[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

21 minutes ago, yusefull said:

But you don't know that what we see isn't a dream. If it's a dream, he could get saved before getting hurt. If she save him, he could decide to go after her more.

no I was talking about him being saved by Jae Chan of the car accident without being harmed but like you said we don't know if he was really stabbed in the preview or was just part of one of their dreams (which I really hope it's a dream and he wasn't really stabbed)!! and about him going after more if she saves him, I think he already really likes her so saving him or not won't change that and I still don't see him of any threat to our OTP's romantic relationship!! he's too cute and I want him to stay that way and maybe find his true love in someone else!! :D 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, nonski said:

Hopefully no one else is gonna have the ability the dream the future.  That would be some kind of complicated complicated!  

The ability portrayed in this drama reminds me of a US series called Flashforward. The story started with everyone on earth losing consciousness for around 3 minutes, during which each person got a brief dream, or a "flashforward", about their future half a year later. The later episodes dealt with the complicated consequences: some people try to change their future since they dreamt of themselves in a bad situation, some people who could not dreamt of anything assumed themselves died with the half-year period and committed suicide since they lost the will to live....yeah well you see how complicated the whole thing is.

VD70569107_w640.jpg

Video: http://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/wyws/clip/50329/22000247680

These few minutes give me chills....the film editing, the ost, the monologue by JC....everything is timed so perfectly!!!! I LOVE how the moment when JC decided not to hide his feelings anymore were intertwined together with the revelation of the new baddie.

• Like 7

Hello everyone :wub:

I'm soooo exciting about this drama :w00t:  Lee JongSuk and Suzy don't disappoint me  :blush:

really love it, love the story, the characters, everything i just LOVE it :wub::wub:

It's interesting and wonderful drama :D I have a feeling it will be an amazing and a great drama:wink::wub:

about the preview I hope there is no dead :( I don't want any of character die :cry:

beacuse in the preview Han WooTak got hurt, the police man :bawling: not the bad lawyer :angry:

fyIPQvZ.png

I hope it will be just a dream and they will save him :confounded:

Thank you so much for recaps, translate, update, photos,.. etc really thank you to all of you :wub::D

I hope this drama will be DAEBAK!!!!!

• Like 11

That chicken owner creeped me out, so he killed his own brother for insurance or something? And I fell for his tricks when he was feeding the cats, but with gloves! He was poisoning them, maybe he even poisoned his little brother. Ugh, chills. 

And he could have ended with two dead youger siblings if Hong-joo didn't save the cafe girl, but is she safe with someone like him? Ugh, chills again.

About Woo-tak's theory I'm glad finally we know why they have the dreams even and wy they can differ from one another, but why is Hong-joo the first one? How that happened? I'm waiting for more on this theory and for JC to discover the one that saved him wasn't a boy.

I'm glad HJ is back at work and that JC is taking her hand. He's the best boyfriend even when he still doesn't know.

Save Woo-tak!

• Like 9

Hongjoo's epic hair flip when she told off Jaechan's work colleagues was made of so much win HA:lol: Wootak's theory is interesting, the reason why all three have such interconnecting dreams is because they all saved each other's lives...should I save a hottie so I can have dreams of him too LMFAo!??!:w00t::tongue: Aigoo~ Jaechan-shi, that chestnut kid you're talking about WAS Hongjoo!:rolleyes:

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

OMG that chef!!! SO CREEPY!!!

But I love the actor that plays him though :lol: He's usually the funny guy in the other dramas he's been in...Oh My Ghostess, WFKBJ and Tunnel!!!! He was HILARIOUS in those dramas but it's quite refreshing to see him in this role...but still freaky!

• Like 9

Finished the episode :) Here are my thoughts:

• The OST is really amazing so far. The song with the male voice during the middle of the drama was amazing. So far it's one of the few dramas who are able to satisfy me with two amazing OSTs :D 
  • I like the hidden hero role that WT had. I still hope that we won't get an unnecessary love triangle, I like his role as silent protector and close friend.
  • HJ defending JC was funny at the restaurant. She really nailed it. 
  • I like how we see his affection towards her at these early stages of the drama. His body language tells me more than thousand words. His behavior around her doesn't leave any room for assumptions. As a guy I can see that he doesn't even try to deny his feelings.
  • The poor cats :( Such a cruel scene.
  • I somehow have the feeling Ms.Shin will become jealous.
  • So JC has to introduce one of his seniors to a girl, I wonder whom he choses to set up him with.
  • Assistant Moon is such a cutie, I don't know if it's because of the glasses, but I think she's cute. :D 

is viki the fastest place for subs? 

