[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

actually this this scene my mind was a bit blank and i couldn't believe this happen well it is touching scene just wasn't ready for kekekekekekeke or is "because I LOVE YOU"image.gif

w07-00605.jpgw07-00608.jpgw07-00763.jpgw07-00786.jpg

image.gifthat was great kiss  this couple does not fail to impress me i love the idea that KC decide to live even if it hurt to take new direction of his life OYJ thank for bringing this handsome amazing man to life image.gifimage.gif

w07-01339.jpgw07-01371.jpgw07-01441.jpg

if they had another kiss i would have fainted on my computer LOL121.gif111.gif sweetness level 1000% 

• Like 19

grin-fest

PS: if you are in a country where youtube blocks this, here's an alternative link: http://dai.ly/x4o9ozg

PPS:

thoughts on the more serious side of ep.7

It's interesting how similar the two of them are. The scene in the prison bus when she puts this extra-cheerful front to compensate for the sadness and desperation she knows he is feeling... He does the same - smiling when his heart is in torment. Also behind the glibness the subtext is so supportive - however you came to be, we can decide on the future together ( meaning a. you are free to chose what you become and b. I am here for you) no matter how he choses to misconstrue it.

The following morning when he asked her what right she had to decide whether he lives or dies... there is a dissonance between what he says and how he feels (based on how he looks at her). When she finally relents to say that "Yes I can see that saving you was my mistake" you can see for a second the mask slipping through - he looks so despondent. Because what he really wanted to hear was that there is a reason to continue living. The Because I love you... following hits him at his most vulnerable. More so because this time he knows she really means it.

His indirect confession aka "stop doing swoony things because my heart is weak right now and you'll be sent away" is extra cute.

I just want them happily dating for all eternity (wouldn't be much of a drama but they kind of deserve it...).

PPPS: Yay! S.Korea actually got a gold medal in shooting :)

• Like 24

1 hour ago, ilwoo_aein said:

another article about episode 8 postponement..I still can't believe it..MBC please~~ :tears:

Episode 8 For “W” To Be Postponed For Rio Olympic Games

MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “W” has been confirmed for postponement.

On August 11, MBC officially stated, “Today’s broadcast schedule is women’s archery with North Korea vs. South Korea as well as a fencing team event. Therefore, ‘W’ is planned for postponement.”

Previously, the broadcast network planned to postpone “W” for the entire week, but after a heated response from viewers, they decided to resume their normal broadcast schedule for episode seven. Despite the Olympic games, the drama received 13.8 percent ratings, which is a 1.6 percent boost from episode six. “Uncontrollably Fond” also chose to air its regular broadcast schedule, and received 7.9 percent ratings, a 0.2 percent ratings boost from the previous episode.

source: soompi

I'm SO HAPPY W gained more ratings than the last week! Yeah, bed scenes sure do that to dramas. But I must admit as much a I was salivating over our OTP's sweet moments. I was equally touched by the first two scene's in prison bus and jail. The heartwrenching dialogues between our leads were exactly what i was hoping for. Also the scene with KC's comparison/realization of the whole *fiction* concept of his World totally broke my heart. That scene was very strong especially taking into consideration that it was mute.

LJS is one of the very best when it comes to expressing his emotions through the eyes!
But I'm getting off track here.

I'm sure part of the reason W gained more ratings is due to MBC's craftily *matchmaking* the schedule. They warmed up audience to the point of mental breakdown.

But why everytime I read articles concerning W schedule it feels like MBC had made us a favor by airing the7th. They sure like to underline who it's the audience heated response that made it possible. While I feel like it was a very smart canculation on MBC's part.

Anyway, as long as we have at least ONE episode next week, I would be totally happy with MBC's cunningness.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Adnana said:

The father's friend as the culprit? I never thought about it before, but that would be a terrific, unexpected twist. Ta-daaam!!! And his awareness was triggered as well, when KC told him about their world being fake. And then he lied about not remembering the conversation with KC.

Point is: can we be really sure that he stayed frozen during KC's absence from the webtoon?

