[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Episode 8 of drama 'W'unfortunately pushed back until next week

By yckim124

misc

This Thursday's episode of MBC drama 'W' will unfortunately, not be airing. 

MBC announced the news on August 11, stating, "'W' will not be airing due to tonight's broadcast schedules for popular Olympic sports such as badminton, women's archery, women's fencing, and more." MBC's recent announcement contrasts the decision made for the airing on August 10; regardless, we'll just have to wait one more week to catch episode 8. 

So make sure to tune in to 'Olympic Games 2016 Rio' instead!

www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/episode-8-of-drama-wunfortunately-pushed-back-until-next-week

• Like 8

Seems hate is on everyone page...not only mine ...

MBC cancels Ep 8 of 'W' to broadcast the Olympics

201608110844773537_57abc020bd371_99_20160811101005.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-10%2Bat%2B11.35.46%2BPM.png

Osen- Naver: 'W' to be cancelled after all.. won't be aired without context 

1. [+6,072, -819] Don't do this to us ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+4,450, -661] No ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why do I have to wait another week?

3. [+3,987, -610] Wth ㅠㅠ No ㅠㅠ Kang Chul-ah~~ㅠㅠ

4. [+4,592, -892] Huh? Cancelled? Are you kidding? The 3 networks will end up airing the same broadcast

5. [+2,703, -343] Really?ㅠㅠ Then, move it to a different time slot and air it tonight ㅠ

6. [+844, -125] Other networks are already doing Olympics broadcast ㅜㅜ Why postpone a popular drama? Before, networks used to air back to back episodes of their dramas.. This seems unprofessional

7. [+401, -64] Cancellation with no context

8. [+422, -87] There is no way I'm waiting until Wednesday for the next episode ㅠㅠ

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/mbc-cancels-ep-8-of-w-to-broadcast.html

• Like 20

another article about episode 8 postponement..I still can't believe it..MBC please~~ :tears:

Episode 8 For “W” To Be Postponed For Rio Olympic Games

Episode 8 For “W” To Be Postponed For Rio Olympic Games

MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “W” has been confirmed for postponement.

On August 11, MBC officially stated, “Today’s broadcast schedule is women’s archery with North Korea vs. South Korea as well as a fencing team event. Therefore, ‘W’ is planned for postponement.”

Previously, the broadcast network planned to postpone “W” for the entire week, but after a heated response from viewers, they decided to resume their normal broadcast schedule for episode seven. Despite the Olympic games, the drama received 13.8 percent ratings, which is a 1.6 percent boost from episode six. “Uncontrollably Fond” also chose to air its regular broadcast schedule, and received 7.9 percent ratings, a 0.2 percent ratings boost from the previous episode.

source: soompi

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

I'm going to try thinking positively, if MBC cancel W tonight then it will be 2 most likely possibility :

1. they will air double episode next wednesday (8 and 9 episode)

2. We will have extra episode of W

@Yippeuni

Actually, the most likely possibility is that next week they only air one episode again, which will even out the count. :(

Even if they end up with an uneven remaining episode count after next week, TV stations will (almost) never air 3 episodes midway through a drama's run. They might air 3 episodes in the final week, if they're really constrained to go off air so that another drama might premiere on time (like SBS is bound with the premiere for "Moon Lovers" because of the scheduled simultaneous broadcast in S.Korea and China, or like KBS was with "Uncontrollably Fond" for the same reason)--but that's not the case with MBC at all right now, as far as I know. 

So most likely, MBC might try to negotiate for a 1-episode extension (unlikely to be granted because of how far ahead with filming "W" already is) or a special episode (i.e. BTS, interviews with the cast etc.).

To conclude, the possibilities are (starting from the most likely):

1. airing of only 1 episode of "W" next week (bc. of Olympics)

2. airing of 1 drama special (BTS, interviews,...) after the last episode of "W"

3. airing of 3 episodes of "W" in the final week

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

[Spoilers] Uncontrollably Fond + W

Osen - Naver: 'W' Han Hyo Joo is the unidentified killer's new target... Lee Jong Suk 'shock' 

1. [+8,179, -68] "It's that woman's turn this time".... Goosebumps;;;;;Who exactly is the killer?

