[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

Hello Guys.... I've been reading all comments in this topic, but commenting for the first time :)

Coming to the recent episodes, I have few doubts... :huh: Like, who is the person who informed the commander about the drug route?? Is it the same person who saved brother Lu? :confused: and is Zhao's dad alive?? I have a very big doubt of him being alive and actually helping commander deal with drug dealings.... 

Sorry for having so many questions :D

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, hppatronus said:

Hello Guys.... I've been reading all comments in this topic, but commenting for the first time :)

Coming to the recent episodes, I have few doubts... :huh: Like, who is the person who informed the commander about the drug route?? Is it the same person who saved brother Lu? :confused: and is Zhao's dad alive?? I have a very big doubt of him being alive and actually helping commander deal with drug dealings.... 

Sorry for having so many questions :D

To me Zhao's dad is still alive, he managed to survive and it was probably him who sent that message... Regarding if he became  one of the bad guys.. Hum i really think not ... he might be undercover.. but that's all ... he seemed to have a deep bond with his superior and with Ji Bai also and an huge sense of integrity ..at least that memory in episode 13 gave me that impression.. It's impossible that someone could change that much... Those kind of principles are hard to break

4 hours ago, kavi said:

Is it just me who thinks there will b a season 2.....we have only 6 epi left & now we r in human trafficking arc , there is still the guy who killed ye xi zi- the 1st case  to b caught

Hide contents

Spoiler

And the last case of the angel killer has not even started yet

so many stuff to cover in 6 epi so I hope there is a season 2 soon ....fingers crossed :blush:

@kavi..... Omo Omo ... I was wondering about that too chingu 

Spoiler

about the angel killer too. Hoping for a season 2... I would be so thrilled.

Chingu's where can I find the ratings for this drama. 

@hppatronus

3 hours ago, Chipibela said:

To me Zhao's dad is still alive, he managed to survive and it was probably him who sent that message... Regarding if he became  one of the bad guys.. Hum i really think not ... he might be undercover.. but that's all ... he seemed to have a deep bond with his superior and with Ji Bai also and an huge sense of integrity ..at least that memory in episode 13 gave me that impression.. It's impossible that someone could change that much... Those kind of principles are hard to break

@Chipibela... LOL ... After watching episode 13, I came to the conclusion that mabye the person behind destroying the Ye Corperation might be Zhao's dad. The person who was out to destroy the Ye Corperation has alot of hate for the Ye family. Ye Lanyuan lied to the cops about not know when HU Zhishan got involved with Drugs. In the earlier episode , it was said in the past they did have some shady dealings and how YL sometimes think of the past. HZ told him he can't for get the past ( so I really wasn't surprised that he was still in the shady business). HZ wasn't even respected by the YE family but they used him through and through and never gave him anything for what he has done for them. I also positive he has done a lot of horrible crimes in the name of the Ye Corporation aand was never rewarded for his deed to help them. Even I feel that YL is probably the one who introduced him to that kind of life and once YL was done with that life he expected that HZ would just be satisfied with the little crumbs he would be passing to him as the years were to come.  I agree with you assesment @Chipibela HZ was a good guys in the past but like Zixi said someone suffering can sometimes pushed them to steer in the wrong direction if it involved with lots of pain and suffering.  I reallly hope that HZ did die in the car accident and he isn't alive seeking vengeance because ZH and JB would be hurt the most if the person they loved and admired became the bad guy.  :heart::heart::heart:

YM actually sounds traumatised. She can have her team support but sounds like she needs a psychologist help instead. She can't be doing any front line job in this state. In real life she would be at a desk job with work restrictions. Plus counselling. 

I know I don't watch mainland dramas. But what is with the nurses caps, mask and skirt pants suit? And no bulletproof vests for a sting operation like this. I am so used this being drummed into my head. Fire services are to ensure safety. Police are for security then emergency rescue services only after scene is secured. Plus if I was the kidnapped teenagers- those masked doctors and nurses do not present a reassuring face. Jeepers. And those white WHITE outfits.

I enjoyed the BTS videos thanks for posting. I liked how the director and actors described their characters. Much more enlightening then a character description. 

Fast forwarded and finished Love me if you dare- it was good until the Caucasian actors came in. It was too painful to watch such extended bad acting. This is much better.

21 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@kavi..... Omo Omo ... I was wondering about that too chingu 

Reveal hidden contents

about the angel killer too. Hoping for a season 2... I would be so thrilled.

Chingu's where can I find the ratings for this drama. 

