[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has it started already? Thanks for the shoutout @bebebisous33.

Yessssssss... I've been waiting and waiting for this one. Wang Kai :wub:

Will this my C- drama of the year? I've just not liked many this year. Or any... except the Imperial Doctress.

That preview of Ep. 7 is cute. He says that she even eats like a snail. All their colleagues get up in a hurry. LOL.

I'm curious as to why the two women call him "Shi Fu". Is he their teacher, or trainer?

The most recent 3 eps solidified my interest in this show. It's so good, the characters are interesting. And we actually see deep friendships between the two main male characters and the two main female characters. I love how the Rhino colleague (haven't heard his name yet) is no so subtly interested in Yang Meng (is that right?). Ji Bai is so cool and I like his flirty-ness. Xu Xu and Yang Meng friendship is something I definitely approve of - so cute. 

Xu Xu is growing on me (I loved her in the books but it's different not seeing into her head), her personality is still pretty much the same but not as asperger's as I expected. YM and XX are super cute together. 

I like how the crimes are slowly unravelling and I'm guessing that Rhino's dad's thing may get explained more in the future. 

Ji Bai may be slowly getting more and more interested in Xu Xu but I wish her investigating is going to get more integrated with his investigations sooner rather than later. I can't wait until they properly team up. 

Just finished watching episode 4-6 . Wow Wow.. I was just blown away by the story line because of  how each case is connected to the Ye Family. Ji Bai reallly hates anyone suffering from any injustices and believe in the law. 

Zhao Han followed in his father's footsteps and has a big heart. Zhao Han has a crush on Yao Meng , it's kinda cute how he tries to help her. Zhao Han and Ji Bai's brotherhood is strong and they not care for their teammates. Zhao Han having guts to defend XuXu is reallly funny. 

Yao Meng is crushing on Ji Bai and he is so obviously. Yao Meng showed her skills and she is an amazing fighter. She still has a lot to learn and catches in real quick. 

Ji Bai is just to hot and an awesome fighter. His shocked to hear Ye Zi Xi's love confession. I was really hoping she was going to ask for help when even I find the game she is playing is totally out of her reach. I think  she is haviving an affair with her cousin's husband and Poor Ji Bai doesn't believe his little sister would do such a thing. Ji Bai is sure having fun at pushing/training XuXu. He is a great trainer and  I think he makes  

Ye Zi xi  despises her family especially her cousin and don't trust them. I also believe she is trying to survive but the road she is taking is very dangerous. I am praying she survives. This road has to many ventures the family is in and her need for vengeance for what happen to her father. 

I really hate the way they ended each episode 6 because the anticipation of waiting to see if Ye Zi Xi is ok is so tormenting.

@UnniSarah I would like to correct you. If you don't want to be spoiled ...

Spoiler

I watched the long trailer and you see Ye Zi Xi dead.

In my opinion, Ye Zi Xi's phone call to Ji Bai sounded more or less suicidal. She confessed her love to him, but she also added that she had chosen a path therefore she couldn't come to his side. Finally, she commented that she had not enough time. Ye Zi Xi knew something and XuXu has realised it. Even Ji Bai was disturbed by her words over the phone. In my opinion, he will feel responsible for her death.

Spoiler

Ye Zi Xi wanted to confess to him (since she texted him), especially after remembering his words that if she had any trouble, she should call the police (he was implying himself), but she is killed before she can say what she knows. 

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@UnniSarah I would like to correct you. If you don't want to be spoiled ...

Reveal hidden contents

I watched the long trailer and you see Ye Zi Xi dead.

In my opinion, Ye Zi Xi's phone call to Ji Bai sounded more or less suicidal. She confessed her love to him, but she also added that she had chosen a path therefore she couldn't come to his side. Finally, she commented that she had not enough time. Ye Zi Xi knew something and XuXu has realised it. Even Ji Bai was disturbed by her words over the phone. In my opinion, he will feel responsible for her death.

Hide contents

Ye Zi Xi wanted to confess to him (since she texted him), especially after remembering his words that if she had any trouble, she should call the police (he was implying himself), but she is killed before she can say what she knows. 

@bebebisous33... I am all for the correction chingu. 

