[Drama 2016] The Good Wife 굿 와이프

larus

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Yoo Ji Tae looked so good this episode. I had to pause and marvel plenty of times. Him in that button up white shirt and glasses. I volunteer... LOL. I don't care what for. I volunteer LOL. Joong Won that office scene *fans self* me next LOL. I wasn't the only one mad he wasn't there right? I knew and love that kCarey found the broach. I knew as soon as I saw her without it, this ish gonna hit the fan. 

Show though all these almost and maybes between Hye Kyung and the two men is starting to kill me. The almost door open, Then when he open she's gone with Tae Joon. The numerous elevator misses with Joong Won. Staring at each other's closed doors with Tae Joon. As much as I enjoy the a whole profile of Yoo Ji Tae and him saying so much without saying a word.....the tension is killing me. I'm fine with the "why don't we have both" approach right now. But Hye Kyung you may be setting yourself and these men up for hurt. Whatevs have fun. Taste test both flavors until you can agree on one lol. Is polygamy illegal in Korea? LOL 

Damnit I know. I know.  Jongski is damn!  Yoo Ji Taeis sooo fine!. Ye all know  how I feel and who I want!  Hye Kyung. are you on rebound?! from one to the other! definitely the bedroom one is better than the office!  Hah! But there is a difference between want and need! I'll just say that! whatever.  Lee Tae Joon is the one! Gosh..don't contradict.. me y'all. Ha ha ha..if you've been reading previous pages...my feelings transparent.  I'm giddy! Indulge me.

Here we go raw I won't even understand but the visuals.. I can watch all day! until I we have the sub.

1 hour ago, kammiya said:

This drama is good...I just binged watched the first five episodes and I'm loving it.

The only thing that bums me is that HK looks older than JW and that the other intern looks like he just got out of highschool (literally he just got out of Sassy go go!! lol) but other than that I think the cast is great and have chemistry. Overall it has the same American Good wife vibe but is different at the same time, it captured the essence of the show.

The actor that plays the husband...just WOW...way to bring an A-lister, I don't think I've ever seen him doing dramas just movies. I think the character fits him like a glove. 
And Nana really surprised me, I believe this is her first drama (correct me if I'm wrong) and I think she is doing a great job.

I liked the small changes they did from the original like making the korean Diane and Will brother and sister, though the korean Diane is a bit mean on this one and doesn't resemble the original character I don't mind that much.

I was a fan of the original series and watched it till season 5 (afterward it all went downhill) I just hope that they don't follow the lines of the original too close...meaning SPOILER SPOILER

Reveal hidden contents

I hope they don't kill JW (YKS's characters) as they did with Will in the original series. I really like his character (in the original and in this one and also I'm a fan of YKS :D

Up till now it resembles to season 1 and with the reduced number of episodes I hope they don't get to kill him.

I can't wait to watch episode 6, from the videos you guys posted it looks like we will get some steamy scenes YAY :D

HK IS actually older than JW, so her looks are fine xD. She seems to be the same age as JW's sister.I think they just did the judicial circuit at the same time, but in college she was his sunbae?  

Yeahhh it bothered me about the Korean Cary guy (oops i forgozt his name too lol), because he looks so young, yet acts so experienceD? I thought he had handled a lot of cases, bec he kept giving her advice and being sort of superior/arrogant, but Episode 5 showed that he is VERY much green. 

But wait I found this... lemme just say first on about ep 5. Kim Dan... Isn't she awesome?! the  school scene.

Hye kyung wants to open something to check and find.. Kim Dan's like yeah not a prob! Oh yeah, she used to work for Tae Joon.

Cn7LCdhUMAEbgQe.jpg

@agenth I was estatic when it was shown that kCarey (can't remember his name. It's Joo something) was nothing but talk. He talks such a big arrogant game but is very very green like you said. His mistakes in the courtroom was ridiculous. Even if he's a rookie, how could he not further question the cop and then Do Hyun. I was like....that's it...really you're done!?!?!! Bless Hye Kyung's intelligence and abilities or that little boy would be facing prison. 