I found very good  news about the ratings . i will post the link below

http://www.wangkaiinternational.com/2016/11/when-snail-falls-in-love-reaches-over.html

20 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@hppatronus

@Chipibela... LOL ... After watching episode 13, I came to the conclusion that mabye the person behind destroying the Ye Corperation might be Zhao's dad. The person who was out to destroy the Ye Corperation has alot of hate for the Ye family. Ye Lanyuan lied to the cops about not know when HU Zhishan got involved with Drugs. In the earlier episode , it was said in the past they did have some shady dealings and how YL sometimes think of the past. HZ told him he can't for get the past ( so I really wasn't surprised that he was still in the shady business). HZ wasn't even respected by the YE family but they used him through and through and never gave him anything for what he has done for them. I also positive he has done a lot of horrible crimes in the name of the Ye Corporation aand was never rewarded for his deed to help them. Even I feel that YL is probably the one who introduced him to that kind of life and once YL was done with that life he expected that HZ would just be satisfied with the little crumbs he would be passing to him as the years were to come.  I agree with you assesment @Chipibela HZ was a good guys in the past but like Zixi said someone suffering can sometimes pushed them to steer in the wrong direction if it involved with lots of pain and suffering.  I reallly hope that HZ did die in the car accident and he isn't alive seeking vengeance because ZH and JB would be hurt the most if the person they loved and admired became the bad guy.  :heart::heart::heart:

May be he is helping the Chinese police... n remember that guy who saved Brother Lu said she is his lady... n if m not wrong, even Brother Lu's real surname was Zhao... I wonder if there is any connection btwn these ppl.... 

8 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

YM actually sounds traumatised. She can have her team support but sounds like she needs a psychologist help instead. She can't be doing any front line job in this state. In real life she would be at a desk job with work restrictions. Plus counselling. 

I know I don't watch mainland dramas. But what is with the nurses caps, mask and skirt pants suit? And no bulletproof vests for a sting operation like this. I am so used this being drummed into my head. Fire services are to ensure safety. Police are for security then emergency rescue services only after scene is secured. Plus if I was the kidnapped teenagers- those masked doctors and nurses do not present a reassuring face. Jeepers. And those white WHITE outfits.

I enjoyed the BTS videos thanks for posting. I liked how the director and actors described their characters. Much more enlightening then a character description. 

Fast forwarded and finished Love me if you dare- it was good until the Caucasian actors came in. It was too painful to watch such extended bad acting. This is much better.

@ck1Oz    Chingu, it seems a lot of Caucasian or any American actors are just have no talent in the Asian drama. They should do better casting for these role.  These mistakes that appear in these drama is because they do not do their research or its just part of script to make it easier for the criminal to get away. 

@freitaz01... Thanks for the rating chingu and all the GIF 

I CREATED MY OWN ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/amberfine12/status/799854307210362880

32 minutes ago, hppatronus said:

May be he is helping the Chinese police... n remember that guy who saved Brother Lu said she is his lady... n if m not wrong, even Brother Lu's real surname was Zhao... I wonder if there is any connection btwn these ppl.... 

@hppatronus.... The first time I wrote your name was to welcome you to the thread... Sorry for not writing it down. LOLI.  I have a tendency to start a topic and not finish it .  Welcome to our wonderful thread.  You might be right chingu, but who knows. I am enjoying all the twist that is in the storyline.  ZH's dad was JB's mentor and he loved him. JB has been looking for answers to what happen to his teacher. His teacher was so proud of him . JB really takes after his grandpa. 

I wish that Grandpa Ji would make another entrance like he did in episode 2. 

I'm still in love with the snail and lion   Since those in this forum have such good taste in drama :) could you give some recommendations for other Chinese dramas/movies that one might like if they are loving this drama?  Thanks in advance, I'm just putting my toe into the Chinese drama pool and guidance would be appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Kathy said:

I'm still in love with the snail and lion   Since those in this forum have such good taste in drama :) could you give some recommendations for other Chinese dramas/movies that one might like if they are loving this drama?  Thanks in advance, I'm just putting my toe into the Chinese drama pool and guidance would be appreciated.

@Kathy Hi chingu. .. Are I looking for any drama  particular . There are all to can recommend to you chingu.  Message me the type and I will send you a list 

On 18.11.2016 at 0:23 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

According to page 1, this is a 21 episode drama so they will most definitely have to wrap up the trafficking arc ASAP if they're even thinking about bringing in a serial killer as well. I haven't got any problems with this show going to 24 or 25 episodes but 30 would be dragging things out too much.

