[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

45 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I think, we should make a difference between the chairman NGH and the grandfather. You are right that he was mad to see NS at the meeting rehearsal. IT seems that in his eyes NS3 is the better candidate to become his successor. But I doubt that he doesn't love his grandson. He still asked David about NS's health condition. I do think that he misses his deceased son and even loved him, however his company means a lot to him. He didn't reveal the real circumstances of JW's death as it would hurt the company reputation. 

To me, the only real villain in this drama is SGJ as he is always acting and never honest, even his own daughter. I couldn't forget how he faked certain feelings in front of her... hurt her so that YN would lead him to NS's place.  Even in the last episode, he warned her that he could become crueler, implying that he would even hurt her.

May be you are right but I'm not feeling it. Yes he did ask about his health but he didn't react AT ALL when david told him that shin probably won't wake up. NGH personality is a mystery right now tbh and I think the writer kept it that way on purpose. In trailers he was introduced as 'the king of cruelty' (not that I think it's ok to trust trailers completely but still that sentence might have some truth in it)

As for SGJ, honestly he is dumb and it irks me so much when we have show full of smart people like NS3, Dr Oh , Assistant Ji also NS who I believe is almost as smart and clever as his grandpa but the villain turns out to be dumb. I want perfect match. I don't know why SJG didn't appear at all in yesterday's episode after first few minuets.

12 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone ever question why or how David knew that JYH was the closest person/secretary to NS? I mean even mom didn't know who he was at that point so it wouldn't make sense for him to.

Also, since the line appeared more than once, perhaps the reason why NS doesn't like looking up at people is because he had to look up at his grandfather for a long time and developed some kind of trauma? NS acts like a bad guy but if you look closely there is a vulnerability in eyes that appears at times. I'm definitely not excusing that manhandling he does, but he seems like a kid pretending to be bad. I don't think everything is as black and white as most people are seeing it.

@diane90 This is a pre-production, so there will be no changes.

You said everything I was about to say. I did wonder when David said he knows Ji and that he is closest to him, like even his mom didn't know that much about his own son. But I thought at that time may be David spied on NS or whatever and got his pics and all since mom can't go. I like David, however I can't get over the fact that he betrayed Dr Oh for 20 years! I know his isn't bad but he is definitely not the type you should trust on. 

As for the second part I was just about to post NS obsession of not talking to someone who is standing. He looks like he genuinely hates it. I agree with you it's definitely related to grandpa. I believe he is genuinely not bad just insecure well A LOT. When NS3 came and jerked NS hand off So Bong, NS DID NOT react violently, his tone wasn't violent or full of anger at all as well. He totally looked weak and vulnerable at that point.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, tatusii said:

may i ask where do you watch that trailer.

can you send me the link..pretty please :blush::blush:

@tatusii Its a 7 min preview on DramaFever. 

At the beginning when you pause frame by frame around 0:39-0:40, it shows a person giving the heart necklace to another. I'm thinking the person giving it could be NS3 to NS as they switch, but now that I watch it the hand giving it looks small and feminine. :unsure::sweat_smile: We have already seen SB give it to NS3 at the hospital so why would she give it back to him again, unless it is like I thought NS3 giving to NS.  

Never thought much of SKJ's acting. I found it more like just average (Suspicious Housekeeper, What Happened to my Family and Entourage) or downright bad (Hwajung). Didn't watch Cheese in the Trap though.

While watching this show, I was even thinking "ok, suits him to act like a robot coz his expressions are pretty much the same", UNTIL I saw the scene where NS was lying in bed and he watches as NS3 walks in, and then the two faces are placed side by side on screen. THAT was pretty amazing because it was like watching identical twins with different personalities and countenance (and not forgetting the fact that even identical twins will still have minute differences), yet we know it's actually one same person.

I think credit should be given not just to SKJ for portraying the distinctly different countenance for both characters but also to the makeup artist. You can see that NS3 has flawless skin while NS looks wan and haggard.

2 hours ago, diane90 said:

In the beginning I thought real NS is not a bad guy; He lied to his mom

that he didn't want living with her but with his grandpa...he just wanted protecting

his mom from chairman.

and after he made a scadal at airport just to find a way to go searching his mom...

But now, he changes his behaviors to become a real .................. jerk !!

How can he think and speak to people who did anything to save his life like that ????

especially to his mom ! If he's a good person; he should thank to NS3 to replace him

all the time being beside his mom and defend for his place in PK.

I think the writer changes the scripte : it's like that in korean drama, the story changes

following the viewers' reactions. Maybe the production saw the viewers like the love story

between NS3 & SB; so they make the real NS into bad guy so ... maybe they ' kill' him

in the end ???????

Like in ' The mirecle we met', the writer created a ' love story" to be between KHJ and the CEO but

it didn't work so she came back to her husband Kim Muyng Ming ...

