Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传


sugarplum892

Recommended Posts

On 9/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, owlstar said:

I really really liked this OTP and kept wanting to rewatch their scenes!  You can find all their scenes with English subtitles in this playlist here:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpktD56Kg_bXRUZmU18ypst0AWsTiQ9m4

 

 

 

FYI I think Youtube restricts some of the clips based on your location.

Thank you so very much for your hard work!  This is wonderful!:lol:

Looking at the running times it's actually surprising how little time the OTP have together overall.  Just goes to show what a good OTP they are that they made such an impact on the audience:heart:.

 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:28 PM, owlstar said:

I'm also guilty of watching (at least the 1st half) multiple times, and seeing over again how the ice cube slowly melts. :P   I do appreciate ZZH's microexpressions, and the way he looks at her after he starts falling for her is just so swoon-worthy. :wub:

 

I've tried skimming through some of ZZH's other dramas and they're really not doing it for me.  I'm really hoping Zhao Ge turns out good!

Totally agree about ZZH's acting and that gorgeous smile makes his gradual melting even better.  He really impressed me with Legend of Yun Xi.  I hope his increased popularity and attention he received from Yun Xi means he can get some better projects from now.

 

ZZH was unlucky with most of his other dramas as he is with Yu Zheng Studio and Yu Zheng's dramas have been flopping for the last few years until this year with the big success of Story of Yanxi Palace.  I hope Zhao Ge is good because Yu Zheng dramas are unpredictable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this interview and didn't know that ZZH gave his lines to Xi Feng :O Interesting.

 

 

On 9/14/2018 at 3:59 AM, cancergirl87 said:

There is this one time when HYX ran away from LFY and he became quite "crazy" by distributing HYX posters across the continent only to find her. He even didn't care if his enemies will know that HYX is his weak point by doing that. 
 

Honestly, in the novel, if there is anyone who makes LFY loses his calm and rages with jealousy, it is GBY :D
 

In my interpretation, the detox system is a kind of dimension. I don't think it specifically exists in HYX's mind. Since it is a dimension, it can be anywhere but only HYX has the access to it. In the beginning, HYX only can "think" or "imagine" to get into her detox system, but later, her soul can wander inside it. She even can bring the poison beast inside that dimension too. If you still in chapter 280-ish, the detox system might still be seen as some ultra high-technology from the modern world, but actually it is also related to HYX's birth origin. 

 


OMG I just got up to ch. 300ish and that poster thing was hilarious! I need the ice cube to melt faster. 
OOoo That's interesting. I keep thinking that it's in her mind. Somewhere it explained that it was some "high tech technology" from the future...so I'll keep reading to figure it out. I'm assuming this detox system is like the magical bracelet in the drama?

 

On 9/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, ash1999 said:

 

Did you see the manga? My goodness, talking about 2 hottie. The way they drew Dr. Gu is almost identical to LFY. LFY is with long black hair while Dr. Gu is with brown hair. Dr. Gu is indeed a very handsome guy in the manga. 

 

To me, his love is more sincere than Valley Guy. GQS is way too animated but I guessed it's his way of loving Yunxi considering his background. 

 

The author makes Dr. Gu like an April breeze...delicate and fragile person. But seeing his actual drawing in the manga I wonder why not many women would go after him lol.

 

If you are at 280s then FLY should soften up because I think 269 or 270 was when Yunxi left him...and that was driving him up the wall. That scene was awesome of Yunxi because she put him on full blast ignore. She would not make eye contact with him regardless. And he was rendered speechless because here was a girl that always has this lovestruck expression on her face when she is around him then to completely dismiss his existence altogether. I was rooting for him to search for her for a good few chapters but it is LFY after all...she could only escape for a brief moment lol.

 

I prefer the novel romance because it's just so many beautiful moments for the couple. Even if gazillion characters are being introduced but their moments together never felt like it was cheated. The romance might have been slower due to the length of the novel but at the same time their growth as a couple is what's matter. FLY confession to mute granny will demonstrate how much Yunxi meant to him...and by far such a sweet and endearing revelation coming from LFY and how far he came to loving her.