I think YQ has always seen herself in competition with YZX... something she mentioned during her first interrogation. Her attitude was "I saw him first" and was generally resentful that YZX and JB became really close. Perhaps she finds some consolation in the fact that there was something that both of them wanted that both failed to "get" since YZX usually managed to upstage her at almost everything. She could also be curious as to why JB seemed immune to YZX's charms. I imagine that JB was someone YZX wanted very much but despite years of friendship it didn't translate into anything beyond that. And as JB acknowledged, that opportunity did pass them by.

I'm inclined to think that whatever opportunity may have arisen in years past, JB was too busy being a cop to really want to complicate his life with that kind of romantic relationship. Seeing what his personality is like and how driven he is about his job, it had to be another cop that could make in roads into his emotional life... someone who works alongside him and understands the rigours and demands of the job. YZX was emotionally a bit of a wreck and too needy to be a cop's wife. That union would have been a disaster no matter how good the original intentions.

I would like to add another observation why JB didn't fall in love with YZX. First of all, when JB met YZX's father, the latter looked at him as a perfect match for his daughter. We heard from LY that YZX's father wanted him to marry his daughter. In my opinion, JB must have noticed it. So JB is not someone who wants to be seen and used because of his position and social status. Then, JB has always acted as a strong person with a huge sense of responsibility... so he had noone to rely on. I feel that YZX was always looking for him in order to get consoled and support. To me, she used to confine to him a lot (see f. ex. the first episode), while JB never had the opportunity to talk about himself and his problems. When JB is with XX, the opposite happens. XuXu is always thinking about JB and his problems. She lectures him, she listens to him so that JB has been able to talk about his past. Noone before XuXu gave him the support he needed as people always saw him as a strong person who didn't need any comfort which is totally stupid. JB is not superman! 

@UnniSarah Now, I am wondering why Hu Zhi Shan wanted to delay the time of YZX's death because he could have framed Ye Zhian but we saw that he even erased the prints on the balcony. If he wanted to tarnish Ye's family, he could have just killed her differently and blame the son. Yet, by delaying the time of her death, Hu ZS gave Ye Lanyuan's son the opportunity to have an alibi. On the other hand, when JB asked Ye Lanyuan where he was around 9.00-10.00 pm, we were shown Ye L. getting angry and throwing something onto the floor in the presence of Hu Zhi Shan. The question: why did he appear at YZX's villa? 

- The possible answer is that he wanted the money for himself. Since you mentioned the scene where Ye L. and Hu Zhi Shan are talking about the past, I am now wondering if Ye L. hasn't asked Hu Zhi Shan to become the "official" culprit so that Ye L. can save his name and reputation as he became aware that JB would never give up to find the culprit. Ye L. can blame now Hu Zhi Shan for the drugs' dealing aso, yet he might be involved in reality. Like I had mentioned before, I found it weird that Hu Zhi Shan went to a tempel in order to pray.   

20 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I would like to add another observation why JB didn't fall in love with YZX. First of all, when JB met YZX's father, the latter looked at him as a perfect match for his daughter. We heard from LY that YZX's father wanted him to marry his daughter. In my opinion, JB must have noticed it. So JB is not someone who wants to be seen and used because of his position and social status. Then, JB has always acted as a strong person with a huge sense of responsibility... so he had noone to rely on. I feel that YZX was always looking for him in order to get consoled and support. To me, she used to confine to him a lot (see f. ex. the first episode), while JB never had the opportunity to talk about himself and his problems. When JB is with XX, the opposite happens. XuXu is always thinking about JB and his problems. She lectures him, she listens to him so that JB has been able to talk about his past. Noone before XuXu gave him the support he needed as people always saw him as a strong person who didn't need any comfort which is totally stupid. JB is not superman! 

@bebebisous33.... So true chingu, Ji Bai needed someone independent, smart and not looking to use him. He would always bring it up to Xu Xu but his assessment is always wrong. For example  Yao Meng brought food and Ji Bai's favorite dishes , he thought Xu Xu did it to butter him up. When he asked her to profile Zhang S , He said this profile will not help persuade him in changing his mind about her physical fitness.  When she brought him some porridge and started to to talk about the case, He assumed she brought him food just so she can discuss the case with him and again she told him she did it because she wanted to and then asked him what other reasons are there to bring him food. LOL LOL HE WAS SO CONFUSED BY HER ANSWER.  Xu xu is the first woman to ever approach him with no personal gain from him. Xu Xu has already peaked his interest and maybe he doesn't know how he feels about her but he loves teasin her and he does understand her like she understands him. I love the way she told him she understood him and the confidence she has in him is so cute. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@UnniSarah Now, I am wondering why Hu Zhi Shan wanted to delay the time of YZX's death because he could have framed Ye Zhian but we saw that he even erased the prints on the balcony. If he wanted to tarnish Ye's family, he could have just killed her differently and blame the son. Yet, by delaying the time of her death, Hu ZS gave Ye Lanyuan's son the opportunity to have an alibi. On the other hand, when JB asked Ye Lanyuan where he was around 9.00-10.00 pm, we were shown Ye L. getting angry and throwing something onto the floor in the presence of Hu Zhi Shan. The question: why did he appear at YZX's villa? 

