[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

3 hours ago, vynenitsuga said:

I check this thread like 10 times in hour. I stop the subscribe to the email bcz it will disturb my work time, but, when I stop it, I go to this thread more often.

what kind of disease is this?

somebody know it? or somebody already infected? hahahaha

@vynenitsuga  I believe it is called Dokkaebingitis, or Jeoseung Saja Syndrome (JSS). Go and consult a professional, I already did for my symptoms.

EDIT:  Or you could call it The Bromance Plague.  

EDIT 2: @LyraYoo dear, I'm sorry I haven't replied to that wonderful triplet halmoni post. I'm still trying to come up with something thoughtful.

Also, to @bebebisous33 the entire bridge analysis was amazing. I'm preparing something to support it... wish me luck, Ssaem. Could you pinpoint me to that post of yours (the link)?

Edited by selenette
  • Like 14

Hi all,

(Message in advance: I am a hard core Lee Dong Wook fan and proud to be one and I will give him some space on this Goblin board as he is a well deserving actor and lovely human being who has contributed to the success of Goblin! =))

Just wanted to bring up the future story line for the Grim Reaper. Also I find the discussion on the age gap between Goblin and ET such an idiotic topic by now after thousands of comments on it, it's like it cannot be changed so why discuss it, the writer wrote it in the storyline...plus she had to be a student so that she was in a desperate situation with no income and no where to go, it's part of the story line..so hope pple will just accept it, so let's discuss this topic which is not discussed much.

Actually, I know it has been mentioned in previous thread either in Goblin board or here that GR is definitely the king as it was mentioned in the introductory character description and also in wiki?, it would also make more sense for GR to be king since it definitely seemed like the King had ordered all those people to die even if he was influenced by his advisor. However, it is interesting to discuss both scenerios.

So the woman in the red dress said that GR and Sunny would have to pay a high price for the ring. I am wondering what that price would be as so far everything she has predicted has come true....

Scenerio 1

If he was the King, Goblin would find it really hard to forgive him right, then how could they still live together, would he even tell the Goblin abt it? Would it completely damage their new found relationship. Would GR have to sacrifice a huge loss to make up for it or has his 300 years as a GR already be enough, he probably learnt a lot seeing how people end up in afterlife. I am hoping the lady in the red dress will have mercy on him as she had on the little boy in the hospital. Also, if he found out he had directly killed Sunny, his beloved queen in the past, how could he forgive himself and how could he continue the relationship with her without telling her the truth? Would he try to remove himself from everyone and disappear from everyone's life? I would imagine the pain from finding out his past life would be too hard for anyone to bear and he would have to continue a very lonely existence and not be able to die but continue as a Grim Reaper? Or could he redeem himself and have a happy ending with Sunny? In any case I think he will regain his memory when he kisses her or touches her which seems like it could come at episode 10 or it would be strange not to touch at all for so long. Could ET be the key that saves him in the end?

Scenerio 2

Even though it is quite unlikely for GR to have been the queen, but I think endings with a twist are the best stories in the end. So if so the backstory of the crime of the queen would be the most interesting and she looks so innocent in that white dress and that would mean the king who would then have to be Sunny is innocent. That would make the queen's character EXTREMELY interesting... I feel like Goblin was romantically involved with her. I mean he looked at her old portrait and cried. So if Goblin found out GR was his past lover and this past lover had betrayed him, that could be even more interesting how this plot goes down. But I feel Goblin would be more capable to forgive GR if in the past he was the queen. Another note is when Lee Dong Wook approached the writer and PD, they questioned him whether this role may be challenging for him, it seems like there is much more twists in his character then meets the eye. If in the former part of Goblin, he is more comedic, would he be very intense and different, once he gains back his memory and that is the hard part they were talking about to act? If so I really look forward to seeing different sides of his acting and character evolve.

If both scenerios, there does not seem like a final end to him being a Grim Reaper except if there is a higher power that can show him mercy. I mean Goblin has for sure ET who will save him, but who is going to save the GR? It does not seem likely it is Goblin, ET or Sunny, so maybe it is the Lady in the Red dress or he that will save himself, i.e. a huge sacrifice for all the other parties.

• Like 21

Hmmm ... google is a part of me ... each time I spot something interesting .. I google it ... so I googles body shop and found 3 within the 30-45min range ... stupidly did I sit right outside one on Saturday ... but that was "pre-episode6" ... I need to check that out

I am really no perfume lover/user (to intensive and I get sick ... but you are all fan-girling over that "white musk" ... I want to smell that ...

Please don't hate me, but I get sick and tired of reading every other 3-5 pages the "age gap"-issue .... could we focus on the drama and not on such a silly thing?

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Hmmm ... google is a part of me ... each time I spot something interesting .. I google it ... so I googles body shop and found 3 within the 30-45min range ... stupidly did I sit right outside one on Saturday ... but that was "pre-episode6" ... I need to check that out

I am really no perfume lover/user (to intensive and I get sick ... but you are all fan-girling over that "white musk" ... I want to smell that ...

Please don't hate me, but I get sick and tired of reading every other 3-5 pages the "age gap"-issue .... could we focus on the drama and not on such a silly thing?

