[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

1 minute ago, rosierosie said:

I was confusing the Destint of the White Snake with the Jing Yu!! Lol no wondered Jing Yu looks nothing like the actress in Destiny of the White Snake. When is Jing Yu version of white snake coming out? Is it drama or movie?? Omg I'm gonna be excited for Jing Yu white snake version because I like her acting. 

Spoiler

its a series https://mydramalist.com/28057-legend-of-white-snake i like the male lead also so super hyped. 

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Wotad said:
  Hide contents

its a series https://mydramalist.com/28057-legend-of-white-snake i like the male lead also so super hyped. 

The poster looks awesome!!! Alan Yu is kind of cute too ;)!! I wish it was Zheng ZhuHeng though lol. Looks like the drama will air 2019??? That's so long! 

edit: lol jk Alan does looks cute too. He has that boyish yet handsome look. I torlaly forgot there is a thread for Madam White Snake 

Hoping LOYX ep 18 and 19 sub soon!!

I binged watched about 15-20 episodes in the last 26 hours. Can't remember exactly how many because I skipped a couple here and there so that I could get an overall sense of the storyline and reach the ending in some sort of cogent fashion. :D But yeah, I only slept about 5 hours. :P

At the centre of story about the misuse and abuse of poisons, is an extraordinary couple. I suppose that because this is the Legend of Yunxi... one should say that an extraordinary woman deserves an equally extraordinary man. Or that only an extraordinary woman is any kind of match for a man of incredible talents and needs. ;) My greatest pleasure in watching this relationship develop was seeing the change in Long Fei Ye. To see him thaw out and SMILE... :wub: was precious.

Spoiler

As a whole I really, really liked it. The push and pull in the second half was ridiculous to the extreme but I bought it for the most part. ;) All the Noble Idiocy on the part of Long Fei Ye/Prince Qin was frustrating and there was a point I started to like Tang Li because he said exactly what I was thinking, "I can't take this anymore!". FY went from freezing her out,  divorcing her, to calling her names. All the while he's protecting her from behind the scenes. But the beauty of the show is that even though I wanted to give FY a hard shake some of the time, I understood why he did what he did.

Aside from the leads, Xifeng is one of my favourites. He was onboard the OTP's ship from the early days... ;) nudging things along the way, did his bit to help YX "understand" the Prince's intentions and talking some gentle sense where needed. ;)

Baili Mingxiang, good Lord... on the other hand was a terrible nuisance. I would have loved to have stabbed her myself when she whined for the tenth time about why Fei Ye ge ge doesn't love her when they grew up together, when she's done all this... blah blah blah... She became quite unhinged at the end. Her so-called love for FY was rather selfish, it seems to me. She was doing things to be noticed... to be appreciated. Despite all her protestations, she did things because she wanted to earn FY's love. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Qi Shao overall, I could see at least that he really cared about YX's welfare even though I think there are times he was a bit over-the-top. 

The most appalling aspect of the Bad Guy plot was the use of commoners and children as subjects for human experimentation. Hundreds maybe even thousands had to die because a ruler doesn't understand what truly brings stability to a country. He was obsessed with maintaining his power and watching Prince Qin closely to the detriment of managing his own household. In the end... he was destroyed by his own fixation to hold on to power. Pity that he had to drag so many good people down with him before he did a back flip down the local cliff and even then, he still didn't get it. 

The ending:

Spoiler

I need more explanation. How in the world did YX resurrect herself? Did the poison she imbibe contain some kind of magic elixir that would revive her after death? Did Heaven have pity on LFY and brought her back to life? Was it the magic bracelet?

I was quite prepared to accept the sad ending. That was telegraphed for several episodes at least. The final gambit sealed the deal. They needed FY to conduct the final military campaign and stop the rampaging zombies from killing and reproducing. It was reason enough for me for YX to make the sacrifice. I understood her position and Qi Feng. There was a bit NiF 2 in that.

