[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

I just wanted to let everyone know that Dramafever has episodes 10-12 available now for premium members. Everyone else will have access to the episodes on Monday. Apparently, they have changed their schedule. It now says on the series page that episodes will be available on Thursdays for Premium members and everyone will have access to episodes on Mondays. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished episodes 10, 11 and 12 and I have to say that I'm even more hooked :heart:

There's some amazing scenes and I'm really surprised on the speed its unfolding! I'm loving everything, the plot twists, the way they focus on how and why they reach the conclusions. I can almost see their brains working. I'm loving the chemistry too...  after the first 9 episodes that I marathon non stop I went and discovered ode of joy :blush:  decided to watch it and I confirmed again their chemistry.. but I have to say I'm loving it more at when a snail falls in love  .. it's more raw, tiny expressions, smiles, the teasing .. to me makes it even more enjoyable :cookie:

I just can't wait for next week so that we can discuss these last three episodes ... they are really good and enjoyable 

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

I am soooo loving this drama!  The script is taut and very well told, the cinematography is beyond excellent and the acting is superb.  I hope the team responsible for this production will be doing more projects.  Just excellent from every angle.

@Kathy and @Table122000.... Welcome to the thread.  @Chipibela

This drama has consumed me and really enjoying these actors/actresses playing their role. 

I am loving Yao Meng now. She is spunky, smart and a lot little bit of a show off. She needs to be more cautious because she is still a trainee and has a lot of learning to do. She has so much energy and she idolizes Ji Bai. In a romance department she is still to naive for think just because Ji Bai complément her is because he might be interested in her. 

@LyraYoo... We all so how concerned she was after he was slashed. She looked so worried and shocked.  I just love how honest she is to Ji Bia and confuses him because she is the like @bebebisous33 said Xu Xu is not acting like the other woman he has encountered all his life. I love Her drawings so much especially the Snail and Lion. The drawing with the Lion and Snail are just to cute. I don't think she has realized most her drawings are based on Ji Bai and her. 

Hi! New here, and just wanted to pop in and say that I love reading everyones' analysis of this drama. I love the main female protagonist (Xu Xu), she's like a breath of fresh air. She has no ulterior motive, and I think that's why Ji bai is so intrigued by her. I don't believe he's "in love" with her, but I think he's definitely interested given his teasing and the fact that he gave her his jacket (and then made an excuse about it.. she only sneezed once). 

This drama makes me want to learn Mandarin, haha. 

12 minutes ago, casserole said:

Hi! New here, and just wanted to pop in and say that I love reading everyones' analysis of this drama. I love the main female protagonist (Xu Xu), she's like a breath of fresh air. She has no ulterior motive, and I think that's why Ji bai is so intrigued by her. I don't believe he's "in love" with her, but I think he's definitely interested given his teasing and the fact that he gave her his jacket (and then made an excuse about it.. she only sneezed once). 

This drama makes me want to learn Mandarin, haha. 

@casserole... Welcome to the thread and thrilled you like This drama.

Like everyone else, I was pleasantly surprised that ep 10-12 was available. I like episode 12 the most because it has more scenes about our OTP. They changed Yao Meng's character in the drama version. In the novel she was in love with Ji Bai. I was surprised to see that in the drama, she was the key to XuXu sorting out her feelings for Ji Bai. Somehow the drama is depicting that Xuxu fell in love with Ji Bai first when the novel was the other way around. Xuxu did not draw in the novel either. Ji Bai's feelings for XuXu in this drama version is very hard to read. In the novel, the author was very effective in describing to his audience how Ji Bai slowly developed feelings for Xuxu and that is what I liked about the novel. I hope to see signs of Ji Bai's pursuit of XuXu in the drama. Ji Bai liked XuXu because she only deals with facts and she is very straightforward with everything. What you see is what you get. She is not the type to throw herself at Ji Bai (like all the other women). Like she said, she made him dinner because she wanted to, why does she have to put any other reason for doing so?

I hope to see Xu Jun (XuXu's brother) in the drama also. I think he is an important part of the story. But I guess since in the drama they connected ZiXi to Ji Bai, her past with Xu Jun is gone so they may not need him anymore. And XuXu seems to be staying in the dorm with Yao Meng when in the novel, XuXu has her own apartment where Xu Jun always visits his sister. So I guess the scene where Xu Jun almost caught the OTP making out in her own apartment will be cut also *bummer I liked that scene!*

40 minutes ago, jma030201 said:

Like everyone else, I was pleasantly surprised that ep 10-12 was available. I like episode 12 the most because it has more scenes about our OTP. They changed Yao Meng's character in the drama version. In the novel she was in love with Ji Bai. I was surprised to see that in the drama, she was the key to XuXu sorting out her feelings for Ji Bai. Somehow the drama is depicting that Xuxu fell in love with Ji Bai first when the novel was the other way around. Xuxu did not draw in the novel either. Ji Bai's feelings for XuXu in this drama version is very hard to read. In the novel, the author was very effective in describing to his audience how Ji Bai slowly developed feelings for Xuxu and that is what I liked about the novel. I hope to see signs of Ji Bai's pursuit of XuXu in the drama. Ji Bai liked XuXu because she only deals with facts and she is very straightforward with everything. What you see is what you get. She is not the type to throw herself at Ji Bai (like all the other women). Like she said, she made him dinner because she wanted to, why does she have to put any other reason for doing so?