@jongski you crack me up. But who did she want and who did she need? Or are they the same person? Was it simply release? Or does it mean something. It most definetly going to change things...but what it was snd means to Hye Kyung is important. It was a hot scene though and since I been wanting it (both of them) I'm happy lol. 

Boo. Why did the ratings go down so much :( 

50 minutes ago, schummy_lover said:

i am liking this drama too...Tae Joon doing dishes, vacuum and laundry while wearing a sexy shirt...oh god, he is truly a :wub: houseband...

i am volunteering to be their 3rd child..hahahaha...helping Tae Joon appa at home :w00t::w00t::w00t:

He sure looked good being the HOUSEWIFE. LOL LOL LOL  EVEN WHEN HE LOOKS AT HIS WIFE IS JUST SO STEAMMY. 

Hello everyone 

OMG!!! You guys are spot on the differences and  similarities to both male leads. They both love Hye Kyung and both are willing to bend the law to protect her. I think Joon Won will not hide his true face from Hye Kyun.  He will let her see the good and the bad unlike her husband. TAE JOON loves his wife but power will always be his first love. In order for their marriage to work he will have to choose. Once he makes that choice maybe he got a chance to be with her 

I will admit Hye Kyun loves her husband their is something that binds them together, she is very attracted to him still. Who wouldn't be ? When he threatened to kill the mistress for seeing his wife, I think she was thrilled tag what he was willing to do to protect his family.  Now she knows her husband is dangerous  and she should also be cautious.  I agree with all my Chingu's Hye Kyung and Tae Joonnhave reallly good chemistry. 

@jongski.... Chingu , I really want Tae Joon and Hye Kyung to reconcile but I believe Hye Kyung is also like Joong Won. I think she might actually fall for him if they are following the American tv version. Tae Joon and Joong Won are similar and different to a certain degree but Joong Won is a friend and confidant to Hye Kyung. I think in KDrama land friendship, understanding and love are WHAT MAKES OTP IN DRAMA LAND. She never had that with her husband and gave up everything to be his wife and was betrayed for giving alll herself to one man. That is a mistake she doesn't want to repeat but it's what will keep her single because of her fear. 

Spoiler

In the American version Felicia was very much in love with second lead but her obligation to her family had to come first. She loved her husband but I think finding herself lead her to falling out of love for him. 

Im so glad I found this drama. Im addicted to the emerican version haven't missed a season. I was a little disappointed when I found out it will only be 16 episode, it would of been great if it was a daily drama

Leave it to a Korean drama to turn all the male characters into pure hotness.

I love this drama and I love the last episode! I really think Hye Kyung was ready so start something with Joong Won but unfortunately he wasn't in the office. So much bad luck for him gosh! 

I haven't seen the american version but I really hope that in this version Hye Kyung will divorce her husband and be with Joong Won. I want those "good wifes" to stop enduring for the sake of their egoistic and manipulative husbands (and of course how society views them). I know they have obligations towards their children but sometimes it is better to divorce than to play a happy family. Children are not stupid, they can feel the tension and the fakeness. Tae Joon is a charismatic and cool dad but that't not a reason to stay with him at all guys!!!! 

Dan is very vocal about this and I love it! She said in episode 5: "Lawyer Kim, you should still show no mercy. Once you start being forgiving since he's your children's father after all, tragedy will start again." 

People learn when things change not when they stay the same.

LOL @ KCary finding the broche of HK, because I find it funny how he just walks into his boss' office. Damn those last 5 minutes killed me so fricking much.

I knew she was going to go back & miss JW, and I knew she was going to hook up with her husband instead xDD. It's pretty much what happened with the original TGW, but it still was such a beautiful scene omg...

My heart breaks for JW though, because damn itttttttt!! I mean I love the Prosecutor too, so I'm very torn here. 