So why tack on a happy reunion when no effort was made to explain it? Is FY actually dead from grieving for YX and now they're in some kind of afterlife together? 

28 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I binged watched about 15-20 episodes in the last 26 hours. Can't remember exactly how many because I skipped a couple here and there so that I could get an overall sense of the storyline and reach the ending in some sort of cogent fashion. :D But yeah, I only slept about 5 hours. :P

At the centre of story about the misuse and abuse of poisons, is an extraordinary couple. I suppose that because this is the Legend of Yunxi... one should say that an extraordinary woman deserves an equally extraordinary man. Or that only an extraordinary woman is any kind of match for a man of incredible talents and needs. ;) My greatest pleasure in watching this relationship develop was seeing the change in Long Fei Ye. To see him thaw out and SMILE... :wub: was precious.

Hide contents

As a whole I really, really liked it. The push and pull in the second half was ridiculous to the extreme but I bought it for the most part. ;) All the Noble Idiocy on the part of Long Fei Ye/Prince Qin was frustrating and there was a point I started to like Tang Li because he said exactly what I was thinking, "I can't take this anymore!". FY went from freezing her out,  divorcing her, to calling her names. All the while he's protecting her from behind the scenes. But the beauty of the show is that even though I wanted to give FY a hard shake some of the time, I understood why he did what he did.

Aside from the leads, Xifeng is one of my favourites. He was onboard the OTP's ship from the early days... ;) nudging things along the way, did his bit to help YX "understand" the Prince's intentions and talking some gentle sense where needed. ;)

Baili Mingxiang, good Lord... on the other hand was a terrible nuisance. I would have loved to have stabbed her myself when she whined for the tenth time about why Fei Ye ge ge doesn't love her when they grew up together, when she's done all this... blah blah blah... She became quite unhinged at the end. Her so-called love for FY was rather selfish, it seems to me. She was doing things to be noticed... to be appreciated. Despite all her protestations, she did things because she wanted to earn FY's love. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Qi Shao overall, I could see at least that he really cared about YX's welfare even though I think there are times he was a bit over-the-top. 

The most appalling aspect of the Bad Guy plot was the use of commoners and children as subjects for human experimentation. Hundreds maybe even thousands had to die because a ruler doesn't understand what truly brings stability to a country. He was obsessed with maintaining his power and watching Prince Qin closely to the detriment of managing his own household. In the end... he was destroyed by his own fixation to hold on to power. Pity that he had to drag so many good people down with him before he did a back flip down the local cliff and even then, he still didn't get it. 

The ending:

Hide contents

I need more explanation. How in the world did YX resurrect herself? Did the poison she imbibe contain some kind of magic elixir that would revive her after death? Did Heaven have pity on LFY and brought her back to life? Was it the magic bracelet?

I was quite prepared to accept the sad ending. That was telegraphed for several episodes at least. The final gambit sealed the deal. They needed FY to conduct the final military campaign and stop the rampaging zombies from killing and reproducing. It was reason enough for me for YX to make the sacrifice. I understood her position and Qi Feng. There was a bit NiF 2 in that.

So why tack on a happy reunion when no effort was made to explain it? Is FY actually dead from grieving for YX and now they're in some kind of afterlife together? 

Spoiler

People are just assuming the bracelet resurrected her when it started flashing like she was teleported to that world or something? 

The ending is a bit odd from the bracelet sparkling and shining from someone getting the bracelet people think its YX but slow down that scene and u see a face and it looks like the princess.. its just all weird.  We need someone who can read the last pages of the book to tell us. 

10 hours ago, rhaps said:

If only I could understand the language . I could only guess what's going on . Do you think that there's still enough materials for Season 2? 

Ans, it seems that the impression is positive, despite the weird ending. I checked douban and it got 6.3. I think that's not bad, although isnt good either since some idol dramas that I checked got 4-5 :P

I think so. Tang Li mentioned before his coronation that the reunification process was not complete. One of the court officials was hassling TL about expanding his harem because he's been married a year to NJ and there was still no sign of a baby. :D I also think that TL will struggle a little with being on the throne so may be big brother will have to make a comeback.