 

 

 

Thanks for mentioning the Manga, I went to look it up but only found 23 chapters! I still don't like LFY yet.... I did like how he went crazy and distributed those HYX posters to look for her. XD Hilarious.  I just got up to the part where they found mute granny so I will have to wait and keep reading to see. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Yui. said:

OMG I just got up to ch. 300ish and that poster thing was hilarious! I need the ice cube to melt faster. 

OOoo That's interesting. I keep thinking that it's in her mind. Somewhere it explained that it was some "high tech technology" from the future...so I'll keep reading to figure it out. I'm assuming this detox system is like the magical bracelet in the drama?

 

I think since the drama totally wiped out the transmigration story, they would need some replacement to accommodate the detox system, hence the magical bracelet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2018 at 7:08 AM, owlstar said:

There was a rumor going around a while back that ZZH was going to play the lead Zhang Wu Ji in another remake of Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber (link), which didn't turn out to be true because the cast is completely different (link).  Kind of too bad bc I would've liked to see him in it!   Oh well... here's to hoping Zhao Ge gets an airing date soon.... 

Really?! He would have made an awesome ZWJ! I watched the two previous versions and while I liked the Alyssa Chia/Gao Yuan Yuan combo and Ady An as Zhao Min, I didn't like either actors for ZWJ, especially Deng Chao who looks so dull.  ZWJ is suppose to be a nice and a gentle guy, but I always picture him also as someone who is physically attractive and that's why so many girls fall for him. Also, I'm superficial and like my male leads good looking :tounge_wink:

23 hours ago, raziela said:

ZZH was unlucky with most of his other dramas as he is with Yu Zheng Studio and Yu Zheng's dramas have been flopping for the last few years until this year with the big success of Story of Yanxi Palace.  I hope Zhao Ge is good because Yu Zheng dramas are unpredictable. 

Yes, agreed. I'm watching Ban Shu Legend now...it took about 5-6 episodes for me to really get interested and also maybe because that's when ZZH started to have more screen time :joy:. I like Ban Shu's strong and independent character, and Jing Tian is really cute, but the chemistry between her and ZZH is sub-par compared to JJY and him. Actually, I think JT has more chemistry with the guy who plays the general who likes her lol. And it's really weird to see a very tanned ZZH compared to a very pale LFY LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2018 at 9:32 AM, ash1999 said:

 

JJY playing the ending song to Legend of Yun Xi. She is such a talented person. I wished it was a longer version cause it's beautiful...only makes me missed LFY and Yunxi :)

 

Wow she is so talented! I would have loved to have her and ZZH sing the theme song together, he has quite a nice voice as well.

 

I'm enjoying the novel so much, a lot more than I thought I would! =) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2018 at 2:32 AM, ash1999 said:

 

JJY playing the ending song to Legend of Yun Xi. She is such a talented person. I wished it was a longer version cause it's beautiful...only makes me missed LFY and Yunxi :)

 

Thank you!  That is so gorgeous and, yes, it makes me miss LFY and YX too .

 

JJY is so talented in so many things: singing, dancing, plays multiple instruments, acting, drawing and so pretty to top it all off.  Girl is blessed! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2018 at 12:23 PM, raziela said:

Thank you so very much for your hard work!  This is wonderful!:lol:

Looking at the running times it's actually surprising how little time the OTP have together overall.  Just goes to show what a good OTP they are that they made such an impact on the audience:heart:.

 

ZZH was unlucky with most of his other dramas as he is with Yu Zheng Studio and Yu Zheng's dramas have been flopping for the last few years until this year with the big success of Story of Yanxi Palace.  I hope Zhao Ge is good because Yu Zheng dramas are unpredictable. 