And the preview for next episode, HK changes her hairstyle??? Or is it a flashback. I'm confused XD.

Also, that soundtrack is killing me. The instrumentals are so awesome! I hope it comes out soon, bec I want to rewatch the eps simply to listen to them hehe. 

5 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

I love this drama and I love the last episode! I really think Hye Kyung was ready so start something with Joong Won but unfortunately he wasn't in the office. So much bad luck for him gosh! 

I haven't seen the american version but I really hope that in this version Hye Kyung will divorce her husband and be with Joong Won. I want those "good wifes" to stop enduring for the sake of their egoistic and manipulative husbands (and of course how society views them). I know they have obligations towards their children but sometimes it is better to divorce than to play a happy family. Children are not stupid, they can feel the tension and the fakeness. Tae Joon is a charismatic and cool dad but that't not a reason to stay with him at all guys!!!! 

Dan is very vocal about this and I love it! She said in episode 5: "Lawyer Kim, you should still show no mercy. Once you start being forgiving since he's your children's father after all, tragedy will start again." 

People learn when things change not when they stay the same.

@ChyuuNyuu  *glares* can you feel my intense glare!? Ha ha!  Ugh. Joon Wong! But he's oppa! and I like too.. but. No!

Fine! I admit I like them to be together and  I'm talking about Hye Kyung and  Tae Joon. I know don't tell me....I know  Tae Joon is manipulator, cheater, scary devious bastard! He has ambitions. He was being pushed  to the corner by someone higher than him. One with more money and power and authority.  He was about to expose something but  the powers that be learned hence his fate. But he also took bribes and sexual favors and that is his mistake. Big mistake. He didn't TRUST Hye Kyung...  when clealry during the accident, Hye kyung said I'll stay with you  and Tae Joon was shaken. His career will be ruined if everyone finds out what happened that night. And Hye Kyung who loves Tae Joon said she'll be there by his side no matter what!

What I'm trying to say is that he may be total jerk of an a-ahole but he loves his wife! circumstances has pushed him to the brink. And  now it will even put him i to the dark side.  You might be think what the the hell is love? He cheated on her is that love?  Like I said. Something clearly happened.  But hey,  I look at you all! ha ha!

CoBx2RHUkAAWv5a.jpg

CoBx3D5VYAAPXET.jpg

But Lee Tae Joon's feeling hasn't/  He loves his wife! Tae Joon better be honest with that else I'd kick life long threshold! aim at it for good! Mwahahaaa!  I'm defending this cunning bastard and loving and rooting! It must be that body! NO. YES. wait .. it's everything else!

jongski is greedy and drooling. Yoo Ji Tae!!!!

CnnLzpXUAAAmjnB.jpg
CnnL0zeVYAA7g7o.jpg
scaps credit: :jyc/others

11 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@jongski.... Chingu , I really want Tae Joon and Hye Kyung to reconcile but I believe Hye Kyung is also like Joong Won. I think she might actually fall for him if they are following the American tv version. Tae Joon and Joong Won are similar and different to a certain degree but Joong Won is a friend and confidant to Hye Kyung. I think in KDrama land friendship, understanding and love are WHAT MAKES OTP IN DRAMA LAND. She never had that with her husband and gave up everything to be his wife and was betrayed for giving alll herself to one man. That is a mistake she doesn't want to repeat but it's what will keep her single because of her fear. 

@Unnisarah  Chingu, I'm not alone I'm so happy someone else likes them together. Band with me. I like them to reconcile too. However I feel your post, I can see that Joong Won is like her comfort.. but that guy is freaking shady a** tard too! I mean, even Papa Seo said.. he's cold and can destroy too especially if she hasn't seem him action. Yikes..shady kind of oppa!

Hi it's my first time here.

Even though i have accidentally read spoilers on weibo this morning and knew a bit about what would happen, I felt like I really need to discuss this after watching, hence I came here.