If indeed YX is still alive, they can come up with another Bad Guy Plot involving poisons.

But it all depends on the ratings and whether there's money on the offing to make a second series.

Anyway, I'm going to help edit the subs on YT. Not sure how much time I have but I'll help out where I can.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:48 PM, shizniz00 said:

just found out about this cdrama yesterday and did a marathon of 17 eps since it's soo good!! it's been awhile since i found a good cdrama and so glad i found this one. hopefully the rest of the episodes will continue to be as good. 

btw can someone tell me when the episodes are released each week and how many per week? thanks

@shizniz00 iQiyi releases 6 episodes per weeks from Monday to Wednesday (2 episodes per day).

However, if you are a VIP member of iQiyi, you could watch all the 48 episodes.

I watch with engsub in 4udrama, which follows the rules of iQiyi (6 episodes per week) and release them from Tuesday to Thursday.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

PM me and let me know where you saw episode 25 onwards.

@rhaps Hello dear! It's been a while.

It could be the translation programme that the subbers are using. I noticed that in the first three episodes Qin wang was translated into "king", "duke" and "prince". :lol: But "prince" should be the right term here. If he were the emperor's nephew or other kind of relative not in direct line for the throne, "duke" or "marquis" might have been okay. 

王 (wang) = prince

公 (gong) = duke

侯 (hou) = marquis

In regards to the translation of Qin wang to Duke of Qin, maybe the translator for the drama follow the translation for the book. The translator for the book use "Duke" instead of "Prince".

On 7/16/2018 at 10:52 PM, Wotad said:

They are probs not making one but still i feel like it could do with one.

I wish we could know the book ending does no-one here read chinese or read the book? 

On 7/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, Wotad said:
  Hide contents

The ending is a bit odd from the bracelet sparkling and shining from someone getting the bracelet people think its YX but slow down that scene and u see a face and it looks like the princess.. its just all weird.  We need someone who can read the last pages of the book to tell us. 

7 hours ago, rhaps said:

With an ending like that, I also want a 2nd season. But it's also a dilemma, since, usually, 2nd season sucks. I wonder whether this drama has covered the whole novel, despite the changes. Regarding the ratings, I'm also curious. I checked several forums and the response were mostly positive. 

Yaaay, thanks a lot to you and all the subbers out there !

In regards of the drama versus novel:

Spoiler

1. As far as I know from other forums, the novel which title is translated as Poison Genius Consort has an open ending as well as the drama. However, the author is planning (if not already writing) for the sequel.

2. The drama does not cover the whole novel and it is also has different story telling as well. Some of the novel main points were taken by the drama though.

If you are interested with some of the differences between novel and drama:

Spoiler

- The element of transmigration from modern world is eliminated in the drama.

- The drama merged some of the characters in the novel (ie. Bai Li Ming Xiang is supposedly merged from 3 characters in the novel, Gu Qi Shao is supposedly merged from 2 characters). There are also some original character in the drama.

- Long Fei Ye is a normal person in the novel instead of a "poison zombie"

- The real identity of the real Han Yunxi (original body before the soul swapped with modern Han Yunxi) is more complicated than the drama verse.

- Some of the supporting characters are painted differently in the drama.

- The politics are more complicated since it involved more than 3 kingdoms/empires.

32 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

@shizniz00 iQiyi releases 6 episodes per weeks from Monday to Wednesday (2 episodes per day).

However, if you are a VIP member of iQiyi, you could watch all the 48 episodes.

I watch with engsub in 4udrama, which follows the rules of iQiyi (6 episodes per week) and release them from Tuesday to Thursday.

In regards to the translation of Qin wang to Duke of Qin, maybe the translator for the drama follow the translation for the book. The translator for the book use "Duke" instead of "Prince".