- The possible answer is that he wanted the money for himself. Since you mentioned the scene where Ye L. and Hu Zhi Shan are talking about the past, I am now wondering if Ye L. hasn't asked Hu Zhi Shan to become the "official" culprit so that Ye L. can save his name and reputation as he became aware that JB would never give up to find the culprit. Ye L. can blame now Hu Zhi Shan for the drugs' dealing aso, yet he might be involved in reality. Like I had mentioned before, I found it weird that Hu Zhi Shan went to a tempel in order to pray.   

@bebebisous33 Exactly chingu,  HZ went there to save YL's son but YL did not know HZ killed his niece. He thought his son did it and wanted to protect his son.HZ was  a fixer for that family. I am positive he cleaned up after YL's son and YL most of his life. I fee HZ has lived cowardly and befriended a wealthy guy and became his errand boy. Choosing a life where he became bitter once life did not turn out the way he wanted it to. Once YL changed to become a good man, he did not want to return back to go back to life without any riches. Still he remain friends with YL and still did his hidden and he did the same for YL's children.  I think HZ delayed her death because he truly wanted her dead, especially if he was the one who told her why her uncle was the one who ordered her dad's kidnapping. YL did say he watched all the kids grown up and I am also guessing he was close with them and sometime they probably confided in him. I believe HZ went to a temple to repent for what he did and probably promised to be a good guy because he was probably afraid that KARMA will surely find him pay him for all the sins he has committed. But HZ seemed to forget he committed a crime because of that he will have to continue to do whatever is necessary to survive and that also means he will still have keep committing crime to survive.  I also believe HZ also think they money he stole was earned by him from the stiff he did for the Ye family and his betrayal was bound to occur because these people didn't deserve the good fortune they have been living in. This man truly disgus me. 

i rewatched  eps 10 - 15 today and i was wondering about the message that ji bai received in myamar and the text that his commander received in ep 14 , i think . I think that they are related because both mention the golden python , but the rest i don't know ? the snake and others ..

I  think that zhao's father is still alive because he said that he wouldn't came back before the case ( golden python ) is closed and that he is sending valuable information to his partner . 

On 11/17/2016 at 3:45 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

The most interesting thing to come out of Ep 15 for me is the contrast between the two women and perhaps the drama is saying something quite fundamental about policing... and that is it's 10% physical strength and 90% mental stamina. Because at the end of the day, even with the best skills in the world... if the mind can't get it together, even the body in the best shape is incapable of doing what's necessary. However, when the mind is firing at full capacity, resolute and ready to do what it takes, the body will fall in line. Perhaps it isn't just about policing but an all-of-life philosophy that's applicable to any kind of profession. To be made of sterner stuff, resilience must begin in the mind.

Hide contents

YM has always been the idealist... wanting to do her bit for society and put away the bad guys. I think she believed that if she did the right thing, the right kind of results will follow. But she was faced with an unexpected scenario... mistakes were made, people died and she (probably for the first time) felt the weight of what it means to be a cop... to hold the power of life and death in one's hands. Mistakes for cops are deadly and all the good intentions in the world cannot erase that or change that. Her physical prowess belied a naivete that was totally unprepared to deal with the consequences when the balance of good vs evil tips in favour of the latter.

No doubt the slow burn in the romance has been really well done in terms of how natural the progression has been. It starts first and foremost with the job. The job makes demands of both of them and forces them to deal with deep-seated issues, finding in each other an important source of strength. Perhaps the recent crisis was in part needed so that the student-teacher dynamic would finally give way to something more intimate and deeper. That is, to bring to the surface what's already brewing just below.

@40somethingahjumma - agreed with you totally. It amazing how idealist you can be but when reality hits it hurts so bad. YM trauma is palpable you can taste  it and feel. You can all feel their pain and anguish.  Xu Xu is definitely growing. She knows she is flawed but she can also identify her weaknesses and know  what she needs to do to improve. JB is slowly recognizing  the gem he has.

Episodes 13 -15 were well done and allowed us all to feel their pain, suffering, anger and loss in all the events that happen.

Cannot wait for the upcoming episodes.

Archived