[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

@valerierose 

Yehua is a complicated character but if there is one thing that cannot be overstated, it is that he truly loved Su Su. Without subtitles, it's kind of hard to grasp the entire situation but the only way that Yehua could save SuSu's life was to do what he did. I'd say that the drama is doing a whole lot better of a job at the nuances than the novel did. 

I really like your comments!

I absolutely agree with you. You can't grow up in a palace situation without having certain complexes and Yehua is definitely a complicated character but there is no doubt that he truly loves BQ. I can't believe I'm saying but the drama is actually much better than the novel at this stage. Particularly the dramatic scene with SuSu eyes. That was perfectly done! It was so emotional and well-played by both actors. You could tell YeHua was particularly remorseful that he couldn't protect SuSu. The situation at the palace is so precarious you could be Crown Prince one day and easily the unfavoured son the next. There is no absolute and YeHua knew that SuSu's position was hanging by a thread. 

@insanity29 I don't believe it was 'love at first sight' by either party. Although, I suspected SuSu was probably surprised that she was attracted to YH at the initial meeting. She became rather shy and blushed when he wrote his name on the palm of her hand, which is quite an intimate gesture. And trust me, you would never proposition any man if you weren't attracted to him. 

As for YH, he always had a good impression about her because he saw her kindness and selfless acts towards Mo Yuan but you have to remember YH doesn't know SuSu is the mortal self of BQ. He just thinks SuSu looks like the MY's disciple. I believed romantic feelings started to develop during his time spent in his dragon state and when she replaced him with the bird YH realised that he missed SuSu, and probably was a little envious.

However, the decision was made when he wanted to meet her personally, as a man that was when he actually liked her. Remember Lian Song was surprised that YeHua was even 'interested' in a girl given that he's such a stoic man and never demonstrates his affections easily.

Btw: I love his friend, Lian Song. He's smart and loyal and he does everything to help Ye Hua. I love their interactions and one of my favourite scenes was when they were discussing how to 'meet' SuSu. So cute!!

• Like 12

I found this :lol:

Chexmix: So does Feng Jiu think that Dong Hua doesn’t know that the red fox is her?  Seems like we’re almost at the end of Susu’s arc. I found a poll on Weibo asking if you can push any character down ZhuXianTai, who would it be? Like a lot of people, I picked SuJin but was truly surprised to see Susu getting so many votes!! hahahah So I’m gonna relay this poll here and see how international fans think.

screenshot_2017-02-10-09-57-33-1

So, I saw the other version not Croton version.. they cut so much scene at the ending.. 
Saw the longer version which makes me want to watch more episodes...I thought there going to be ep 25 but realized its only one episode on the weekend :(

I read the summary on this website -- which make me so anxious and can not wait for it..
The scene where YH and BQ make out :blush:

2 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

screenshot_2017-02-10-09-57-33-1:lol:

Voting all of them!! expect Susu of course..

• Like 4

it's hilarious how everybody who watches this drama (regardless of nationality) is screaming "jump jump jump" for BQ.  That is really when the fun starts. 

@meifang89 I don't understand how DH can get injured that like either. I thought he's invincible.  But I guess we will have to wait and see.  His story with FJ has really deviated from the book so there's no telling...but still super cute. 

• Like 3

@insanity29 Although it is not love at first sight for YH and SS but I always feel that they are fated to fall in love with each other from the moment they met.

For SS, it is quite easy to understand as we know that she has to go through a love trial to become a higher goddess. She could have met anyone but she met YH.

For YH, he had very positive feelings for SS from the beginning because he retained fragments of his past life as the golden lotus in the form of dreams. He already loved Si Yin in that life and when he met SS all these feelings that had been locked away got awoken. I really loved the description in the novel regarding this part, it was written that YH felt like he has been searching for something that he lost in his previous life and after searching for ten million years, he finally found it. These positive feelings developed into love due to all the care and concern SS showed him and he finally realised that he loved her after SS picked up a magpie and started to neglect him. Fancy that! A crown prince being jealous of a magpie :rolleyes:

@meifang89 I'm rooting for SS to jump too!!! She is taking too long!

@angel318 Actually I still have my reservations about Yang Mi's acting. The quality of her acting seems to be quite inconsistent. There are times when she is really good like the scene where YH is going to remove her eyes and also the scene after when she wakes up and realised that her eyes are gone. But also times where her performance lacklustre like the scene where she got maligned for pushing Su Jin, I expected her to appear more flustered.

• Like 6

@lianyi Hmm I do agree her acting isn't very consistent, and I have refused to watch many of her series and movies these past few years (last one was Palace with Feng Shaofeng). However, I thought when she got framed for pushing Su Jin down the terrance she appeared shocked and afraid at the same time (the emotion felt right to me, but everyone is different hehe). I felt like she wasn't too over-the-top. Like she knew was being framed, but being the innocent character she is, she didn't expect Su Jin to frame her and putting her own life at risk. She told SJ "I trusted you, how could do that to me", but this scene was later on.

