[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

Sorry of this is posted before

EunTak's Necklace in Episode 5 & 6:

tumblr_oigkaeWh1d1qihbiwo1_1280.png

This silver necklace is from Stylus Jewelry and it's worth 109,000 won (91.59 dollars). The 14K version is worth 346,000 won  (290.72 dollars)

The pendant has the word "destin" it means "destiny" or "fate" in French

--> French  is one of official languages in Canada. It's the sole official language of Quebec, Canada.

--> By looking in upright(vertical) position, it kinda looks like a one-legged dokkaebi (letter D looks like a dokkaebi's head with two horns ).

--> The first syllable in EunTak's name is Eun --> it means "silver"

• Like 20

Goblin Episode 6 Recap

Posted on 12/18/2016 by kjtamuser  12 Comments

The moment of truth finally comes. 

Goblin: The Lonely and Great God Episode 6 Recap

I really love the opening theme music in this series, it sets the mood perfectly.

Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) and Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) return to their restaurant in Quebec. Kim Shin has a flash forward of Eun Tak at 28. She’s happy. Kim Shin takes that to mean he decided to end his immortal life. Kim Shin also takes that to mean that Eun Tak will forget about him and have a terrific life without him by her side. That’s a bit of a leap. Kim Shin is insecure in her feelings for him at this point.

goblin_ep5_0518

read here: https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/goblin-episode-6-recap/

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, kiranzz said:

After watching Goblin, I'm addicted to Gongyoo voice. Even I searched all his interview in youtube and also download his CF. His voice is so manly, sexy but tender.

OTTOKKEEE, I CAN'T HELP BUT FALL FOR HIM :w00t::heart:

@kiranzzsweetie, I think many of us here claiming to be GY's girlfriend... Hehe! 

Guess not only those single ladies out there but also those in a relationship, exclusively dating and even married (ME: raising both hands!) are all hooked to this very manly guy... :grin:

Cz39ttDUAAA8DUV.jpg

Cz4AjgKUQAARaga.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tumblr_oif8v0Ot421vtw2zyo1_540.gif

tumblr_oif8v0Ot421vtw2zyo2_540.gif

Edited by Chellsee
added GIFs
  • Like 24

20 hours ago, sally_b said:

Sometimes, while reading comments, I wonder if I'm the only viewer, willing to suspend disbelief while watching a fantasy drama.

...frankly, the best visually produced Kdrama I've watched this year ~  also the most witty and poignant.

Out of all the dramas aired in the past 12 months, I managed to watch only 2 to the entire end. (and this is from someone who watched ALL 51 episodes of Empress Ki in 2014) Even if it's not a GREAT drama, if something about it catches my heart, I give it a go. 

So I'm exceedingly pleased that there is ONE drama that I can happily watch (and anticipate through the year's end) in spite of flaws, and/or "I wish the story would go this direction, instead of that".

Simple enjoyment. Laughs!! tears...characters that make me want to know more about their journey. 

I trust, in advance, that the writer will give this Goblin peace...and I'm open to how that comes about. <3

Yes I agree. It is such a visual treat. It has the vibes of an art movie.
I enjoyed the cinematography, unusual editing and wonderful use of colours in the scenes.

The dialogue must be a treat for those who understand Korean ! I guess some of the beauty is lost through translated English.

I love Gong Yoo's performance of the Goblin ... so poignant ! 

• Like 20

13 hours ago, selenette said:

@vynenitsuga  I believe it is called Dokkaebingitis, or Jeoseung Saja Syndrome (JSS). Go and consult a professional, I already did for my symptoms.

EDIT:  Or you could call it The Bromance Plague.  

EDIT 2: @LyraYoo dear, I'm sorry I haven't replied to that wonderful triplet halmoni post. I'm still trying to come up with something thoughtful.

Also, to @bebebisous33 the entire bridge analysis was amazing. I'm preparing something to support it... wish me luck, Ssaem. Could you pinpoint me to that post of yours (the link)?

hahahha well, I choose TBP (the bromance plague) seeing them made me believe that I dedicated my long nights to fangirling over them. like a new habit to be able to sleep in peace.

tonight I watched ep 5 (re-watched), I see kimshin feel pain of the sword bcz his heart thump thump over ji eun tak. I can see that the sword only reacted when kim shin have a deep feeling toward ji eun tak. that's why, we need more than three kisses in this drama, it's not because we're byeontae, right, but bcz kimshin need more deep connection to eun tak. HAHAHA. #evillaugh poke @Visually-wandering you agree with me, right?

• Like 14

6 hours ago, kyubiX said:

Thanks @aurelly for posting the bts fancam with GY holding what looks like a sandwich a couple pages back. I love that once the scene is done, KGE is smiling and calling for GY to come inside and he kinda waddles (lol) and stays outside, but once he's in her reach she grabs his coat and pulls him in.

Count me in as someone who is against the idea of giving any of the main characters amnesia. I don't like the sound of ET's memories being altered/erased to exclude KS, even if she ends up with him in the end. That future scene in Quebec was depressing.

You'r welcome chingu @kyubiX . I wish we can see more interaction between KGE and GY. They look so cute (to bad she already sold :sweatingbullets:)

• Like 10

10 hours ago, maryofbethany said:

@aurelly     @pluckypennywhistle   .
regarding White Musk by Body Shop, some countries only bring in the plain cover ones, without Gong Yoo's face upon it. i just bought mine thru my local shop in "Asia (SG) , a plain white cover.