Why HK went back to TJ after that? Was that like a way to forget JW because she met that young guy on her way back and she suddenly felt guilty?

Both guys are so bad and so good... I can't decide which one I prefer more...

@ChyuuNyuu  a "good wife". One of my best friends had her husband cheat on her (she married young they had been dating on and off since middle school so they had been together about 13 years) and was going through the process of determine what to do. She didn't have children but they'd been together and very much in love and happy (she and the rest of us were shocked. They were that ideal perfect couple) for a long time and she was trying to determine if she should stay forgive and work things out (he told her it was a one time mistake, he sorry, it would never ever happen again, he was willing to do anything to repair what had been broken) or divorce and start a fresh. Off course everyone had an opinion.

Her husband, her family, friends, strangers, the Internet, society, even scientific research had opinions. People were like leave, he's a liar he's broken your trust, people don't change, etc, etc. people told her to stay. They'd been together and happily married for years. She should hold on to those memories and try to fight and work things out. He was sorry he swore it was only one, he loved her and is willing to do anything to make the marriage work. With therapy and talking they can build and grow and become stronger from this. She made a vow for better or worse. This is the worse so work it out. Them off course their were the people who judged her. Calling her weak and stupid and not strong. No self respect or strength. "Love yourself why would you go back to a cheater." Then their were those who were all "Whay did you do? Why did he cheat...claim you responsibility in this." 

From all the above, it broke my heart when my friend told me that what truly heart the most, is the lack of support, understanding, and willingness to listen to HER that she recieved from women. She said woman were the harshes critique of her. That "good wife" label..the don't be or do be a "good wife" she said it hurt. Not because she felt it was bad to be a "good wife" but because society had degraded the word and made it something negative. When she came to me that night crying "you're supposed to be my best friends and family....why are you making me feel so small" We drove. We hit the beach and hid from everyone for 2 months. O just let her be. She cried, she yelled, she laughed, she got drunk, she cursed her husband, she loved and missed him, she hated him and wanted him dead, she ranted, she was ashamed, she was like F shame...for those 2 months I just let her be and in the end she made a choice. She chose to go back to her husband.

I have never asked my friend her reasons or reasoning for her choice. A lot of people asked her that. Too many people made her defend herself. Too many people judged and citizens her. Too many women made her feel...it was like...they made her feel like richard simmons. They looked down on her. People told her she's disgracing other women and her choice was not a feminist one. That just...that hurts and is wrong. The choice to leave or stay are very feminist ones to me. Those people couldn't see the strength, the courage, the boldness, the warrior, the wit, the sadness, the joy, love, etc, to go back and try to rebuild her marriage, herself, her husband, and fix the cracks.

For a woman to chose to stay in a marriage (unless a partner is physically or emotionally abusive towards them or their children) to want to fight for whatever years they had been in love. What ever years of laughter, tears, support, anger, growing, and being with this person; I believe that is what a strong warrior women is. At the same time when a woman looks and realizes there is nothing to save. That all the years of laughter, happiness, tears, anger, growing and being cannot savage what has been done. That what was and what is now is not who they are or what they want or where they want to be or go. The woman chooses to leave, she's a strong warrior woman to me. 

For me in the US good wife and this k-version I don't believe that Alicia or Hye Kyung are woman leading their lives based on societies beliefs or making decisions that are right for others. I see the very opposite. The Hye Kyung I've seen is not someon who plays by the rules societ and culture has set up for her. I'd that were the case she wouldn't be working at the law firm. She wouldn't be out and about in the world facing the gossip, looks, judgement, and shame of her husband's very public/nation wide scandal. She would instead be "reflecting" on matters aka hiding from the public eye as if she committed some huge sin until the fever of things had died down and societ is ready to accept her again. That is not what Hye Kyung is doing at all. Hye Kyung is trying to build a life and home for herself and her children that is independent of her husband (try being the word cause with her client list as is, she can't escape him). She moved out the old neighborhood, she sold the house, the kids go to a different school, she works. In court Hye Kyung wasn't the dutiful "my husband is innocent" fierce supportive wife. Instead she was a woman who's marriage has been rocked and who is emotionally confused and trying to find exactly what she wants to do. She was honest in that she looked into divorce and that it is still an open and daily thought about option for her. She loves her husband but she also hates him. She's confused on her feelings but she wants him home. Hell he needs to be home so she can watch and see who he really is (did he do all the things accused of or is he kind of innocent like he claims) what they have, and if it's something she still wants. She never said they would be staying together...she just wants that time together to see what she wants. 

