[Drama 2016] The Good Wife 굿 와이프

larus

I've done my thing on both DF and Viki. Are they the only "legal" sites?

DF was bought out and has totally changed their interface. Not sure I like it, but maybe I just need to get used to it. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phi3nk
28 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

Anyone know whether or not it matters if I send sub requests to Viki from the same IP address everytime?  Will it not count?  :( So sad that there isn't much hype about this drama!!!

Edit: Also submitted a request to Dramafever, just in case. Super difficult to find the request page tho

It's fine if you send the request as much as possible. I suggest you to fill the request every hours, kkekke... It's work when we send it for Squad 38. Such a pity if there aren't one who willing to sub this drama. Cmon, even if this doesn't have big fandom but we need some best quality drama in term of acting and character. 

2 hours ago, badsmuler said:

Credit : tvN Drama

Ratings ( nationwide )

1. The Good Wife ( tvN ) : 3.966 %  --------------------------------------------> Ep. 1

2. Mirror of The Witch ( jtbc ) : 2.322 % ( + 0.525 % )  --------------> Ep. 17

Credit : AGB Nielsen

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW...Jun do yoen...this actress has strong aura and charisma... :heart::heart::blush:

@badsmuler heyyyy ching-ah... thanks for good news. You always bring good rating news. 3.966 on tvN is very good rating for the premiere ep. Hopefully this will spur one of the legal sites to take on subbing.

Btw, I didn't know it has started. I'm going to search for a site with subs of some kind. Thanks chingu.

@yonaomi123 hmmm that's a question I can't help you with. I figured if it isn't allowed from one ISP, then I should have heard from V by now, this being the nth time I've done it for various dramas? I don't know if this info is even being tracked. I'll say just go for it hehe :P 

@phi3nk Agree with you. We always need quality dramas with good acting, good directing and good plot. (btw, everytime I look at your avi, I get a 'shock' haha ) 

14 hours ago, yonaomi123 said:

Anyone know whether or not it matters if I send sub requests to Viki from the same IP address everytime?  Will it not count?  :( So sad that there isn't much hype about this drama!!!

Edit: Also submitted a request to Dramafever, just in case. Super difficult to find the request page tho

@yonaomi123, I think it does not matter if we send several requests from the same IP address; Because occasionally  I received a note from a channel manager on Viki asking us to submit additional sub requests for a particular channel. There was no request to use different IP address etc.

Here is the request page for DramaFever. I think it was harder to find because they recently changed it.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12O_ZOMCU4C-siqwMbv8WpbTnefMB2pBsXwWGw50WxgQ/viewform

17 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I am waiting for Lee Won Geun:wub:

Raitings

1.The Good Wife - 3.9

2.Police Unit - 3.1

3.Mirror Of The Witch - 2.3

Great news about the ratings, @leeminhosny.  !

16 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Don't worry chingu. There will definitely be somewhere with engsubs. :rolleyes:

I still hope that Viki may pick it up. They were late on picking up other shows too. That is why I was asking to post the ratings on the channel, so that they see it is a Winner! :wub:

@badsmuler , thank you sis. for the ratings info. :). May it continue to rise, and may it be subbed for us... !  praying-to-god-smiley-emoticon.gif

16 hours ago, Mayyes said:

ahh there is not portal sub that takes this drama? Okay, i will make request for both site. 

Thank you @Mayyes  !  I think every sub request helps.

14 hours ago, Ginaaaa said:

I've done my thing on both DF and Viki. Are they the only "legal" sites?

@Ginaaaa, thank you. Unfortunately the main ones are DF and Viki. 
That is one reason why I was so unhappy when Viki bought Soompi TV  - it effectively took away a 3rd option we had.
OnDemandKorea is a legal site, but they do not do their own subbing. Mostly they have subs done by either MBC America or KBS World. 

14 hours ago, phi3nk said:

It's fine if you send the request as much as possible. I suggest you to fill the request every hours, kkekke... It's work when we send it for Squad 38. Such a pity if there aren't one who willing to sub this drama. Cmon, even if this doesn't have big fandom but we need some best quality drama in term of acting and character. 

@phi3nk thank you for your advice.  Will try.  I echo your sentiments about this drama.  That's why I am crossing my fingers that ep. 1 ratings info. will help.

14 hours ago, Ginaaaa said:

Honestly, why aren't they subbing EVERYTHING coming from tvN? Just sayin'.....

@Ginaaaa - that's the million dollar questions. I so agree with you!

Cm5DMmgUcAAkl5Q.jpg

Source: TSN

Hi everyone, 

Here is another suggestion.

DramaFever posted today on their FB page an article about the upcoming drama they are bringing.

It is called "New and Upcoming Soon to DramaFever July 11 to July 17"

Someone by the name of Bernadine Moore posted the following comment underneath their article on FB
" I am begging...won't you please consider subbing The Good Wife! ??? This drama is getting great ratings at almost 4% on TVN for it's first episode! The cast is amazing with Jeon Do-Yeon appearing in a drama for the first time in 8 years!! Add Yoo Ji-Tae and Yoon Kye-Sang and you have a trifecta of greatness. And it doesn't stop there. The entire cast is wonderful! Please Please, I'm truly begging you to consider/re-consider subbing this. I'm praying other people will see this request and like or comment on it to let you know there is great interest in seeing this drama. "

I liked her comment and responded that I second the request and also posted a photo of the poster.