2. [+5,540, -66] "It's only over when we fight to the end"...

3. [+5,252, -76] So who is this killer? ㅠㅠMajor goosebumps

4. [+4,603, -115] The chief director is suspicious. He keeps asking so many things
[...]

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/spoilers-uncontrollably-fond-w.html

The father's friend as the culprit? I never thought about it before, but that would be a terrific, unexpected twist. Ta-daaam!!! And his awareness was triggered as well, when KC told him about their world being fake. And then he lied about not remembering the conversation with KC.

Point is: can we be really sure that he stayed frozen during KC's absence from the webtoon?

• Like 7

I´m so late with my comment this time - but sorry - I had a headache yesterday - so I had to go to bed early - I was not even able to watch W in the Night with subs - so I just took medication this Morning. I´m very proud about my Girl who managed to make herself and her Brother ready for school nearly without my help. Now I feel a bit better and of course first I had to watch W with subs.

I´m pretty sure everything is already said - so - mian - I will repeat it as I guess.

This was so far for me the best Episode from W and that means a lot.

I wish to see what she finaly draw to get back in the Story. And how long it takes her. She really worked hard to save him.

But I understand his Frustation very well too - and I love it that he told her so clearly how he saw it. But for my ears it sounded liked he asked her somehow desperate to give him another reason - like he wanted to hear that he was wrong and he did not misundertood her in the first time. Just to play with him... she sufferd a lot before in his World and she came back. Maybe because she open with - you can free me - he really must believe for a little time that for her it must look easy. Like - hey you are the Maincharacter - you can do it. But she don´t see him as a MainCharacter - she only sees him as Kang Chul - and nothing can prove that more - than to fall in love with him.

I was wondering before - from the Preview - will she not vanish anymore - because when she said I love you the third time - she should vanish - but she is still in W World. Yes - I got tricked - great work W Team.

And I admit - I was stupid. I always believed it was her deepest wish to see him - what brought her back to the W World. But I love how she told him now that it is his Wish to see her. I love it for two reasons. If it is because she is his creator or just because that Key Feeling - his Wish to see her was already so deep and he is not the powerless Person who can played with.

I still waits if the Writer will show us later how it was possible to travel in his World again and again - if there is more behind it. But even like that - I can happily live with it.

So Kang Chul was YJ Ideal Man. :wub:

But was it only KC she created. When we look back on the first Scene in which we saw the Kid drawing. There where not only KC but other Characters too. What had her Father done. Was he unable to come around with an own Idea so he used all those little or bigger Fantasys from his Daughter and mixed them up?

Was YJ always interested in shooting or why did she draw the first KC Version in her earlier years with a Gun - but only later after the TV Scene with her Friends she really worked on her ideal Type of Man. But KC must stayed in her mind for a very long time. Because even he changed - sure she got older - he is still the KC she draw back than.

But that was the one Information YJ did not shared with Kang Chul. When he told her that he was a creation from the tip of an alcoholic.... she could told him - that actually he was created by her. But would it help to know that. Or would it make the scene just more strange for him. So it was maybe good to leave that out. It is not that importend anyway - the only importend Point was - that YJ loves Kang Chul for real.

And I loved to see her vanish. Even when he managed to look at her like nothing happen - and we all now - he did not - there can´t be a bigger prove to YJ that she moved his Heart for real.

- Just on a littel Sidenote - I´m happy that the Writer let her stay in the W World when they Kiss - even it is not logical for me. :D  I was so often angry with a Drama - showing the Kiss only at the end of an Episode as an Impact makes it always like we never could see the real thing. :D But gladly W World follows not KDrama Logic but Comic Logic - and right - the Kiss is not that often as a last Scene in there. BIG SMILE on my Side!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So, if HJ travels from webtoon to real world, the clothes she is wearing remain..

But if she travels from real world to W- clothes change automatically :P .. the jail break scene

@enigmatic_zephy

I noticed that too. Basically, I think that the webtoon intervenes (only) when it is necessary for the scene. In that case, YJ needed to appear dressed in the prison outfit because she was a prisoner at the detention center.