Hye Kyung (like Alicia) is strong, intelligent, and very capable and able to take care of and provide for herself and her kids. She doesn't need to stay with Tae Joon (nor Alicia with Peter) or have to stay (aka societ or get kids or expectations). In the orginal I felt there were numerous reasons for why Alicia stayed and it wasn't because she was being  a "good wife". Love and marriage are complicated and it benefitted Alicia to stay. Yes her children played a factor but that's what being a mom and married with kids are. You can't be purely selfish. You are going to have to factor in how your decisions affect your kids. That's life. I don't have kids but I still think of my mom, sisters, and nephews when I make some choices. It's life.

Why women who have been cheated on by powerful men (and not powerful ones) stay is complicated. It's not just kids, expectations, society, culture, etc. I'm not an idiot nor naive so I know those are factors(for some huge for others small) in coming to a decision. Ultimately I think the pros out weight the cons and in the long run it was what was best for the woman (or man) and the future and life they wanted to live. Some end up regretting it. And some end up better and flourish from it (I mean look at Hilliary, future president now). 

In this fantasy world, Hye Kyung divorces Tae Joon goes to be with Joong Won and they live happily ever after. Life is more complicated than Disney ending. The above would not be real. No, it is real that Hye Kyung can divorce Tae Joon and she can live happily with Joong Won, however her grown kids, family and Tae Joon's public shame/trail will still be factors and are things deserving of consideration. Will Hye Kyung's grown kids welcome Joong Won as step daddy? How will a divorce affect them and their relationship with mom? Will they hate her? Accept it? Will they want to live with her or their dad? Where will Joong Won and Hye Kyung live? How will Joong Won's sister react? His family? The firm? Will clients leave or stay? This decision will it affect the outcome of Tae Joon's trail? How will Jue Kyung feel if she thinks her decisions somehow hugely affected the life of the father of her children and someone she once loved? There are so many thoughts and choices and fallouts...Its not all there is to stay but it also isn't all there is to stay. It's complicated and u think both dramas reflect all of that in a very realistic adult way. 

TL;DR: There is nothing wrong with being a "good wife".  The choice to stay or leave is not the only reflective of a women's strength or weakness or feminism. Life is complicated there are many things to factor in and many ways we come to a choice/decision. I love Hye Kyung. She's boss. I'll continue to love her no matter who she ends up or does not end up with. Last but not least GIVE MYUNG HEE A STORYLINE!!!

@MrsSoJiSub  When *the good wife* goes back to her husband. It is to rekindle a marriage. To go back and try to make it work. It is always the woman who does that. Society is like that. It's like it's norm. If if were the other way, *the good wife" cheated on the husband. I don't think husband will go back. and do what *the good wife* does.  Top reason why  a cheated wife goes back and stays with husband..children but that's in general for  one self and personal, wife may feel as if it is her fault husband cheated on her and  she will want to  do something about that. Shouldn't be the case bit most often it is.  Top reasons for infidelity and cheating. Money,  zero passion, lack of feelings. Trying to save a marriage.. it's always fall on the wife.