I hope to see Xu Jun (XuXu's brother) in the drama also. I think he is an important part of the story. But I guess since in the drama they connected ZiXi to Ji Bai, her past with Xu Jun is gone so they may not need him anymore. And XuXu seems to be staying in the dorm with Yao Meng when in the novel, XuXu has her own apartment where Xu Jun always visits his sister. So I guess the scene where Xu Jun almost caught the OTP making out in her own apartment will be cut also *bummer I liked that scene!*

Xu Jun is the one thing I'm disappointed in with this version, I don't think he'll be in it. I think the change in YM character is to take the place that XJ had (mirror into Xu Xus mind/emotions) . But I love this version YM so I can't be too disappointed by the change. 

I feel like others in this forum have seen Ji Bais interest in Xu Xu, I think it's true too. He's subtle but he's already interested in her romantically, I think. 

@lolalarue @jma030201.... Chingu's, I too am disappointed that Xu Jun isn't part of the cast.  I loved his character in the novel too.  This version of Yao Men is great and very beneficial to Ji Bai's team.  Having someone she can rely on and be very helpful to her.  I think these changes they made were to make the story very climatic and an effective plot for this drama.  Like Ji Bai's connection to the Ye family was more beneficial than Xu Jun first love and connection to Zixi on screen. In the novel it was good and suspenseful for the readers. 

I've only so far seen Ep. 10-12 raw with C-subs and am enjoying the progression. Clearly the Ye household is in absolute shambles although it's interesting that despite the dysfunctionality, there's still some semblance of family loyalty remaining. 

I'm enjoying the subtle shifts in the dynamic of the OTP. I can't say definitively that JB is in love with XX... all indications suggest not but he's definitely headed in the right direction. ;) He's still thinking of her in terms of being a freak and not quite a normal woman BUT I imagine that because he doesn't see her as a woman, he is dropping his guard with her a lot more readily and letting her have more access to his inner life. What I find especially lovely is that XX is so eager and open about wanting to take care of him in a way that defies his assumptions about how the world he knows operates. This is a guy who is big on responsibility, who's so busy trying to protect everyone and save everyone... and yet it is the little snail who sees that the lion has needs too. Ironically it's the snail who carries a shell on her back who can perceive that the lion too retracts into his shell as a safety valve.

I think as JB learns to trust XX's intelligence and judgement, he will learn to trust her more and more for his emotional needs.

Hi I've just marathoned ep 1-9 and am a bit tired. I even went to read the novel. Don't watch Cdramas normally. Ok hardly ever maybe a few TW in a year.

Wow is this the norm now for Cdramas? It is very slick and in fact the novel is really good. Do we really have to wait for 3 episodes to be released once a week?

I am kinda dying here after reading the spoilers. Where can I get hold of ep 10-12? Thank you. It has taken me a while but I am getting used to the accents. I find it ironic that I can probably understand a Kdrama raw than a Cdrama without subs. The accent is too different from what I am used to as in TW. But at this point am so desperate don't care. 

Is there a site that uploads the new episodes fast besides DF? I am dying to see how Ji Bai and Xu Xu are doing. 

On 11/9/2016 at 3:36 AM, xiaodan4869 said:

No kiss in the drama... Wang Kai said... "Very Restrained"

whyyyy??????????????????????????????///

On 11/9/2016 at 4:40 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Links are on the first page, dear. 

Oooh... what trailer might this be? *wink, wink*

I read bits and pieces of the novel last night and there was some really risque kissing going on.

thanks 

Well I found the raw episodes thank goodness. I was very distracted by the Chinese landscape. Haven't seen pictures or seen how it looks like from an aerial view. I can't work out the cinematography. It is so slick and smooth. No swirling cameras. And doing all those on site filming makes it so authentic. It is also so rustic. 

The romance in the novel is so hot and whew, so intense. However the crimes here are kinda violent. Realistically I know that the Chinese organized crime gangs are ruthless and inhuman. But it is still very sad watching a plot about human trafficking. Since that is actually reality.

So for me, watching this drama is not really escapism. I am actually going to read the novel. I have a feeling that I am missing something. Not about the romance but more to the fact I am not used to how they write Chinese crime plots. It is so different from a Korean drama's chaebol criminal. And even a serial killer is sanitised. I haven't quite recovered from that amount of blood on the floor. I was expecting her to be the 2nd female lead so was shocked when she died.

Shudder. This drama is going to blow my brain. The only thing in common from my childhood memories are the fighting moves. My dad used to make us watch the Chinese national  ( I think? ) ? I have no idea what you call it martial arts competition. You know the ones where they use all the weapons you see in those wuxia dramas? Maybe that's why I think Ji Bai is hot. He is so masculine vs all the pretty young plastic surgery to death younger actors even on Cdramas.

