[Drama 2018] Are You Human Too?, 너도 인간이니

Go Seung Ji

54 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

Not gonna lie, if I woke up from comma to see a robot taking over my life, I would already be planning to turn it off forever. It's sad to see around 90% of people hating on human Nam shin (youtube and insta).

His thoughts are sooo complex I feel like we need a professional psychiatrist in this forum to analyze his character properly. :lol:

I love Roboshin but tbh I don’t get the hate and why people are wishing for NS to go back into a coma. (he’s making the drama interesting!!)

I for one am anticipating to see more of him.

Also I know people translate things differently but I interpreted his line as a demand rather than “wish”, considering the circumstances. He saw how hard she was trying to protect NS3 in the meeting room, and imo he wants someone to protect him like that too. Even if it’s not romantic, she definitely peaked his interest in some way.  I feel like he got mad at the end because she lumped him together with the things he hates. I want to believe his rudeness is a defense mechanism. lol

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like many of you, I’m so impressed with Seo Kang-joon. Playing the dual roles and playing one acting like the other reminds me of another show. It’s on a smaller scale but still an impressive one. I’m talking about Tatiana Maslany playing clones in Orphan Black heh. Also, i am so happy human NS is back tbh. I can’t wait to see where else we go for the rest of this series! 

30 minutes ago, butterflyeffect said:

I love Roboshin but tbh I don’t get the hate and why people are wishing for NS to go back into a coma. (he’s making the drama interesting!!)

I for one am anticipating to see more of him.

Also I know people translate things differently but I interpreted his line as a demand rather than “wish”, considering the circumstances. He saw how hard she was trying to protect NS3 in the meeting room, and imo he wants someone to protect him like that too. Even if it’s not romantic, she definitely peaked his interest in some way.  I feel like he got mad at the end because she lumped him together with the things he hates. I want to believe his rudeness is a defense mechanism. lol

EXACTLY! He kept me on my toes in today's episode. Also I kept waiting to see more of his scenes. He is not evil (for now) his thoughts are twisted and that's what peaks my interest in him. 

I agree. He really needs the type of attention Ye Na gives him I feel like only then he will satisfy. His biggest problem is he keeps everything bottled up. He assumes on his own, and never confronts anyone whenever he has an issue. That's fine if he doesn't feel like talking to dr oh but honestly he should have talked about his dissatisfaction/trust issues he has with young hoon. Out of all the characters (including Ye Na) JYH is the only one he speaks softly to, so I don't understand if he really disliked JYH saying the he feels pity for robo shin why didn't shin confront him? 

What's he planning now :crazy:

uqV0kG9.jpg

@lilyphenix Thanks for the compliment. Actually, I also made a mistake about ORR... I watched the beginning of the first episode and I realized that during the lecture she gave, she mentioned that in the future, cunning robots that could be mistaken for humans would appear which could become substitutes for loved ones living far away. As you can see, she had already this goal before the kidnapping. She already had this wish and it came true because she had to experience herself such a huge loss. Notice that back then NS rebelled, when he saw his own image as a robot. He didn't like being confused with a robot. Especially their conversation in front of the public is interesting:

ORR: "I sometimes wished, he was an obedient little robot. [...] I might make a robot of you and favor him instead". And this explains why NS resents his mother even more after waking up. Back then, he disliked the idea of having a robot with his face, then he heard this from his mother. Sure, she was not really serious back then... however, I see that the human NS has not forgotten her words from her lecture and might take these more seriously now. Later, they even argued (a joke) about the father. ORR said: "Your dad loves me more than you". As you can see, all this conversation contains some truth in it. There is a rivalry/jealousy and I sense, that since NS has been missing affection and been kept captive for such a long time, he resents NS3. He saw that his own mother has feelings for NS3 amd in a short time, NS3 was able to move SB and JYH, he feels jealous and insecure. He was somehow upset at the lecture and her vision came true hence his actual reaction is normal. On the other hand, I realized something important during the last episode: NS wants to know how honest people are towards him but he isn't honest himself.... that's why he is failing. He needs to learn that if you are more open, then the people will be more open as well. He is expecting that people should feel something for him, yet he is not able to show any genuine feelings towards them.

I have the impression that NS could play a part against NS3 because

- NS heard from SB "kill switch" and he saw how worried she got

- YN saw the kill switch box taken by SB... and she mentioned how serious SB and ORR were, when they met.

If he realizes that his grandfather has chosen NS3 as his heir and even financed his mother's project, he might resent NGH and his mother: he was kept captive for so many years and is about to get dumped in the end. I really hope that I am wrong. 

My biggest wish is that NS3 realizes that he has fallen in love with SB, even if he doesn't feel it and confesses his love towards her. 