-----------------

In this drama world - In Hye Kyungs situation, we see that she still has feelings for Tae Joon but she's confused.  We see her  feelings for Joong Won slowly unravelling to something  more than friendship. In the office with the kiss  she was  probably lonesome, or he was lonesome and she felt that need to comfort. She sees Joong Wong as friend from the Judicial Training Institute. They've know each other 15 years.  If they end up together. I'd feel cheesy. 15 years of friendship then you suddenly find that you're in love.. well it does happen. Joong Won harbors that feeling since their days at training- but that's like 'Doctors" crap. Like he hasn't gotten over her? Like he's waiting for her? Gimme a break!

For Lee Tae Joon,  one thing that the accident exposed him was that he was a weakling. He got all flustered, panicked, he wanted assurance from  Hye Kyung, It's as if that accident showed, it was Hye Kyung who was the more calm and  had that power.  She held his face embraced him and said,  she'll never leave. They;ll always have each other and she's there for him.  He tried to speed up and catch up with the guy he was investigating but it was raining and the guy suddenly got tossed in mid-air and died. Now this, I feel is a secret that can be used against TJ or maybe it's not a secret anymore maybe there was blackmail.

Sorry I'm going on the deep end connecting the dots. all in the quest to justify the love and reconciliation wanting Hye Kyung and Tae Joon to be together as the end game. 

7 minutes ago, jongski said:

@MrsSoJiSub  When *the good wife* goes back to her husband. It is to rekindle a marriage. To go back and try to make it work. It is always the woman who does that. Society is like that. It's like it's norm. If if were the other way, *the good wife" cheated on the husband. I don't think husband will go back. and do what *the good wife* does.  Top reason why  a cheated wife goes back and stays with husband..children but that's in general for  one self and personal, wife may feel as if it is her fault husband cheated on her and  she will want to  do something about that. Shouldn't be the case bit most often it is.  Top reasons for infidelity and cheating. Money,  zero passion, lack of feelings. Trying to save a marriage.. it's always fall on the wife.

-----------------

In this drama world - In Hye Kyungs situation, we see that she still has feelings for Tae Joon but she's confused.  We see her  feelings for Joong Won slowly unravelling to something  more than friendship. In the office with the kiss  she was  probably lonesome, or he was lonesome and she felt that need to comfort. She sees Joong Wong as friend from the Judicial Training Institute. They've know each other 15 years.  If they end up together. I'd feel cheesy. 15 years of friendship then you suddenly find that you're in love.. well it does happen. Joong Won harbors that feeling since their days at training- but that's like 'Doctors" crap. Like he hasn't gotten over her? Like he's waiting for her? Gimme a break!

For Lee Tae Joon,  one thing that the accident exposed him was that he was a weakling. He got all flustered, panicked, he wanted assurance from  Hye Kyung, It's as if that accident showed, it was Hye Kyung who was the more calm and  had that power.  She held his face embraced him and said,  she'll never leave. They;ll always have each other and she's there for him.  He tried to speed up and catch up with the guy he was investigating but it was raining and the guy suddenly got tossed in mid-air and died. Now this, I feel is a secret that can be used against TJ or maybe it's not a secret anymore maybe there was blackmail.

Sorry I'm going on the deep end connecting the dots. all in the quest to justify the love and reconciliation wanting Hye Kyung and Tae Joon to be together as the end game. 

Regarding your 2nd paragraph. We got the hint that JW had an active social/dating life around HK and also after HK. I don't think he was a monk waiting for her, or even waiting at all. I think seeing her again has just made those buried feelings resurface again. I do think HK was pretty oblivious to JW's feelings when they were at the Judicial Training together, because back then she was so head over heels in love with TJ that she even helped him cover up his car accident and took the blame for that. Maybe she had also some kind of feelings for JW, but only lowkey. I mean, she does go look for him when she feels low spirits and is sad, so that's something at least.

I am not underestimating her feelings for her husband, though. He hurt her deeply, but that doesn't mean the past 15 years vanish in a blink of an eye. 

