with his analytical-strategic thinking, cunningness and great martial arts, while YX with her kindness, medical and 'communication' skills. I prefer to have her developed her own 'poisonous secret weapons'. Currently, she usually carries medicines or poisons to attack her enemies. Perhaps it's gonna be great if she develops more of that, while Feiye makes some secret weapon that she can use to take care of herself . 

That's why i tell you she need kind of internal energy or high level qinggong. Otherwise, the poison can't be delivered accurately to the enemies.  Just something passive defensive to protect herself and sometimes LFY.  Heheheh... Just my ideas. I'd like to keep the cowardice side of YX because LFY finds it is so cute so no need to give YX high level martial arts. YX always runaway whenever LFY tease her about 'bed' things and YX always run (jump) to LFY whenever she got scared or somebody tried to hurt her. 

9 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Reveal hidden contents

At one point she asked him him if he could forgive her father because her mom had died saving him and he said he would not kill her father because he was her father but he cannot forgive her father.  He never hated HYX even knowing who her father was.  If anything, I would say after the initial shock of finding out the truth, he did all he could to try to distance himself from her while protecting her from what bleak future holds for him while she did all she could to find a cure for him and make amendments for what her father did and giving time for him to possibly come to accept her given how much damage her father had done to him and his family.

I thought it was more of an informal fanmeet but anyway, I heard that at the end they announced that if the view count reaches 3milions or billions (whatever the unit those milestones are normally measured, I still am not clear on it) they will release 2 extra episodes at 20:00 on august 15th.  No further info on the content of those two extra episodes.

Thank you for the great news. You just made my day. I'm expecting these extras hope to get more romance and of course babies, heheheh.

17 hours ago, triplem said:

I had to come here and squeal!!! Episode 10 - awesome progress between the 2. They are slowly falling for each other. How many times did she jump on him now...she didn't betray him, making up all sorts of stories.  He planted that book hoping she'd look for some reference. He SMILED...yes SMILED and it was because of her.... Oh another bathing scene ...is this some sort fan service to be showing your rear end in C-dramas :lol:? I cracked up when she said this isn't the time to be ogling at him but to get down to work...I WANT MORE!!!

gif cto  https://yoonjihos.tumblr.com/post/176038096034/shook

I told you, didn't I? Once you get to Episode 10... this will be your new crack. You can't say you weren't warned. :lol:

The OTP scenes in Episode 10 encapsulates everything I love about the dynamics of their relationship from here on. It is a turning point of sorts because once they both did what they had to to survive the mire of palace politics but something's definitely changed. And it's not the water. ;) It's one of those rare things to see both parties protecting each other in their own way with whatever intelligence they've been blessed with. It's always been interesting to me that LFY never exposes her or confronts her outright about being a spy for the ED. That speaks volumes  to his intelligence and his perceptiveness. He's obviously worked out that she's a spy under duress because there are contradictions in her behaviour that doesn't point to malice or ambition. In her case, she has never felt so well taken care of in her life and because she's never backwards about coming forward, she blurts out her appreciation with a kind of authenticity that's true to her nature. He does take really good care of her despite labouring under a cloud of suspicion. She is his wang fei after all... so he keeps reminding every single person who needs reminding. ;) In a short time, she's managed to work out the ED's agenda and find her own way of dealing with her own predicament... and he lets her, not telling her that he knows... I suppose on some level to enable her to continue the subterfuge indefinitely. In spite of the fact that it was not his choice to marry her, he chooses to treat her like he's married to her and bit by bit, he chooses to stay married to her because she is truly his match in every way. Because she had no expectations to begin with whatever little bit of kindness he shows, she embraces it like a child in a sweet shop. There's no feeling of entitlement, just thankfulness.

Although I l heartily enjoyed the "koala maneouvres" each time in this episode and in the other two, it's this scene that I adore:

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 2.34.29 pm

Despite his brusque waving off of Xi Feng's remarks, she understands the significance of being gifted the White Jade cream. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 2.35.38 pm

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because you treat me so well." (She doesn't focus on the gift but the giver)

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 2.36.10 pm

And then that ghost of a smile that makes an appearance... making a dent in that stoic mien.  

This is from a man who has more secrets than the emperor, who has built a wall around himself because he is a man on a high stakes mission. And yet, this upstart of a wife that he didn't choose for himself has managed in such a short space of time to elicit a genuine expression of pleasure from him. 

It is true as @cancergirl87 has pointed out, even though the ED meant for their marriage for ill, it turned out to be an unstoppable force of nature. The beauty of unintended consequences. Same thing when she had the real LFY assassinated in a fire.

14 hours ago, rosierosie said:

@triplem I'm on ep 26. I'm going to catch up tonight. Love reading everyone's review of the show. I love the part where Fei Ye tries to kiss YX and she block it. They are so cute and love their sweet moments.

Yeah, that's one of his rare and delightful mischievous moments. So adorable.

