[Drama 2016-2017] Guardian: The Lonely and Great Goblin 도깨비

Go Seung Ji

14 minutes ago, ucylucy said:

Knetizens on PPL in Goblin - comments aren't too bad - mostly complaining about the Toreta drinks. The fact the drama is such a fun and great drama lends a more positive view to the whole PPL in Goblin.

Disruptive product placements on Goblin?

*** edited****
7. [+95, -9] I have yet to see one that's as bizarre as Jin Goo and Kim Ji Won's car PPL in Descendants of the Sun ㅋㅋ I thought that was ridiculous

3. [+172, -10] I'd chose to watch a fun drama with PPL rather than a disgustingly boring makjang drama without any PPL

That car PPL was too bizarre!!! It totally ruined the moment we had been waiting for!! No matter how good Jin Goo- Kim Ji Won were the moment was ruined!! cloud-smiley.gif?1292867571

Wonder if Subway will make an appearance this week? The preview didn't show anything!!! :w00t:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, sparkskey said:

上传图片

Also when Kim Shin released the lantern, the light from the lantern fell on Deokhwa….and a picture of Buddha.

Thank you for sharing this awesome post! And omg this scene is giving me goosebumps!

Edited by Berou
don't quote videos, gifs, pics
  • Like 9

Forgive my off topic post but are heartfelt thoughts...

Related imageRelated imagebeauty_lies_in_the-71671.jpgRelated image

Stopped in to read the latest posts and to be honest I couldn't decide if I should post about this or not mainly because I find it sad that this is even being talked about.  A new year and its seems as if we humans haven't learned a thing about whats important and whats not.  I respect everyone's right to have a voice.  Yet, I find it hard to understand those who are so eager to hurt and judge others in any form.  Beauty?  Really?  What standards are used and what is beauty to you? Instead of breaking down someones human spirit why not spend your time lifting someone up instead.  It reminds me of something my Mother use to say and I am sure some of yours as well.  If you don't have anything nice to say than say nothing for there is beauty in silence...

I honestly can't believe there are those who are looking at this amazing young, talented and beautiful woman who happens to be an actress and a darn good one at that!!!  And can't see everything that I first saw in CITT and am still seeing in the Goblin.  I didn't feel she needed defending because she herself is proof of what beauty really is.  I think the very essence of who she is makes her so relatable to women from all walks of life and all ages.  Not only is she beautiful she has this gift as an actress that allows the viewers to see whats inside her as well.  It's why she was perfect for CITT and why she is even more perfect as the Goblins Bride...

I'm not posting to change anyone's mind because I don't think its possible.  For if you haven't seen or experienced KGE with thoughts of beauty than your not able to see or understand who she really is. And I doubt you ever will... You could say that's the beauty of it.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I feel a bit sorry that you can't see all the beauty there is in KGE...

Thankful to this thread for your patience....

1 hour ago, packmule3 said:

@annchanHi. 

@packmule3 I don't know if you're intended to tag me or someone else. But I think it's me because I always read (and liked) your analysis :w00t:

Actually, I joined soompi after read your analysis, it's hard to find someone who have same idea after watching 1 or 2 episode. Even until last episode when I (still) thought GR is the queen, I got you as my teammate :)

Well I'm really enjoy and always waiting for your next post:wub:

• Like 7

@packmule3 where do you store all those thoughts, infos and insights?
I am always amazed ... know @bebebisous33 for quite a while and know from her that she analyses quite well ... but you are new to me, since this thread and I am love reading both of your posts ... might fail to like sometimes (my cellphone really hates me going on soompi, but most of the times I win) and I know I hardly quote (also due to the fact that I hate shredding your beautiful thoughts to pieces) ... yes I disagree with both of you every now and then (as you might with me, which is just fine and dandy by me), but that won't keep me from enjoying your posts

I love your thoughts on ET and why she is as she is and acts as she does.

Paaaages before I stated that I rather think that ETs soul is brand new than some reincarnation ... thought this morning (as it was morning to me) did @hushhh waver my believe
And YES ... I will keep on refering to that silly hilarious thought as that toppled even the most beautiful synapsis and most secret insight ... what a blast if THAT would make history (I screenshot it for generations to come, but without names, just to be save)

• Like 14

Hello, everyone

May I ask a question? What is the name of the backpack that JET use in the drama? I would love to have one. 

Thanks for your attention.

Btw, I love reading all of your comments, discuss, and analyzes you guys post here. Very interesting. You guys are so incrediable. 

• Like 4

i want to confess ... this bugging me for several days now ... maybe i'm the only who don't like the latest OST "the first snow"... i feel it doesn't fit in the scene .. i still like the SAM KIM "Who are you" especially the intro ha ha ha

not a hater ... "the first snow" and   "hush" when i hear those song in the scene ... i get distracted and sometimes i cringe... i like the lyrics though hayyyy .. 

• Like 3

@packmule3 Thanks for tagging me! Love all the symbolism and deeper meanings behind the actions and behaviours. Again, I would say that Gong Yoo has shown through his progression from Ep 1 to Ep 10, the sight of our gruff, unsentimental Dokkaebi from the beginning to our bashful, shy Dokkaebi today. 

Permit me to quote

Another thing. For me, another difference between the two confessions was desperation. In the first confession, he was resigned. In the second act, however, he was a supplicant. A supplicant and beggar. He felt scared and unworthy  but he was pleading with her. He knew he had no right to ask her, given his history. He knew too that he’d be endangering her by prolonging his life. But he would take any possible excuse given to him, just to be with her. That’s desperation.

I love what you have said here. Actually I had to watch this scene more than once to catch on to what he actually meant during his second confession. 

CfOHvy.gif

It was heartfelt. It was desperation. But, he had not yet made up his mind about trying to open doors which may be a variable which will change their fate. It was the beginning of Dokkaebi at least thinking about living in the moment and not thinking about death. 

• Like 19