[Official] Gao Wei Guang / Vengo Gao / 高伟光 ❤ Dilraba Dilmurat / Di Li Re Ba / 迪丽热巴 - Next project "The Pillow Book"

ReemKanabta

Im a new fan, recently found youtube putting clips of Eternal Love of Dream on my feed to watch and started seeing a few and than watched some eps on youtube and then searched for streaming content and found it on Roku which had adds but found it was on Amazon prime which the translation isnt as par to the Roku one but similar just had no ads in the way. I really liked the chem they have, it was a bit weird seeing them on Eternal Love to their own show since there was so much difference in tone and the way V played Dong Hua in the Eternal Love of Dream but he was more let loose in a sense of his demeaner and facial reactions. D is ever so cute in both versions she just has that energy i think with any guy she works with. But V is very good looking and it kinda sucks that they didnt really get as much publicity like she has been getting with Yang Yang unless I've missed a bunch. I saw some clips of them doing seperate interviews and being on the game show, kinda wish i knew chinese, Im korean american and sometimes can understand the k dramas but i rarely watch them unless it has a interesting plot. But V and D are cute even if there is a 9yr age gap and they did work on a few projects together before hand to have that chem on screen. Kinda hope they get to do a more modern sort of the now type drama like she has been with Yang Yang, havent seen that drama but saw so many pics of them at events and interviews. Sorry for the rant but just wanted to say im a fan started to fan girl more though for V he is really good looking and camera really loves him. Cant wait to see what things they come out with next year. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

@Judy Cho Welcome to the forum!

You are right. V and D didn't do any promotion together. When Eternal Love of Dream was released, Covid-19 lockdown occurred. Even without the lockdowns, I don't think V and D would have done much promotion together. No thanks to certain extreme fans. China is tightening the entertainment industry, the government have stated they will not accept fan wars and unfold rumors online. It will be interesting to see if that makes any difference in terms of V and D working together in the future. 

I watched D and Yang Yang latest drama. Visually they look absolutely amazing together. However, I still think D have better chemistry with V.  D and V interactions appear very natural, just like a couple. D is most relaxed with V.

I love V as Donghua. If the acting is not done right, Donghua's character may appear stoic and rather bothering. V infused life into Donghua, his micro expressions and pouting is so amusing to watch. V's Donghua is godly, appears untouchable and emotionless, yet when he is with FJ, Donghua becomes childlike and oh so shameless. D's FJ is just as amazing. I read somewhere that D in real life is not like FJ, she doesn't know how to be cute, but D hit the ball out of the park as FJ.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

@Judy Cho Welcome to the forum!

You are right. V and D didn't do any promotion together. When Eternal Love of Dream was released, Covid-19 lockdown occurred. Even without the lockdowns, I don't think V and D would have done much promotion together. No thanks to certain extreme fans. China is tightening the entertainment industry, the government have stated they will not accept fan wars and unfold rumors online. It will be interesting to see if that makes any difference in terms of V and D working together in the future. 

I watched D and Yang Yang latest drama. Visually they look absolutely amazing together. However, I still think D have better chemistry with V.  D and V interactions appear very natural, just like a couple. D is most relaxed with V.

I love V as Donghua. If the acting is not done right, Donghua's character may appear stoic and rather bothering. V infused life into Donghua, his micro expressions and pouting is so amusing to watch. V's Donghua is godly, appears untouchable and emotionless, yet when he is with FJ, Donghua becomes childlike and oh so shameless. D's FJ is just as amazing. I read somewhere that D in real life is not like FJ, she doesn't know how to be cute, but D hit the ball out of the park as FJ.

Yea I cant stop rewatching those moments when D acts so childish especially when he got jelly of Shen Ye who is pretty much his shadow but he didnt know til he had to see the moments that revealed it, Seeing V bring a little freshness to D from how he was before in EL was interesting to see his expressions with his eyes kinda did alot of the talking and his whole hand to face thing he does when hes sitting like he bored yet when FJ was the cute like adorbs fox he was smitten and lol FJ was so adorbs seeing through her eyes and how they captured her innocnece and affections to him at those times was precious but when she attacked JH and got the scolding it wasnt like she could be all like that chick stole my idea that i fixed in your sword design. SHe had her reasons and he didnt really think it through but FJ did so many things for him and he did brush it off which was like damn and then when he gets the deets from LS about what his bae endured all for the sake of paying back her dent he had that OH crap moment was kinda funny yet a slap to the head like DUUUUUUDE you messed up. V really opened a differnt D up with those smirks and desire for FJ in the dream which was soooo cute that it even confused FJ. 

