[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, triplem said:

Eps 15....more squealing from me.... The moment when he arrived at her home, seeing her being bullied. That tinge of anger showing in his usually expressionless face....swoon!!! Then he goes on to scold her entire family for their rude behaviour and lack or respect. @40somethingahjumma you are right in highlighting  his perceptiveness. When he admonished them , he touched on all that was wrong in the way they treated Yun Xi. He's never met them , and I doubt YX has ever spoken to him  about her family at this stage. So for him to immediately put a finger on all the unfair treatment that she had been subjected to ,  just goes to show how observant/ discerning he was. More importantly he was doing this for her - helping her save face and helping her get revenge. This though had to be the best part...it's as if he had already read their minds... :w00t:

Apart from all the other superhero powers that he possesses, he has long distance zombie hearing, don't you know?

In all seriousness, I savour the moments where he throws his weight around and bosses the minions and even his own nephews and nieces. Heh. 

From Episode 12

"Official Bei, I want to ask you. My consort became a fugitive so why didn't I know anything about it?"

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 11.24.02 am

Official Bei: "I was just strictly carrying out official duties"

"What a great way to strictly carry out official duties! I too can carry out official duties strictly."

Then he bellows out orders to the guards to arrest the minister or official. :D

Love the way he glowers at Chang Bing. LOL.

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 11.39.54 am

This is a clip from the cast of Legend of Yunxi fan meet that popped up on my "Recommended List" today...

Here's a rough translation: (Some bits are really rough because well... it's hard to hear... and they don't always put subs in)

The cast was asked to draw their impressions of one another during filming. JJY apparently awarded ZZH the Jealous Prince of Asia title.

0:29 This looks exactly like him. While we were filming, I didn't feel that he projected the image of someone who was prone to jealousy. After editing, I discovered that this person... eh... seems to be funny.

0:39 I think on this side this is the expression I saw from him every day while filming. It's like this.

(Can't hear the rest)

Interviewer: Under what circumstances would he show such an expression?

0:50 While acting, he was especially cold and indifferent... from start to finish

0:58 This is your expression: "I don't like anyone to disturb me" type of vibe

Then they argue, I think, about whose expression it is.

1:20 Then they move on to do a role reversal activity. JJY would take the role of LFY and ZZH would become HYX.

ZZH: Your Highness, one day if I were to disappear, will you miss me?

JJY: I won't let you disappear. If you were to disappear one day, I will cross oceans and mountains to find you.

ZZH: Your Highness, will you one day fall in love with another woman?

The audience yells "He will"

I'm not sure about this part... but she says something along the lines of even after 3000 years, "there will only be you in my heart."

Narrator: When asked if he likes women like HYX, ZZH says he prefers quieter women

ZZH: LFY really likes HYX, if it were me, I might not like HYX

JJY: How does HYX provoke you?

ZZH: There's an aspect to my life that's quiet. If there's someone who's making noises and I can't out  talk her, I will experience a sense of defeat. 

(He says he doesn't enjoy being rendered speechless)

(I think he says here that he has his activities, basketball, singing that he wants enjoy in peace and quiet)

I don't like the feeling of someone disturbing me

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

@40somethingahjumma, thanks!

ZZH was so honest  , not being diplomatic at all.. :P. And it's funny when the audience yelled ,"He wiillll (fall in love with another woman)" :D

Btw, the douban rating for L of YX is now 6.5 . When I posted it in this forum, the rating was 6.3. Although it is only 0.2 points higher, but I'm actually surprised that the rating increases. I wonder whether it is going to increase again. 

Haha... he is very frank. But there's really no need for him to weasel out of this. He's an actor after all playing a role and it's not surprising considering he' seems extroverted and talkative himself. I doubt he could handle the competition. ;) 

7 hours ago, rhaps said:

In term or romance, the romance is both cliche and not cliche. Having a bright girl who manages to melt a handsome cold guy's heart is a common theme in dramas, but it's nice to see supporting characters who dont try to set them apart. Although BMX is trying hard to have Feiye's affection, but she pours most of her efforts into developing Beauty Blood, and that's fine for me. I've always been annoyed by dramas in which the 2nd female manipulates everyone/the situation, in order to separate the main leads apart. There's no such thing like that in L of YX. 

So, regarding my expectation towards Season 2, I just wondered how it could have the same elements of fun like the Season 1 had.

