[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

48 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

What did the director say about ending? 

I posted before, but he said they tried to make a satisfying ending for viewers and that NS3 won't die.

Seems like people on dcgal are trying really hard to make a dvd happen .. I hope it's successful!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

This is the VLIVE video from the other day. He's talking about the three scenes that left the most impression on him. When they filmed the club fire scene, he realized how big the scale of this project was. (Even SKJ said the drama is more exciting with both NS+NS3.. idk why the NS3 die-hard enthusiasts want NS to go away lol)

@nooneor Unless the director lied, NS3 won't die.. so even if the ending turns out to be bittersweet both NS and NS3 will live I think.

because people only want romance in drama which I totally don't understand why? I have seen comments like 'hopefully shin will go back in comma we want to watch NS3 and so bong' like really? Did they invest billions (if I m right) to make a lovey dovey romance drama of robot and human? This happened with what's wrong with Secretary kim as well where people wanted the elder brother out of story because they thought that part is boring (which in my opinion was very interesting). 

Too bad it's a pre produced drama otherwise I would have started a petition to increase the number of episodes :rolleyes::lol:

2 hours ago, crazyyo said:

because people only want romance in drama which I totally don't understand why? I have seen comments like 'hopefully shin will go back in comma we want to watch NS3 and so bong' like really? Did they invest billions (if I m right) to make a lovey dovey romance drama of robot and human? This happened with what's wrong with Secretary kim as well where people wanted the elder brother out of story because they thought that part is boring (which in my opinion was very interesting). 

Too bad it's a pre produced drama otherwise I would have started a petition to increase the number of episodes :rolleyes::lol:

The budget was around $9M USD if I remember correctly, and though it was advertised as a romance(?) I feel like the main story centers around NS3's evolution and to a lesser extent NS. And I guess people can argue that we're barely halfway through the drama, but making most of the plot about SB/NS3 cute moments wouldn't be pivotal to the storyline in my opinion. I would have liked more episodes too, but if they're able to conclude the story well then I won't complain .... unless we don't get a dvd release.  They are keeping tons of footage from us

5 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I didn't mind him waking up. It's for the sake of the story. I too believed that the story will get more interesting by now. I want him much more involve but not in NS3's side. We have seen a lot of twins (let's just say they are twins) and they are end up in a good relationship. I would prefer NS to fight in his place as CEO of PK group just because he doesn't want to be beaten by a "stupid robot". He is clever. In fact, his entrance to the story is by far the best. How many people would have guessed that right? 

I just don't get the fact that some people said "human Nam Shin and So Bong should end up together". It's more unrealistic and unnecessary. Sad ending is more acceptable and preferable. The whole story will be ruined because of this. It's unlogic if So Bong changes her heart. In fact that NS and NS3 look exactly the same make it more unrealistic to happen. 

Anyway, I hope they tell us what happened to Nam Shin's father. It has been mentioned several times, but we still have no idea what happen. I still have guts he is alive somewhere in Czech Republic (or I don't know, maybe his body is in there). If this one isn't resolve, there will be a huge flaw in this great drama. I don't want it to happen

NS’s father will make an appearance because there was a cameo by the actor... I read it’s a CG scene though so make of that what you will.

I personally want to see more of NS pretending to be NS3 and tricking people because it’s so fascinating. I think this is indeed the 4th variation of SKJ’s acting that the director mentioned.

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, the grandfather seems to prefer NS3 over NS because he is listening to him. He has understood that the company is more important than anything else (pride, aso). Look how NS3 decided to follow Seo's recommendation and didn't accept ORR's proposition. He knows more about the technology than NS. He pays attention to the people who are working with him, he works diligently... In my opinion, if someone is more interested in getting rid of NS3, it is Seo. The latter has no idea that NGH is favouring NS3... When he discovers this, he will realize that even if his daughter gets married to NS, he will never become the CEO... if NS3 is the heir of NGH.

Something caught my attention: YN said in the last episode that she wanted NS to return to the office as soon as possible. Her words made me think that YN could be interested in NS because of PK Group. For her, NS is the grandson and once he takes back his seat, he will become the future CEO. She cut ties with her father and she knew it: she has only NS left as option. That's why I have the impression that her love for NS is not entirely selfless. 