 

Yes their scenes are pretty few and far between, but they have so much chemistry when they're together so it's quality over quantity. :)

 

I honestly had never heard of ZZH until Legend of Yun Xi, and was surprised to find out that he's been in the industry for quite a while.  I didn't even know that Yu Zheng has his own actors/actresses, seems like his more popular dramas are ones featuring leads that are not his?  (Zhao Li Ying in Legend of Lu Zhen, Yang Mi in Gong, etc)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, taragreen said:

Really?! He would have made an awesome ZWJ! I watched the two previous versions and while I liked the Alyssa Chia/Gao Yuan Yuan combo and Ady An as Zhao Min, I didn't like either actors for ZWJ, especially Deng Chao who looks so dull.  ZWJ is suppose to be a nice and a gentle guy, but I always picture him also as someone who is physically attractive and that's why so many girls fall for him. Also, I'm superficial and like my male leads good looking :tounge_wink:

Yes, agreed. I'm watching Ban Shu Legend now...it took about 5-6 episodes for me to really get interested and also maybe because that's when ZZH started to have more screen time :joy:. I like Ban Shu's strong and independent character, and Jing Tian is really cute, but the chemistry between her and ZZH is sub-par compared to JJY and him. Actually, I think JT has more chemistry with the guy who plays the general who likes her lol. And it's really weird to see a very tanned ZZH compared to a very pale LFY LOL

 

My favorite ZWJ is probably Tony Leung (i'm sure that ages me lol) because I grew up watching that.  For some reason they like to cast old-looking ZWJ in other versions.  I also really liked the Alyssia Chia/Gao Yuan Yuan combo too, Ady An was fine but the Zhou Zhi Ruo in that version was a horrible miscast.  The newest version's Zhao Min (Chen Yu Qi) actually really reminds me of Alyssia Chia.  I've never heard of the actor playing ZWJ... I just know he's not ZZH, too bad. ^_^

 

I was so distracted by how orange-y tan ZZH looks in Legend of Ban Shu lol.  Not sure why it is but everyone just looks... less attractive in that drama.  Even Merxat and Dilraba looked odd in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, owlstar said:

I was so distracted by how orange-y tan ZZH looks in Legend of Ban Shu lol.  Not sure why it is but everyone just looks... less attractive in that drama.  Even Merxat and Dilraba looked odd in it.

I finished Ban Shu Legend but didn't enjoy it much LOL, too predictable and characters not well developed. Agree that the make up department failed for the drama - all the women have kabuki-style make up with very very white faces while all the males are so orange and tan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is anyone else reading the translated novel online??? It is soooo good! I love it so much! Now, I really wished they had made the drama much longer and added more scenes and characters from the novel! 

 

Like this scene: :grimace:

Unexpectedly, her first sight upon going in was an undressed Long Feiye preparing to enter the hot springs. His long, slender body was refined from all angles, the cold, stiff contours as beautiful as the edges of a perfect knife. The strong visual assault forced Han Yunxi to stop in her tracks and freeze in place. She only felt a rush of blood to her head and narrowly avoiding her mind shattering to pieces. Even so, Han Yunxi still couldn’t pull her eyes away. That wild, unruly back, sexy behind, long legs, each and every part was filled with boundless physical strength, overwhelming her brain with various thoughts.

At this moment, Han Yunxi only felt one way: there was no saving her now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, taragreen said:

https://youtu.be/Lm_kYlr_6WY

 

In case any one else, like me, cannot get enough of his handsome face :love:

 

That's real fan dedication lol.  :w00t:

 

5 hours ago, taragreen said:

Is anyone else reading the translated novel online??? It is soooo good! I love it so much! Now, I really wished they had made the drama much longer and added more scenes and characters from the novel! 

 

I'm on Chapter 40, and it's actually really good!  I didn't realize how short the chapters are, so the number of chapters is not as crazy intimidating as it seemed.  I like that I can visualize ZZH and JJY as the characters... it's like getting to "watch" the drama again with fresh scenes! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am close to finishing the translated current chapters of the novel. The only problem, I am in no hurry to get it done lol. Because then I won't have anything to go back to. 

 

I love...love the novel. They made Yun Xi so darn smart than her enemies. If they get her for something, she will gladly return it to them with a basket full. And when she makes a bet lol. People are scared of betting with her cause she just wins. 

 

Long Feiye is sometimes so funny with his jealousy. When Dr. Gu and Yun Xi talked about little thing and can carry on the conversation, he gets all bothered with it. When he said, what's so interesting about a rat...then Xifeng was confused and replied, it's not a rat it's a squirrel. 

