[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

@meifang89 when they were in the dream of Aranya. He pretended that he's poisoned and the effect of the poison causes him to kiss FJ (more like make out).  that was his excuse towards her every time.  It's super cute. 

@faythe  I completely agreed with your observation. it was FJ perseverance that gave her the chance to be with DH.  I believe their fate ended when he saved her and returned it when she saved him back.  

Remember how DH went to that fated rock and saw that they weren't meant to be together.  But he wrote their names on it any way so that they are meant to be a couple.  to me that was super bada**. only DH can do that. 

• Like 4

@angel318, thank you for the video clips!  i can't really navigate any sites so when you post links to clips, they are so helpful in feeding my YH cravings...  hehehe. watching it, I also squealed and fangirled like crazy.. the way he looks at her while realizing her identity. oh yes.. the man has got some eyes on him. :wink: 

@lianyi, many thanks for the vids you posted as well. I'm stalking that site, scrolling thru the thumbnails and watching clips. :wink: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, linh5000 said:

oh by the way, does anybody know if the casts' voices are dubbed over by someone else or are these their real voices? i know how mainland china likes to dub over people's voices to make them sound better. 

Yes they're dubbed. It's hard for xianxia or jianghu dramas not to get dubbed because there's too much action and background noise (unless the actor wants to dub their own voice, like Hu Ge).

55 minutes ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

@angel318  iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou   DID I MENTION I LOVE YOU FOR THIS.  OMG my heart jumped outta my chest for a full 5 seconds in that first scene of first video, THIS DOSAGE IS NOT HELPING AT ALL for my inner fangirl.  And dumpling is SO cute, I can't even. 

Hehe you're welcome. I'm glad I found someone to fan girl with! xD

• Like 4

1 hour ago, linh5000 said:

oh by the way, does anybody know if the casts' voices are dubbed over by someone else or are these their real voices? i know how mainland china likes to dub over people's voices to make them sound better. 

The only people dubbed with their OWN voice is Li Jing and Si Ming. 

I kinda love Li Jing's deep voice, so it was a pleasant surprise that Zhang Bin Bin provided his own dub :wub:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

From what I've seen based on all the trailers/released clips so far, if you're here for DH-FJ they will have their fair share in this drama.  In fact the drama will start delving into parts of their storyline as the leads' romance "takes a break", which is very soon (probably in the next few eps- don't quote me on it). But keeping in mind this IS Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, not Pillow Book, don't expect enough for your heart's content.  

Well I don't think anyone was expecting DH/FJ to be leads here but keeping in mind that the producers were the ones that decided to do a smash up of Peach Blossoms AND a bootleg version of Pillow Book then expecting 2nd leads for DH/FJ isn't unreasonable. But they aren't getting treated like 2nd leads are they? Not even 3rd or 4th leads at this point. Not when the likes of Xuan Nu gets more story development and screen time than they do. I think that's the main complaint.

The producers didn't have to include DH/FJ in here at all considering they were a very minor part of Peach Blossoms that never affected any main plot of BQ and YH but they wanted to do "Pillow Book" too combined into Peach. So considering that DH/FJ are leads in their own story then the producers should know that they'll come with their own fans and expectations.

3 hours ago, linh5000 said:

I love those parts in the books with DH. He has such thick-skinned and i love his I don't give a **** attitude towards other people's feelings or thoughts. 

Me too! That's my favorite part. I love characters that doesn't care whatsoever about society's expectations and isn't restricted by what others' do and think. DH is like "I do what I want."  That's why I hate the Susu and YH portion of the Peach story. I don't think YH protected his wife enough because he's a rule follower. He can't go against his society for his wife. Yes he did the best he could but honestly his best wasn't good enough. He took the middle road of trying to keep everyone happy and suffered for it.

And yeah I know that DH and YH aren't comparable because DH is the most powerful being and YH isn't but walking your own path against everyone else doesn't require you to be the most powerful. Sometimes the more powerful you are, the deeper you fall into the trap of conforming to society. Now I don't know what would've happened had YH said "Screw all of you but I"m not removing my wife's eyes." Maybe they would've killed her then but I would've liked YH more for it. Did the guy honestly think that Susu would've stuck around after he took away her eyes? Yes he had a reason but he removed her eyes! Reason or not, who would stick around to play house with him after that?

