[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Lee Jong Suk, Han Hyo Joo drama ‘W’ identified as most talked about TV program in Korea

Robie Ferrer | Aug 10, 2016 10:36 AM EDT

Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo stars in the MBC drama 'W.'

The unique and compelling storyline of the MBC Korean drama "W" that stars Lee Jong Suk and Han Hyo Joo continue to attract many fans. A data analytics company has recently named the said drama as the TV program that has gained the attention of netizens.

The drama "W" has been ranked by GoodData Corporation as the most talked about TV program for the period covering the first week of August. The announcement was made by the said analytics company on Monday, Aug. 8, Kpop Herald reported. The MBC series has garnered close to 26,000 points, as compared to other Korean TV shows.

It has also been ranked as the top drama among several Korean series for three consecutive weeks. "W" has achieved a viewership share of 18.1 percent, as indicated in the same report. Meanwhile, other shows that made it to GoodData's list include the SBS drama "Doctors" that airs every Monday and Tuesday. The said drama landed at the second spot, while the MBC variety show "Infinite Challenge" nabbed the third place.

To come up with the list, GoodData measured the number of social media and video hits recorded for various Korean TV programs during the first week of August. The data analytics firm has also made an analysis of all the netizen comments, blogs, online reports and online community activities that mentioned Korean TV shows.

The popularity of "W" continue to rise given its storyline that revolves around the real world, as well as the world inside a webtoon. Lee portrays Kang Chul, a cartoon character created by Han's character's father. However, Han's On Yeon Joo suddenly found herself inside the cartoon world after her father tried to end Kang's life in the webtoon.

Apart from the suspense-filled plot, the MBC drama also features a love line between Lee and Han's characters. The latest photo stills released for "W" has shown the two characters enjoying a date in the park, Soompi reported. Both Korean stars have been photographed wearing matching pink colored shirts, riding a couple bicycle and enjoying ice cream.
"W" airs every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/150091/20160810/lee-jong-suk-han-hyo-joo-w-korean-drama.htm#ixzz4GyuezZ4a

• Like 12

So our speculations were true after all, YJ who is the original author can now manipulate some parts of the webtoon. I guess most or some of us can relate on things like this. For writers or manga/manhwa artist, sometimes it's not impossible to fall in love with your creation. I started writing when I was in my elementary years, and I look back at my work, there is always a piece of your character that resembles yourself and your ideal person, may he/she be real or not. This is how YJ feels, that's why she loves him deeply. And for her not being able to properly finish her story (since her dad kinda took over) she is inclined or probably drawn to the fact she wants a happy ending. Don't we all? I even feel so sad if I kill off a favorite character whenever I write. So this is what's going on right now. But enter KC whose feelings are also as powerful as YJ since he too can somehow pull her back to his world. So this is not only YJ doing, but his as well. 

And that kiss scene, the bomb! I don't mind having one in every episode. :blush:

• Like 7

Good morning everyone! The rating went up! Such a good news to hear in the morning :D MBC now you see that your decision to broadcast "W" last night is not a mistake. "W" gained high rating! So, let us watch episode 8 tonight. I believe that many viewers out there also have the same wish as me. Please don't disappoint us. B)

Jongsuk in black suit. Cool and handsome. He looks good in any kind of outfits. My kang Chul~ :wub:

Cpif_RtUEAA6L3t.jpg

• Like 13

Watching ep 7 now and just thinking about how YJ pretty much created her ideal type from scratch and he came to life is creepily funny hahahahhahaha

Ahh Yeon Joo...she looks so delighted that she has some form of control now over the W world HAHAHAH but KC doesn't look as happy

The actress who played the younger version of YJ did a really good job for the short time she was on screen!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

10 SIGNS YOU ARE NOT OKAY AFTER WATCHING THE KISS SCENE!

1) Immediately ur stomach feels hollow as if something is about to explode

2) Your notice you haven't taken a breath for a minute

3) Your mouth is dry like the Sahara Desert. (Which is the hottest/dryest desert in the world)

4) You notice your mouth has been open for the entire scene

5) You've never heard of blinking in your life

6) Your Heart Beat is racing a 1000 times a minute

7) Your whole body feels numb

8) You smile at the exact moment they do

9) You have the infamous perve face of all time

10) You immediately repeat the scene as if your life depended on it.

*IF YOU EXPERIENCED 7 OUT 10 OF THESE SYMPTOMS YOU ARE RIGHT WHERE I AM......... WHICH IS DOING EVERY CHANT  KNOWN TO MAN SO THAT EPISODE 8 WILL AIR! W FIGHTING!!!!

LOLOLOLOL YES!!!! I about lost it w/the prison kiss

29eUiHh.png?1

When she stood up and threw her handcuffed arms around his neck to kiss him t4524.gif happy-onion-head-emoticon.gift4524.gif I just became giggy

The preview did not make me happy but.....I don't care about it right now, This episode was just heaven 

hUccjbT.png?2

angel2-onion-head-emoticon.gif angel1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 13

Well folks seems like tonyt is for marathoning earloer episodes or for those who havnt watch subbed ep 7.

Cause mbc will air Archery event instead

Screenshot_2016-08-11-09-31-55.png

And archery is a national pride. Women archers usually bags gold evy olympics.

The timeslot of W both archery and badminton is in action

Screenshot_2016-08-11-09-28-40.png

The truth is i dont have much faith that we will have any episodes next week, again it will depend on korean contingent competing next week. But as the closing ceremony is on 22nd. Next week theres still lots of ongoing olympic events and medals up for grabs. Sucks that it interfere with W 's momentum

• Like 7

But but but but they can still air it because W typically starts at 22:00 KST. and no offence I'm not a big fan of watching fencing....Can't they just? tell me my logic is right? yes team? For the love of........ no I have so many feelings right now. I maybe in outright denial but I am just gonna wait a teensy bit longer..... until I get some hard proof in front of my eyes! Does that sound fair.

MBC oh I wish you had live chat right now I swear...... 

I need to see my ice-cream date, I need to know whether our OTP is faking that they are separating, I hate to say this but I need to see "Who shall not be named" .......I just need so many things right now.

See I literally.........

ill check back later i got to go think about things :tears: 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Onur_dem said:

Ep. 8 is still faaaaar in the evening.

I'm worry and feeling uncomfortable already after watching the preview. 

Possibly devastating ep? :dissapointed_relieved:

8 minutes ago, sharreb said:

Well folks seems like tonyt is for marathoning earloer episodes or for those who havnt watch subbed ep 7.

Cause mbc will air Archery event instead

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't hang me like this after showing the cliffhanger and THAT scary preview???

6 days till another W[ednes]day :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 3

So it's confirmed that episode 8 will not be airing tonight..Ottoke? :tears:

Episode 8 of drama 'W'unfortunately pushed back until next week

misc

This Thursday's episode of MBC drama 'W' will unfortunately, not be airing. 

MBC announced the news on August 11, stating, "'W' will not be airing due to tonight's broadcast schedules for popular Olympic sports such as badminton, women's archery, women's fencing, and more." MBC's recent announcement contrasts the decision made for the airing on August 10; regardless, we'll just have to wait one more week to catch episode 8. 

So make sure to tune in to 'Olympic Games 2016 Rio' instead!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/episode-8-of-drama-wunfortunately-pushed-back-until-next-week

• Like 7