[Drama 2016] The Good Wife 굿 와이프

larus

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving the second episode as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that the drama retains its momentum. Also, why is Tae Joon so shady? I don't know whether to think of him as a misunderstood good guy or a bad guy trying to play at our sympathy. Either way, he's good. Very good. Very good :phew:.

8 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

.......Uhm...The pilot moving so fast and stills can't say it good or what.
Why this drama don't have Engsub..... Only 1 sites in VN subbing this drama too.

Yes, the plot moving so fast... But the premise pretty interesting, i will try to continue watching The Good Wife... Maybe after the 4th ep, i will be able to say whether it is a good drama or not and worth to watch or not. I found eng sub on one site, but i dont think i cant mention here...

Okay lets back to the story. Right after the start, only one name that i can remember Lee Tae Joon. Why, this character name always plays as a corrupt prosecutor? Haha... I really love SBS drama Punch - and the main character also had name Lee Tae Joon. His character here pretty annoying, what's i hate the most is a person who had sex-scandal in marriage life. But, after seeing his desire to clear his name and insist that this accident was a trap, i am starting/trying to believe him. He put a lot of "important people" in jail, so at some point he has many enemies. But, i guess Lee Tae Joon is not an innocent either. Lets see, his "own version" of his scandal is interesting to watch...

I feel bad for his family, esp his children. They must went through a lot because of their father's scandal. Kim Hye Kyung too, she looks like starting from zero point. Starting to work again, being a mom and dad for her children, enduring all embarrasment because of his husband.  I love the womance here, she and her secretary - she is expert in fraud. Hahaa.... KHK's rival - Lee Jun Hoo. So far i like their interactions. They both rookie, but one is newbie graduate from university and another one is newbie graduate from household. Hahhha... LJH must be an ambitius person since this is his first job. Cant wait to see their competition.

For another characters,i still cant remember well. But the judge for LTJ's case and first case of KHK - Hahaha... This ahjussi here again. Evil secretary from Yongpal and Neighborhood Doctor from Another Miss Oh, i feel he will play a good person here - fair play judge. I hope it too. Prosecutor Choi and his minion, they are suspicious. The main poster consists LTJ, KHK and Yoo Kye Sang (forget his name). So far, nothing to do with him. Cant wait to see, how he could involved in LTJ's case. See you next week guys. Happy Monday!

5 hours ago, Mayyes said:

I found eng sub on one site, but i dont think i cant mention here...

I think everyone can look for them if they know there are subtitles available. Thanks. I knew I should not lose hope. :D

Just finished episode 1 And with that... she won her first case! Hye kyung!   I like her reaction outside the court house. After 15 years she went back  to work as lawyer for the firm of S Lee Tae Joon still has that power and connection even if he's in jail. I'm undecided whether I like or not.. Hye  Kung for now...set aside the divorce paper. Gosh, she still has feeling for husband, somehow?

Hey guys, I did a recap of episode 1 of The Good Wife. Maybe you'd like to check it out here: https://varietyrecaps.wordpress.com/ if you're free.

It was such a loaded episode, so full and bursting with information and life that I literally took 10 minutes to breathe after I was finally done with the recap. It's too hard! haha. I don't think I'm ever going to recap it again but Dramabeans is apparently going to recap it, though I don't know when theirs will come out.

This show is my new favourite show. First there's Punch, then there's this... dramaland doesn't fare too badly on the political "thriller" genre.

Is it going to only cover a portion of the English version of The Good Wife? Or is 16 episode's supposed to cover everything that happened in all 7 seasons?

18 hours ago, quockhanh45 said:

Is Nana have loveline with both Jeon Do Yeon and Lee Won Geun? I read on hancinema sites that she is the first less / bisexual character in Korean history.

Is that so? Really? No wonder slightly in first ep I saw her sleeping with a woman... Another interesting story of her....

10 hours ago, jongski said:

Just finished episode 1 And with that... she won her first case! Hye kyung!   I like her reaction outside the court house. After 15 years she went back  to work as lawyer for the firm of S Lee Tae Joon still has that power and connection even if he's in jail. I'm undecided whether I like or not.. Hye  Kung for now...set aside the divorce paper. Gosh, she still has feeling for husband, somehow?