2 hours ago, R89CuteSmile said:

Hello everyone :wub:

I'm soooo exciting about this drama :w00t:  Lee JongSuk and Suzy don't disappoint me  :blush:

really love it, love the story, the characters, everything i just LOVE it :wub::wub:

It's interesting and wonderful drama :D I have a feeling it will be an amazing and a great drama:wink::wub:

about the preview I hope there is no dead :( I don't want any of character die :cry:

beacuse in the preview Han WooTak got hurt, the police man :bawling: not the bad lawyer :angry:

I hope it will be just a dream and they will save him :confounded:

Thank you so much for recaps, translate, update, photos,.. etc really thank you to all of you :wub::D

I hope this drama will be DAEBAK!!!!!

omg my bae best not get hurt for real :(

4 hours ago, yusefull said:

Will bad guy lawyer will get dream too ? If the theory about being saved by someon make you dream of that person is true, since the preview show us him getting hurt badly, he could get dream too. Maybe about her and used it to try to get closer to her again.

eh please no i dont want everyone getting dreams ;p 

• Like 8

What worries me the most After they change the future someone else get hurt....or may be not I'm confused. The girl she saved experience the burning sensation because of her future change...but suddenly someone related to her died. The psycho chicken guy suspected by MR.choi also in lab.

Logic by WT behind dream seems right to me....because they face the death but saved by someone and they know who save them that's why dreaming....and this process not continue because the girl saved by HJ don't face death before that happen HJ saved her....but she doesn't know real fact so no dreaming sequence continue. In preview why WT hurt....I hope JC or HJ save him.

That tie scene was so cute......But But....most funny scene.....when JC thinking about kissing......specially with Bg music.....lol:joy:

• Like 7

WYWS ratings AGB Nilsen

National RATINGS

Ep 09: 8.1% (- 0.8)

Ep 10: 9.4% (+ 1.3)

Seoul RATINGS 

Ep 09: 10.0%

Ep 10: 11.5% (+ 1.5)

yay! still #1! Congrats WYWS! Thanks to this cute and funny ending scene :D 

caps from episode 9-10  last night

86708234.2.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20171012/86708235/2

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

53 minutes ago, saanjh sena said:

What worries me the most After they change the future someone else get hurt....or may be not I'm confused. The girl she saved experience the burning sensation because of her future change...but suddenly someone related to her died. The psycho chicken guy suspected by MR.choi also in lab.

Logic by WT behind dream seems right to me....because they face the death but saved by someone and they know who save them that's why dreaming....and this process not continue because the girl saved by HJ don't face death before that happen HJ saved her....but she doesn't know real fact so no dreaming sequence continue. In preview why WT hurt....I hope JC or HJ save him.

That tie scene was so cute......But But....most funny scene.....when JC thinking about kissing......specially with Bg music.....lol:joy:

Cho Hee would have died anyway. The only difference is that JC was not present because he was rescuing HJ. On the other hand, if the girl had been hurt, I guess, the culprit couldn't have the deceased cremated so soon. Since the girl was present with the brother, the latter could make sure that the deceased didn't get an autopsy. Two relatives present gives more weight to the request. Besides I believe that JC would have listened to the inspector who found it weird that the body didn't bleed so much hence JC would have asked for an autopsy. As a result, the culprit would have been caught with a solid evidence. Right now, the prosecution office has nothing. That's why it will be more difficult to prove his culpability. NHJ's intervention prevented an accident but she also helped the culprit to get away. However, NHJ noticed two things related to that terrible chef: the missing pieces of the chicken and she witnessed how the chef gave food to the cats. JC will be able to connect the dots but the problem will be the evidence.