There's nothing wrong with using tried and true tropes if it's done well. And if it's done in a way that's different from previous manifestations. I am much more partial to the "handsome aloof male falls for cheery girl" storyline than "the loud-mouth jerk reforms when he falls in love" trope because I find the latter rather less believable. There's no doubt that the "handsome aloof male falls for cheery girl" has been overused on some level and the part I really object to is why the girl has to be cheery and silly. Do those two personality traits naturally go together in a package? In this case, the girl is cheery, spunky and actually quite intelligent not to mention accomplished. More accomplished than the jealous rival in fact. It's a nice recent development. And it makes a lot more sense as to why two intelligent men with secrets and agendas would fall for her with little difficulty. Of course, it isn't all about accomplishments or chemistry or feelings. Yunxi, though glib and mischievous at times, is a big-hearted human being. 

Now this will allow me to segue into Episode 26 ;) and say what I wanted to say last night...

Yunxi's been allowed back into the manor because Consort Yi has been told that she is the only one who can treat Baili Mingxiang. So she talks BLMX into taking her meds. What does she say? "Well, if you die, there's no one to fight me over His Highness." She doesn't really need to try very hard but she does for LFY's sake because he feels guilty about BLMX's condition. YX's not really that happy about LFY spending time alone with BLMX but what does she tell herself:

"Don't think about it already. This is not the time to argue. She's done so much for LFY, so LFY being good to her is a given. If LFY didn't treat her well, then that would be disappointing."

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 6.33.00 pm

I think it was @yueyyo who said it a couple of weeks ago: Yunxi sees the big picture. But more importantly she sees things from other people's perspective. As the legitimate wife, she has every right to be upset that her husband is spending time with another woman in her room. But she can see past that to the heart of the matter. Ultimately his happiness and well-being is what's at stake for her. It's not just about intelligence but maturity to be able to see that someone's well-being doesn't depend on you alone but a whole network of relationships and factors. LFY is the same. He gets jealous (and of course he would) when GQS gets too close but he also understands that she needs other things in her life to be the complete woman that she is and the woman that he loves. That's how opposites co-exist in long-term relationships realistically. They understand that for their partners to thrive, they have to have other types of relationships and interests outside of the marriage etc.

I also love seeing LFY reading YX's draft copies of the spy notes she didn't send to the ED. I imagine that he must have had Xi Feng pick them up at some point. But what a surprise. The cold and indifferent Prince Qin has a box where he keeps these notes and takes them out to read when he misses her. 

That's why I love the way this OTP is written... God is really in the details... 

Don't mind my overzealous spazzing...I can't help myself squeeing over their moments.....when he leaned over at the end of eps 15....:P

So how old are they in this drama? I giggled when she didn't quite get what her aunt meant when she said to "serve" the duke. I suppose given those times they weren't exactly exposed to the birds and the bees ....

i4KoJkg.png 

He really knows how to tease her ...:lol:

3IUJwAN.png

Found these set of gifs... didn't think he expected this :D 

gif cto: http://movielosophy.tumblr.com/post/175482668172/he-gives-up

tumblr_pb6l22YFoY1qkcxtwo1_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pb6l22YFoY1qkcxtwo2_540.gif

tumblr_pb6l22YFoY1qkcxtwo3_540.gif

tumblr_pb6l22YFoY1qkcxtwo4_540.gif

@rhaps  have you watched every episode? are the last two episodes they promise to release the ending they have not shown?

Edit to add...what I really love about LFY is that he supports her passion. He is actually going to build her a medical hall. But grrrrr, my joy somewhat short lived with the introduction of BMX...get your hands off him :confounded:

———

I managed to watch till eps 20. It’s so super late now but I just wanted to come here and cry ...while I can completely understand why he had to push her away when his poison acts up , it was still hard to see. It felt like a stab in my heart when he did not make it for the Lantern Festival date & to add insult to injury, he asked her to move back.

:bawling: 

Beauty Blood or not , i cannot stand BMX , though her love & affection for LFY is true & she’s going through great lengths to keep him alive.  Woman , go away . I want him so much to tell YX about it because she’ll be able to help him find a cure , or at least better than what they are doing now. 

Episodes 30-36 are heartbreaking and it's not even the lowest point of their relationship. 

The audacity and idiocy of BLMX irk me. She keeps on saying that she loves LFY but her actions and behaviour prove otherwise. Granted that she is not really stable because of the poisons that she took just to cultivate the beauty blood but she still has a choice and was even given advice by some but she neglected them and still does what she wants. Pathetic. 