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

I agree with you about Chang Bing and her family. I actually wish that Mu Qing Wu will be on Feiye's side , and automatically cut his connection with her (will he? Wait, dont spoil me :P ) . That poor guy ..to have a girl like that must be a nightmare :D I really pity him in epi 11-13 (forgot). The girl really cares about him, but I found her too childish, selfish, annoying and small-minded. He seemed to be annoyed by her as well

That bit in Episode 12 where she's so confident that she's right... Dear Lord... "I can't be wrong, I'm the princess." Laughable stuff if it weren't so serious. If anyone deserves a slap, it's definitely her. First, she wasn't present at the scene and secondly, she knows next to nothing about medicine much less poisons. Bleah... what a waste of oxygen.

Actually I think LFY is already a superhero even without the Poison Zombie persona. His martial arts and internal energy is pretty amazing. Remember the scene where he rescues her from outside the prison? All he did was throw a sword down causing a mini-quake and the assassins immediately fell to the ground like a pack of cards. :D

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I told you, didn't I? Once you get to Episode 10... this will be your new crack. You can't say you weren't warned. :lol:

The OTP scenes in Episode 10 encapsulates everything I love about the dynamics of their relationship from here on. It is a turning point of sorts because once they both did what they had to to survive the mire of palace politics but something's definitely changed. And it's not the water. ;) It's one of those rare things to see both parties protecting each other in their own way with whatever intelligence they've been blessed with. It's always been interesting to me that LFY never exposes her or confronts her outright about being a spy for the ED. That speaks volumes  to his intelligence and his perceptiveness. He's obviously worked out that she's a spy under duress because there are contradictions in her behaviour that doesn't point to malice or ambition. In her case, she has never felt so well taken care of in her life and because she's never backwards about coming forward, she blurts out her appreciation with a kind of authenticity that's true to her nature. He does take really good care of her despite labouring under a cloud of suspicion. She is his wang fei after all... so he keeps reminding every single person who needs reminding. ;) In a short time, she's managed to work out the ED's agenda and find her own way of dealing with her own predicament... and he lets her, not telling her that he knows... I suppose on some level to enable her to continue the subterfuge indefinitely. In spite of the fact that it was not his choice to marry her, he chooses to treat her like he's married to her and bit by bit, he chooses to stay married to her because she is truly his match in every way. Because she had no expectations to begin with whatever little bit of kindness he shows, she embraces it like a child in a sweet shop. There's no feeling of entitlement, just thankfulness.

You are so right!!!  I feel so bad for my k dramas now. :D  Because every free moment i have , I just want to watch this. I had to tear myself away to catch up on my Monday k drama. I am now up to eps 13.

You put in words so perfectly about what I love about their pairing. I truly enjoy how this relationship is developing. He is always there for her somehow in her moment of need and she uses her skills and knowledge to protect him and his position. There are no " i like you"  or  a sudden moment of epiphany about how they feel about each other. Their affection and appreciation for the other person is just growing naturally ; the actions and things they do for each other  speak louder than words. :wub: She has a way with him - she is cheeky and  is quite uninhibited in the way she talks to him (which i feel helps break down the wall between them). He on the other hand is a man of few words , but whatever he says to her is always respectful and gentle. 

I was very pleasantly surprised at the gift of the cream. It was an extremely thoughtful gesture...she said he was being kind; to me  he is smitten and does not realise it   :D 

The koala jump hugs are hilarious. This one though when she escaped jail and he saved her from being killed, was particularly sweet. In spite of her putting up a courageous front, she was really scared and I think that hug was much needed 

tumblr_patp2scX9S1u1i28to1_640.gif

gif cto: https://afellowgal28.tumblr.com/post/175200239497/clomping-at-him-again-i-see

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Okay, now I got another idea for a sequel. Feiye must have learned that crazy martial arts from his teacher (the same clan as Ningjing's dad?). Perhaps the drama can tell us more about that clan, and perhaps Feiye has an evil martial Uncle :D

Suddenly, i have new ideas also. Sorry, i just can't bear to share with you all here.  Assumed Han yunxi is dead in the final eps, we all see LFY hugged woman looked like YX. Well here's the twist, she looked like YX her name is YX too but she is not the YX we all know. In fact, she's the consort of the crown prince of Qin Xi, LFY. Before they were born, they have already been matched for each other. As we know the real match for YX is actually dead in the fire incident. LFY is the fake 4th prince.

This YX has powerful qinggong, a bit internal energy and powerful knowledge about poison, medicine and Qin Xi remaining resources to revive the dynasty. She had been raised by the loyalist so she's pampered. Shortly, she got the personality like rich mean girls in your high school. She got the cruel side in her which will be the main conflict between her and LFY.

Knowing LFY still longing for his wife, the new YX visit him and pretend to be YX for several months until she got pregnant. LFY finally realized she's not the YX he knew and kicked her out of Mei Hai. New YX just doesn't care because she already got what she wanted all along which is LFY child in her womb. She know LFY is too lost in love and probably will live in Mei Hai forever. She has no choice but to conquer western zhou and northern li by herself. That's her sole purpose in life as she had been brainwashed from childhood.