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have the impression that NS could play a part against NS3 because

- NS heard from SB "kill switch" and he saw how worried she got

- YN saw the kill switch box taken by SB... and she mentioned how serious SB and ORR were, when they met.

If he realizes that his grandfather has chosen NS3 as his heir and even financed his mother's project, he might resent NGH and his mother: he was kept captive for so many years and is about to get dumped in the end. I really hope that I am wrong. 

At the rate this show is going, I would not be surprised if NS somehow ‘joins sides’ with Seo after confronting him about about the assasinaiton attempt. NS was obviously never interested in chaebol spot so he may offer it to Seo in return for Roboshins demise or something. We know Shin heard everything while in a coma. Any chance he overheard David talking to gpa and knows about their alliance?

Wow today's episode was intense! I saw it raw and subbed too. I love SB's protectiveness over NS3. She doesn't care if its impossible for her to be with NS3. Just like she said to ORR if she activates the switch and NS3 dies so would she. I really don't think she would kill herself, I think she was just really throwing a bait at ORR. But SB feelings for NS3 are very true and she will go great lengths for him. Honestly I feel really bad for NS, he doesn't know who to trust and what it means to love and let someone in. I'm really scared for SB and NS3 relationship because he knows that he can toy with both of them. In a trailer NS3 gives SB's necklace to NS...and that guys is were the relationship is going to be sooo twisted. He is going to pretend to be NS3 and if he tries to bully SB or NS3 even more, then honestly I would prefer him to book a ticket to CR and just stay there and enjoy the landscape, LEAVE NS3 and SB alone. But then again some of us are rooting for NS to change and fall for SB.

Reading everyone's comments and analysis, I'm amazed at how well developed the characters are in the show (hats down to the writer), at the depth all the main characters and 2nd leads have. They're complex, and like in real life, they have good qualities, but also flaws, every single one of them except NS3. We're able to dig into their psyche, know their desires, hurts and fear. None of them feels generic to me, even the reporter friend (who's so protective of SB). I don't often see such incredible writing in a drama. Makes me so happy! :)

@philosophie, Yes, I can see this happen if David speaks to the grandfather on the phone, but we have no hint yet that it ever happened... :)

Edited to add: 13 minutes into episode 12, everything I thought I knew about love got shattered to pieces. NS3 and SB are an impossibly cute puzzle, and I'm drowning in a sea of "how, wait, what???!" :blink::wub::blink:

Initial thoughts:

Wow. Why am i shipping this robot so much with a human? :wub: they are so sweet together. It's so good to see someone hold onto their affection strongly. 

as for NS, his attitude is still the same as first episodes. I don't hate him but his actions don't make it favorable either. Then again, he has had this personality for a long time. I think the environment he grew up in created him that way and it's very pitiful. I don't think he will be taking the baddie sides anytime soon. We still need him to know the truth about his dad. Some shady business occured there.

Im not on my computer so cannot write an full analysis yet or reply to other's analysis ;)

why do i think NS3 wont last long? it cld be bec of him used excessive force before. this will be so sad :tears:. NS3 n SB need to be together. NS3 learned how to be himself bec SB. n SB learned how to be better human bec NS3. 

i love reading everyone post here. im sorry not posting much bec my english is bad.

2 minutes ago, baramguk said:

why do i think NS3 wont last long? it cld be bec of him used excessive force before. this will be so sad :tears:. NS3 n SB need to be together. NS3 learned how to be himself bec SB. n SB learned how to be better human bec NS3. 

i love reading everyone post here. im sorry not posting much bec my english is bad.

Hello chingu! :)

i feel the same way. The scene where he said he has to remember her eyes, nose and lips for a long time felt so heartbreakingly sweet. It was almost like something is bound to happen in the future that will separate them :tears:

hi guys..I liked this drama so much. I gave a break on soompi but couldn't resist and came back for this drama. :) I like to share my thoughts.

first of all like the scenario. it is so creative. liked the acting even the bad guy acting too.. He is really killing it.

ıt would be boring ıf I talk from first ep so I will share my thoughts about last 2 ep.

like everyone I feel so bad for robot Nam Shin. Poor guy. He is not deserving this. He is not getting back what he gives. at least So Bong is there to protect him. I also liked So Bongs honesty. She confessed her love without worrying. yeah he is a robot but dont be stupid you can also see he can feel. he is being happy or being sad in diff situations. I think he can't also notice his machine brain make him feel his own emotions. that is why I say not only soul but brain is the real deal about feelings. when our body hurt the brain sends a pain messages and make us cry..that pain and cry make us feel the sadness.. ıf we feel happy brain secrete endorphin so we feel joy. ıt is same in love. He actually can feel but he still not aware of what he feel bc the machine make him think and act also working same like human brain. He will see..