How can one be so lucky and unlucky at the same time? The mother of the woman you love freed and saved you but her father turned you into a zombie. What a cruel twist of fate but no matter what i draw happiness from the way LFY and HYX do anything to help, save, and protect one another.

9 hours ago, triplem said:

Edit to add...what I really love about LFY is that he supports her passion. He is actually going to build her a medical hall. But grrrrr, my joy somewhat short lived with the introduction of BMX...get your hands off him :confounded:

———

I managed to watch till eps 20. It’s so super late now but I just wanted to come here and cry ...while I can completely understand why he had to push her away when his poison acts up , it was still hard to see. It felt like a stab in my heart when he did not make it for the Lantern Festival date & to add insult to injury, he asked her to move back.

:bawling: 

Beauty Blood or not , i cannot stand BMX , though her love & affection for LFY is true & she’s going through great lengths to keep him alive.  Woman , go away . I want him so much to tell YX about it because she’ll be able to help him find a cure , or at least better than what they are doing now. 

You'll cheer up after you watch Episode 21 and 22... and you'll be spazzing again. ;)

The thing about LFY is that he can never stay away from YX for very long. There will be more moments of separation, each longer than the previous one but he can't let go... ever even when he knows it's expedient to do so. ;)

Frankly, in the case of Episode 20, I think it's partly his fault in not giving her the full story but the show also demonstrates that he is right about how his adversaries attempt to get to him through her.

I know exactly how you feel about BLMX... I've written a couple of diatribes about her already. She gets more embarrassing as the story progresses. I constantly cringe at her obsessive behaviour and lack of circumspection. She may say she loves FY but there's no denying she uses her BB as a kind of leverage to deal herself into his married life.

I'd say that LFY would be in his mid to late 20s. YX, probably early twenties.

49 minutes ago, anonymouschic said:

What a cruel twist of fate but no matter what i draw happiness from the way LFY and HYX do anything to help, save, and protect one another.

There are undeniable soap opera elements in the storyline ;) but it does reflect well on the love that they have for each other that they can survive all the craziness that comes in the last third of the drama.

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

I read somewhere that, in the novel, YX was 16, while Feiye was in his 20s. Perhaps @cancergirl87 or other novel readers can clarify this

I have browsed (watched but skipped some parts) until 48, wacthed them with eng subs until 30, rewatched 31-39 in raws. I havent been able to watch 31 onwards with eng subs, coz the server was too slow.  I skipped some parts, since I still want to enjoy the detail. But, since I've read a lot of posts/comments containing spoilers, I think I can understand 90-95% of the whole drama .

What is the ending that they havent shown?  I think the ending is the same as what people have been talking about . which is kinda weird :P

The drama mentioned LFY has reached the age of 20 in episode 2 (when Emperor Tianhui decreed the marriage). No mention of HYX's age, but since it was said that she has reached marriageable age, then she might be around 16 y.o.

@triplem iQiyi has promised to released 2 extra parts (I'm not sure it will be 2 whole episodes or not) on August 15th at 8 PM (China time) as a gratitude towards fans since they could break the 2 billions view. It is still not clear what these extras will tell but iQiyi hope they could quell some of fans' curiosity.

Every time I revisited the episodes again, I cannot get over how many times Fei Yue had to tell Bai Li Mi Xiang that he sees her as a younger sister and that Yun Xi is his wife. He has done a great job telling anyone who doubted Yun Xi is his wife. I suppose she had to be stubborn to cultivate herself to become a Blood Maiden. Cannot get over her look when the Poison Master told her that Blood Maiden does not "neutralised" Poison Zombie. Flashback to her father telling her the same fact that they "assumed" that Blood Maiden is the cure but it is no guarantee 

54 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

The drama mentioned LFY has reached the age of 20 in episode 2 (when Emperor Tianhui decreed the marriage). No mention of HYX's age, but since it was said that she has reached marriageable age, then she might be around 16 y.o.

@triplem iQiyi has promised to released 2 extra parts (I'm not sure it will be 2 whole episodes or not) on August 15th at 8 PM (China time) as a gratitude towards fans since they could break the 2 billions view. It is still not clear what these extras will tell but iQiyi hope they could quell some of fans' curiosity.