She goes the palace and claim her right and empress dowager with the child in her womb with the support of the loyalists. Tang Li and Ning Jing are deposed and got no choice but to force LFY out of his seclusion. YX got no choice but accept LFY as husband because of the child. YX and LFY will be forced to live together and cooperate to revive Qin Xi. 

This way the sequel will get the arranged marriage without love and no amnesia needed. They can insert the story from the book also because many interesting events can be covered in this sequel. I just got no idea about the villain and where to put GQS in this scenario. Sorry for the long post.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I was very pleasantly surprised at the gift of the cream. It was an extremely thoughtful gesture...she said he was being kind; to me  he is smitten and does not realise it   :D 

The koala jump hugs are hilarious. This one though when she escaped jail and he saved her from being killed, was particularly sweet. In spite of her putting up a courageous front, she was really scared and I think that hug was much needed 

gif cto: https://afellowgal28.tumblr.com/post/175200239497/clomping-at-him-again-i-see

The fact that he lets her get away with so much skinship and other miscellaneous acts of mischief probably demonstrates that he is smitten even if he does his stiff-upper-lip best not to let on. I think that state of mind informs ZZH's acting choices. LFY is just not used to being so vulnerable emotionally that he doesn't really know where to look sometimes or how to react. I don't suppose he's ever met a young lady that's packaged like YX is. ;) It took me a while to understand what ZZH was trying to achieve but I think this is it.

But I'm glad that he was curious enough to ask the question... "Why are you smiling?" and also that she was happy and honest enough to give the answer, "You treat me so well."

That third hug that you highlighted was noteworthy in that it almost seemed like he was expecting it. I like to think that he wanted to hug her himself. Standing in that position the way he did was definitely an open invitation for a hug, I'd say. In his own way he was pleased to see her and she poor thing, was so distressed by one thing after another that she was ready to burst into tears. The first thing she did was complain about how terrible everyone had been... which was so child-like and endearing. It's clear that she's so much more comfortable with him at this point. His reaction was very cute too. They're just like a couple of kids who are tentatively trying to navigate unfamiliar territory in their relationship on top of dealing with all the underhanded palace politics they inevitably get drawn into.

@rhaps and @graceeedwardmom I think you two need to consider seriously about writing some L of YX fan fiction. It seems like the impulse is very strong. But be careful... once you start, it's hard to stop. ;)

I was going to comment on Episode 26 as well since @rosierosie brought up a key moment but it's getting late here so I leave that for another time.

Eps 15....more squealing from me.... The moment when he arrived at her home, seeing her being bullied. That tinge of anger showing in his usually expressionless face....swoon!!! Then he goes on to scold her entire family for their rude behaviour and lack or respect. @40somethingahjumma you are right in highlighting  his perceptiveness. When he admonished them , he touched on all that was wrong in the way they treated Yun Xi. He's never met them , and I doubt YX has ever spoken to him  about her family at this stage. So for him to immediately put a finger on all the unfair treatment that she had been subjected to ,  just goes to show how observant/ discerning he was. More importantly he was doing this for her - helping her save face and helping her get revenge. This though had to be the best part...it's as if he had already read their minds... :w00t:

BBHkyob.png

9 hours ago, rhaps said:

Okay, now I got another idea for a sequel. Feiye must have learned that crazy martial arts from his teacher (the same clan as Ningjing's dad?). Perhaps the drama can tell us more about that clan, and perhaps Feiye has an evil martial Uncle :D

I'm okay if she learns some basic martial arts for self-defense :D . I'm gonna leave all the great fights to Feiye :P

6 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

Suddenly, i have new ideas also. Sorry, i just can't bear to share with you all here.  Assumed Han yunxi is dead in the final eps, we all see LFY hugged woman looked like YX. Well here's the twist, she looked like YX her name is YX too but she is not the YX we all know. In fact, she's the consort of the crown prince of Qin Xi, LFY. Before they were born, they have already been matched for each other. As we know the real match for YX is actually dead in the fire incident. LFY is the fake 4th prince.

Your idea of sequel coincidentally has been explained in the novel as well, though with a little bit difference ^_^

Spoiler

Novel LFY did had evil martial uncle, even annoying martial sister (the delusional drama Ming Xiang actually was nothing compared to this pesky little sister). He learned martial arts from the most respected sect which main focus is sword skills. However, the true power of LFY is laid on his whip skill which in the drama became Ningjing's skill. Novel Ningjing is not related at all with LFY, she just appeared in the novel after 500+ chapters :D. As drama Ningjing said once, her father is most skilled in earning money, novel Ningjing is kind of the boss of a big trade party which covered the trading of the whole continent. Basically she is super rich.

While HYX, well, if not for the civil war between East Qin & West Qin (the novel has 2 Qin empires), maybe both of them were also betrothed ^_^.

Archived