Ah I would be really thankful if he is the culprit. I mean, I would rather him to be the culprit than some-faceless-text-killer keep endangering chul and yeonjoo's lives. Sure the blow would be huge for kangchul but that's better than keep chasing unknown man, right?

• Like 6

what it cant be happening YSH is fading but why will she be imported to the real world or what could it be 102.gifw07-01699.jpg

or if KC find and know who is a killer everything will be back to normal and W will not be fake   10_003.gifKC already know what is happening DY looks surprised as hell  

w07-01711.jpg

this man have beautiful hands image.gifimage.gif

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Forgot something about the Dark Ghost!

The reason he was in the real World before was not to hunt YJ - he was at the Bridge as I believe because he can´t allow KC to die. But it seems like he has not the control he has in W World in the real World. So only there KC could jump and end his Life - or better said - stopp his life.

Poop KC - finaly he starts to be happy - to open his Heart. And the Moment he starts to love - he must fear to loose her on the most terrible way. That Thread is real evil. I don´t think a Bullet can stop the Ghost.

Aha, I also think before the hooded man is given a face and an id (which means he needs not only to be drawn he also needs to be built as a character with strengths and faults). He can't be deafeated neither in W nor in Real World. 'Cause you can't fight a ghost. It's like fighing with smoke no way to win.

• Like 9

Kang Chul from ‘W’ gets dating skills from real picture book

tumblr_inline_obqm0goCrj1sp3v51_540.png

Kang Chul from the popular TV series “W” is said to be the envy of most men, but his perfect persona appeared to have come up short in Wednesday’s episode. 

After signing a marriage contract with Oh Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo) in order to have her acquitted of attempted murder charges, Kang had Oh summoned to his room as soon as she was released from jail.

After this encounter a relationship began to blossom, but Kang soon found himself in unfamiliar territory – how to be romantic.

Kang reached for a book that featured romantic situations between couples. Unsure of what to make of the stories he asked Oh whether a man accompanying his partner to the grocery store, tying her shoelace or hugging her while she was cooking is romantic.

“I read it in the book,” Kang said. “But, do females really find those romantic?”

“Yes, absolutely,” said Oh resting her head on Kang’s shoulder.

The book, “Comfortable, Adorable” in Korean, that featured in episode is actually a real book.

tumblr_inline_obqm0yssn61sp3v51_540.png

The picture essay compilation is the work of illustrator Park Da-mi, who goes by nickname Puuung on her online blog. The book features illustrations of everyday romance in various setting

The book was inspired by Park’s life with her boyfriend, but she says the book doesn’t necessarily reflect their relationship.

tumblr_inline_obqm1mk6AL1sp3v51_540.png

“I wanted the story to become anyone‘s story,” Park, a graduate student at Korea National University of Arts, said in an April interview with Channel Yes. 

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com) 

Article: Kpopherald

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Rania Zeid said:

don't think so ..MBC sucks hard in this >_< 

@Rania Zeid metoo, me also was hoping for a higher than this rating, since its already mid of the whole journey. why? because i am praying for an increase to 20 eps, isn't 16 eps too few? this storyline is unique and fresh and never before. if this is successful, u will find many station try to copy this kinda of comic-crossover-reality rom-com, and i want this Drama to be the Classic of its kind, the One that People will always mention when ever talked about comic-realities Classic.
MBC is afterall a 'practical station', it give credits and fan-pleasures where ratings are higher, see, Yongpal (which garner 21.5%), it gets special treatment and bags awards at the Annual MBC Drama Awards.
so in order to lure MBC to increase the eps and let me enjoy more moments of Chul-joo couple, the only way is ratings must be higher than this.

pray, and they may even rewards fans by having some meet-fans tour, round Asia for promo. Better even, some dramas used to have this 'Free hugs or Free coffee... whatever gimmick made special by scenes in the dramas' if ratings hit a certain target, then we can even get more OTP moments in real life. 

• Like 8

“W” Reveals Which Scene Gained The Highest Ratings

“W” Reveals Which Scene Gained The Highest Ratings

Scene-by-scene ratings results for “W” have been revealed.

The scene that gained the most views is the scene where Han Hyo Joo‘s character and Lee Jong Suk‘s character announce their marriage.