In other cases, I think she'll just be allowed to keep wearing in the webtoon whatever she was wearing in the real world (like the time she didn't come back in just the dress that KC had bought her, but also wearing her own sweater that she'd added because it was cold/raining in the real world.)

• Like 6

Finally watch the subbed episode and it was killing me,, gaahdd this drama is really good,,, just a pity that we will not have episode 8 tonight:bawling::bawling::bawling: but still grateful that we have one this week than nothing. So glad that the ratings went up hopefully more higher as the drama progress. Because of W i was able to watch Nine, since they have the same writer i just wish we have a happy ending unlike Nine being open ended. I hope Yeon Joo wishes will come true of having KC a happy ending. 

• Like 7

I guess whe all know that Kang Chul will arrive in the Moment YJ took out his Underwear - or not. I was like - Girl are you stupid - turn araound - he will be there for sure. And I loved what he said. YES - please - go for 4!!! I soooo wish to see a bit more of that stuff too. I´m nasty - I know - but those two just act so natural together - I can ask for a bit skinship too or not. I need to find a gif later from the Scene he suggested Version 4. I´m sure it is here - but I have to backread a lot Pages and my Head is still not that ready to take it all. Still I have to share my thoughts.

So what is on the Table now about the Ghost... Right now I see him like a Manifestion from the real thing - related to the Tablet.

What I really wish to know now is if I was right and SM was drunk when he wrote the Family Murder Scene? I was a bit dissapointed how a writer could not put a Story behind something big like that just to create a tragic Hero. So I said it before - what if the MurderScene was not made up by him - but he think he did it.

When the System itself waits for the big Showdown - so why was the Ghost the last time in the Penthouse. Just to remind KC that he should not loose his paying Attention on the evil Enemy - just to threat him. If he really wanted a Showdown in that Moment Ghos would not leave like that.

On the Roof too - the Ghost did not kill KC - he just left him injured - to increase his Hate maybe. But SM came and he nearly killed KC for real.

I most of all waited for the subs to find out waht was written in the Air in the last Scenes - what was spoken on the Phone.

I can only say - I found a new Hero in my Life. I never had someone I really admires - but right now - Song Jae Jung makes me speechless.

My Mind is busy just with this Part. Can it be that those  unknown Evil needs KCs to suffer and hate to become stronger on the other Side - like a Mirror Effect. Can it be that the Evil can vanish too like the former female Lead - when nooone pays Attention anymore. So the Evil needs KC to go after it. It needs KC to hunt it and name it. And it needs KC to stay alive.

Was it the evil who changed the Bridge Scene and somehow gave him the reason for his Life - revange. Maybe the evil wanted to wake up this wish before but with SM Character he did not made KC fight back - but run away. So it was really SM who made KC suffer for one year longer - hiding in the Room and beeing all alone...

• Like 4

... I did not know that I can quote myself...

Mian - wrong Button - I wanted to edit - ooopps....

Anyway - we have two more Persons now in W Wors who are aware that something very stange is going on. DY and the Uncle.

To rescue HS now it needs to give her a new Role as I guess. She was named in the Book as female Lead. I did not know about that before - but so she was created to be the Woman in KCs Life. She somehow lost her reason to be there - but I hope that was not the reason for her to vanish. I believe it was her wish to go. She was never able to move KCs Heart.

• Like 4

@ kira

The Hooded Man? Who F is he? - If we/ I were to have an educated guess, I think the much closer and plausible truth will be- is that he is Kang Chul's alternate ego who the creator Oh Sung Moo created w/o him realizing it. Since we all know that he didn't have a specific person in mind to be the culprit it's much possible that this theory would be true, since both of them could cross over to the real world. Bet it'll only be revealed and stopped by OJY's character.

I like your thery on the Hooded Man my thoughts run along that line but in my thinking, I'm theorizing that it's not the father's creation or alter ego but it's  Oh Yeon Joo's creation.

