[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Lynne

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, dito said:

It does seem like GTY downfall is actually planned as we've been guessing. From this its clear GTY made himself the pawn and deliberately brought ED's attention towards himself. ED gets busy in bringing him down thinking emperor will be weakened. In GTY's absence she starts the revolt. While the prince and the emperor put their plan to bring down ED in motion....GTY rides in with his troops gloriously to defeat the ED and her allies.

In the book, when they first came to Gu manor after marriage....and in the family gathering ML was not sure whether to sit or stand like the other wives....GTY gave a little cough and silently indicated the chair next to him for her to sit. After that she always sat next to him in family gatherings.

I miss little gestures like this from the novel which were not adapted to the drama. One other funny scene I wanted to see was GTY messing up the names of ML's maids. DanJu, Xiaotao, Bisi....Xiaotao became tao zi....Bisi became Lixi.....Danju became Jiu xi or something. All the maids were making fun of GTY and couldn't help laughing.

About QH, ...wasn't it him who started talking about political matters to his wife first? not sure??

I also felt  he only told his wife that cause she was talking crap about ML.

Those cues do sound like they would have been cute in the drama. Also the maids names being butchered is funny.

9 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

She clearly care's for him and worry's about him and still would go all out to save him so i think she is actually in love but not showing or knowing what exactly is going on with her. We saw that when he had blood on him and i bet she was sad inside about the MN situation.

Well said chingu @ForgottenSoulx... I believe she is in love with GTY. She is showing all the signs but Guess!!  what she hasn’t realized it yet. Ming Lan has major major major trust issues. I think even if she knows she is I love with him, her fear of telling him will be like giving away her weaknesses. Like some you said she is afraid, her moms last request when she died is always on her mind and her grandmother’s teaching is very much a part of her. I think Ming Lan’s Real problem is that people change and trusting someone ‘s word at face value is a big risk. In order for her to take that big step , GTY needs to show his own weakness to her. Some of you will say he has shown his weakness but I don’t think he has truly shown his weakness that meaningful to Ming Lan. 

We should all remember he has never told her he Loves her but he has shown her how much he loves but for Ming Lan seeing is believing. Meaning he needs to risk something that is valuable to him for her to take that leap. 

Does this make sense???? 

8 hours ago, dito said:

ML persuading GTY to spend the night with the witch was only for his son, as ML knows he's been looking desperately for his son all these years. So her first thought was for GTY and his son. ...(guessing here...haven't watched the epi yet.)

@dito...... Well said chingu , in fact after watching thes episode. Ming Lan didn’t like sending her husband to that WITCH. When they weee talking she paused way to much. She tried to change his mind but then she decided to go with it because GTY is looking for his son. That this may be the only way for him to get his son. 

That is how I interpreted that scene in episode 49.

18 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

The stupidest, most out of character minglan would do, actually meeting qh in secret AT a banquet??????? Yooooo I feel like throwing shoes at minglan (and the scripwriter) right now

Did QH ask for a meeting or was it initiated by ML because of his wife?

2 minutes ago, minglan1 said:

Did QH ask for a meeting or was it initiated by ML because of his wife?

Based on the sneak peak, I think ML is the one who wants to meet QH. So I think she asked XT to arranged the meeting during the banquet. 

1 hour ago, mingerling said:

Woah..Now i understand y the big 'fight' between GTY & ML that u guys were discussing and anticipating..ML initiated a secret meeting with QH and that's a no-no especially when ppl know about their history, i mean what if somebody else and not GTY found out first (GTY did saw them first, right?)..oh wow ML, that was a really stupid move even if she was doing for her husband's benefit.

6 hours ago, mooose said:

Dr. He said the same thing but caved to maternal pressure in only a few days. This is an era where you could not always say no to gifts like servants and concubines depending on the giver and circumstances. ML's own mother was a gifted concubine from the Wang family. 

ML knows that he might have to take concubines into the household in the future simply because they can't escape it and his heart might be moved by another woman in the future.

Dr He is Dr He. GTY is GTY. im sure if they gave gty girls, he wont even touch them if they must really force him and he really gotta take them.

49 minutes ago, nichiwoohee said:

The stupidest, most out of character minglan would do, actually meeting qh in secret AT a banquet??????? Yooooo I feel like throwing shoes at minglan (and the scripwriter) right now

Exactly.. ML was being stupid thinking QH is still the same guy he was and also thinking as long as she is doing it for her husband, it's OK like girl.. You are th one that has being claiming about your husband taking a concubine since it's common in that Era and you are now secretly meeting with the person the whole society knows about your past in that Era.. What the richard simmons was she thinking 

But somehow for ML to do something this stupid fro someone so smart, and it's also for GTY low-key, shows she loves him as much to behave childishly.. Interesting 

Ep51 & 52 Just watched it raw and DAEBAK!

I wouldn't mind some dialogue spoilers on the ML-SH fight.

I wonder what our romantic playboy 6th Liang discovers about his wife when he interrogates that maid? That he was played by another player and she's killing his babies? Bet he's regretting marrying that whiny Molan now. Loved the look on his face when ML the chopsticks.  He called her a 'block' before and now discovers she's a firecracker. 

15 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Woah..Now i understand y the big 'fight' between GTY & ML that u guys were discussing and anticipating..ML initiated a secret meeting with QH and that's a no-no especially when ppl know about their history, i mean what if somebody else and not GTY found out first (GTY did saw them first, right?)..oh wow ML, that was a really stupid move even if she was doing for her husband's benefit.

this is true? Or are you guessing based on the previews? 

3 minutes ago, bulubulu said:

this is true? Or are you guessing based on the previews? 

Spoiler

Seem ml asked xiatao to arrange the meet.. I guess it was spurred from ml's mtg with qh's wife. She just want to warn qh that both of them has married. Forget about her. She's already move on with her life and he should have done so. Besides, now she's his elder. 

41 minutes ago, dopez said:

Based on the sneak peak, I think ML is the one who wants to meet QH. So I think she asked XT to arranged the meeting during the banquet. 

Thanks.No wonder GTY would get be plagued by insecurity.Should be an interesting episode.A good respite from Maniang saga.

6 hours ago, Leila Essalih said:

I agree; she just accept that without asking her heart. she don't want to li_e to her self; she is a women in this area who shoulld accept the rules.

She dont want to lie to her self? Well she is low key lying to herself then by accpecting her man to take girls and she lowkey love gty. Is this not lying to herself also?

Archived