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

I read somewhere that, in the novel, YX was 16, while Feiye was in his 20s. Perhaps @cancergirl87 or other novel readers can clarify this

Really? The show needs to sort out its timeline quick smart. Because I'm seriously confused. :o

I cannot believe that the boy who was rescued by Mdm Tian Xin was only 5 years old. He looked more like he was 12 or older. Certainly the flashbacks of YX as a child with her mother has her looking more like 8-10 rather than 1. The show tells us that LFY only returned to the palace 15 years ago. So the fact that he's only 20 at the start of the drama seems... I dunno... hard to believe.

Maybe those extra episodes they're talking about releasing can sort things out for us in that regard.

40 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Every time I revisited the episodes again, I cannot get over how many times Fei Yue had to tell Bai Li Mi Xiang that he sees her as a younger sister and that Yun Xi is his wife. He has done a great job telling anyone who doubted Yun Xi is his wife. I suppose she had to be stubborn to cultivate herself to become a Blood Maiden. Cannot get over her look when the Poison Master told her that Blood Maiden does not "neutralised" Poison Zombie. Flashback to her father telling her the same fact that they "assumed" that Blood Maiden is the cure but it is no guarantee 

Well, we have to give her some credit for persistence ;) but honestly it does get annoying after a while and what she does later is just unforgivable. 

I hate BLMX but we have to thank her otherwise HYX would always be running away when confronted about her feelings to LFY. Remember, 'mu ping zi kui' incident it's because of BLMX.:D . 

Compared to BLMX, I hate poison Master more. Jeez, <_< he had done nothing in his life other than hurting people and bring troubles. I really appreciate if he stayed confidential and developed the cure for LFY by himself even if it cost him his life. He could've asked GBY for help if he didn't want to trouble YX. At least, there's one noble thing, he could do for HYX as his dad.

Spoiler

1. BLMX arrived at Qin mansion, directly put her hands all over LFY. HYX was so jealous, she made herself prettier, talked boldly about her status and moved LFY bedroom.

2. When HYX and LFY are in the cold war, BLMX lured HYX out of GBY house by making fake letter. HYX got deceived and thought LFY wanted to meet her to reconcile but the truth is it was bait for kidnapping.They ran into some fights and BLMX died. HYX and LFY got the chance to have 'heart to heart' conversation about their future and they visit Mei Hai.

Spoilers.....

Can someone explain to me about the singing bird ? What is that? It seems weird to me 

The "Poison" animals are part of the Poison Sect hence they are linked directly to the family members of the Poison Sect.

The Poison squirrel is the DNA kit while the bird is the tracker. It is send out by Doctor Gu to track for the missing Poison Master.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Really? The show needs to sort out its timeline quick smart. Because I'm seriously confused. :o

I cannot believe that the boy who was rescued by Mdm Tian Xin was only 5 years old. He looked more like he was 12 or older. Certainly the flashbacks of YX as a child with her mother has her looking more like 8-10 rather than 1. The show tells us that LFY only returned to the palace 15 years ago. So the fact that he's only 20 at the start of the drama seems... I dunno... hard to believe.

Maybe those extra episodes they're talking about releasing can sort things out for us in that regard.

Well, we have to give her some credit for persistence ;) but honestly it does get annoying after a while and what she does later is just unforgivable. 

Well, that was what provided by the drama :lol:.

If we go by the novel though, LFY would be 23 y.o while HYX would be 17-18 y.o.

1 hour ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I hate BLMX but we have to thank her otherwise HYX would always be running away when confronted about her feelings to LFY. Remember, 'mu ping zi kui' incident it's because of BLMX.:D . 

Compared to BLMX, I hate poison Master more. Jeez, <_< he had done nothing in his life other than hurting people and bring troubles. I really appreciate if he stayed confidential and developed the cure for LFY by himself even if it cost him his life. He could've asked GBY for help if he didn't want to trouble YX. At least, there's one noble thing, he could do for HYX as his dad.

I completely agree with you. It would be better if he actually tried to know HYX more before decided to acknowledge her and thus hurt both LFY and HYX. If HYX was living in a happy marriage life with her husband, why did he have to ruin it? Instead of that, he actually should try to redeem his past mistake. At this point, I think Han Congan was better than the Poison Master. 

@40somethingahjumma Definitely feeling better after eps 21 :lol:. ( though BLMX’s face still annoys me ) . That confession on her part , followed by the sweet hug made me smile . I repeated the scene a few times . But what I like better was that she told him everything about how she ended up spying for ED & about looking for her mother. I could tell how it must have pained him knowing her Mother is dead but he can’t tell her . He is the one with the secrets now 

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

I also prefer "handsome aloof male falls for cheery girl" storyline than "the loud-mouth jerk reforms when he falls in love". For the 2nd one, it feels like it's every girl's dream to tame a handsome badboy. In my case, I dont trust bad boys who turns nice because he falls in love. The 1st one is more believable, and I even have an example in real life. One of my friends is like YX and her husband is cold and aloof like Feiye *LOL* . 

