[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Actually, to add to my post above, I just thought of a totally new concept. What if the Lady in red had set up this whole situation as a test of "love" for all of them. The Lady in Red has been involved in all of their lives and has predicted the future for all of them and met most of them indirectly. Otherwise, why are all their lives connected together? I wonder if she is in fact God.

Lady in Red connection to all of them:

A) She had told ET's mother to pray to the Goblin to save her and her baby

B) She has even met DH (maybe it was her that suggested him to rent the place to the Grim Reaper)

C) She has indirectly met GR and sunny while selling them the ring and predicted that they will have to pay the price.

D) Then she knew that ET would have to suffer in her childhood and that she would have to bear it...until she was under Sunny's care

If they all past this test and learn to forgive, love and move forward, maybe they can all have a happy ending...

• Like 15

1 hour ago, itzibitzispider said:

Hmmm ... google is a part of me ... each time I spot something interesting .. I google it ... so I googles body shop and found 3 within the 30-45min range ... stupidly did I sit right outside one on Saturday ... but that was "pre-episode6" ... I need to check that out

I am really no perfume lover/user (to intensive and I get sick ... but you are all fan-girling over that "white musk" ... I want to smell that ...

Please don't hate me, but I get sick and tired of reading every other 3-5 pages the "age gap"-issue .... could we focus on the drama and not on such a silly thing?

No kidding, I went to TBS store today because I'm curious how the "White Musk" smell like... end up not buying it because no way I would wear it, hahaha. I'm sorry Euntak, this time I'm not on the same page as you >.<. I don't know how to describe the smell, but it was not my kind of fragrance, too strong for my liking. Hahaha

---

I'm glad  that you guys liked my translation on the "contract", I also frustrated when they don't subbed the contract fully. And I actually like comparing the sub from each of the available site (re: DramaFever, Viki, and VIU), and while watching it with another sub it feels like a new episode all over again, because in some lines, the translation is bit too different from one another.

Spoiler

Not sure which one is the most accurate, some episodes I like the translation from Viki and other episode I like how VIU translated it

bWlcEwf.jpg

눈 - 김소월 

새하얀 흰눈, 가비엽게 밟을 눈,
재가 타서 날릴 듯 꺼질 듯한 눈,
바람엔 흩어져도 불길에야 녹을 눈.
계집의 마음. 님의 마음.

The title is Snow by Kim Sowol. I'm afraid to interpret the poem because I don't want to ruin it (lol the real reason is there's some words that I cant hardly understand lol). Anyone please help to translate this poem?

aOHR1wQ.png

Euntak say something like this when talking to (ehm) Kim Woobin about Goblin :

세상에서 멀어지고 있을 때
누군가 세상 쪽으로 등을 떠밀어 준다는거

When we are about to leave this world,
there's someone who keep holding us back.

What did she meant? this sentences right here is talking about "dead" right guys?

She was saying something like this : People doesn't know that Goblin is a lonely guardian, but I knows, that's why I want to help Goblin to remove the sword so he could be the shining guardian.

Now, who's leaving and who's holding back according to Euntak's character (who still not aware about the sword issue)?

• Like 20

I was choosing my best moments from last week's episodes and I decided on Goblin and Reaper as the pairing with the "best character dynamics". Seriously, there's so much fun watching them interact and tease each other, but they also had many heartfelt moments and connection this week as Goblin confided in Reaper and Reaper tried to cheer him up. Can't wait to have more scenes of them! Here's my post https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/favourites-of-the-week-12-18-dec/

Favourite moment: Reaper offering Goblin a hug -

goblinfavourite

• Like 17

35 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

I think he couldn't do anything to the missing soul for now ( perhaps untill the bus accident happened) especially when the goblin around, so he couldn't get blamed for that. But he started relationship with Sunny would become a big problem if the authorities find out.

lmao..

why will he lose job when god practically is roaming around hading veggies to ER(yup assumption)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sally_b said:

Sometimes, while reading comments, I wonder if I'm the only viewer, willing to suspend disbelief while watching a fantasy drama.

You are not alone.  To me, it is what "fantasy" is all about, the willingness to suspend rationality and reality and embrace,what if.  The cinematography is amazing, it has an old world charm.  I also love the symbolism such as the drinking of tea and storing the cups.  The three ghosts that ET have befriended are entertaining.   I admit I did sink back into reality just a bit when the blind man died, I would have given him sight...just me.

The writing and directing on this project are great. The premise is sad, because in order for the Goblin to have peace, his bride must pull out the sword. However, the interactions between the two are fantastic.  Although he is tired and wants peace, he is also falling in love and want to live.  The writer, has struck the right balance between sad and amusing.  Who would have thought that a drama featuring a Grime Reaper, would also be comical?