Yes, LTJ really has a power even in a jail his connection still works. Somehow i feel like his wife cases was directed by him, lead her to Mooil Group then he makes agreement. Or maybe it just eventually went this way. After living with someone for 15 years, i guess she knows him well. Enough to know whether he is lying or not. She hates him for having affair (sex scandal), but on the other hand i guess she doesn't believe 100% about him taking bribes. Or she has to not believe it in order to regain her family name. At least she has to do it for her children.

Just finished watching EP 1 & 2 back to back and I'm totally exhausted, mentally and physically. So many storylines interwoven in very intriguing ways already.

Jeon Do Yeon is a Korean Meryll Streep in my opinion.  She transforms herself completely into whatever role she plays.  Her character, Kim Hye Kyung on the other hand, has so much thrown at her from every which way, as a betrayed wife who is not sure about her future with her husband, a mother of heart broken children, a co-worker, a woman and a newly starting lawyer at a mutual age.  My gawwd.  I was getting a headache from just watching her life unfold and a backache watching her in those platform heels.  LOL.

Well what I can say for now is that TGW has hooked me in.  Hopefully Viki.com will pick it up soon.  They were late picking up Task Force 38 too.  Cheers everyone!

I am only 15 min in the first episode of TGW and I'm sCREAMING @ David Lee.

I really adore the dialogue so far. It's very quick-witted and the pace is exciting. 

/Edit: found a gif of David Lee on tumblr. OMGG

Spoiler

tumblr_oa3gg8xD0H1vpmpmko1_r1_250.gif

Guest snowpanda
On 11.7.2016 at 3:02 PM, quockhanh45 said:

Is Nana have loveline with both Jeon Do Yeon and Lee Won Geun? I read on hancinema sites that she is the first less / bisexual character in Korean history.

I really don't think so. i mean if they are going the way the original does than no she and Do Jeon won't have one, and I also don't get that feeling seeing them till now. they are probably just going to be colleagues/friends.

I also really liked the first two episodes, and it does move fast, but that also brings me to the thing I was wondering about, are they going to push all seasons of the original in this, are they just going till a specific point or are they going to do their own thing after some time and not care about the original storyline. 
Whatever it is, I'm going to continue to watch and see how it goes^^ 

Hah. I wasn't able to finished episode 2 so I'm going watch again. The start of ep 2 Hye Kyung having nightmares about LTJ and his yikes... ha ha.  LTJ in bed with mistress(es)? Of course as a former prosecutor and with his case scrutinized by the media everyone in the courthouse to law firms to the prosecutors and other lawyers in the field, the subject of LTJ scandal always comes up whenever they see HK. One thing i can say, cheering for Hye Kyung!

LTJ is jerk for what he did to HK  but I wanna see him in looking so dapper in suit! woooh! so get out of prison you, fool! :P 

CnHcuNWXYAQhg4i.jpg

The Good Wife: Episode 1

by odilettante | July 13, 2016 | No Comments

goodwife0100125a.jpg

Adaptations are nothing new when it comes to dramas — webtoons, novels, and manhwa have all been popular sources, and every year there seems to be a remake of a Japanese or Taiwanese drama. But American television shows have been notably left off that list, at least until now.

The Good Wife is the first direct Korean remake of an American show — one that was wildly popular and, according to reports, the reason that tvN was able to convince the queen of the silver screen, Jeon Do-yeon, to return to dramaland (although the hefty record-breaking salary they gave her probably didn’t hurt, either). As a fan of the American version, I’m eager to see if this one will live up to the hype — and my expectations.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/the-good-wife-episode-1/

Hello Everyone :) 

i watched the first two episodes RAW the premiere week and haven't gotten around to watching it subbed yet :( Does anyone know if  Dramafever or Viki will sub it or has the rights to it yet? I loved it as I really do like this genre :) Hello A  Feloow Kdram Chingu :'(  

This drama is being English subbed by VIU, although you can only access VIU in Singapore or Hong Kong, I think. You can find another website that uploads that subtitles if you search, although I can't post direct links here since that's against soompi rules~ If you're downloading it though you can probably search "The Good Wife (굿 와이프)" at subscene and find it.

Archived