[Drama 2016] The Good Wife 굿 와이프

larus

I watched the translated two episodes. I had a feeling of deja vu but I was pleased of what I saw. It was impossible not to compare the characters from both versions but I decided to stop after the first episode. I want to watch this kdrama with fresh eyes. I will try anyway.

I liked the most Jeon Do yeon and Yoo Ji Tae (I heard about them but never saw them on screen) both the actors and their characters. And I enjoyed seeing this more cheerful Kalinda version, not so dark and mysterious but I think she was fine.

BTS video

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Good Wife: Episode 2

by odilettante | July 14, 2016 | 19 Comments

goodwife0200202a.jpg

Dealing with a case that could have been ripped from recent headlines, Hye-kyung begins to realize that her husband’s scandal has perhaps affected her more than she lets on. It can’t be easy being constantly reminded of the scandal at every turn as she tries to focus on her new career. She can’t let her private concerns get in the way of seeking justice for her client — or can she?

Read more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/07/the-good-wife-episode-2/

Nana Responds To Positive Reviews Of Her Acting In “The Good Wife”

Nana Responds To Positive Reviews Of Her Acting In “The Good Wife”

After School’s Nana, who is making her first foray into acting on tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama “The Good Wife,” shares her thoughts on the positive feedback she has been receiving for her acting.

Nana first expresses gratitude for the positive viewer response. “I am so grateful to the many viewers who are looking kindly [on my acting], even though I’m sure I’m lacking in a lot of aspects since this is my first attempt at acting domestically.”

Read more

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/14/nana-responds-to-positive-reviews-of-her-acting-in-good-wife/

I never knew who she is. I like when people get encouragement. Hope she continue to do a good role. I yet to see a very good acting on her part but if she is a newbie she had a good start. I like that she is down to earth.

Since I wasn't able to start the episode, I'm clueless with the scene right now.  HK talking to the old man in sling cast.

Edit: Okay will just have my thoughts once I watch this with sub. Right now I don't understand a thing watching the scene right now. Thanks for all the updates  @larus

I just started watching this drama and 2 episodes in and I'm so in love with the drama. I knew it was going to be fire when Jeon Do Yeon and Yoo Ji Tae signed on but my gods I never thought it would captivate me this much. I'm so already hooked I watched ep 3 raw and I'm dying for subs now. 

I am probably in the minority here but I love Tae Hoon the husband. I love a smart villain that oozes charisma, charm, sexiness, and is all flavored of shady. I can't get a read on him and I love it. Is he playing Hye Gyeong? Is he playing me? He's bad and dangerous and the world's biggest arsehole for cheating and hurting and shaming himself at such a national level. I also loath all the pain he's brought into his family and especially my queen Hye Gyeong (whom I will race about because by gods is she a force and everything I aspire to be) but did he accept bribes and things or is he truly be set up to take the fall of some higher ups bigger f-ups like he says??? The way that one prosecutor behaves has me believing Tae Joo but then the way Tae Joo behaves had me not believing him. Either way I am enjoying the journey of getting to his underbelly and watching him tick and work. Also Jeon Do Yeon and Yoo Ji Tae have amazing chemistry. Everyone of their scenes are always crackling with sparks and I'm not sure if I want her to beat his richard simmons or have some hate sex with him LOL. I did such a happy dance when she smacked the richard simmons out of him in ep 3. I need more of her going off on his shady richard simmons!!

Hye Gyeong *bows* true queen through and through. I love everything about her and the way the Jeon Do Yeon is portraying her, can you give an Oscar for dramas lol. The strength the foreicity, the survival instinct, the spirit. The moment we saw her on that podium standing besides her husband but not with him, I knew she was an armor the warrior that's going to protect herself and her kids. It's her walk. There is so much strength and power in her walk when she confronts these no good men and does not cower in front of any of them. Seriously look her stride anytime she leaves from visiting her husband...her steps have so much stride. You can tell she is not to be messed with and will not take bs from him or anyone. I love when At the same times she can be vulnerable and soft. With her client and her kids. I loved when firece momma was going to to the school and confront those who hurt her son. I cried when she broke down in the elevator and cheered when she recovered and was ready to be "omma" again. She's everything. I love love love the scene where she confronted that pesky head prosecutor and was all "you must not know how to upset a woman" *drop mic and stride out like the bad richard simmons she is* And the scenes where she lets husband know, she'll be watching with eyes wide open because she's woken from her 15 years of sleep *yas queen* her intelligence in the courtroom (though she will need to lose some cases show. It's not realistic for her to always out do that one and only prosecutor -seriously why's he always on the same cases-) and I love her sarcasm and wit of comebacks at the Carey character (you're right, the news is better on the internet). I just love her.

I love all the characters and can't wait to see more and know more. However Will's character, like in the orginal is bland daddy long legs to me and I need/want something related to him that grabs me and doesn't let go like the above to have. Also Diane character has better come big soon because I need it. Her scenes and impact have been too short and too little. I want more Carey too (can he please get a case of the week or working with Hye Gyeong on one) and I better get one female kiss from bisexual Khalinda character (man I need to learn and remember the Koream character names). Also please more Hye Gyeong/Tae Joo scenes. I don't necessarily want her to work things out with him (though I did notice the hold his hand questioning/hesitance parallel to Korean Will with her) but I do very much enjoy everything spoken and unspoken (their body language, both say so much with their eyes) whenever together. Again hate sex or kiss would be fine. Then a divorce...?  I don't trust him and he has shown in ep 3, he's scary and willing to go to extremes to protect(?) his. 

Ratings ( nationwide )

1. The Good Wife ( tvN ) : 4.771 % ( + 1.006 % )   --------------------> Ep. 3

2. Mirror of The Witch ( jtbc ) : 2.709 % ( + 1.012 % )  ---------------> Ep. 19

Credit : AGB Nielsen

Congrats...even its peak till 6.8 %... :heart::heart:

Guest Athena416

Behind the Scenes :blush:

Pictures 13680663_1596633043967896_20906413104158

Spoiler

13728993_1596993860598481_64172075270411

13754283_1596993703931830_28116917894657

I just can't get enough of this drama. I don't care if the subs take time to be available. I watch it raw and then watch it again with subs. Nothing can stop me from watching this.

10 hours ago, yonaomi123 said:

Finally found english subs!!! Woohoo!! Let the binge watching commence :D:D  :D 

Good for ya! :D

2 hours ago, TeBe said:

why subbing this drama is taking so long ?

:bawling:

Check around, there are others subbing....

I love this drama. I could watch these actors (especially JDY, YJT, and the one who plays the head prosecutor that is after the husband) act with and around each other all day. No everyone is flawless even the guest for case of the week (can head prosecutor's wife stay) are sooo good. I am loving the pace and watching characters and stories dive deeper. 

Yoo Ji Tae is a force that commands each scene. I am loving his Peter His character is reminding me of his 'Oldboy' character. I don't know what to expect from him or how and why he ticks and I love it. 

Jeon Do Yeon is fabulous as always. She too is a force and every scene she's in I can't take my eyes off of her and what she will do or say. I can't get a read on her too. She's a mixed bag of emotions and I love unraveling her. The courtroom stand scene in ep 4 was/is everything. I can't wait for subs for both this episode and ep 3. 

Still though I need the writers to do more with Carey and Diane characters. The Diane is such a fabulous actress and right now she is being given close to nothing to do and I loath that. It's such a waste of the actresses talent. I hope they soon develop the womance between her and Hye Kyung that the American orginal had with Alicia/Diane mentor and friendship (also betrayal).

Archived