Same here.  I’m rarely a fan of jerks with a heart of gold type of story . Even for k dramas , I have been consciously avoiding such story lines. As @40somethingahjumma knows  , my last drama crack & Favourite OTP this year was from A Poem A Day ( k drama ) . The leads there have   quite similar personalities to the leads in this  drama & their interactions to an extent are similar as well. So I am so happy I finally found this drama to replace the void .

@cancergirl87 Thanks for the info. Don’t open if you don’t know the ending 

Spoiler

A couple of my colleagues are watching this . So to be honest they ( since they can understand mandarin) have completed & kind of spoiled the ending for me ( anyway spoilers every where ) , so I’m just hoping the release of the 2eps can bring some resolution that many are hoping for 

7 hours ago, rhaps said:

I'm inclined to think that Feiye is around 25-27 years old. Yes, the child Feiye should be at least 10 yrs old.

I also prefer "handsome aloof male falls for cheery girl" storyline than "the loud-mouth jerk reforms when he falls in love". For the 2nd one, it feels like it's every girl's dream to tame a handsome badboy. In my case, I dont trust bad boys who turns nice because he falls in love. The 1st one is more believable, and I even have an example in real life. One of my friends is like YX and her husband is cold and aloof like Feiye *LOL* . 

And yes, why must cheery spunky girls have to be silly? That's the reason why I've been watching dramas like investigation ones or action stuffs. The romance ones are so typical, with the same spunky girls . In real life, some intelligent guys prefer intelligent girls too, because it's easier to communicate and to share things. I like it that Feiye-YX are complementing each other, working together through difficult situations. 

That age bracket makes much more sense to me. For goodness sake, he commanded an entire army. Yes, he's gifted and brilliant but still... ;)

One of the common flaws of the "handsome aloof male" despite being wonderfully capable, is this bad habit of keeping things to himself especially from the female lead. In that regard, LFY has taken a leaf out of that playbook. ;) He takes everything on himself, shoulders everything and his idea of protecting the woman of his love is to make her think he is a complete scumbag so that she'll look elsewhere. Part of his development is to learn to not only to be more forthcoming about his feelings for her but to allow her to get inside his headspace. LFY is great everything... too good but his weakness is that he tries to take charge of everything including her choices. I don't think he's wrong in wanting to protect her from real dangers but the reality is that his life and hers constantly intersect and he wastes so much time pulling away. I still think that with the kind of personality she has, she is safest with him. A common thing that's said in C dramas is "the most dangerous place is also the safest one" or "hiding in plain sight". But I get it... he wants her to have a future because his is uncertain. Still he needs to respect her choices and not take that away from her.

There's something she says later on which I agree with... the road a person travels on is a sum of their choices... or something to that effect. LFY takes a lot on himself even when he doesn't need to. But he's a decent human being that cares much more than he lets on.

But he needs to share! And it's clear he needs her by his side.

7 hours ago, graceeedwardmom said:

I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around. ;) There's a very long line of culprits that should get their comeuppance. Lots of bad decisions were made by the previous generation that's not only come to bite them but the kiddies as well.

One thing that's good about this show is that there are no cookie cutter villains. There plenty of people doing things they think is right because of their beliefs and ambitions.  I don't personally think BLMX is the worst but I'm definitely embarrassed by her obsession and her inability to take "no" for an answer. As for the Poison Master, I think he behaved quite consistently all throughout in that he has a selfish streak. He probably should have kept his distance and kept his mouth shut but he's getting on and she's the only family that he has. 

5 hours ago, triplem said:

@40somethingahjumma Definitely feeling better after eps 21 :lol:. ( though BLMX’s face still annoys me ) . That confession on her part , followed by the sweet hug made me smile . I repeated the scene a few times . But what I like better was that she told him everything about how she ended up spying for ED & about looking for her mother. I could tell how it must have pained him knowing her Mother is dead but he can’t tell her . He is the one with the secrets now 

He smiles so nicely, doesn't he? He starts off being curt and then speaks ever so gently. 

I love how he is taken aback by her confession. 

Woohoo... we've finally reached page 20!

Archived