I am sitting back and enjoying the drama as written without trying to apply logic to it.  After all, it is a fantasy.   

• Like 15

I think our Grim Reaper can't take ET, because he promised KS to leave her alone as long as he is there.
Also GR (or KWB ;) ) has a soft spot for either and he really liked her moving in, even thought he acted as if it was in a different direction (a la if she is her I do not need to search for her again), but the moment they entered her room he was in home decorating mode and even got protective like a big brother as KS said ET is to sleep in is bed :D
In the garlic-peeling scene his voice over said, that she will meet another GR when she is 29, even if it is not him, so I guess he has moral issues ;)

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, vivvianne22 said:

No kidding, I went to TBS store today because I'm curious how the "White Musk" smell like... end up not buying it because no way I would wear it, hahaha. I'm sorry Euntak, this time I'm not on the same page as you >.<. I don't know how to describe the smell, but it was not my kind of fragrance, too strong for my liking. Hahaha

---

I'm glad  that you guys liked my translation on the "contract", I also frustrated when they don't subbed the contract fully. And I actually like comparing the sub from each of the available site (re: DramaFever, Viki, and VIU), and while watching it with another sub it feels like a new episode all over again, because in some lines, the translation is bit too different from one another.

Just now, mouse007 said:
49 minutes ago, vivvianne22 said:

---

I am the same way - I like to watch it on several sites to compare translations. 

• Like 9

@maryofbethany back in W, I was still away from Soompi because I wasn't able to login via mobile. Moon Lovers which made me back and made this new account. ^///^

Btw been awhile not doing this mp3 stuff. Finally I can make one again. Only ripping it from the drama. Uri KimShin monolog on "The Physics of Love", taken from ep.5 opening scene.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Puppywookie said:

Actually, to add to my post above, I just thought of a totally new concept. What if the Lady in red had set up this whole situation as a test of "love" for all of them. The Lady in Red has been involved in all of their lives and has predicted the future for all of them and met most of them indirectly. Otherwise, why are all their lives connected together? I wonder if she is in fact God.

B) She has even met DH (maybe it was her that suggested him to rent the place to the Grim Reaper)

C) She has indirectly met GR and sunny while selling them the ring and predicted that they will have to pay the price.

D) Then she knew that ET would have to suffer in her childhood and that she would have to bear it...until she was under Sunny's care

If they all past this test and learn to forgive, love and move forward, maybe they can all have a happy ending...

i've the same feeling and i think {woman in red} 'll affect all of 4 leads fate especially GB&GR and it's true it'll depend on love forgiving each other  

i think the reason ET can't pull out the sword because GB needs to forgive the king first and forget all the past to move on in his life 

i've feeling the end 'll be happy not sad:)

• Like 5

Some kind soul has taken the trouble to translate KS's diary entry!! Sending virtual hugs to this person!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/the-lonely-shining-goblin-episode-6/comment-page-2/#comments

60.1.1 kumoiwa December 18th, 2016 at 8:01 AM

I think Shin sort of narrated that entry in episode 5, but here goes (omg whoever wrote it has a very nice messy style but not good for transcription and I’m not 100% sure I got all the characters right. I referred to both Shin’s original diary entry and Eun-tak’s hand-copy of it just to make sure I wasn’t missing out on anything):

埋葬 隨著離于高麗之童稚 孫子之孫子
I have buried the grandson of the grandson of the young boy who left Goryeo with me

生面異邦之不老可聞凶凶 又離不知何處時矣
The notion of being immortal in a foreign land is fraught with danger. Yet again I do not know where I will be.

吾死此生 吾思此生以賞而終局
When I die in this life, I think of it as ending with a reward.

吾之生罰也 何者之事不忘
But my life is a punishment. I do not forget anything and everything.

神仍不聽
And yet God does not hear me.

• Like 20

Found interesting theory on twitter supporting some/majority of Immortals' theory that Eun Tak has to be 20 to pull the sword out. Also interesting theory why the writer made Eun Tak 19 years old.

More filming BTS

Spoiler

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Puppywookie said:

B. She has even met DH (maybe it was her that suggested him to rent the place to the Grim Reaper)

This is a good theory.

Plus to solidify that she may be God: 

1. She's the only one that can see Eun Tak's future

2. The ability to be invisible in front of the Grim Reaper and seems to hold power above him/look down on what he does 

3. Just the fact that GR and Goblin were talking about God never really showing up in true form: Kids/pregnant women see her as a grandma, Adults: lady in red, and maybe for the Goblin who was about to die: a butterfly