Im back..agree with you...just focus the bromance ops...just joking...:w00t:

May be I dont like we repeat answer again and again...

• Like 10

12 hours ago, RobinM said:

Sooo... When Kim Shin is gone what is to stop Our Reaper from immediately snatching her or any other reaper for that matter??  

I am more scared of how GR may lose his job if the authorities find out that he knows where the missing soul is and still hasn't offered her the precious tea!!! May be it is a good thing after all. He will turn into a mortal perhaps and GR-Sunny story will have a happy ending.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, staygold said:

I am more scared of how GR may lose his job if the authorities find out that he knows where the missing soul is and still hasn't offered her the precious tea!!! May be it is a good thing after all. He will turn into a mortal perhaps and GR-Sunny story will have a happy ending.

Amen. It will be a happy ending.

Looking at BTS of KimShin holding EunTak shawl.... I feel in love. Only that one scene already gave me butterflies. :wub: I hope there will be a double date scene later on.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

@alleram95 sorry for late reply as well. I'm slow in this fast thread heh. I've also notices Eddy Kim's song and not only in caffee when GR and Sunny met, but later, when GR is trying to record her phone number in cell phone (have recognized Korean word "pretty" like you've said). And now it's have been playing in preview for ep7. As to Mamamoo's song, it has been playing at episode 5, when JET was studying at our immortals' house and guys have been sending her food to her room (0:46:00 approximately).

Thanks for pointing out it. :) Now I can hear clearly what the lyrics of Eddy Kim's song.  

I can't help but amazed when I was reading many analysis in here about the probability and the behind story of the things/plots/actions of the characters. What a great observation and analyzing skill! :heart:

While re-watching some scenes in ep 5, especially with the unreleased OSTs, I can't help but replaying the scene to listen to the song. This is what I understood from the part of the lyrics. My interpretation might be wrong (I'm not fluent in Korean and English isn't my primary language), but maybe it can help those who want to re-watch the episode 5 again, you will get more immersed (?) with the scene. Or it might be only me who did so

Sam Kim's Who are you (I think this is the theme song for our goblin, Kim Shin)

Where I am? Who I am?
The loneliness is like in the prison
Many people have passed by
In this place many people are passing through me
Oh where I am?

Who are you? Who are you?
Feelings that cannot be hidden
Something crazy that make me turn the world upside down
Even in my dream, I want to hold on to you
Where are you?

I’ll find it
I’ll let you know
Wherever you are
No matter what it looks like
I’ll let you know

I’ll remember it
I’ll look at you
In the place where you aren’t there
Even if many years have passed
I won’t forget it
From the way you speak and your expression
I’ll remember it

Eddy Kim's 이쁘다니까 (Because you are pretty) (I think this is the theme song for our Grim Reaper, 'Kim Woobin' ^_^ )

You keep asking me
Every day you keep checking
Even if I say the same thing
Even if I say it every day
Why do you keep asking me?

My lips are dry again
I’m getting a cold sweat again
I know the right answer
The answer that you want to hear
The words that you want to hear
Words that are testing me

You are very pretty, pretty because you are pretty
Why do you keep not believing my words?
No matter how much I want to tell you
No matter what I say
Your expression has an angry look over it

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

If you check my instagram, I was dedicated the content mostly for W (while it airing). Agree with you. I  kinda put my expectation high on that option4 since this drama on tvN. This tv station even has an award for good kisser (1st award goes to Seo In Guk). LOL. Mianhe for widen the topic. But, let's cheer PDnim to make that option4 happen. Yay!!! If you read this thread, please PDnim, granted uri Dokkaebi and his bride more than 3 kisses that elevated the level each time. We will be very thankfull.:wub:

@Visually-wandering since you are a W manic, LOL. you should have seen me at W-2Worlds thread earlier on? :glasses: i am Unabashedly fighting for Option4 there. will proceed to shout for Option 4 here. hahahaa.... let's be nice, will shout also for Option4 not just for KS and ET, but lets share the cake with shouting Option4 for WS and Sunny.... hahaha. sorry, Mods , do close an eye on my pervy statements, btw, you know right, most of those dramas that has Kissing scenes right at the very early state (ahem..done in very good taste manner). and many of those who churned out plenty deep in chemistry and realistic kiss-scenes scattered thru out the show,... normally has pretty high rating or won huge international fans responses... see, My Love from the Star.(SBS) . / Descendent of the Sun (KBS) / W-2 Worlds (MBC) / Healers (KBS)... etc.
its time TvN bring it on a drama full of heart-wrenching tears plus breathe-taking kisses, wonder whether Goblin can reach a new height after Reply88's miracles? Hope the two OTP has enough chemistry to carry those kissing scenes thru... and generate what MYFTS / DotS / W2W... etc.can do.
PDnim, surprise us and indulge us please. eternally grateful.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, staygold said:

I think he couldn't do anything to the missing soul for now ( perhaps untill the bus accident happened) especially when the goblin around, so he couldn't get blamed for that. But he started relationship with Sunny would become a big problem if the authorities find out.

• Like 6