That's a very interesting observation. They have already highlighted that NS3 is more fitted to be CEO of the company. What I don't know is how this will result, will grandpa really support NS3? What about Secretary Ji, could he betray NS in that aspect? I don't think NS is interested in being the CEO, but for sure he will not want to be substituted by NS3, so I foresee a big conflict here. On the other hand, staying as the CEO is a way for NS3 to get his happy ending: he does it well and he seems to like it, and this way he would be in control of the server and the kill switch. It would also be easier for him to stay with So Bong without needing to escape to another country or things like this. I think grandpa would approve; he could even approve So Bong if he thinks she helps NS3 to be more focused on the job, haha!! But I don't see how this can be achieved without having NS's agreement. It's going to be tough.

And I also agree regarding Ye Na. She wants to marry the CEO of that company. She always looks happy at those company meetings every time that NS seems to achieve something. The first thing she thought when she noticed So Bong's attachment to NS3 was that So Bong liked to be close to a rich guy; of course she would analyse things from her own mindset. Anyway, since she grew up close to NS and I believe she has feelings for him, I cannot predict her development. But at this point I'd bet she will abandon him if he makes clear that he doesn't want the company.

3 hours ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

That's a very interesting observation. They have already highlighted that NS3 is more fitted to be CEO of the company. What I don't know is how this will result, will grandpa really support NS3? What about Secretary Ji, could he betray NS in that aspect? I don't think NS is interested in being the CEO, but for sure he will not want to be substituted by NS3, so I foresee a big conflict here. On the other hand, staying as the CEO is a way for NS3 to get his happy ending: he does it well and he seems to like it, and this way he would be in control of the server and the kill switch. It would also be easier for him to stay with So Bong without needing to escape to another country or things like this. I think grandpa would approve; he could even approve So Bong if he thinks she helps NS3 to be more focused on the job, haha!! But I don't see how this can be achieved without having NS's agreement. It's going to be tough.

And I also agree regarding Ye Na. She wants to marry the CEO of that company. She always looks happy at those company meetings every time that NS seems to achieve something. The first thing she thought when she noticed So Bong's attachment to NS3 was that So Bong liked to be close to a rich guy; of course she would analyse things from her own mindset. Anyway, since she grew up close to NS and I believe she has feelings for him, I cannot predict her development. But at this point I'd bet she will abandon him if he makes clear that he doesn't want the company.

Yes, to me YN loves NS but in a rather selfish and superficial way. I have the impression that her marriage with him is linked to NS becoming the next CEO. That's why she kept telling her father that he shouldn't be too greedy and accept his position as the father-in-law. Getting married to him is connected to his social status and wealth. That's why she made a projection onto SB: she thought that she was getting close to NS because she was interested in his status (rich chaebol). By saying such a thing, she actually reveals her real thoughts. On the other hand, I don't think that all this explains her behavior. She does have feelings... as for abandoning him, I don't think that she would do that as the fear of losing him was genuine. Nevertheless, YN will have to ask herself what she really wants in her life: NS or his social position...

Right now, I believe that NS might decide to aim at the CEO seat out of jealousy. However, deep down he wanted to have this position. NS will be mad, when he discovers that NGH wants NS3 to become his successor. He is jealous that NS3 as a robot was able to get the love and care of SB, while he never succeeded to feel loved by anyone. 

I agree that human Shin is extremely jealous of Shin III. At the beginning of the series So Bong thought that he is a rich jerk and playboy. From his perspective she agreed to take the money and took the photos  of him despite the fact that she was his bodyguard and should have protected him and his privacy (right, that was his plan but I bet he was partially disappointed that she did this, it's our complicated Nam Shin after all) And that's why he can't understand why she is so loyal to Shin III. A robot, just a thing in his opinion. He became clearly intrigued by her. I think that in the tomorrow's episode he will try to confuse her. 

I know that it was mentioned a few pages earlier but I really hate the way human Shin was talking to So Bong. "So, you are the bodyguard I hit in the airport?" or "I didn't hit you hard enough". As I said it before but they were both at fault at that time. I know very well that what So Bong did wasn't right at that time but so many people say that Nam Shin behaves like that because of his painful past. But So Bong's past is also painful. She was a professional fighter but in one moment it was destroyed because of money. As we can see she is not a bad person. She protects Shin III with all her heart. She loves him unconditionally.  And she said it in front of others without hesitation. Anyway, how can human Shin can say to anyone "sit or KNEEL" ? Isn't it really too much? 