Edited by lizax1
  • Like 7

25 minutes ago, lizax1 said:

Well I don't think anyone was expecting DH/FJ to be leads here but keeping in mind that the producers were the ones that decided to do a smash up of Peach Blossoms AND a bootleg version of Pillow Book then expecting 2nd leads for DH/FJ isn't unreasonable. But they aren't getting treated like 2nd leads are they? Not even 3rd or 4th leads at this point. Not when the likes of Xuan Nu gets more story development and screen time than they do. I think that's the main complaint.

The producers didn't have to include DH/FJ in here at all considering they were a very minor part of Peach Blossoms that never affected any main plot of BQ and YH but they wanted to do "Pillow Book" too combined into Peach. So considering that DH/FJ are leads in their own story then the producers should know that they'll come with their own fans and expectations.

I agree with this one. When I first started watching this drama, I didn't have high expectation, only a fair share of them was enough for me. Unfortunately, as the drama progressed their screen times were getting less and less. I couldn't careless about the demon people. By watching those two, there weren't any real development in the previous episodes. They were running in circle. Compared to other pairings/people, their storylines or characters haven't developed that much.

For other fangirls out there!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Purestupidity said:

Watched Ep 25-26. We all knew what was coming and were looking forward to it but it was still heart breaking

Hide contents

Su Su jumped, Yehua jumped after her.

Yehua was covered in injuries and couldn't wake up. ZheYan healed his physical injuries but said that it was up to Yehua's fate if he can wake up. Donghua mentioned to Yehua's family that there was a Soul Lamp from Su Jin's family/tribe that can gather the soul which would help Yehua. Su Jin went to get this and when she was giving this to Yehua's grandfather. She insisted that she wanted to be with Yehua as his concubine (I hate her.....)

Yehua woke up, he was unresponsive to his mum. He didn't have the will to live.

Bai Qian (Su Su) was now at ZheYan peach blossom garden covered in injuries, she woke up and was very very sad. She asked for the forgetting medicine from ZheYan, she wanted to forget about Yehua. You can see that she has suffered greatly emotionally from her mortal ordeal.

Finally able to see the episode with lagging wifi and my heart breaks. It breaks when Ye Hua have to take her eyes out, the pain was stabbing him ten fold and then, now with Su Su at Zhuxian Gate. When he ask her where she was and she told him and explain what Sujin said, that moment of desperation, of disbelief and scare in second just breaks my heart. He like all other fairies know the outcome of any who jump there and his heart sank when she told him. His fear of losing her blaster on his face in second as he hurriedly rushes over to save her.

I think when he met Bai Qian, he knew right away that she's Su Su not just because of Little Dough recognition but also because the Soul Lantern. I'm sure that he kept it in his possession as he has been using it in hope to gather Su Su soul but it never work. It was only able to gather their memories but never her soul and upon meeting Bai Qian, he finally realize why.

But before that, to see him lose the will to live is so heartbreaking especially when he believe that he had lost Su Su forever.

And how sad it is for Su Su to suffer to the point that she wants to forget. She had once love LJ, lost her master and yet she was able to continue living with those pain but with Ye Hua, she wishes to forget. Although it is her love trial, but Su Su definitely have love Ye Hua deeply and to misunderstand and feel his betrayal and wishes to forget their time. LJ had betrayed her before but never to the point she wishes to forget. It's really sad that she want to give up and let go, end their debt together, their fate. 

It's truly sad but now I cannot wait until their 2nd lives to start with each other again as Bai Qian and Ye Hua.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

@meifang89 when they were in the dream of Aranya. He pretended that he's poisoned and the effect of the poison causes him to kiss FJ (more like make out).  that was his excuse towards her every time.  It's super cute. 

Oh that part. But I still prefer their story in the drama though :tongue:

4 hours ago, linh5000 said:

seriously, why does FJ and DH story gets snips here and there when the demon world Xuan Nu gets an entire episode. I don't even know why she's still relevant later on in the story.  

Because FJ/DH wasn't mentioned much in the first book but Xuan Nu was mentioned a few times and she even stole MoYuan's body and Ah Li was held hostage too so that Xuan Nu can use MoYuan's body to revive her son who was mentioned to be weak in the drama but actually was born as a stillborn at the end. That is why some episodes were more focus on Xuan Nu plus some part of the novel was dedicated to Li Jing and Qian Qian still needs to have a final encounter to break all ties with Li Jing which is a turning point of her life. One of the rotten flower.