Sigh* that episode was too emotional that I can't bear to watch more than once. I cried (didn't cry when I read the book) and ended up ranting about it to my friend b lol xD

• Like 5

Is it bad that I thought of "Su Su" right away when I saw the poll?! My intentions are good, I swear! :lol:  

And I agree the way Ye Hua is being approached in the drama as opposed to the novel, to be so much better. The whole part where he apologizes to Su Su for not being able to protect her, before doing what he did - my heart utterly broke along with his. I like that the drama kept that side of him where he keeps Su Su in the dark about things he know will worry her, but unlike the novel he explains himself to Su Su for why he acts the way he does. And when no one is around, he doesn't withhold his feelings/love for her to reassure that his love for her is still the same if not more, rather than being indifferent/cold. Had they stayed true to the novel in this aspect, I might even consider rooting for Mo Yuan instead. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

it's hilarious how everybody who watches this drama (regardless of nationality) is screaming "jump jump jump" for BQ.  That is really when the fun starts. 

@meifang89 I don't understand how DH can get injured that like either. I thought he's invincible.  But I guess we will have to wait and see.  His story with FJ has really deviated from the book so there's no telling...but still super cute. 

That's true. I can't wait for her takes revenge to Su Jin :angry:

Right. That make me confuse :huh: I don't really like their story in book too much. Too painful for me :( I really like their story in the drama can't wait to see them more! :wub:

1 hour ago, lianyi said:

@meifang89 I'm rooting for SS to jump too!!! She is taking too long!

Me too. I'll be watching at ease after she become The High Goddess Bai Qian again. I hope the drama will makes her give lessons to Su Jin many times :rage:

My lackluster wifi on vacation is making me miss out of these episode. I guess in a way it's a good thing so I don't bawl my heart out yet. I'll have to catch up with all of you guys but I do love everyone insight on Ye Hua and Su Su love. And particularly Ye Hua pain and sacrifice in protecting Su Su.

Mark really is nailing this role and just makes me love Ye Hua more and more.

• Like 4

Omg I felt so sorry for Su Su when she didn't hold her baby!!! She was probably also afraid of hurting her own child. Having your sight is kinda necessary when it comes to cradling a new born. Don't wanna accidentally poke him too hard anywhere either. Poor Su Suuuu.

Also, does anyone know if their son is a full immortal or half mortal. I would've thought half since Su Su did lose all her divinity.

• Like 4

@thundergirl3: Aww thank you :wub: 

@Maria Brimstone: They don't clarify in the book but I always assumed that he was full immortal. Bai Qian didn't lose her divinity; the Demon Lord/King (?) had sealed her identity but her divinity was still in those genes lol. They're just cloaked for her and for those who are around her. 

I have to say that I'm not the greatest fan of Yang Mi's acting in this drama. IMO, she's the weakest link, especially when shes sharing the scene with more seasoned actors. There are moments where she shines but at other times, I cringe at the acting. It just doesn't come across as authentic, almost as if she was still holding back. But maybe it's because I've read the novel so many times already that my expectations are way too high. She is definitely improving episode by episode though; she's been on her A Game these last 2 episodes. Either way, who am I to judge her? She's heaps better than I would ever be. 

I'm so excited! The story is now going to officially get started! My favorite scene is coming up ^_^ 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maria Brimstone said:

Omg I felt so sorry for Su Su when she didn't hold her baby!!! She was probably also afraid of hurting her own child. Having your sight is kinda necessary when it comes to cradling a new born. Don't wanna accidentally poke him too hard anywhere either. Poor Su Suuuu.

@Maria Brimstone  Actually, I think it's because she did not want to develop any feelings for him because she had already decided to leave him behind and return to the mortal world. Of course, she did not know that Su Jin had tricked her into believing that jumping from the platform will return her to the mortal world. It is in fact instant death for mortals.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Maria Brimstone said:

Also, does anyone know if their son is a full immortal or half mortal. I would've thought half since Su Su did lose all her divinity.

He's full immortal because Su Su didn't reborn as a mortal, she just lose her power and 仙气 (holy vibe? don't know how to translate it lol)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Dominique Lola said:

Wait, what was happening with Xuan Nu's pregnancy? Was she taking some sort of drug/medicine? Was the child stillborn too? It seems like he's still alive with the way she was hugging the bundle.

@Dominique Lola  Even before Xuan Nu gave birth, the witch doctor already said that it would be 'sickly' but she demanded that he use whatever method to keep it alive. I Guess the witch doctor used some kind of witchcraft to keep it growing in her womb. When it was born, it was probably still 'sickly' or artificially kept alive. Li Jin then recalled the oath that he made to Si Yin in the past to love only her or he will not have offsprings in the future. So, this is retribution for him and Xuan Nu to have cheated on Si Yin.

i feel kind of sorry for him because it was Xuan Nu who changed her appearance using a spell to look like Si Yin/Bai Qian and deceived him. She did this again when he was pining for Si Yin one night and got drunk, resulting in her pregnancy.

• Like 4