1 hour ago, chatterbox22 said:

Anyway, how can human Shin can say to anyone "sit or KNEEL" ? Isn't it really too much?

I know, he had it coming when So Bong counter attacked. He totally deserved it. And the way he grabbed So Bong; it totally looked like he was going to hit her again, good thing that NS3 arrived then.

Nam Shin used violence against her so he should also understand that both of them are at fault for what happened and let it go or try to make up. But he's being so insufferable instead and threatening her with hitting her again. Maybe because of his pride being hurt. He's dominated by jealousy right now. And I can understand why. It's very hard to assimilate that you were gone, but they built a robot with your face and everyone is doing pretty well without you and getting attached to the robot, among them even your old enemies, who are now eager to fight you in order to protect that robot from you. LOL, it must be hard to digest.

At this point I wonder how much of what we've seen is Nam Shin's outburst of jealousy and abandonment issues, and how much is evil tendencies and twisted personality. He went to Czech Republic to look for Mom but suddenly he spies on her and doesn't trust her? I guess he is that shocked, and I really hope he's being a man-child feeling abandoned and not the villain that sometimes he seems to be. But he also has this creepy side, with those cold smiles when NS3 offers his help, or when he goes around ordering people to sit or kneel...I don't know what to think of him.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:38 PM, Calligrapher said:

Have you seen Strong Woman Do Bong Soon? That show also features a quirky and physically strong female lead (but it goes down some dark paths), and the actor who plays SB's father is actually a gangster in that show, hahah.  I agree with you about So Bong, though! I'm liking her character development. I didn't really like the earlier path they took with her (like what were her motivations for being so money-driven?? was she purposely torturing herself over that incident in the ring?), but in the end, I think the writer has done a good job highlighting her growth.

Hi! I have not seen Strong Woman Do Bong Soon! I like the way you talked about it. I want to see it now! And you said she is a physically strong lead female! Yay! I love it! I think we need more dramas with strong lead females. I love romance, but I'm tired of seeing the lead female fall on the ground looking helpless. The male lead comes in, walking slowly. As he approaches her, he leans in to her face and stares at her! Then her offers her his hand. "Did you fall? I'm here to save you!" And she looks back at him as she looks like she is going to pass out. Then he catches her and lifts her up! They disappear into the night! 

I like the way you describe Strong Woman Do Bong Soon! I don't like the money-driven thing, but it sounds interesting! Thank you for giving me info on it! :) 

My thoughts:

Real Shin and Robot Shin's mother looks like she is having second thoughts. I think she loves real Shin, but I think she also my love Robot Shin. I don't think she wants to use the killswitch! These are just my thoughts.

@chatterbox22   What he did was so so wrong and I'm not defending him but it was all planned so that he could have left the country. And I don't think he was going to hit her again at the end of the episode. He is not that kind of guy. He was just so angry. Or he just doesn't know how to act in front of woman. Maybe he has trust issues? And I don't think their past is comparable. What he've been through is worse than hers. She lived her life as she wanted. Her dad was there for her all the time while NS had to live someone he hates and without her mum for years. Both are bad but his life is worst for me. I hope we can see his character development.

Plus I think SB ending up with the NS3 is the saddest ending I can think. She deserves someone to love her  someone to grow old with her. I mean a meaningful relationship.

Maybe I should just stop thinking lol

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Right now, I believe that NS might decide to aim at the CEO seat out of jealousy. However, deep down he wanted to have this position. NS will be mad, when he discovers that NGH wants NS3 to become his successor. He is jealous that NS3 as a robot was able to get the love and care of SB, while he never succeeded to feel loved by anyone

As always chingu @bebebisous33 You hit all the right points. I already this was going to happen because NS was still alive. I also think that NS will end up being the next CEO and NS3 with the help of SB will change him to be a better person. Someone here said that he may have been a fan of SB from her pass and I agree with them. His jealousy/rage towards NS3 will be the fact that he had his mom's love all these years and he didn't. :bawling::bawling:   

1 hour ago, peachyss said:

@chatterbox22   What he did was so so wrong and I'm not defending him but it was all planned so that he could have left the country. And I don't think he was going to hit her again at the end of the episode. He is not that kind of guy. He was just so angry. Or he just doesn't know how to act in front of woman. Maybe he has trust issues? And I don't think their past is comparable. What he've been through is worse than hers. She lived her life as she wanted. Her dad was there for her all the time while NS had to live someone he hates and without her mum for years. Both are bad but his life is worst for me. I hope we can see his character development.