In regards of the drama versus novel:

Hide contents

1. As far as I know from other forums, the novel which title is translated as Poison Genius Consort has an open ending as well as the drama. However, the author is planning (if not already writing) for the sequel.

2. The drama does not cover the whole novel and it is also has different story telling as well. Some of the novel main points were taken by the drama though.

If you are interested with some of the differences between novel and drama:

Hide contents

- The element of transmigration from modern world is eliminated in the drama.

- The drama merged some of the characters in the novel (ie. Bai Li Ming Xiang is supposedly merged from 3 characters in the novel, Gu Qi Shao is supposedly merged from 2 characters). There are also some original character in the drama.

- Long Fei Ye is a normal person in the novel instead of a "poison zombie"

- The real identity of the real Han Yunxi (original body before the soul swapped with modern Han Yunxi) is more complicated than the drama verse.

- Some of the supporting characters are painted differently in the drama.

- The politics are more complicated since it involved more than 3 kingdoms/empires.

Spoiler

I think i liked some of the changes they made in the show compared to the novel , made it more simpler which is fine. 

47 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Hey, thanks!

Regarding the novel ending :

Hide contents

Oh, if the 2nd season is based on the writer's imagination her(?)self, then that's great . I believe that only the writer can come up with a good plot. They just have to find a way to merge the new story with the changes in the drama :P .

About the changes in the drama, I've heard about changes no 1-3, but never heard about the rest. Actually I read several chapters of the novel, but it was too long and I just jumped from one chapter to another, randomly picking some parts. If I understand it correctly, Yunxi's character is also rather different, isnt it? I think the novel Yunxi is more calm and feminine. Qin wang is as cold as he is in the drama, though.

Spoiler

Yes, I think the novel Yunxi is more feminine in a way. As for Qin wang, I still think the novel version is colder than the drama version ^_^.

Actually the open ending in the novel is totally different from the drama verse so I don't think the author would link the sequel with the drama. It is another story though if the author interested to write scenario for Legend of Yunxi 2 :)

7 minutes ago, cancergirl87 said:

Hide contents

Yes, I think the novel Yunxi is more feminine in a way. As for Qin wang, I still think the novel version is colder than the drama version ^_^.

Actually the open ending in the novel is totally different from the drama verse so I don't think the author would link the sequel with the drama. It is another story though if the author interested to write scenario for Legend of Yunxi 2 :)

how did the novel end?

10 minutes ago, Wotad said:

how did the novel end?

If anyone interested in reading the novel, I suggest to avoid reading this.

Spoiler

Honestly I haven't read the book until the end since the translation currently is still in progress (570 chapters out of 1370 chapter)

(I really like the translator and the quality of the translation ^_^).

Someone has been kind enough to share a spoiler for those who want to know the ending and it was said that both LFY and HYX are in the state of neither live or die but at least they already have descendants.

On 7/15/2018 at 3:54 PM, rosierosie said:

He is poisoned with poison Gu, how did that happened or did I missed it? I read some spoilers that Yunxi's blood can cure him

I am not sure if someone answered this already but as I understand it, he was first poisoned and experimented on over 15 years ago when he was still a kid, before he was saved by YX's mom.  I think the poison's effect comes and goes even though he has learned to manage it better.  He has been minimizing the effect of that poison with LMX's blood (referred to in general as Beauty's blood:D), which she has introduced poison into for the last close to 10 years for the sole purpose of using poison to treat his poison hoping to save him and have him live with her happily ever after:D.   I think the most recent relapse happened because he ate the sweet cakes that YX made for him in which she put in special ingredients to counteract the poison she detected in the concoction LMX was brewing to give to LFY, thereby making the Beauty blood remedy ineffective.