@jongski Oh I know for sure if the situation were reversed no one would bat an eye lash if Tae Joon divorced Hye Kyung and no one would be telling him to be a "good husband" and stay for the kids or family etc. I know socially it is more accepted/given that a cheated husband should leave his wife and a cheated wife should stay. My feelings on it all is that the decision to stay or leave is far more complicated than we as a society who are merly outsiders looking in make it out to be. I don't like nor find it right when a man or a woman but especially when women are so harshly judged and criticized no matter if they stay or if they leave. It frustrates me that Hye Kyung gets judged and feels the negetive contagions of the label "good wife" no matter if she leaves or stays. 

I disagree about Joong Won. Like it or hate it, there is a mutual sense of attraction and want between he and Hye Kyung. I feel Hye Kyung wants him just as much as he wants her (she went back and had he been in the office we would have been watching her and him "knocking boots" instead of she and Tae Joon). That office scene I don't think was about feeling lonesome or simply needing comfort (that's more of what she did with Tae Joon. Release the sexual frustration that was built by the Joong Won kiss and miss). Hye Kyung and Joong Won have a certain connection, understanding, and desire for one another (that she understandably with Tae Joon's infidelity and secrets and lies, is not sharing that with him, Tae Joon) that is where the kiss came from. For a moment Hye Kyung let go...she didn't think and gave into to something she wants, something he wants or something that just happened...she went with the moment. Then she stopped because as @agenth said 15 years of whatever she felt and still feels for Tae Joon doesn't and hadn't just gone away. Hye Kyung stopped herself out of respect or loyalty to whatever feelings she had or still has for Tae Joon but she went back. She went back...maybe she was going back because Tae Joon cheated and "had a moment of weakness and one time mistake" so why can't she... ?Or maybe she went back because Joong Won is who she wants and needs now. She went back that can't be ignored. If Joong Won had been there we would have seen those two 'knocking boots' and not she and Tae Joon. 

I don't think that Joong Won has been pinning or waiting for Hye Kyung all these years. He pinned for her in the past she feel in love with another man (Tae Joon) married him and had kids and a seemingly happy life. Joong Won had seen/known this and moved on. Life choices just happened to bring her back into his life and past feelings that lay doormat are being awoken. For Hye Kyung I think it's a bunch of things drawing her towards Joong Won. Yes Tae Joon's scandal, lies, secrets, and her hurt and betrayed feels are factors. Joong Won in some sense is an escape from the current tornado that is her life (as is the firm which I think is why she pours so much into her clients. They are new beginnings and a chance of being a freer Hye Kyung). However I think Hye Kyung is attracted to the man Joong Won is (the person who right now she can rely on and turn to, to talk and laugh and gain advice, confidence, etc) and what he draws out in her (that sense of self and independence she had when she wasn't just prosecutor Tae Joon's wife). 

*sigh* it's all so complicated which is why I say I want her life (I kiss one and top the other :D) but I don't want her life (real talk I would have grabbed my kids and left Korea for greener less flashing lights, pastures long ago. A year of finding myself and what I want away from the pressure of my husband and the spotlight of the scandal..make a decision to divorce or not). I just want Hye Kyung in the end to be living her truth and her sense of happiness and a life she relishes in having. I want to see the woman in the opening (if you haven't seen the drama opening go watch it) who no longer feels like a pinned butterfly but instead spread her wings and looks back in all black fierce. 

1 hour ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

@jongski Oh I know for sure if the situation were reversed no one would bat an eye lash if Tae Joon divorced Hye Kyung and no one would be telling him to be a "good husband" and stay for the kids or family etc. I know socially is more accepted/given that a cheated husband should leave his wife and a cheated wife should stay. My feelings on it all is that the decision to stay or leave is far more complicated than we as a socket who are merly outsiders looking in make it out to be. I don't like not find it right when a man or a woman but especially when women are so harshly judged and critize no matter if they stay or if they leave. It frustrates me that Hye Kyung gets judged and feels the negetive contagions of the label "good wife" no matter if she leaves or stays. 