So why many writers don't want pro-production !

This is a 100% pre-produced drama, so no, the writer didn't change the script. In my opinion, it's still too early to judge human Namshin's role and path... Let's wait and see. There might be more than meets the eye, under all that (quite understandable) anger and frustration.

41 minutes ago, chubbz said:

I think credit should be given not just to SKJ for portraying the distinctly different countenance for both characters but also to the makeup artist. You can see that NS3 has flawless skin while NS looks wane and haggard.

I give the makeup artist credit for that, but one thing that bothers me is that they couldn’t color match at all... SKJ’s neck and face are never the same shade. It’s more noticeable on him because his neck is always a little red. But maybe I  pay too much attention to small details. lol

@triplem My bad, I meant in the drama. haha :P I’m not surprised if David knows everything either. I’m sure something related will come up though.

It will sure be a twist if JYH has a sudden character reversal but the preview could also be a red herring...

OMG I can't. I thought the show was almost ending when I started watching, and now I found out that there are many more episodes to come _(:з」∠)_ How am I supposed to survive this? 

I started watching out of boredom and curiousity but robot Nam Shin really grew on me. He's so open and kind, almost like a child, but goodlooking of course and very strong, also he can remote control random electronic equipment? This character is made out to be the perfect man, except he's a robot (or should I say it). It's interesting how I have been reading fanfiction about a man who was brainwashed and trained to act like a robot and is trying to break through conditioning to become human again, also how the game Detroit: Becoming Human has become really popular with my friends lately, it's like robots (androids?) wanting to become human has really become a theme all of a sudden.

It's slightly weird to watch the love story unfolding, because obviously robot Nam Shin does have feelings, or his calculations are so complicated they can mimic emotions and make him think and feel on a much more subtle level than everybody but the hyun and his girl seem to realize, even he himself keeps saying he doesn't have emotions, which is so weird, but in the end even if they should get a happily ever after, they could never be together like two humans could. They couldn't have sex or have children, have to go far away probably and hide, she'll get old and sick and die, he'll have problems with his parts and she won't be able to repair him and so on. Anyways this will probably end on a sad note since his brain is actually with the granddad who wants to make him a merchandise.

It was predictable that human Nam Shin, having grown up in the toxic environment he had and not really kind or caring, will be immediately jealous of the robot's relationship with his mother and also dislike him just for being like him, and probably even more for being like him but kinder and more likeable. I have no idea why anybody likes him like arrogant girl and his hyun do with all their heart, since he's obviously the kind of person who pushed everybody away in fear of being rejected or hurt and probably never shows kindness, having never received it in his home.

The initial plot was very awkward. What did the mother pretend to go along with their plan for if she was just going to yell and try to take away her child under the watchful eyes of dozens of ppl who can stop her? Why did she give up so easily? Why was she suddenly so interested in her child (who previously had pretty much been disowned since the grandfather was against her union with her husband) "get his due" at the grandfather's firm? Her characterization is really strange. And how does one not know where the computer behind a robot one's been working on for 20 years is? And who's paying? This was all exceedingly weird...

3 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

Eng subbed preview:

"Kang So Bong is mine alone" :heart: :heart: :heart: embarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif   wow, I'm dying here. I lufff this couple. :wub:

I suspect NS will want to team up with Seo. I think he hates grandpa the most...who knows, they might think they have some shared goals...Hope the truth about his father's death is uncovered soon, that might be the turning point for him, and help Mom to get closer.

On a more superficial note, last episode left me impressed with the quality of music and cinematography. I love how the ending scene was filmed, the slow motion, the music, so thrilling! Btw, the scene where the two NS meet is also very well done, with NS spying on Roboshin through the window at the beginning, it feels so real and a bit unsettling how NS looks at him.

In any case, I like so much those stellar entrances of NS3, catwalk style. I don't mind if they end up every episode with one of those :joy:

Spoiler

Ohhhh, Nam Shin and his abandonment issues....

Of course he can't get close to his mom right away, he's a grown man with child-like emotions and tendencies. The trauma of being separated from his mother, his father suddenly dying and his grandfather threatening him to keep his mother alive has played a big role in him being the little brat he's turned out to be. No wonder YN likes him, they are pretty much the same.

However, KSB is such an X factor. In a few short months, she has turned an incredibly well developed AI robot into one that is now dealing with the nuances of the range of human emotions and relationships. I LOVE IT! I especially love with NS3 spends time with her family and friends. That has further developed him. He understands more clearly the relationship between a man and a woman, and how that differs from friendship. 

Some episode takeaways. 

- David working with haroboji, unbeknownst to Professor Oh

- NS waking up and then only telling Ye Na - This doesn't make sense, her father tried to kill him and may be behind his father's death.