6 hours ago, yueyyo said:

I am not sure if someone answered this already but as I understand it, he was first poisoned and experimented on over 15 years ago when he was still a kid, before he was saved by YX's mom.  I think the poison's effect comes and goes even though he has learned to manage it better.  He has been minimizing the effect of that poison with LMX's blood (referred to in general as Beauty's blood:D), which she has introduced poison into for the last close to 10 years for the sole purpose of using poison to treat his poison hoping to save him and have him live with her happily ever after:D.   I think the most recent relapse happened because he ate the sweet cakes that YX made for him in which she put in special ingredients to counteract the poison she detected in the concoction LMX was brewing to give to LFY, thereby making the Beauty blood remedy ineffective.

thanks!! Wait so LMX has poison in her blood?? Wondered how YX gonna feel when she learns that Duke Qin Ye Fei  drink LMX's blood?? 

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

thanks!! Wait so LMX has poison in her blood?? Wondered how YX gonna feel when she learns that Duke Qin Ye Fei  drink LMX's blood?? 

Yes, BLMX want to save FeiYue so she have to take in her body lot of poison to create "Beauty blood" and give to FeiYue to be able to save him. But that including lot of different kind of poisons that she need to take into her body.  She is too crazy in love with Feiyu and thinking by doing this he will love her back. 

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

so LMX has poison in her blood?

I think there's 300 different kinds of poison that she had to gradually take into her blood in order for the beauty's blood remedy to supposedly work to neutralize the poison in LFY.  She is almost there but not quite there yet.  As to YX's reaction to finding out how LFY has been taking LMX's blood to manage his symptoms, you would expect a mature and practical reaction since she has been fairly mature in handling her jealousy towards LFY's attitude towards LMX.  For example, when he didn't take her side when she accused LMX of poisoning him, she said she would not interfere with whatever happens to him but once she calmed down, she was back to her practical self and made those sweet cakes with the ingredients to counteract the poison she saw LMX used in the preparation of the drink she gave him.  She even humbled herself enough to apologize to him before giving him those sweet treats.  You can't get more practical than that.  I dont think I have seen a drama where the heroine sees the forest before the tree as much as YX.  I often get frustrated watching dramas where the villains always outsmart the good guys but I think in this drama the good guys hold their own and do their fair share in thwarting the villains' plans:D.

I have been enjoying the drama until episode 18, where all of a sudden we have Ning Jing tying up, gagging, and sexually assaulting Tang Li. I was shocked-even more horrifying is that this disturbing scene was played for laughs. I'm not sure if I want to continue with the drama if there are more scenes of this nature. Was this just a one time thing, or not? 

8 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

I have been enjoying the drama until episode 18, where all of a sudden we have Ning Jing tying up, gagging, and sexually assaulting Tang Li. I was shocked-even more horrifying is that this disturbing scene was played for laughs. I'm not sure if I want to continue with the drama if there are more scenes of this nature. Was this just a one time thing, or not? 

That scene was horrifying!!! It looks like she was teasing him, but it was too much. I never see that in a Chinese period drama before. Poor guy was in tears and scared!!! Hopefully there are no more scenes of those.

25 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

It’s pretty much a one time thing and she fell asleep soon after.

I think NJ does go overboard trying to get TL’s attention  but in her eyes they are more or less husband and wife.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:36 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

They have this lovely dynamic of doing things for each other and earning each other's trust as the stakes get higher. They don't hide their growing affection for each other at all. 

You have a way with words that never fail to organize our various random thoughts about the drama into beautiful reflections of what the drama entails.  I too love how their relationship progress, gradually from her bartering with him to treat her better so her life there can be less contentious and uncomfortable to him buying her all those herbal ingredients and clothes and jewelry without her having to say a word.  They show their affections with actions rather than words just like his reply suggested when after visiting her family she asked him what can she do for him to forgive her for making him wait for her to return while she went to see if QS was still waiting for her  when she forgot about the arranged meeting with QS.  He said she can show it with actions and she thought of cooking some healthy concoction for him but was afraid that was out of the question because of a previous incident and he ended up renovating a room for her to use as the medicine brewing room or something like that.   He doesn't say much but speak with actions like kissing her when he gets jealous.