I love rewatching when D starts to really notice her little by little and hes so intrigued that his friend LS starts to notice D got it bad for FJ he loved teasing him and D is all like MEH but his face kinda says it all. LS is funny to watch when he interacts with D and when LS flirts with CY. Something about the way V portrays characters he really expressive with his eyes. Its obvious V and D have that understanding to FJ and D they are managed under same company and have collaborated and maintained that friendship and even if V started in late with acting he really brings his charm. love when D fights though too those scenes of him using either his bad RickRoll'D sword or his magic and the way the CGI is done that stuff is fun to watch. The sword designs are pretty neat FJ sword has that metal handle and long somewat marble type stone to it while D has like a gold metal designed handle and sort of the frosty type glass design on it. 

I think for YAMG thats more of the now like shes acting with someone who is more her age and its not a ancient type show its romance and something ppl can relate to since its not like ELOD which is more of gods and power and such which has a different element and they seem to just kiss and have those alone time moments off screen. Im not hating on YAMG it seems like an ok drama the plots all normal every day things two ppl go through which i dont feel drawn to, I was skeptical when ELOD kept showing up on my youtube feed like oh must be some cheesy drama but after watching a few clips and then really looking into the show it was more interesting to want to watch theres a bit of fox saves guy then becomes the injured fox now all sad to D noticing her slowly to her kinda teasing back that angst she had for him when she turned into the handkerchief to almost dying in that fight D had with CW then she and CW got sucked into the tornado to being tossed far where D couldnt find her and then FJ accidentally falls in the mortal realm and have to pretend there from somewhere other than the heavens to than things start getting more and more interesting. also that time FJ does the love trial wit D again even though in EL that was more of D doing it to i think show FJ that moment of love that he could have or something but in the ELOD FJ and D as mortal ppl was rocky that girl had to jump off a cliff to literally break D heart which like Broke when he came back he had tears but he was all like WTH. D goes to the mortal  realm to teach like he had done every few years that FJ kinda held a grudge that D didnt even think of rescuing them at all but it starts showing that frustrating desire she tries to deny and D gets more curious as it goes. When FJ notices D is trying to fend of Miao Luo spirit form with the blossoms she tries to be the hero but sorts needed D to help and that whole double teaming and the way hes controling her and moving with her that was hot they were in sync whether it was his magic doing the work they just kept in sync as he moved her. then when it was over lol D is all like im hurt here shes all like ugh and he keeps trying to get answers out of her about why she was there it was a funny moment how hse just spills the beans and hes all like hmmmmmmm so u were planning to steal the fruit even though he was the one to screw with the tunnel like awwww. there was just something about it as it went on the kissing scenes were soft even though in the interviews i think V said that the directors wanted less comfortable and more umph or something but i think the way those moments were captured shows V has ways of smooching on screen even if might be sutle but there how he does the head kisses to kisses. 

Edited by Judy Cho
  • Like 4
  • Blob 1

@Judy Cho

V's eyes literally sparkles and goes tender when he sees FJ/D. Even D mentioned how tender V's eyes are.

I honestly felt sorry for FJ and DH in the first half of the drama. FJ tried so hard, yet DH didn't notice her at all.

It isn't DH's fault, but when he found out how much FJ did, he must have felt so guilty. In DH's defense, as soon as he literally made eye contact with FJ, he fell in love and did whatever possible to get her attention.

That is pretty much the same thing for three live times; as an mortal and DH's shadow. It is so ironic how FJ and DH had no fate,  but its so clear they only have love for each other. I wonder, if DH never met FJ, does that mean he will forever be alone? 

Oh the kiss scenes! Still gives me butterflies when I watch it. I liked how all the kiss scenes (e.g. nose kisses, mouth, forehead etc) turned out. I know a lot of fans wanted more passion and intensity, but V got it right. DH may verbally trick and tease FJ, but he treats FJ like a treasure. All of DH's gestures are very tender. He doesn't force FJ to submit to him, he initiates and waits for FJ to respond.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

@ChibiLy

I know thought the kissing scenes were sutle and gestured to how much D was falling for FJ even the small forhead kisses to the nose kisses, He was really growing fond of her seeing a side to her he never thought to really see, it took LS to be like Yo that girl has done so much stuff for you and u treated her like crap all this time yet she still fights to get your attention, his reaction to that was like head pains but makeing so much sense kind of moment. WHen FJ screams the guys all turn and its h no bae in trouble it all my damn fault which was opening to more possibilities for him to now really be the hero in her eyes and to really see her even if it was a dream world for a while. 