1.  From what we have seen in ep. 7 her drawing and her dad's of W are not alike, he took the concept from her but he made it his own in spinning the story  and character 
  2.  I also think YJ "ideal type" name was left out for a reason. Be it if YJ named him or her dad, the story and character had changed creator and seeing that they have a life of their own one would assume that the original ( YJ creation) rebelled against being replaced  (watching a life  supposedly mapped out for you but being lived by another would make anyone angry/vengeful). 
  3.  The Hooded Man telling W that he is a great shooter like him  is also a clue (I would not be surprised if the HM had KS face).
  4.  Or in conjunction with kira,  HM is a combination/creation of both father and daughter one needing a killer ( but never mapping out the parameter for sed killer) giving YJ original KS ( possible feeling abandoned/betrayed by YJ or enraged at the father for taking him) the opportunity to exact revenge for the life/plot, that was stolen from him. 

If all else fails's I could see  the lawyer as the Hooded Man, he looks capable of killing (he has shown he is capable of physical voilance towards a teenager)  and using the opportunity to gain political clout by arresting and convicting a national Olympic hero.

P.S. Thanks to all members and fans of W-Two Worlds love all the pics, live updates, recaps, vids, comments and theories you guys keep me sain on Wednsday & Thursday and the days in between. Have a happy whatever time it is where ever u are. 

• Like 11

I just knew it! Actually it didn't come as a surprise for me this time. Starting from yesterday evening. I knew they won't broadcast 8 today. Just had this gut feeling after putting two and two together. Seriously for MBC giving us two episodes it's a fit of unimaginable generosity. *sigh*

More so I'm sure it was planned in advance and BMC just liked playing with our feelings to raise anticipation and ratings.
As I've said before I was worried about the odd number of episodes if they cancel the broadcast. But now I realize that the original plan was to air one episode per week during the Olympics. And the problem with episodes count is solved.
So I expect next week MBC pulling the same trick with us. 'Cause if we don't have any W next week I will seriously consider dropping the show till it airs completely.
This being said, I'm grateful we've got at least one episode to tie us over but I still HATE the Olympics. 

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Adnana said:

@Yippeuni

Actually, the most likely possibility is that next week they only air one episode again, which will even out the count. :(

Even if they end up with an uneven remaining episode count after next week, TV stations will (almost) never air 3 episodes midway through a drama's run. They might air 3 episodes in the final week, if they're really constrained to go off air so that another drama might premiere on time (like SBS is bound with the premiere for "Moon Lovers" because of the scheduled simultaneous broadcast in S.Korea and China, or like KBS was with "Uncontrollably Fond" for the same reason)--but that's not the case with MBC at all right now, as far as I know. 

So most likely, MBC might try to negotiate for a 1-episode extension (unlikely to be granted because of how far ahead with filming "W" already is) or a special episode (i.e. BTS, interviews with the cast etc.).

To conclude, the possibilities are (starting from the most likely):

1. airing of only 1 episode of "W" next week (bc. of Olympics)

2. airing of 1 drama special (BTS, interviews,...) after the last episode of "W"

3. airing of 3 episodes of "W" in the final week

as KC said,......

"Please draw a scene where I wake up from a dream...." 

This canceling and those possibility only a dream

tumblr_n0pefhIpss1swyb6ao1_500.gif

• Like 5

Actor Lee Jong-suk’s ‘W’ fashion turns heads

Updated : August 11 2016 

tumblr_inline_obqk7qUUDp1sp3v51_540.png

MBC’s drama “W” has been the talk of the town lately, and its lead actor Lee Jong-suk’s wardrobe has also been turning heads. 

Throughout the series so far, he has shown two distinct looks. 

When he is in the webtoon world, Lee sports vivid bluish suits and print shirts, giving off an otherworldly vibe. 

Outside of the webtoon universe, his outfits are more toned down and modest such as black suits, casual shirts and jeans. 

Regardless of what he wears, the long-limbed and broad-shouldered Lee, who started his career as a model, has added fashion appeal to “W.” 

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com) 

Article: KpopHerald

• Like 12

Forgot something about the Dark Ghost!

The reason he was in the real World before was not to hunt YJ - he was at the Bridge as I believe because he can´t allow KC to die. But it seems like he has not the control he has in W World in the real World. So only there KC could jump and end his Life - or better said - stopp his life.

Poop KC - finaly he starts to be happy - to open his Heart. And the Moment he starts to love - he must fear to loose her on the most terrible way. That Thread is real evil. I don´t think a Bullet can stop the Ghost.

• Like 9