@Table122000, I am quite sure it was a one time blip.  I thought it was rather risqué but I must confess I was guilty of laughing along with it since the two have been bickering like an already married couple.

46 minutes ago, yueyyo said:

You have a way with words that never fail to organize our various random thoughts about the drama into beautiful reflections of what the drama entails.  I too love how their relationship progress, gradually from her bartering with him to treat her better so her life there can be less contentious and uncomfortable to him buying her all those herbal ingredients and clothes and jewelry without her having to say a word.  They show their affections with actions rather than words just like his reply suggested when after visiting her family she asked him what can she do for him to forgive her for making him wait for her to return while she went to see if QS was still waiting for her  when she forgot about the arranged meeting with QS.  He said she can show it with actions and she thought of cooking some healthy concoction for him but was afraid that was out of the question because of a previous incident and he ended up renovating a room for her to use as the medicine brewing room or something like that.   He doesn't say much but speak with actions like kissing her when he gets jealous.

Heh... thank you for your kind words. It's easy to have things to say when the show is as enjoyable as this. These two are such sweethearts and their romance is so delightful that I forgive him all the ridiculous push and pull in the last third of the drama. They have genuinely good chemistry even when he's aloof or pretending to be disinterested. In some shows all the heat and sparks comes from one actor or the other but in this case they both bring something to the table. It's nice when he cracks the odd smile to let us know not only that he's human but that the impact that she has on him is seismic. 

I've been missing the koala maneouvre a bit because that really messed with his head no end. ;) But now that he's pretty much in love with her, it's probably outlived its usefulness. :D I have also noticed that he does that weird kissing thing when he's racked with jealousy. I'm not a fan of Gu Qishao but he can be useful in provoking strong feelings in our prince.

I'm also really fond of that scene in Episode 19 that you and @rhaps mentioned. (The arc starts in 18) Although it frustrates me a little that LFY doesn't tell her much in the beginning... I'm always yelling... "This is what happens when you don't tell her things!"... There is reasonable justification for why he doesn't especially when she gets summoned to the palace by the ED to give a report about his doings around the mansion. I always forgive him because he is doing it to protect her as much as he can and the show somehow manages to prove that he's right. But... but... she's a smart little cookie and she is a poison expert and she cares. I'm sure he didn't think he could keep things from her forever but drip-feeding her information always seems to get her into more trouble in the long run. 

Don't you love how her "Because I like you" gets rewarded with a nice hug. That's one of my favourite scenes in the entire drama and it's in Episode 21. The entire exchange signals a pivotal moment in their relationship. Everything's (more or less) out in the open and he now feels free enough to initiate some overt display of affection to seal the deal as it were. And then he gets decidedly territorial in the next episode when the other guy sneaks in. :D

Am I the only person that thinks Baili Mingxiang is an embarrassment? I know Ning Jing can be as well but she makes it up by being super supportive of YX and the prince. But Baili Mingxiang is truly a head case in search of a stabbing.

Spoiler

It's bad enough that she thinks she is owed a marriage but the way she acted when she found out that the OTP had gone to the temple to venerate ancestors. Not only was it disrespectful but it was entirely idiotic. I was cringing the whole way through her protestations. Talk about textbook delusional. 

Sigh... this show is definitely one of my favourites this year. Some aspects of it give me NiF vibes. Some aspects remind me of The Incredible Hulk and Captain America.

On holiday but still finding ways to watch this.

Anyway, regarding episode 24, sending the duchess away clearly affected the duke but that painful decision is for the best so it's alright. It's sad but i draw happiness from the fact that he cares for her. It's a pity that he can't show it and can only deal with it in private. 

I despise the evil stepmom and stepsister for not doing anything to help the duchess but they don't matter so i just ignore their short and devilish appearance.

By the way, anyone knows the background song during the 11:42-11:52 scene in episode 19? I really like it and i want to hear the whole of it. Please, let me know if anyone knows it. Thank you.

Archived