Yes true. I think cover with GY face only sold in SK. Wohooo... u already buy ? envy.

I will also looking that WM in my local store :glasses:

*GoblinOHGoblinWhatHaveYouDoneWithME??:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

Goblin Episode 6 Recap

Posted on 12/18/2016 by kjtamuser  12 Comments

The moment of truth finally comes. 

Goblin: The Lonely and Great God Episode 6 Recap

I really love the opening theme music in this series, it sets the mood perfectly.

Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) and Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) return to their restaurant in Quebec. Kim Shin has a flash forward of Eun Tak at 28. She’s happy. Kim Shin takes that to mean he decided to end his immortal life. Kim Shin also takes that to mean that Eun Tak will forget about him and have a terrific life without him by her side. That’s a bit of a leap. Kim Shin is insecure in her feelings for him at this point.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://kjtamusings.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/goblin_ep5_0518.jpg?w=1208%26h=632&key=1ef490a748338f3a523fccb35581ce3b08ead6bbde7cfab1375ca0e3f2dc43ad

read here: https://kjtamusings.wordpress.com/2016/12/18/goblin-episode-6-recap/

I loved this particular comment from the page you shared.

I decided I am not picking this drama to pieces. I want it to just flow over me. And it is. Delightfully so.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, vynenitsuga said:

hahahha well, I choose TBP (the bromance plague) seeing them made me believe that I dedicated my long nights to fangirling over them. like a new habit to be able to sleep in peace.

tonight I watched ep 5 (re-watched), I see kimshin feel pain of the sword bcz his heart thump thump over ji eun tak. I can see that the sword only reacted when kim shin have a deep feeling toward ji eun tak. that's why, we need more than three kisses in this drama, it's not because we're byeontae, right, but bcz kimshin need more deep connection to eun tak. HAHAHA. #evillaugh poke @Visually-wandering you agree with me, right?

@vynenitsuga  @Visually-wandering  hahaha. i don't have that much interaction with this group yet, even with Visually-wandering is just a post or two.... but from what i am very confidently said, Visually-wandering will truly agree with you re: more than 3 kisses.... com'on, the two 900+years old Virgin-boy, only earn 3 kisses for a good 900+ years? how stingy right? i dare say even Reaper himself, after his own curse of memories erased, both are wiped clean of mortal sentiments, both dealt with life and death on a daily basis so much, that such things as True Love has never crossed their mind. they should have never even yearn a kiss for more than 900+ yrs,  i hope this kiss spark off a desire to fight to live, that the unexpected kiss will make both realised how much they shivered and quaked and stirred by that kiss, and the horror that they have fallen hopelessly for each other by that kiss. i can imagine that very night, both in their room, goes insomnia, and we will have scenes of both pacing around the rooms,...
we may even have a scene of one of them trying to open the other's bedroom door, and having each of them at both side of the same door, hesitating, so close to each, yet do not know about how each yearn for the other.... agonising, desiring, desperately.  Loved it.
Writernim KES, give me such a scene, some times need not hot kisses, such subtle scene is thrill enough.

talking about Pain, with desires and wants cometh pain, it always runs this way. when you loves someone , you turn vulnerable, he mentioned to Reaper, he started wanting to live, that make him vulnerable and felt the pain, not just physically, but also emotionally which is more excrucating. What make him unbearable even more, is not for himself to want to stay. But the thoughts that This Sun-beaming Glowing and shinning beautifully girl will lost all her shine, when she discovered she single handedly ended his life, not just died, but reduced him to ashes and non-existence. that's why beside telling her that this is NOT her fault, and not to blame herself. He infact ask his enemy-turn-buddy-Reaper, to reased her memories.
the real Pain come from feeling the impending pain, of herself feeling the pain. and the dilemma goes deeper, when he realised, in the distance future, say 29 yrs old ET will beam happily in dating with another guy.... he was given a first hand experience of "witnessing" this erasing of memories that he personally asked for.

what is worst wrath than death?
Not remembering.
Erasing of Memories.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, triplem said:

Lol! The white musk scent is one of Body Shop's classic scent from years ago. I remember getting one as a Christmas gift many moons ago , but I find it a bit strong for my liking.  Looks like this scent is getting a renaissance , Body Shop definitely scored with this PPL. 

Ahhh looks like this is the year of the ahjussi ..many hot ones here..

@triplem hahah. i know some among here found the scent too strong, you gals more sensible than me.. haha. i went ahead and bought it last night. posted a post here last night of what i bought. i asked the sale assistant, haha. her boss imediately know... "oh, that Gongyoo one... of cause i know, the CoffeePrince....."... hahaha. just for the sake of boosting up the sales (:LOL, i am as shallow as that. i bought all the magazine of W-2 Worlds to support W-drama just months ago)
to make GongYoo happy that "whatever he touches turn Gold". he has the midas touch , and become 'hot-cake", just for that sake, my $50++ is not wasted.  bet he and LDW will become PPL-Princes by Goblin-drama. 

year ago, i was very into Healer, so i went and bought the AKA white ( LG AKA PHONE Wookie) that Healer has... now i am eyeing on Samsung latest model..... my old man give me the look, not very happy that i was hinting i ask permission to buy....  which model was that?
Galaxy J1 Mini Prime ?
SOMETIMES ahjussi are hotter than the kpop idols boys. :wub:

• Like 16