• Like 3

Oh my word. Reading all the things you all post about DH and FJ has me wishing for more! They sound so adorable, especially DH! I can totally imagine the 'all in' way in which DH loves the one woman. He sure has an amazing way of staking a claim on his wife! One I don't mind one bit hehe. Damn I really want scenes where he gets jealous! I definitely wouldn't mind a possessive DH *drools*

From the sound of it, it seems like DH and FJ will be getting their own separate drama due to the different novel? Has this been confirmed? Could it be true? ~~\^O^/~~

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Maria Brimstone said:

From the sound of it, it seems like DH and FJ will be getting their own separate drama due to the different novel? Has this been confirmed? Could it be true? ~~\^O^/~~

Yes they will get their own drama but with a different producer and different cast. I think this one is produced by Yang Mi's company. For some reason they didn't buy or couldn't get the rights to Pillow Book, so what they decided to do was combine Peach and Pillow into this 1 drama. Except they can't even do the real story of Pillow Book cause they don't have the rights so it's totally changed version.

My point was that since DH/FJ wasn't important to Peach at all they shouldn't have even touched it because they can't do the 2nd book anyway. But since they did decide to do DH/FJ they should go all the way in and do it justice because the novel fans do know they have their own story. It's got to be all or nothing, not this half-way mess they did which is the worst of the 3 options.

It'd be like if some company got the rights to do Legend of the Condor Heroes but not the sequel Return so they just added Yang Guo and XLN to pop up for a minute every other episode or so to do nothing. I'm sure ROCH fans would love that.

Edited by lizax1
  • Like 4

@meifang89 and @angel318 Thanks for the videos! I really can't wait for this week's episodes!

3 hours ago, lizax1 said:

Me too! That's my favorite part. I love characters that doesn't care whatsoever about society's expectations and isn't restricted by what others' do and think. DH is like "I do what I want."  That's why I hate the Susu and YH portion of the Peach story. I don't think YH protected his wife enough because he's a rule follower. He can't go against his society for his wife. Yes he did the best he could but honestly his best wasn't good enough. He took the middle road of trying to keep everyone happy and suffered for it.

And yeah I know that DH and YH aren't comparable because DH is the most powerful being and YH isn't but walking your own path against everyone else doesn't require you to be the most powerful. Sometimes the more powerful you are, the deeper you fall into the trap of conforming to society. Now I don't know what would've happened had YH said "Screw all of you but I"m not removing my wife's eyes." Maybe they would've killed her then but I would've liked YH more for it. Did the guy honestly think that Susu would've stuck around after he took away her eyes? Yes he had a reason but he removed her eyes! Reason or not, who would stick around to play house with him after that?

Hehe... I almost thought that the drama did such a great job in portraying YH that nobody is going to bring this up.

Actually I think DH and YH are not comparable also because they are in very vastly different situation. While DH is kind of on his own, YH is entangled in a much more complicated network of associations. He is not only a husband to SS but also the fiance of BQ, he is also a son to his parents, grandson to the Heavenly King and also the crown prince to his people. He did try to break out of this network by faking his death and this is definitely no easy feat for him because we know how much he cares for his loved ones (he chose to wear black because he did not want his injuries to be visible to his loved ones) but that failed and even resulted in the Heavenly King's discovery of SS.

With SS life now in the hands of the Heavenly King, he really have no choice anymore but to work within the restrictions and try to achieve the second best outcome that he can - let SS return to the mortal world. And one implication of this choice is his determination to keep SS alive. Otherwise he could have gone all out like the Second Prince and if it does not work, kill SS and then himself. But if he had done so, I would have think him unworthy of SS love because that is not taking responsibility, it is just taking the easy way out. If you truly love someone, you would want to keep that person alive at all costs even if it means going against the person's wishes. I think the drama actually portrayed this part a lot better than the book because at least YH explained to SS why he had to take away her eyes (he did not do so in the novel zzz). If Su Jin had not misrepresented the facts to SS, I think SS might not have left YH so soon. 

I actually find YH's situation to be quite tragic in the book because it was mentioned that no matter what he did, he would not have been able to attain happiness with SS because he is only a love trial that BQ had to go through to become a higher goddess. Even if it is not him, it would be someone else. That's the cruelty of fate. All of a sudden, the love that almost cost him his life seems so small in the whole scheme of things.

• Like 8