 

And when the staff is in trouble they turned to Yun Xi knowing that she'll save them. Because all she had to do is asked Long Feiye 3 times and he'll say do as you please lol. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2018 at 12:19 AM, owlstar said:

I was so distracted by how orange-y tan ZZH looks in Legend of Ban Shu lol.  Not sure why it is but everyone just looks... less attractive in that drama.  Even Merxat and Dilraba looked odd in it.

I think it's a combination of bad make-up, most were chubbier, varying amounts of plastic surgery, and, most importantly, no filter.  Now most of the dramas have beauty filters that smooth and whiten the the skin and make pores and imperfections disappear.  It's really noticeable watching a drama now and a drama from a few years ago.  I rewatched Bu Bu Jing Xin from 2011 over the Christmas holidays and I was surprised by seeing spots, pores, eyebags, wrinkles even their skin looks darker instead of the impossibly smooth ivory skin so many actors seem to have now  :w00t:

5 hours ago, taragreen said:

Is anyone else reading the translated novel online??? It is soooo good! I love it so much! Now, I really wished they had made the drama much longer and added more scenes and characters from the novel! 

Thanks for the excerpt.  DramaYun Xi is all business during this part and focused on her spying.  Clearly, very different to BookYunXi reaction :P

43 minutes ago, owlstar said:

I'm on Chapter 40, and it's actually really good!  I didn't realize how short the chapters are, so the number of chapters is not as crazy intimidating as it seemed.  I like that I can visualize ZZH and JJY as the characters... it's like getting to "watch" the drama again with fresh scenes! 

I am enjoying it so much.  It's an easy read so far and the chapters are so short and go by very quickly.  Same as you guys I'm imagining ZZH and JJY in the book.  There are quite a few scenes I would have liked to see onscreen.  However, I can understand why they had to modify the plot due to the number of characters and plot points the drama would have become too complicated and their budget definitely would not have stretched that far.  Still would have loved even more OTP scenes of course!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, owlstar said:

I like that I can visualize ZZH and JJY as the characters... it's like getting to "watch" the drama again with fresh scenes! 

Yes! I think that's a huge part of why I like the novel! 

 

50 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

I am close to finishing the translated current chapters of the novel. The only problem, I am in no hurry to get it done lol. Because then I won't have anything to go back to. 

 

I love...love the novel. They made Yun Xi so darn smart than her enemies. If they get her for something, she will gladly return it to them with a basket full. And when she makes a bet lol. People are scared of betting with her cause she just wins. 

 

Long Feiye is sometimes so funny with his jealousy. When Dr. Gu and Yun Xi talked about little thing and can carry on the conversation, he gets all bothered with it. When he said, what's so interesting about a rat...then Xifeng was confused and replied, it's not a rat it's a squirrel. 

 

And when the staff is in trouble they turned to Yun Xi knowing that she'll save them. Because all she had to do is asked Long Feiye 3 times and he'll say do as you please lol. 

 

I'm on Chap 178 and I'm hoping they will have more translated so I won't have to wait long lol. I also like the Novel Yunxi is really smart and no BS kinda girl. I love how she tells LFY off and walks away with no qualms LOL. I think that's why he's so attracted to her because nobody has ever dared to talk back to him or treat him as an equal. It's funny how they always describe him so god-like. I wished they had shown LFY being on roof tops more in the drama, some of scenes described in the novel seemed so cool! I do love all his outfits in the drama though - he looked really good in everything and all colors.

46 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks for the excerpt.  DramaYun Xi is all business during this part and focused on her spying.  Clearly, very different to BookYunXi reaction :P

Drama Yunxi was a lot more innocent and naive  :lol:

 

And I would have no problems being "visually assaulted" if they wanted to show more scenes of ZZH bathing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's really delightful if more people find the novel is as interesting as the drama (if not more :)). 

Just for your information, if you still have not known, currently the translator is taking a rest after she got in a car accident. But she said no worries because she will be back soon. 

 

Actually, there are really a lot of things that could be explored and adapted into the drama, but well, the production has been done and that was what we got :D. Though, I would gladly watch 60+ episodes if the drama is closely adapting the novel :P.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2018 at 2:25 AM, ash1999 said:

I love...love the novel. They made Yun Xi so darn smart than her enemies. If they get her for something, she will gladly return it to them with a basket full. And when she makes a bet lol. People are scared of betting with her cause she just wins. 