I disagree about Joong Won. Like it or hate it, there is a mutual sense of attraction and want between he and Hye Kyung. I feel Hye Kyung wants him just as much as he wants her (she went back and had he been in the office we would have been watching her and him "knocking boots" instead of she and Tae Joon). That office scene I don't think was about feeling lonesome or simply needing comfort (that's more of what she did with Tae Joon. Release the sexual frustration that was built by the Joong Won kiss and miss). Hye Kyung and Joong Won have a certain connection, understanding, and desire for one another (that she understandably with Tae Joon's infidelity and secrets and lies, is not sharing that with him) that is where the kiss came from. For a moment Hye Kyung let go...she didn't think and gave into to something she wants, something he wants or something that just happened...she went with the moment. Then she stopped because as @agenth said 15 years of whatever she felt and still feels for Tae Joon doesn't and hadn't just gone away. Hye Kyung stopped herself out of respect or loyalty to whatever feelings she had or still has for Tae Joon but she went back. She went back...maybe she was going back because Tae Joon cheated and "had a moment of weakness and one time mistake" so why can't she. Or maybe she went back because   Joong Won is who she wants it needs now. She went back that can't be ignored. If Joong Won had been there we would have seen those two 'knocking boots' and not she and Tae Joon. 

I don't think that Joong Won has been pinning or waiting for Hye Kyung all these years. He pinned for her in the past she feel in love with another guy married him and had kids and a seemingly happy life. Joong Won had seen/known this and moved on. Life choices just happened to bring her back into his life and past feelings that lay doormat are being awoken. For Hye Kyung I think it's s bunch of things drawing get towards Joong Won. Yes Tae Joon's scandal, lies, secrets, and her hurt and betrayed feels are factors. Joong Won in some sense is an escape from the current tornado that is her life (as is the firm which I think she pours so much into her clients. They are new beginnings and a chance of being a freer Hye Kyung). However I think Hye Kyung is attracted to the man Joong Won is (the person who right now she can rely on and turn to talk and laugh and gain advice confidence, etc) and what he draws out in her (that sense of self and independence she had when she wasn't just prosecutor Tae Joon's wife). 

*sigh* it's all so complicated which is why I say I want her life (I kiss one and top the other :D) but I don't want her life (real talk I would grabbed my kids and left Korea for greener less flashing lights, pastures long ago). I just want Hye Kyung in the end to be living her truth and her sense of happiness and a life she relishes in having. I want to see the woman in the opening (if you haven't seen the drama opening go watch it) who no longer feels like a pinned butterfly but instead spread her wings and looks back in all black fierce. 

What is this? Did you get into my head? Because what you wrote were exactly the feelings and opinions I had too but you are clearly better at articulating them =D I can just say that I love your response and I have the same position in all your points!

Anyway.....The sexism behind a "good wife" is so unfair. Whatever a woman decides in a case like that she would always be the wrong decision and criticized. And I know that Tae Joon "loves" his wife and sure he had a "weak moment" (nobody is perfect) but still......he is such a self centered person and it annoys me so much that people like him always get what they want (didn't Dan say something like that?). 

Lets exchange places Hye Kyung!

Oh hail the queen! Jeon Do Yeon as Hye Kyung! Ep 6. Loved by two men,  Need by two men. Love by two men! Lucky!

CoGYbYBWAAAwojN.jpg

Cheat. Lie.  Bribe.Bastard. Dirty. Fvvck. Sinister. Love! He loves Hye Kyung! I Drool.

Spoiler

CoGYbYCXgAI9es9.jpg

cr: heymas

Cold  comfort.  Shady.  haven't show true colors...yet.  Snake! Oppa!

Spoiler

CoGYbYHWIAEpt2g.jpg

cr :heymas

Scumabag. Trash. I crush him.  IKR! Kim Tae Woo! I stare.

Spoiler

CoGYbYKXgAAyCmk.jpg

cr:heymas

Archived