@triplem I have just finished watching the episode. Now, I can answer to your observations. This time, each person (HJ, JC and HWT) had a different sequence of the dream. If you think about it, HJ's dream was the first timeline... she saw the girl burning. JC saw her rescuing the girl and for her action, she got assaulted hence JC knew that he had to help her (so he dreamt that HJ had intervened so that HJ's dream didn't come true). But HWT had the third timeline: he saw JC's intervention but the latter got hurt by helping NHJ hence our "Robin" had to intervene. As we can see, HWT did also change the future in the end thanks to his intervention. But if we look back, in the earlier episode, they didn't have the same dream. HWT saw NHJ being hurt and JC had no idea about it. Besides, when SW was involved in the domestical abuse case, HWT had a similar dream to JC's dream. But I guess, this comes from the fact that back then JC had first decided not to believe NHJ in the first place hence he had planned not to intervene. That's why NHJ couldn't prevent the event as she didn't know who it was. From my point of view, NHJ has changed thanks to JC's appearance. He is the one with HWT's help who proved her that the future can be changed. Before she felt helpless and never really tried very hard... JC showed her that it was possible. Hence I believe that in her premonition NHJ will always have the first timeline. But after that, I think that it will depend on the person who intervenes: if she tries to stop it, then JC and HWT will also dream about the consequences of her meddling. But if JC or HWT decides to prevent the bad event, NHJ and the other might have a premonition of the consequences of the respective intervention each time. That's why I said that they will be able to protect each other.     

@vangsweetie637 @sakura2016 @carolinedl @Visually-wandering 

• Like 14

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "While You Were Sleeping - 2017" Episodes 5-6

photo898072.jpg

Now that the last major crisis has passed, Hong-joo comes off as kind of creepy. In the absence of genuine threats, she just harasses the guy at the chicken restaurant and pre-stalks Jae-chan at work. While this behavior can sometimes be cute, what we're left with is the impression that Hong-joo really needs a hobby. Or even better, a job that makes relevant use of her inherent nosiness. Cue backstory, where it's finally explained what Hong-joo's previous profession was, and why she quit.

In short, the Hong-joo we see now is really her original form- confident and peppy. She just never came off like that before because until Jae-chan proved that sufficiently extreme behavior could alter her disastrous predictions, Hong-joo just lived in fear and tried to hold back. Aggressive Hong-joo is heroic, but frightening, mainly in the sense that we're left worrying about the danger she puts herself in, thinking only about how to save lives rather than actually explain herself.

The unfortunate effect of this is that Hong-joo kind of comes off like a damsel in distress, even if she is by far the most proactive of the three precognitive characters. Problematic tropes notwithstanding, we do see more of a method to the madness. The predictions work in cycles- different characters receive different visions based on changes in behavior prompted by previous visions. It is only because Hong-joo takes initiative that there are conflicting visions at all.

read full article >> http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-while-you-were-sleeping--2017-episodes-5-6-110962.html

"While You Were Sleeping - 2017" Lee Jong-suk avoids Suzy after the cherry blossom kiss

photo898064.jpg

On the latest episodes of the SBS drama "While You Were Sleeping - 2017", Jeong Jae-chan (Lee Jong-suk) avoided Nam Hong-joo (Suzy).

Jae-chan dreamt of kissing Hong-joo in his dreams and became uneasy. He felt something for her, but didn't want to get involved. He tried to avoid her by arriving at work early, but Hong-joo was waiting for him.

In the end, Jae-chan couldn't ignore Hong-joo who was searching for him in a café. Hong-joo talked to him about what was on her mind.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-while-you-were-sleeping--2017-lee-jong-suk-avoids-suzy-after-the-cherry-blossom-kiss-110959.html

Edited by ilwoo_aein
adding article
  • Like 9

@bebebisous33 Salut!! :) So if I understood you correctly, because they are all together now, and because HJ now knows she can change the future, the three of them have similar "powers" so to speak and are connected in terms of sequence of dreaming?

I am still a bit doubtfull about WT's explanation of why they are having those dreams... Ok, let's say they are because they are thankful for having been saved, then wouldn't there be more dreamers? I mean CH was saved from burning, if she saw HJ was the one, then does that mean she will have dreams too? Or not, if she does not put two and two together? I dunno... Then why introduce the deaths of the fathers? Or perhaps because that is where HJ and JC first met (at the funeral) and then she saved him?... So he knew who she was, was able to be thankful? Then why didn't he have dreams for so long? Are drams only occuring when they are together? But then WT had dreams after not having seen JC having being saved! I am a bit confused and also, I must say, a bit annoyed that they seem to have given out the answer so quickly.

Ok, I dislike the chicken creepy guy a lot. But it introduces some interesting points as to the consequences of intervention. I am looking forward to having our trio grapple with this side of the dreaming and changing the future.

• Like 10