and also human Nam Shin. I am trying to understand human Nam Shin. I'm trying to look at this situation from his side. Why is he this much hateful? remember the scene of him crying at dark room near his bed in a stormy night. He was crying and calling his mom. He probably waited his mom come and take him during his whole life. He raised with so much money, He spoiled but no one cared about him, no one really loved him. include his grandpa. At the beginning he found his own mom location, he went there secretly with flowers but now he see his mom actually raised a robot instead of him. For him she probably forgot his son bc there is a robot that would fill his emptiness. Because of her love towards that robot she never came and took his own son. He hate her, he jealous that robot and now he feel everyone also liked that robot more than him. He feel lonely again. He really has serious psychological trauma and this make him not thinking right and sure his trauma will bring a extreme behaviours.

but I feel he will change and human nam shin and NS3 gonna defeat that bad guy together. ;)

and still wonder why granpa financed Nam Shin project. He keep saying NS3 is the future of the company..why?..you know he is a copy of your own grandson. while Nam Shin is there ıt wont happen. Feel like he never liked his own grandson and never liked the idea of him waking up. he is a weird man with so much secrets.

Ep 25+26 Text Preview

Receiving hatred from So Bong and confirming Dr. Oh's sincerity about Nam Shin III, Nam Shin's anger only grows. Without Yena's knowledge, he calls Director Seo to the lab...

Even though he knows it was for his sake, Nam Shin makes biting remarks to even Young Hoon because he is enraged by Nam Shin III. Meanwhile, CEO Nam proposes PK group's successor position and  tries to find out Young Hoon's intentions...

Hello friends,

There are many thoughts and feelings this week, I really hope I can watch this drama every day :D It is difficult to wait till next week. 

It is wonderful we had many hugs and romantic scenes this week. I feel touched when So Bong confessed to NS3 and gave him much love although he is only a robot. I feel love is miraculous, no any discriminations. I will be sad very much if NS3 will not stay long :tears:

I can understand the feeling of Human Shin, he has been alone so long without his mother, it leads to his the such character.

I hope a ending is happy to everyone, can it be :sweatingbullets:

The main contrast between NS's and Robbo NS's character is due mainly to the environment and how they were brought up! How can anyone expect NS to be kind and well adjusted when he's bought up mostly by his COLD grandpa who hardly ever smiles? He lacked motherly LOVE unlike NS3 who had parental love from Mum & David. :(

I dont blame NS for being jealous of NS3 at the moment as he has every right to feel so as his mum seemed to have spent more time with him. But after gaining trust from NS3 when NS3 proved his sincerity by helping him (asking their mum on his behalf with ear pieces) more he'll NOT harm him.:D

When NS 1st met NS3 I was worried he might destroy him. I was surprised that after his initial antagonistic behaviour towards him, he ASKED NS3 to help him! BRAVO! That from a JERK like NS? Initially there may be some resistance on NS's part to get NS3's help due to his arrogant nature but reliable NS3 will eventually win him over. :lol:

I hope I'm not wrong because I've read somewhere that NS3 will help NS get rid of their enemies and there'll be a happy ending!:wub:

This show has me hooked waiting for Mon/Tues! I am having a hard time guessing how they will end this story. I don't think it's realistic for SB and NSIII to end up together. If they weren't so worried about Director Seo and NS causing trouble, the reality would hit them harder that they don't have much of a future together. Kids? I think one would start to get resentful that the other can't truly feel over time, no? That insecurity would be too much.  If NS continues to be a turd, I vote that the story is written somehow that Lee Joon Hyuk's character gets the company position and a hint of a love line in the future with SB. He came from a poor background so he would be able to understand her and they both have gotten along fairly well and share similar feelings about NSIII. Giving happiness for his only two friends seems something thoughtful for NSIII to do before inactivating. Just a thought. :)

I understand Namshin had got mad cuz everybody surround him seems prefer Roboshin more than him.. Especially his Mom, secretary Ji, and his grandfather...

and at the last scene, when Roboshin grabbed Sobong's hand, Namshin look startled. Sobong was his bodyguard after all.. So maybe he want to get her back to him. He used get everything he want... 

I'm scared he would do everything to get Sobong.. Maybe he would act like Roboshin... Or what if Namshin later will be fall in love with Sobong while doing that??? :scream: woah.. Love Triangle (exclude YeNa :lol:)

Sorry, I'm too excited with my imagination :wub: Maybe I should write fanfiction :D

I am concluding that based from the last preview for ep25 next week that Nam Sin original will recover and will be working again in PK company bec he and Nam Sin 3 are wearing the same gray suit when they bump into each other on the street....but you can hear also from the voice over that Nam Sin3 said that So Bong is his and cannot be shared to Nam Sin original bec Kang So Bong is only for Nam Sin3...Does this mean that NamSin original now has feelings for Kang So Bong????

Archived