Plus I think SB ending up with the NS3 is the saddest ending I can think. She deserves someone to love her  someone to grow old with her. I mean a meaningful relationship.

Maybe I should just stop thinking lol

Keep thinking please you are on the right track (at least for me lol) :lol:

I honestly don't think he was going to hit So Bong as well. They added the scene just to show NS3 jealous :lol: and yes I agree SB's past is bad but NS past is just worst and if he really is going to get a redemption arc in these 6 episodes I really hope it's not rushed. I don't know about Dr Oh but Young hoon definitely deserves an apology from NS lol. 

Today's episode will probably give us a clear picture of NS true personality whether he really is evil like grandpa or is it his messed up mind or traumas. Btw I don't think NS is running away with the kill switch as shown in the teasers, the kill switch is probably at NS3's data center. Or may be he is running away with it we will find out soon -_-

Idk what to say about SB and NS3 to be honest. He seems better than humans but being a robot has it's own complications so yeah no idea. Will just enjoy shinnamon shweet smile. 

1 hour ago, crazyyo said:

Keep thinking please you are on the right track (at least for me lol) :lol:

I honestly don't think he was going to hit So Bong as well. They added the scene just to show NS3 jealous :lol: and yes I agree SB's past is bad but NS past is just worst and if he really is going to get a redemption arc in these 6 episodes I really hope it's not rushed. I don't know about Dr Oh but Young hoon definitely deserves an apology from NS lol. 

Today's episode will probably give us a clear picture of NS true personality whether he really is evil like grandpa or is it his messed up mind or traumas. Btw I don't think NS is running away with the kill switch as shown in the teasers, the kill switch is probably at NS3's data center. Or may be he is running away with it we will find out soon -_-

Idk what to say about SB and NS3 to be honest. He seems better than humans but being a robot has it's own complications so yeah no idea. Will just enjoy shinnamon shweet smile. 

I don't know. Is NS3 really jealous? Does Young Hoon really deserve and apology from NS? I don't know. I like your thoughts on all these things. And I definitely agree with everything you said, but I have to disagree with something you said. You said you don't know what to say about SB and NS3, right? And you said you think he seems better than humans. And I agree he does have complications because he is a robot. So I disagree because I think there is a lot to think about with SB and NS3. I think he is starting to feel human. I think he feels human with SB, and I think she is confused because he seems human around her too, and I think she forgets that he isn't human...I just got lost in my thoughts! I'm not saying you're wrong.

More thoughts:

I don't know if Young Hoon likes the real Nam Shin. I think he likes Robot Nam Shin more. I believe Robot Shin asked about Real Shin, and Robot Shin blinked. I believe that is how he can tell if someone is lying. So I don't know about Young Hoon. I believe he was an orphan and I believe he always wanted Grandpa to love him. I'll move on from that. So you mentioned that we might see Real Nam Shin's true personality. Sometimes I think he is a good person, and sometimes I don't. 

And I want to know what happened with Grandpa, Seo Jong Gil, and Real Nam Shin's father 

23 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@reijeanne hahaha LOL at your creativity. But no 2 should not be possible... i think once kill switch activated he & SB will be blown up together if shes nearby to him. 

But i definetely like your no 3 like @PororoQueen said hahaha its a fantastic ending and so twisted lol....

Thanks! Oh yeah I forgot that activating the kill switch means blasting him off. That's a horrible thing to do to NS3.

Anyway I honestly dont think we will get the best happy ending for NS3 and SB's love story. Vampires, zombies, ghosts, reapers have more chance of a happily ever after ending with their human love than a robot. But Im still hoping!

On 7/22/2018 at 3:05 AM, PororoQueen said:

@reijeanne, Hahahaha  I love #3 and I'm looking forward for more human NS's wild dream with SoBong.:w00t:

Thanks! :D

Archived