In the seventh episode of “W,” Oh Yeon Joo and Kang Chul confirm their feelings for each other with a kiss. When a detective witnesses the scene, Kang Chul resorts to announcing their marriage in order to release Oh Yeon Joo from prison. This particular scene received 17.3 percent ratings, making it the highest rated scene so far.

Episode eight will be airing on August 17 due to broadcast scheduling changes for the Rio Olympics.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/11/w-reveals-scene-gained-highest-ratings/

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, tianaa said:

what it cant be happening YSH is fading but why will she be imported to the real world or what could it be 102.gifor if KC find and know who is a killer everything will be back to normal and W will not be fake   10_003.gifKC already know what is happening DY looks surprised as hell  

this man have beautiful hands image.gifimage.gif

@tianaa hi, actually regarding the issue about SH, while i don't like her way of interline and try to remove YJ from the Chul's life, acting on her own impulse, and even endangering YJ. first foremost, being an employee of Chul, she is answerable to Chul even though been of a higher rank staff like a personal closed assistant. unless when you deem your 'boss' is beyond normal ability to function or judge situations, as staff we should not bypass the Boss and act against his interest out of jealousy.
secondly, i just hate second lead that goes mean and selfish, esp Second female leads were always written to be scheming and possessive in an unrequited love towards the Hunk-main lead. In fact KD-lands actually churn out better Male Second Leads that are selfless and self-sacrifice for the Female Main Lead (which led many in time past to ship the second Lead Males supporting actor with the Main Actress.... Sad to say, its stereotype here, having SH to scheme and jealous against YJ. Yet for those fans reading the W comics for a good 7 yrs, shipping SH and Chul seems to be the Natural. so i was harsh in an earlier post to say and blame the 'comic-fans' for having ill thoughts and displeasures against our lovely angelic 'actual Creator" of Chul, YJ herself.. even that before the introduction of YJ as if she drop from the sky, the world of W is basically working towards an Chul-hee shipping, while Crazy Dad may have no intention to make it a Rom-thriller comics, seem romance was never the main genre in his mind after he took over from his daughter and steered theme towards thriller solely.

so, its only fair to say, SH actually deserved to have a good ending even if she were to be written out, writer must be responsible for her 'well-being". But she need not have happiness in the expenses of sacrificing YJ. mainly, just introduce a second lead romance, which many fans should NOT be against within the W comics and without in our real world in soompi. did we not hear once a blue moon some who cheers and shout out for SH and DY. in fact they made a good match, even better than SH and Chul, did not the actual 2 actor/actress Eu-Gene and Tae-Hwan actually posed a very comfy IG pose together.
so, dad or YJ herself can just draw in a blooming romance between SH and DY, as DY was found having a secret crush on her. then, her existence is much needed, and need not be redundant and be faced with auto-removal.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, charlieblue17 said:

thoughts on the more serious side of ep.7

It's interesting how similar the two of them are. The scene in the prison bus when she puts this extra-cheerful front to compensate for the sadness and desperation she knows he is feeling... He does the same - smiling when his heart is in torment. Also behind the glibness the subtext is so supportive - however you came to be, we can decide on the future together ( meaning a. you are free to chose what you become and b. I am here for you) no matter how he choses to misconstrue it.

The following morning when he asked her what right she had to decide whether he lives or dies... there is a dissonance between what he says and how he feels (based on how he looks at her). When she finally relents to say that "Yes I can see that saving you was my mistake" you can see for a second the mask slipping through - he looks so despondent for a second. Because what he really wanted to hear was that there is a reason to continue living. The Because I love you... following hits him at his most vulnerable. More so because this time he knows she really means it.

His indirect confession aka "stop doing swoony things because my heart is weak right now and you'll be sent away" is extra cute.

I just want them happily dating for all eternity (wouldn't be much of the drama but they kind of deserve it...).

@charlieblue17

I love (and agree with) everything you've written.

How there was so much subtext during the bus conversation. YJ was so very relieved to see KC alive after 2 months of being tormented by his suicide, and she was trying so hard (without being obvious about it, ergo the flippant facade she adopted) to help him decide to live... just live somehow, just find a new purpose in life and don't think of dying, ever again (and breaking her heart). Her first mission for him, in order to distract him: find a way to free YJ from prison. Then they'll be able to be together and figure the rest out. Somehow.