- KSB ends up telling both the reporter and her father about NS3 [That was hilarious when she told her dad, by the way].

- The reporter feeling up NS3 and being caught by KSB's father was pure comedy.

- KSB being able to negotiate the kill switch from Professor Oh was brilliant.

- NS waking up and showing up unbeknownst to everyone at the meeting and still being a jerk.

- NS and KSB facing off and then NS3 coming in to save his woman and recognizing that maybe he is experiencing jealousy.

I am really looking forward to next week. I can't even say let the best man win, because then NS3 would be a shoe in. :glasses:

Honestly, human NS looked so threatening in that last scene. I was afraid he'd hit SB again but thankfully RoboShin appeared and diffused the situation. Is that scene I thought that both YN and human NS were pretty similar in the way they treat the people who are below them... 

I dont like human Nam Shin but I feel we will feel sorry for him at next episodes. That man is really so alone and never really loved...sure he will confess all that abandoning feelings to his mother. "I waited for you but you never came back"...he is selfish spoiled brad but his mother and the grandpa are the guilty ones. He just needed a parent, a mom who loves him and fight to reach his son. They all spoiled him but never liked him.

and I still feel that "Kill Switch" is not real "Kill" Switch...I guess someone gonna use it at the end but ıt will be just about deleting the whole memory and starting the back-up program. He wont remember anyone, anything..include mom and So Bong...but ofc Son Bong will find him at finale. ;)

3 hours ago, moonlover399993 said:

@tatusii Its a 7 min preview on DramaFever. 

At the beginning when you pause frame by frame around 0:39-0:40, it shows a person giving the heart necklace to another. I'm thinking the person giving it could be NS3 to NS as they switch, but now that I watch it the hand giving it looks small and feminine. :unsure::sweat_smile: We have already seen SB give it to NS3 at the hospital so why would she give it back to him again, unless it is like I thought NS3 giving to NS.  

bsmiioI.png

are you guys talking about this scene? Hmm i wonders whose hand is this. It could be SB's hand or NS giving NS3 his necklace back after stealing from him as a moment of commemoration of their collaboration lol. 

Someone please do something to Original NS's hairstyle... I wanna see his forehead, just like when he was on the airplane.

I wonder what kind of "HELP" human NS wants from NS3, maybe:

"Hey Robot, help me to make Kang So Bong fall in love with me!!"

4 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

are you guys talking about this scene? Hmm i wonders whose hand is this. It could be SB's hand or NS giving NS3 his necklace back after stealing from him as a moment of commemoration of their collaboration lol. 

It looks like SB and NS3. If you look at page one of this thread, the outfits where SB is back hugging him in the falling snow looks similar. Perhaps there is a circumstance where she had to take it back.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

In the preview, is Ji struggling as well with the reason for his existence? It’s that why he’s telling old man , it’s him that deserves the position? Perhaps he’s finally tired of being the shadow especially when the one you have dedicated your entire being to is seemingly ungrateful. 

@triplem In the preview, right before we see Ji and the grandpa talk (and Ji saying he's better suited), there's the question, "Do you want it?" I've been wondering if it's NS talking to Ji there. We know NS has never been interested in taking over the company, therefore ultimately, we could think that he has any interest in continuing his grandfather's role. We also know (it's been shown in flashbacks) that NS, I think, does genuinely care for Ji. Ji is the only one NS didn't wear a mask with while growing up. I know I could be wrong, but could he be the one asking Ji if he wants it, i.e. take his place in the company? And could that be what Ji and the grandpa are talking about? I feel like the trailer doesn't give us enough context to really know the nature of the conversation with the grandpa (and I tend to find trailers misleading).

@rittoo I don't have the answers, but here's my opinion... 

"What did the mother pretend to go along with their plan for if she was just going to yell and try to take away her child under the watchful eyes of dozens of ppl who can stop her?" => I'll have to re-watch, because I missed the part where she is pretending to go along with their plan. If you're referring to the scene where she goes to the funeral and then the kid is taken away, I think in the beginning she had no choice than to go along: She suddenly just learned that her husband (who was at odd with his father because he married her and both husband and wife didn't want to live under his tyrannic thumb) died. She doesn't know how, she is not given the time to process and grieve, she doesn't even know where his body is, and it looks like she never sees his dead body. At the same time they give her the news, she is asked to go with her son to pay their respects. I think she tagged along because she was in shock. I don't think she knew he would try to separate her from her child. The realized what was happening, she lost it and yelled, even though it was useless. I truly think she was still under the shock of losing her husband and now her kid, and couldn't think rationally...