If more people here who have FB accounts will "like" her comment too, and add a response to her comment, so that DF will see many interested people, maybe they will be willing to sub it.

Here is the link where you  can find it.

https://www.facebook.com/DramaFever/posts/10153711272611961

7 hours ago, irilight said:

It is not subbed by either Viki or DramaFever.

I can`t believe it. I honestly thought this show will not have problems with the license but I guess I was too confident. It seams that it is my bad luck with many dramas.  

I wish I know why nobody picked this drama for subtitles but I don`t give up hope yet.

@irilight Hello my dear and thanks for the shout out! 

TBH, I'm a huge fan of the American drama series. Robert and Michelle King, the creators of the good wife, are to be credited for writing and eventually producing the best legal drama for television in recent history. It's simply the most impressive, intelligently written and thought provoking series I've ever watched. 

Anyway, I don't know the extent the Kdrama will tackle the series and if they're going to make major tweaks to the characters. There are certainly big shoes to fill - Alicia Florrick - the long suffering wife of the disgraced governor; Peter Florrick -the scandal ridden husband and governor; Will Gardner - Alicia's former lover in law school who will become her boss at his law firm; Diane Lockhart - the very elegant and intelligent partner of Will, Kalinda Sharma - the gutsy and talented law firm's investigator, Cary Agos - the young and up and coming lawyer who would compete with Alicia in everything and Eli Gold - one of my favorite characters, who stands as Peter's wing man but is secretly impressed with Alicia's determination and character.  Man, I could go on. 

The Good Wife Korean drama has been on my radar for quite some time now. I hope it'll end up as impressive as its American counterpart. 

12 hours ago, irilight said:

I still think we have a chance with Viki mostly, if we all send these sub requests

So I want to encourage EVERYONE to follow Viki's channel by clicking on the + sign

https://www.viki.com/tv/31450c-the-good-wife

And also please send Viki multiple sub requests -

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Spoiler

Cm3C3miUIAAZj6g.jpg

The long teaser didn't do much for me, but I'm still curious about the show because I watched a few seasons of the U.S. version. Surprised it hasn't been licensed. I just assumed it was a given. Anyway, I followed your instructions and hope it helps a little. 

That girl is really pretty. Apparently there were concerns about her acting before the premier, but she's received decent to good reviews on her work in the first episode. 

tF6oiIN.png

credit

Guest phi3nk

@jadecloud haha... I hope it's a 'good' shock tho. Miyanheee.... I kinda have strange addiction with singer-actor and actor-singer. Jared Letto is one of them.

Ep.2 to go. Though i don't fully understand the whole conversation but just seen their body language sometimes it's more effective and efficient. 

Congrats for Nana. I hope she'll keep her performance better and better until the end. 

12 hours ago, jadecloud said:

@irilight  ulji maseyo chingu I've clicked + long ago and submitted long ago too, but just submitted again. Cross our fingers for now :P Unbelievable that no one wants to sub this. The non-mainstream sites will be overjoyed with the increased traffic, I'm sure. Don't worry chingu. There will definitely be somewhere with engsubs. :rolleyes:

I just checked the only site that had Mrs Cop 2 subs to see if they have picked it up, nothing yet. I'll check Dark Smurf later on this week when they get it uploaded to see if they will sub it. It's crazy no one has picked it up since this show was such a big hit in the US. I will wufu viki  a few more tines too.

12 hours ago, Mayyes said:

@irilight ahh there is not portal sub that takes this drama? Okay, i will make request for both site. 

I just finished watching raw, of course i dont know anything. Hahah... But looks promising...... And good start for the rating. Just like @jongski said medical and legal drama is the same, really need a proper sub. So, now patiently and prying they will do subbing for the good wife.

omyhosh.. somebody sub this pleaseeee!

TVN currenty on LS.. but even the show I'm watching right now After The Show Ends  is not subbed. I though TVN shows especially  anticipated ones like The Good Wife  will be subbed? @irilight. I submitted again. I'll wait.

8 hours ago, irilight said:

Hi everyone, 

Here is another suggestion.

DramaFever posted today on their FB page an article about the upcoming drama they are bringing.

It is called "New and Upcoming Soon to DramaFever July 11 to July 17"

Someone by the name of Bernadine Moore posted the following comment underneath their article on FB
" I am begging...won't you please consider subbing The Good Wife! ??? This drama is getting great ratings at almost 4% on TVN for it's first episode! The cast is amazing with Jeon Do-Yeon appearing in a drama for the first time in 8 years!! Add Yoo Ji-Tae and Yoon Kye-Sang and you have a trifecta of greatness. And it doesn't stop there. The entire cast is wonderful! Please Please, I'm truly begging you to consider/re-consider subbing this. I'm praying other people will see this request and like or comment on it to let you know there is great interest in seeing this drama. "

I liked her comment and responded that I second the request and also posted a photo of the poster.

If more people here who have FB accounts will "like" her comment too, and add a response to her comment, so that DF will see many interested people, maybe they will be willing to sub it.

Here is the link where you  can find it.

https://www.facebook.com/DramaFever/posts/10153711272611961

Done. If you figure out which one is my comment (which should be easy based on content) you'll see the real me! :lol:

6 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Just watched the subbed episode 1, quite satisfied with the casting, plot and pace.

Hope it will not go off course after a few episode.

Before anyone ask me, it is chinese sub.

That's good actually that it was chinese sub.  Wouldn't that make it more likely that Darksmurf might pick it up?

Archived