I love how you pointed out (during the visit the next morning) the dissonance between KC's harsh words to YJ and his actual feelings for her. He missed her, he was afraid he wouldn't see her again, but he realizes now he's just a manga character while she's a real girl, with a real life, so she can never be his. He's trying to push her away ("Why did you have regrets about this shoddy comic, and had to be handcuffed and suffer through all--?")--because he hates his existence, and because he wants to protect her and to protect himself from future pain, should he fall even deeper for her and then lose her.

But when she starts crying it's obvious (and he later admits it indirectly when she asks her not to cry in front of him) that it's just Tearing. Him. Up. Inside. He can't stand to see her in pain, and when she (sarcastically) agrees with him that she shouldn't have saved him, his face just crumbles that little bit more. As hard as he's trying to push her away, he's really desperate to hold on to her. To be saved by her. I'm so glad YJ chose that moment to tell KC she loves him.

"I just want them happily dating for all eternity (wouldn't be much of the drama but they kind of deserve it...)." Amen to that. :)

• Like 13

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

I'm SO HAPPY W gained more ratings than the last week! Yeah, bed scenes sure do that to dramas. But I must admit as much a I was salivating over our OTP's sweet moments. I was equally touched by the first two scene's in prison bus and jail. The heartwrenching dialogues between our leads were exactly what i was hoping for. Also the scene with KC's comparison/realization of the whole *fiction* concept of his World totally broke my heart. That scene was very strong especially taking into consideration that it was mute.

LJS is one of the very best when it comes to expressing his emotions through the eyes!
But I'm getting off track here.

I'm sure part of the reason W gained more ratings is due to MBC's craftily *matchmaking* the schedule. They warmed up audience to the point of mental breakdown.

But why everytime I read articles concerning W schedule it feels like MBC had made us a favor by airing the7th. They sure like to underline who it's the audience heated response that made it possible. While I feel like it was a very smart canculation on MBC's part.

Anyway, as long as we have at least ONE episode next week, I would be totally happy with MBC's cunningness.

@juju84  re: extension of the drama to another week. 
totally agreed. think i might be the odd one out that actually don't mind having one ep postphone to next week. for me, when the cliffhanger stop at the Faceless hoodie threats, yet we are still fresh with all the swoon-worthy hugs and kisses and even an almost-bedscene. so to drag the story and make us wait with the memories of that extreme sweetness in our mind, will make us yearn and thirst and keep us glued to stay watching. its MBC's cunningness, to stop at these moment, no other scenes can 'hang us and bait us" to want more and bind us to the show.
they do need to study fans' reaction and what fans want. Since they have 'EXTRA TIMES' GIVEN, please Crews, stirred up the heat, cook up some nice Heaty steamy scenes between the OTP pls. i will not be coy, i want more than kisses and hugs now. hahah. who doesn't want, and doesn't start imagine last night by ourselves what shall happen if bodyguard didn't interfered that rare 'First Night Moment". haha.
crews had ample time and script writer now has more time to write cheesy moments, pls indulge us then.

its not that i loved the drama lesser than other, that i don't miss it more. just that i want to see it longer, and enjoy guessing the ends for another week more.
in Fact, i don't mind the show just drag longer, into end of September, instead of ending at September 14th. which means i can enjoy drooling over Chul-joo couple for another week.  Experiences in past, has myself swoon and ship over an OTP for a good 3 months that ends up having some bad ending, or simply 'no-ending kinda ending". i rather drag my pleasure longer., and prolong my feels for another one or two weeks even, just to allow myself to watch both OTP for more weeks and having myself to dream and speculate with joy the endings.
in short, instead of dwelt on having not quench our thirst for a faster taste of OTP moments. i guess, why not think of ways to Pray and prompt and plead with MBC to extend the 16 eps to 20 eps.

16 eps is not enough, for such a unique plot, a unique characters, and fine castings, above all the unexpected chemistry between the OTP is  pure Gold. so, 16 eps is Not Enough for this noona.

• Like 9