I laughed as I watched her running. I thought  " wow she is so scrawny and with no muscles that she can't be more than 40kg. " Imagine my surprise when I read that she is really 40kg. I used to be taught rescue techniques when younger. I swear I felt as if I could just swing girls like that in the air. And I could carry another female that way in a fireman's  lift. I am Asian by the way and not tall. She is so small; beyond petite. I salute the actress for all that running. Plus trying to do a chin up with her arms the wrong way. The pull up- which she did - is actually harder then chin up. There is no way the actress could have done it. Much less use the monkey bar. * shaking head * this drama is an eye opener to a mainland drama. Absolutely love it even though I am picking it apart. It's like a fascinating new world. And oh yes, love their much more realistic fighting choreography. Plus the slick seamless editing. 

Guess what I know what I'll be doing today- go read the novel. The subs wil take awhile to come out right? I need to go back to episode 1. I think for this drama going to have to listen I kept missing stuff as the explanation for all the idioms were so long  on screen. Love it thought that the viki subbers are doing all the explanations. There is a website with all the idioms somewhere online. Now going to have to search for it. As a refresher. 

Additional- hang on. There's no kissing in the drama? Darn. The novel scenes were really hot. But it's ok since my first love is actually reading and the novel is great. 

Question: there is a lot of smoking in the drama. Is that common in a mainland drama? I presume the actor smokes in real life. Sorry I really don't watch mainland dramas. And only familiar with Kdramas. And some TW. Thought it was taboo that's all. On the small screen but ok on the big  screen.

54 chapters later- I don't even need kissing. I want kissing but can live without it.

Do you know this feeling? When it makes you hot under the collar and go " nnnnngghhh!"

I had palpitations reading the romance progression.  God even a hand on the back of a chair made my heart race. I am sure picturing Wang Kai being Ji Bai is enough. Geez... and I haven't read the ending. This book is gold and the slow burn makes me swoon. 

The honorifics used by each other is so squeal worthy. And that's why I don't even bat an eyelash when they fall into sex for American sitcoms. Even a bowl of porridge scene made my heart melt.

Ji Bai is SO HOT!!!

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

54 chapters later- I don't even need kissing. I want kissing but can live without it.

Do you know this feeling? When it makes you hot under the collar and go " nnnnngghhh!"

I had palpitations reading the romance progression.  God even a hand on the back of a chair made my heart race. I am sure picturing Wang Kai being Ji Bai is enough. Geez... and I haven't read the ending. This book is gold and the slow burn makes me swoon. 

The honorifics used by each other is so squeal worthy. And that's why I don't even bat an eyelash when they fall into sex for American sitcoms. Even a bowl of porridge scene made my heart melt.

Ji Bai is SO HOT!!!

Exactly chingu @ck1Oz... Ji Bai is HOT! on paper and screen. Wang Kai and Oliva Wang are doing a great job at potraying their character. As much as i want to see a kiss between them, it really doesn't matter at alll because just having them alone in a room is sooooo AMAZING!. The way he looks at her and the way she reacts towards him is so darn perfect. 

TO all my chingu's 

I wonder if the BIG BOSS THAT Ji Bai went to see in episode 1 will reappear chingu. The Big Boss left this in JI Bai's possession these word " LANG IS NO LONGER HERE. UNRESOLVED ISSUES OF THE PAST. THE GOLDEN PYTHON IS STIRRING UP TROUBLE IN BURMA. THE COBRA IS ACTIVE IN LIN CITY .  THE STORM IS COMING." NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO MEET HIM. It seems he knew what was going to happen and might have alot more info on what happen in the past. 

Lol that's funny. Dramanice streams off other sites with subs. And the subs are ripped from DF. You mean it the other way round you mean.

I will just wait for the viki subs since I've read the novel and watch the raw. The reason why I am posting- is it almost a rhetorical question to ask if I should watch her other police drama? I was intrigued by the description but didn't actually start it.

I have to repeat myself. That is one hot Ji Bai. It really doesn't help when I am rereading from C50. For those who read it the description of how their relationship progress is pretty sizzling. Gosh have to love how using words effectively is more palpitation inducing then a sex scene in an American sitcom. 

6 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Lol that's funny. Dramanice streams off other sites with subs. And the subs are ripped from DF. You mean it the other way round you mean.

I will just wait for the viki subs since I've read the novel and watch the raw. The reason why I am posting- is it almost a rhetorical question to ask if I should watch her other police drama? I was intrigued by the description but didn't actually start it.

I have to repeat myself. That is one hot Ji Bai. It really doesn't help when I am rereading from C50. For those who read it the description of how their relationship progress is pretty sizzling. Gosh have to love how using words effectively is more palpitation inducing then a sex scene in an American sitcom. 

@ck1Oz  Chingu, re reading the novel from C50 toooo. It get so steamy and hot in the novel.  WHo's other police drama should you watch??? What is the title??

Archived