Quantcast
angelangie

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

11 minutes ago, mingerling said:

seeing SH cower when GTY came to defend ML had me dyinggg!!  :joy: i've been replaying that part for a hot minute lool

Seeing GTY actually looking and holding the wife as he said he's picking her up, and then stroking her back gently as he speaks...:wub:

I realise they do that with each other. When ML sees GTY angry or unhappy, she strokes his back gently as a way to ease his anger too. 

Could be just me but I find that very heartwarming. Very intimate.

• Like 17
  • Love 1

Spoiler

My heart breaks when ML tells him how her mom forced her to stop calling her mom, for her survival....

can't even call your own mom as mom...:tears:

And for GTY to acknowledge her mom as mother-in-law...how much it means to ML..

At the end of the day, both GTY and ML really only wanted their moms' to be acknowledged as a person...:tears:

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 4

The scriptwriter in his blog, said that the slap given by ml to mn is an indication that ml already love gty bcos ml is not a physical person. She slapped mn bcoz mn insulted gty and it is something of out of character for ml. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 5

After the recent episodes it does make me see how similar they are in a way...and that's why they understand each other so well, implicitly, intuitively...

The pain and damage they have been through as a child. Lost innocence. 

But the way they deal with the pain, it seems, is on the opposite end of the spectrum. 

GTY externalise his hurt in the form of rebellion. He argues, and talks back to his dad and elders, and takes a heap of beating. Rebel against his family, earning himself a bad name in the capital. 

But more dangerously, is that ML internalise her pain. She becomes docile, puts her head down, pretending to be meek, plays dumb, appearing in daze. Suppressing her feelings. All to hide her pain within. 

The things she was forced/forced herself to do to survive well in the family. 

It's not that hard to see why it's so difficult for her to open up...so disinclined to express her feelings. 

So while the world sees him as rash, unfilial, revengeful, disrespectful scoundrel; and her as meek, in daze glutton, and now to the Gu's as scheming, manipulative woman; they see each other as they are deep down: lonely, damaged soul of a beautiful, kind person inside...

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 4

11 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The scriptwriter in his blog, said that the slap given by ml to mn is an indication that ml already love gty bcos ml is not a physical person. She slapped mn bcoz mn insulted gty and it is something of out of character for ml. 

:blink: I've never thought about that! 

But so true! Even when she had her revenge on CL, she didn't say more than a sentence...didn't show much feelings...

She's never lifted her arm, or gotten physical with anyone ..

But thank you for confirming my suspicion that she does love GTY her own way, whether she realises it or not. Regardless if he sees it or not...

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

After the recent episodes it does make me see how similar they are in a way...and that's why they understand each other so well, implicitly, intuitively...

The pain and damage they have been through as a child. Lost innocence. 

But the way they deal with the pain, it seems, is on the opposite end of the spectrum. 

GTY externalise his hurt in the form of rebellion. He argues, and talks back to his dad and elders, and takes a heap of beating. Rebel against his family, earning himself a bad name in the capital. 

But more dangerously, is that ML internalise her pain. She becomes docile, puts her head down, pretending to be meek, plays dumb, appearing in daze. Suppressing her feelings. All to hide her pain within. 

The things she was forced/forced herself to do to survive well in the family. 

It's not that hard to see why it's so difficult for her to open up...so disinclined to express her feelings. 

So while the world sees him as rash, unfilial, revengeful, disrespectful scoundrel; and her as meek, in daze glutton, and now to the Gu's as scheming, manipulative woman; they see each other as they are deep down: lonely, damaged soul of a beautiful, kind person inside...

Well, they complement to each other. For gty, his rebellious way was quenched by ml gentle way, rational thinking and calm manner. He himself admitted that no one can control him, even the emperor but only ml can. 

Whilst for ml, gty give her dignity as woman, freedom to exercise her will. Ml in one of the episode said that when i was at sheng manor, i just pretend to be weak and dumb. After i marry u, i learned to lie. And gty proudly said, i guess it is a thank you. 

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

:blink: I've never thought about that! 

But so true! Even when she had her revenge on CL, she didn't say more than a sentence...didn't show much feelings...

She's never lifted her arm, or gotten physical with anyone ..

But thank you for confirming my suspicion that she does love GTY her own way, whether she realises it or not. Regardless if he sees it or not...

Actually ML has been showing and doing a lot of things that proves she loves him, the last step is just for her to openly accept it or accept it to herself that she loves him.. If she accepts it herself, GTY will also be able to feel 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Well, they complement to each other. For gty, his rebellious way was quenched by ml gentle way, rational thinking and calm manner. He himself admitted that no one can control him, even the emperor but only ml can. 