Spoiler

From the text message.. I thought she was going to be murdered that is why i said i wanted her to survive. I might be wrong chingu. I saw the clip to episode 7... I assuemed it was Ye Zi Xi's house and body they found murdered was Ye Zi Xi...(. by the  the dormant "Angel's Killer" reappears. )  My theories are always all over the place.... But I think you might be right about the suicide because of her invovlement with her cousin in law kidnapping. I believe she pushed that boy to kidnap that arrogant man to hurt her cousin. smh smh 

@UnniSarah Well, you're right. She will be killed, but in my opinion, she knew that her life was in danger because of her involvement. That's why she sounds so suicidal. First, she had accepted that she might die, then she changed her mind. She decided to reveal her involvement therefore she called her friend Ji Bai.

43 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@UnniSarah Well, you're right. She will be killed, but in my opinion, she knew that her life was in danger because of her involvement. That's why she sounds so suicidal. First, she had accepted that she might die, then she changed her mind. She decided to reveal her involvement therefore she called her friend Ji Bai.

Your right Chingu:heart::heart:... 

Chingu's 
I wonder Did you guys buy Ji Bai's reasoning for accepting Xu Xu as a trainee. Even Zhao Han did not believe his explanation. 
I don't remember the exact answer he gave him but in my own words He said  XuXu ( the Genius) is empathetic and eager to learn is why he chose her. 
The reasons why he accepted her because Ye Zi Xi confessed to having feelings for Ji Bai which would also explain Xu Xu intuition in ZX's cousin In Law's action during the lunch Xu Xu and Ji Bai aid with ZX's cousin In Law.
During ZX's cousin In Law lunch meet with XX and JB, he tried so hard to embarrass JI Bai but JB didn't even give him the chance to. JB is just to hot, calm and confident. I think JB didn't even realize that ZX's cousin was sizing him up and trying real hard to embarrass him or maybe he did that was why he responds to him by knowing what kind of food they served there. 

3 hours ago, p3rsephone said:

Ugh this show is so good so far. I really like it.

Does anyone know if the novel has been completely translated or if someone is currently translating it?

Chingu... The link to the  novel translation in in the first page. 

I think that the reason he accepted her is because he realized that she does have a conscience and is able to recognize and admit when she has made a mistake. He does think she is quite smart and good at what she does, if she wasn't she wouldn't have been accepted even though she failed the physical. But he doesn't want anyone on his team to get hurt and often genius people are so sure of themselves that they let other people get hurt because they wouldn't admit to their mistake, so when he realized she wasn't like that he was fine with it but he still wants her to pass the physical so that she could be able to protect herself so that she wouldn't get hurt either.

I don't know if I'm making any sense right now 'cause it's really late. :dizzy:

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingu's 
I wonder Did you guys buy Ji Bai's reasoning for accepting Xu Xu as a trainee. Even Zhao Han did not believe his explanation. 
I don't remember the exact answer he gave him but in my own words He said  XuXu ( the Genius) is empathetic and eager to learn is why he chose her. 
The reasons why he accepted her because Ye Zi Xi confessed to having feelings for Ji Bai which would also explain Xu Xu intuition in ZX's cousin In Law's action during the lunch Xu Xu and Ji Bai aid with ZX's cousin In Law.
During ZX's cousin In Law lunch meet with XX and JB, he tried so hard to embarrass JI Bai but JB didn't even give him the chance to. JB is just to hot, calm and confident. I think JB didn't even realize that ZX's cousin was sizing him up and trying real hard to embarrass him or maybe he did that was why he responds to him by knowing what kind of food they served there. 

Chingu... The link to the  novel translation in in the first page. 

Actually I think that Ji Bai was fully aware of what BIL/YZX affair partner was doing because it was pretty obvious he was trying to intimidate/show off to JB in the restaurant. I also thought that JB knew that Xu Xu was right about YZX back when she first said it but didn't want it to be true and so used that as a way to 'prove' Xu Xu wasn't right all the time (ie not be too cocky about her skills and show that she still has a lot to learn about police work and evidence). When I say 'knew' I mean subconsciously I think he knew Xu Xu was right but was conflicted about it and took it out on XX. I feel like JB is too smart to really disbelieve the motives of these people. Xu Xu does also need to do more 'traditional' police work and find evidence to back up her intuition. Love love the dynamics of this team. 

Archived