Yes, I love that I'm so happy that she isn't the typical happy-go-lucky, plucky airhead.  she's smart, cabpable, insolent sometimes and confident in her abilities.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:14 AM, taragreen said:

Yes! I think that's a huge part of why I like the novel! 

 

I'm on Chap 178 and I'm hoping they will have more translated so I won't have to wait long lol. I also like the Novel Yunxi is really smart and no BS kinda girl. I love how she tells LFY off and walks away with no qualms LOL. I think that's why he's so attracted to her because nobody has ever dared to talk back to him or treat him as an equal. It's funny how they always describe him so god-like. I wished they had shown LFY being on roof tops more in the drama, some of scenes described in the novel seemed so cool! I do love all his outfits in the drama though - he looked really good in everything and all colors.

Drama Yunxi was a lot more innocent and naive  :lol:

 

And I would have no problems being "visually assaulted" if they wanted to show more scenes of ZZH bathing 

I agree. I really loved the rooftop scenes we had in the drama.  Would love to see more and more of the epic luxurious scenes in the drama but they obviously didn't have the budget.   The wardrobe, particularly for LFY was excellent.

 

On 9/27/2018 at 3:14 AM, taragreen said:

And I would have no problems being "visually assaulted" if they wanted to show more scenes of ZZH bathing 

I wouldn't mind either but if we are going to see more LFY bottom - I demand better body double this time, please!:unsure:

 

On 9/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, cancergirl87 said:

It's really delightful if more people find the novel is as interesting as the drama (if not more :)). 

Just for your information, if you still have not known, currently the translator is taking a rest after she got in a car accident. But she said no worries because she will be back soon. 

 

Actually, there are really a lot of things that could be explored and adapted into the drama, but well, the production has been done and that was what we got :D. Though, I would gladly watch 60+ episodes if the drama is closely adapting the novel :P.

 

Thanks for explaining about the translator.  That's so sad!  I hope it was nothing serious and she is recovering well.

 

They did well with what they had but I would have loved to see this drama with the same cast and director but a much bigger budget.  It could have been so epic!

 

I am glad they got rid of the transmigration plot.  It's a tired plot device that I have never been fond of and I found the way itit happens so unbelievable and it's also too unrealistic how HYX adapts to everything so quickly.  I don't like the futuristic sci-fi pocket dimension with her medical tools and poison knowledge either. I prefer the drama's version of her mother's magical bracelet.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, ash1999 said:

I love...love the novel. They made Yun Xi so darn smart than her enemies. If they get her for something, she will gladly return it to them with a basket full. And when she makes a bet lol. People are scared of betting with her cause she just wins. 

 

Novel Yun Xi is so fierce!  I love how she always ups the ante when people try to bring her down.  Also, girl is kinda obsessed with making people take their clothes off in public lol. :sweatingbullets:

 

On 9/27/2018 at 3:41 AM, cancergirl87 said:

It's really delightful if more people find the novel is as interesting as the drama (if not more :)). 

Just for your information, if you still have not known, currently the translator is taking a rest after she got in a car accident. But she said no worries because she will be back soon. 

 

I hope the translator is ok... she did a really good job with the translation!  Granted this is my first translated novel but I'm so hooked!!  I'm on Ch. 360 and dreading reaching the end of available chapters already.  Given that there's still 700+ chapters to go and she does 1 chapter a day... it's going to be about 2 years before it's done?  :blink:

 

On 9/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, taragreen said:

I'm on Chap 178 and I'm hoping they will have more translated so I won't have to wait long lol. I also like the Novel Yunxi is really smart and no BS kinda girl. I love how she tells LFY off and walks away with no qualms LOL. I think that's why he's so attracted to her because nobody has ever dared to talk back to him or treat him as an equal. It's funny how they always describe him so god-like. I wished they had shown LFY being on roof tops more in the drama, some of scenes described in the novel seemed so cool! I do love all his outfits in the drama though - he looked really good in everything and all colors.

Drama Yunxi was a lot more innocent and naive  :lol:

 

 

Not sure if it's because I'm imagining ZZH & JJY but their chemistry even in the book is off the charts! Their scenes together especially when they start getting physical are kinda hot.   :wub:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..