Have you seen his other show Candle in the tomb: the wrath of time? its an interesting series and the action stuff that V does is crazy good, it was sad to seeing him loose two of his students wanted to hug him but overall he was really good in it and i like that little hair bun style he had goin. I hope he gets to do more riveting stuff maybe do a dark movie or a rom com with maybe D if they find the right type of story to do together.

Wish ELOD went longer wanted to see how the wedding would have gone if they got to redo it and how D handles baby G and where things would of gone, I loved how they battle ML towards the end and have that moment of if you die i die. But FJ will always be by his side even if it was ever going to be fate or not. 

Edited by Judy Cho
  • Like 5

@Judy Cho I have seen Candle in the Tomb: the Wrath of Time. My gosh V look hot in that drama. His character is so manly, yet so shy. The way he cried, it killed me. His acting have come along way since TMOPB.  Too bad, I haven't found any of his recent shows as captivating. I think he has been doing a lot of cameos in up and coming dramas.  

I would love to watch D and V in a modern drama or any drama. I think it would be hard to top ELOD though. It such a beautiful story.

I don't think DH or FJ will live happily without each other. I think they are the only fictional couple that makes me believe in true and ever lasting love. 

You should try the ELOD forum. Some of the kind Soompi users have translated the last DH + FJ short story the author wrote. The story is based on after FJ wakes up and a younger DH. 

• Like 3

Does anyone use Discord or know of any Discord server that has fans chatting about the ELOD or the cast? Not sure how often people go on here and alot of the content seems to be blank from the previous posts. Just curious of any one uses Discord in general.

23 hours ago, Judy Cho said:

Does anyone use Discord or know of any Discord server that has fans chatting about the ELOD or the cast? Not sure how often people go on here and alot of the content seems to be blank from the previous posts. Just curious of any one uses Discord in general.

I don't know any discord server, but the ELOD forum is still active on Soompi. There is a wealth of information there.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I don't know any discord server, but the ELOD forum is still active on Soompi. There is a wealth of information there.

Im just curious, Im mostly on tumblr alot of the time, I only googled motly V and D content to find this place. I havent reall found much content on Tumblr but i still check out the hasttag feeds for ELOD and or V and or D content love the photoshoots they do, Something about V's eyes and the way he looks in to the camera is just so expressive. Looking for other places fans would go to chat.

• Like 3

V-Reba like to make a fishy post :joy: like respond another post

4 October 2017

Mid-Autumn Festival 

Use google translate :

V posted 12:18 pm

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival. Eat little mooncakes. Afraid of getting fat. This is the first greeting of the Mid-Autumn Festival.  

Reba posted 14:03

Wishing everyone a happy Mid-Autumn Festival.  You can eat as many mooncakes as you can, everyone.

It's like she's responded to V :joy:

21 Sept 2021

Mid-Autumn Festival

Use google translate

V posted 7:35 pm
Hi~ Have you eaten mooncakes today? This is me, the identification is complete. Happy Mid-Autumn Festival everyone!

21:48

Eat my mooncake after I ate my wonton. Happy Mid-Autumn Festival. May the moon be full and everyone well

Like talking to the media. Today our boat is strong.

Still my favorite till now

Both V-Reba updated their Oasis app on 24 March 2020

V: What to eat for midnight?

RebaSuddenly, I want to eat crab. But I can only eat crab leg.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, rainyday293 said:

21 de septiembre de 2021

Festival de mediados de otoño

Usa el traductor de Google

V publicado 7:35 pm
Hola ~ ¿Has comido pasteles de luna hoy? Este soy yo, la identificación está completa. ¡Feliz Festival del Medio Otoño a todos!

21:48

Cómeme mi pastel de luna después de comerme mi wonton. Feliz Festival del Medio Otoño. Que la luna esté llena y todos estén bien

Como hablar con los medios. Hoy nuestro barco es fuerte.

Thank you very very much for the candies.

:fullofhearts:

Edited by Emily Bett
Please don't quote Tweets, thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

EVENT Alert! What do you think should happen next? Calling all drama viewers who have an opinion on which direction a drama should be heading in. Here is your chance to play PDnim. Participate in this joint screenwriting game and lets see what kind of drama Soompi chingus come up with. Surely, it will be better than some of the duds we have been subjected to, right? :lol:

re: @partyon, @Lmangla, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart, @agenth