"Why did she give up so easily?"  => After losing her husband, I think she was scared for her son, too. From the way she spoke to Seo in episode 1, you can tell she doesn't trust him, and she knows the grandfather is a scary man. I also think all that happened up until her son's being taken away, initially broke her will to fight back forcefully. She knew if she tried to fight this heads on, she would lose, and she could even die... But did she really give up, though? For her to have been able to create NS3 and make it (him) look so much like the real NS, it means that she kept tab on him as much as she could, maybe with the hope to one day be reunited?

"Why was she suddenly so interested in her child (who previously had pretty much been disowned since the grandfather was against her union with her husband) "get his due" at the grandfather's firm?"  => Yes, that felt awkward to me as well. Given the hatred she has for the grandfather, and the fact that that man loved his company more his own son, is her ultimate goal, via NS, to take away from the grandfather what is the most precious to him, meaning his entire life work?

"And how does one not know where the computer behind a robot one's been working on for 20 years is? And who's paying?" => Yes, so true! It seems that that was more David's responsibility (to deal with that part of the robot project), so I'm wondering if she asked, and if he fed her some lies about it, and if she never insisted on visiting the place where NS1-2-3 brain/data are stored. It's odd. As for who's paying, I wouldn't let it pass the grandfather to have disguised his sponsorship as coming from a legit company, not affiliated with him. I'm wondering if ORR would have taken funding from an anonymous source. It's once again possible that David lied about where the money is coming from, and she believed him, just wanting to focus on "creating..."

I don't understand why people keep saying that Nam Shin should end up with Ye Na because of their characteristics are similar. For me Nam Shin is not pure evil or will not turn into one. He is just mad and broke. He deserves his happy ending too. But not with Ye Na.
After watching last episode for a few times I think I can say that he was slightly moved by Kang So Bongs confession. Plus he is jealous of Nam Shin 3 because he  got all the love while he was in coma. So I guess he will  try to get revenge using Kang So Bong but in the end he will end up really fall in love with her. BUT once again this drama is so unpredictable so anything can happen. :phew:

39 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

It looks like SB and NS3. If you look at page one of this thread, the outfits where SB is back hugging him in the falling snow looks similar. Perhaps there is a circumstance where she had to take it back.

Spoiler

xRj0oT.jpg

Yes! Outfits match! I think this scene will happen in final ep.

37 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

If you're referring to the scene where she goes to the funeral and then the kid is taken away, I think in the beginning she had no choice than to go along:

No, I'm pretty sure there was a scene where she pretended to like the money they gave to her in exchange for taking her son away and went to them to tell them she bought an expensive car with it and now wanted more. Only to spot her son a minute later and to try and take him away from all the men standing around her.

39 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Yes, so true! It seems that that was more David's responsibility (to deal with that part of the robot project), so I'm wondering if she asked, and if he fed her some lies about it, and if she never insisted on visiting the place where NS1-2-3 brain/data are stored. It's odd. As for who's paying, I wouldn't let it pass the grandfather to have disguised his sponsorship as coming from a legit company, not affiliated with him. I'm wondering if ORR would have taken funding from an anonymous source. It's once again possible that David lied about where the money is coming from, and she believed him, just wanting to focus on "creating..."

I guess that's how they are going to explain it, if they are going to explain it at all, still awkward. Remember she never tried to sell NS3 or his previous versions and androids like him weren's commercialized in 20 years which would make it strange for any company to want to invest huge amounts of money into his creation like it was certainly required. Also, although she could plant a kill switch to make him explode (I was really shocked at the stupidity of that, I mean, she created a moving computer, there are so many more intelligent ways and ways that would draw a lot less attention of getting rid of a computer than making it explode), she probably couldn't just make his harddrive shut down or implant a virus to wipe his programming or anything becuase she didn't even know where his harddrive was stored at. How strange is that?

17 hours ago, rittoo said:

No, I'm pretty sure there was a scene where she pretended to like the money they gave to her in exchange for taking her son away and went to them to tell them she bought an expensive car with it and now wanted more. Only to spot her son a minute later and to try and take him away from all the men standing around her.

I guess that's how they are going to explain it, if they are going to explain it at all, still awkward. Remember she never tried to sell NS3 or his previous versions and androids like him weren's commercialized in 20 years which would make it strange for any company to want to invest huge amounts of money into his creation like it was certainly required. Also, although she could plant a kill switch to make him explode (I was really shocked at the stupidity of that, I mean, she created a moving computer, there are so many more intelligent ways and ways that would draw a lot less attention of getting rid of a computer than making it explode), she probably couldn't just make his harddrive shut down or implant a virus to wipe his programming or anything becuase she didn't even know where his harddrive was stored at. How strange is that?

1) Actually, she said that with the compensation money she would keep on buying big cars to crash the mansion's gate until they give her son back (exactly what she did on her first attempt to pave her way inside).

2) Making N3 explode would destroy his body, leaving no clear traces of what he/it actually was (and the very advanced technologies developed to build him/it) to whoever was in charge of investigating.

Archived