Whilst for ml, gty give her dignity as woman, freedom to exercise her will. Ml in one of the episode said that when i was at sheng manor, i just pretend to be weak and dumb. After i marry u, i learned to lie. And gty proudly said, i guess it is a thank you. 

They do. Perfectly. 

That's what makes them so formidable as opponent. 

The stepmom couldn't get GTY to make mistakes she expects him to make because ML is there to stop him from making those mistakes.

And now, SH can no longer cover up whatever he wants and boldly favour CL and Molan because GTY is there to protect, and defend ML .. 

Such a beautiful couple, with 2 very intelligent, but emotionally hurt person.

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

Can you give me a link of scriptwriter 's blog? Is it in Chinese? 

• Like 3

It is because they are such a team that compliment each other ... playing the good cop, bad cop that the Stepmother said that she need to break them as they are a formidable foe as a pair.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, m0us3y said:

Just watched EP 52 tv version (raw)..

Need some help with translation...

Did QH really said to QTY, "I trusted you, and see how I end up now? If the Emperor trusts you, how will he ends up?"

Is he saying that GTY con ML from him??

As GTY walks off, QH actually said "You can deceive everyone but not me?" 

Is he implying that ML is getting deceived by him?

Also it seems rather evident that QH is indeed doing what he was doing out of personal interest, and his grudge. He even tried to convince himself, rather unsuccessfully, that it's professional?

Just wanna ensure I didn't misunderstand that scene before I comment further...

You got the conversation between QH and GTY right. One tiny thing though, QH implied that in the matter of courting ML, GTY deceived him. From this he deducted that GTY wasn't a trustworthy man and shouldn't hold a position of high responsibility in court. From this one can clearly see personal matters intertwined with court issues, so when QH finally said "I did this all for the court.", he's only deceiving himself.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, matrim said:

You got the conversation between QH and GTY right. One tiny thing though, QH implied that in the matter of courting ML, GTY deceived him. From this he deducted that GTY wasn't a trustworthy man and shouldn't hold a position of high responsibility in court. From this one can clearly see personal matters intertwined with court issues, so when QH finally said "I did this all for the court.", he's only deceiving himself.

He is just making himself look like the self righteous man that cares for his country while deep down its just his personal influence.. What a pity that he is bow living the life of deceit himself without anyone deceiving him 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, matrim said:

Qh was in delusion. If he is really a good officer, he sh investigate any rumours he heard about gty. But what did he do? Blindly reported  and tarnished gty's name in front of emperor and court's official. He was childish. 

• Like 7

In hindsight ML should not have hidden behind Grandma and XT in rejecting QH. He needed to be told directly, ' boy, I dont want you no more/ I've moved on/ I never look back/ GTY personally proposed and I've accepted' etc.

Because of lingering affection for her first love, she didn't face him and left him to draw negative conclusions about GTY.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, mooose said:

In hindsight ML should not have hidden behind Grandma and XT in rejecting QH. He needed to be told directly, ' boy, I dont want you no more/ I've moved on/ I never look back/ GTY personally proposed and I've accepted' etc.

Because of lingering affection for her first love, she didn't face him and left him to draw negative conclusions about GTY.

I don’t know if this would have changed anything. He would have blamed her or not believed her anyway. Qh has always got what he wanted apart from ml. Instead of reflecting on his mistakes, he blames others. It’s a like a child that lost his favorite toy. Even in the clip it seems he doesn’t believe her.

they are setting him up to fight completely against gty. And this shows that in the end he never cared for ml or wanted her happiness.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, mooose said:

If qh really know ml, whatever that has been told by xiatao to him has come from ml herself and not from grandma. Gty was able to marry ml bcoz ml agreed to the marriage and thus persuaded grandma so. Thus, any rejection came directly from ml. For a delusional man like qh, you can't reasonate with him. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, mooose said:

To speak to QH directly would be inappropiate and tarnish ML's reputation, for she had been engaged to GTY.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, matrim said:

To speak to QH directly would be inappropiate and tarnish ML's reputation, for she had been engaged to GTY.

Actually, at the time, grandma has yet to accept the proposal. Shitou asked gty when qh left to see ml (to ask her whether she agreed to the proposal) why gty dare qh to ask ml directly as grandma has yet to accept the proposal. Gty confidently said that i know ml. She will not going to look back at him. 

• Like 10